Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Doc Neutral posted:

I actually don't know who's worst IdrA(temperamental jackass) or Destiny(annoying rear end in a top hat), both are shitheels yet very popular in the SC2 scene.

You have any videos or stuff for Destiny? It's strange, I don't give the slightest poo poo about SC2, e-sports or any of that but I'm utterly fascinated with all the garbage people that are tied to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Have a random blog post of someone angry at Skyrim

quote:

Odds are there is someone in your life who is spending their evenings slaying Dragons and amassing treasure in the most played game of 2011, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Skyrim is an open world role playing game (RPG) created by Bethesda Softworks and is set in a fictional, mostly medieval, swords and sorcery land called, Tamriel. It is a game where I expected to be killing and looting, but never expected to be slut-shaming.

In the game players are able to create an avatar for themselves, choosing a race, a gender, a name, many physical characteristics and a style of play. Will you be a warrior, a thief, a wizard or some hybrid? The nuance in the game comes from having the player face moral dilemmas along the way. Through these myriad choices the player’s avatar takes on its spiritual form. Will you be a righteous defender of justice? Will you be a mercenary for hire? Will you be a healer or will you practice blood magic? Will you steal all of the gold or just most of the gold? During my playthrough I have robbed just about everyone blind and I have murdered in cold blood. By my current statistics, the game tells me that I have killed 1081 people and about 1300 other various zombies, animals, robots and demons (most of whom I have stabbed in the back). I have stolen 2498 items, including 1659 straight from my victim’s pockets. So why did I take such umbrage at being asked to slut-shame a woman in her own home?

In a town called Riften we can rummage around a place called Haelga’s Bunkhouse. Haelga runs a dormitory for the blue-collar workers of Riften along with her Niece, Svana. Speaking with Svana will open up a miscellaneous quest that knocked me out of the fantasy world of Tamriel. It brought me back into a world where at least one in four western women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetimes and where women’s clothing choices are brought forth as justification by authority figures for random sexual attacks; where girls in schools everywhere are ostracized for their choice to become sexual beings or even just the rumor that they have. I don’t like this world. This world makes women ashamed of their bodies and afraid to express themselves sexually and freely. I hated that my fantasy gaming was colliding with such ugly reality.

Svana was orphaned and her Aunt Haelga took her in. Svana is an adult and cleans to pay her room and board. Seems like a fair deal to me, but Svana has other ideas about that.

“Work? I suppose you can call it that. I call it slavery. I work my fingers to the bone keeping this disgusting place clean.

Ever since my parents died and Haelga took me in it’s been a nightmare. How was I to know she was such a wretched woman?”

And what is it that makes Haelga so “Wretched”?

“It’s not just the work. It’s everything about her. She’s disgusting. I think she takes her worship of Dibella a bit too seriously. Do you know she slept with three different men in the last month alone? What kind of woman would do such a thing? Just for once I’d like to see her squirm…to rub her nose in it.”

Yes, rub her nose in it. Like you might a dog that has ruined your rug. This is an unattached woman having consensual and spiritual sex in her own home. For reference, Dibella is the in-game deity of love, and sex to her followers is a religious observance. So, what are my dialogue choices for responding to this diatribe?

“There must be a way.”

One choice. In a game full of choices, I can either go along with this or walk away. At no point am I given the option to talk her out of this – to say “hey, maybe you’re being a little hard on the woman that took you in after your parents were murdered.” Or, “it’s none of your business what she does in her bedroom.” Or, “do you think she’d be open to a fourth lover this month?” No, the only option is an enthusiastic “Ya, let’s teach that whore a lesson.” And from a gameplay standpoint, such a response is not in character with the hero I’ve created, but no alternative choice was given.

Svana continues.

“Actually, there is. But I don’t think I could get away with doing it. She’d kill me if she found out. You see, after she makes love she gives her partner a token of her affection called a Mark of Dibella. If you confront her with three of the Marks, she’d be so embarrassed… well, I don’t know what she’d do.”

At this stage I can tell Svana, “Sure. I’ll help you” or “Maybe another time.” Such a polarity of choices. So, off I am sent to retrieve these baubles of shame from the three men. On my way though, I can enjoy some of the contextual flavor that the game designers provided for this quest. I can visit Haelga’s bedroom where a pot of honey and potions of stamina rest on shelves. Her nightstand includes two erotic novels. Her bed has working shackles and underneath we find an animal tusk and leather strips i.e. a dildo and whip. The message here presumably is that Haelga enjoys a kinky sexual lifestyle and is therefore even more worthy of degradation than your average sexually active woman. Under the other side of the bed are some gold coins. A suggestion that Haelga is compensated for her abilities? Additionally we can read a love letter addressed to Haelga from one of her paramours.

“Sweet Haelga,

Last night was the most wonderful night of my life. The things you showed me…the things we did… I could never have dreamt that it was possible. Who even knew that someone could manipulate their body in that manner while wearing Daedric Armor boots? You are a true master of the Dibellan arts, my love… a credit to your religion. Perhaps we’ll meet again soon but next time allow me to bring the trout.

Your secret lover.”

Poor joke aside, everybody seems happy. Time to destroy that, I guess. Makes sense. The three men offer little resistance. One gives me some righteous indignation, one feigns ignorance and one pleads for discretion. You see, he’s married. I wonder, why am I not rubbing HIS face in it? With little effort on my part these three gentlemen sell Haelga out and give me the Marks. After confronting Haelga with the evidence of her rampant sluttiness we are given this response.

“What? How?…Where did you get these? No. Don’t tell me. Look, we need to keep this quiet…between you and me, okay? No one else needs to know about it. If word got out that I was practicing my Dibellan arts in Riften, they’ll run me out of town. Here, take this and don’t mention a word of this to anyone, especially, Svana!”

Still protecting her ungrateful niece after all this time. Svana however, is positively tickled at her aunt’s shaming.

“Isn’t it wonderful? I bet she was squirming like a skeever when you pulled them out of your pocket. I think things are going to be a lot different around here from now on and I have you to thank for it.”

Well, that’s one less brazen hussy terrorizing the penises of poor Tamriel. Such a noble endeavor. I think my problem with this quest was the lack of any kind of moral spectrum. She was either a wanton whore and therefore in need of punishment or I could just choose to not do the quest. There was never a time when I could side with Haelga. Haelga’s lifestyle was never to be considered positive. Some people may say, why make such a big deal about this? It’s just a throwaway quest in a massive game where you are able to commit atrocities against your fellow man and woman. This is true, but it’s small things like this that are so pervasive and surprisingly influential.

We all know that killing is wrong. We all know that theft is wrong. We all know that raising the dead is wrong (and unlikely). There are way too many of us however that do not know that slut-shaming is wrong and continue to use it as emotional blackmail or worse, an excuse for violence. By denying the player the option to be sex-positive it perpetuates the problem. Bethesda really missed an opportunity to not necessarily take a stand, but to let the player at least make that choice. Because choice is what RPGs are supposed to be about.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Neutral posted:

I actually don't know who's worst IdrA(temperamental jackass) or Destiny(annoying rear end in a top hat), both are shitheels yet very popular in the SC2 scene.

Destiny's fans jumped to his defense when he leaked nude pictures of an (allegely 15 year old) fan.

"Also, Banelings are a lot like rape."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcQedw7R1zk

Pomp fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 20, 2014

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Wait are we talking about E-sportists having mental breakdowns over sucking poo poo?

Introducing fluffnstuff!

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/445785-crash-and-burn-im-done-waiting

29 pages of garbage about his team being poo poo and him wanting to pick heroes in dota.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Basically, the cancerous growth that's keeping esports from being respected is the people into esports. The wider world is right, professional gaming is a joke, and the punchline is gamers.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 20, 2014

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nckdictator posted:

Have a random blog post of someone angry at Skyrim

To be fair, that quest was pretty distasteful. Plus, it was written by Bethesda, so it was bound to be bad to begin with.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Speaking of skyrim...

Source link :nws: http://lowegulefigure.wordpress.com/2013/12/11/skyrim-sex-and-rape-mod-18/ :nws:

IT'S ABOUT IMMERSION NOT PERVERSION!

quote:

. MY RECOMENDATION:

1. SEX LAB DEFEAT

What is it?

It’s a mod that add immersion by letting you to Rape and get raped. And there’s more other features.

First of all it allow you and your follower to get raped if their health or stamina below the minimum threshold. After getting beat on battle you and/or your follower will stand down and you must press the QTE button to use weapon/magic to get away from the enemies, avoiding getting rape. If you fail to do so, your character and follower will get raped by enemies and after each rape, there’s a chance to go away from the rapist. There’s a bunch of setting you can customized. It’s up to you whether you will get raped if defeated alone or only get raped if you and your follower already beaten.

The other feature this mod has it to be the rapist, you must knock down the enemy and press the action+modifier key (default Shift + G) to rape the enemy, rob them, etc; or simply kill them by holding action key (default G button). Note that stealth will make this action work 100% without the need to beat them down to the threshold (HP=20%).

:barf:

quote:

. If you play as female dragonborn, you should install this as immersion. Your character will have menstrual cycle and can get pregnant. The only minus I’ve found is the pregnancy body mesh will not look so good because the skin texture are pressed by the belly and it doesn’t look so good. And the birthing process will make your character stuck; that’s what I’ve found.

Anyway, adding this mod will also add info about your character while in sex, such as, the enemy is cumming inside you.

I need to go pray now after seeing that.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Holy gently caress I've got an insane tolerance for this sort of poo poo and this might be one of the worst things I've ever seen. For those of you who aren't gonna click that, this loving says it all.

Gamers.txt: RAPED: -100% Health and -50% Magicka, Stamina Regeneration.

Tracula fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Apr 20, 2014

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tracula posted:

I was joking. He was one of the biggest SC2 pro players for a while and eventually Team Liquid had enough of his poo poo and outbursts. I believe what got him canned was telling someone on the forums to get cancer. Overall he was just extremely unprofessional, hostile and didn't do anything to make e-sports look in anyway professional.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IdrA#WCS_2013_and_release_from_EG

Pretty sure professional gaming, no matter what, will never be viewed as "professional"

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The comments are just full of :spergin: about the sex mechanics and one of the script developers bitching about "not getting enough credit" for his work.

If in some drug fueled stupor I ever woke up and found that I had scripted such a thing not only would I question my humanity and place in this planet I would also want to keep as far the gently caress away from it as possible. These people have never had potential employers check them out, I take it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Uba Stij posted:

Pretty sure professional gaming, no matter what, will never be viewed as "professional"

I totally agree but the people who actually want professional gaming to be shown respect do nothing to help that and most of the time actively drag it down and make it an absolute joke. I mean, few months back I know there was some SC2 tournament where the prize purse was bitcoins. Yes, loving bitcoins.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tracula posted:

I totally agree but the people who actually want professional gaming to be shown respect do nothing to help that and most of the time actively drag it down and make it an absolute joke. I mean, few months back I know there was some SC2 tournament where the prize purse was bitcoins. Yes, loving bitcoins.

Oh I know, I was one of the idiots who did "esports journalism" for a while. It constituted getting sent to those events and seeing gamers.txt first hand two weekends a month.

What's worst is not the guys trying to make it a thing, which they do in a laughably half-assed "typical lazy gamer" fashion, but the community who stroke their egos to the point where they feel entitled to things. It's pretty sad.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Uba Stij posted:

Oh I know, I was one of the idiots who did "esports journalism" for a while. It constituted getting sent to those events and seeing gamers.txt first hand two weekends a month.

You know what you have to do..... :justpost:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Source link:

http://musingsofamountainmama.wordpress.com/2012/03/02/i-play-video-games-while-breastfeeding/

Breastfeeding while gaming. How can this possibly go wrong?

quote:

. Do any other mothers out there do this??  Or am I the only one??  I don’t think there is anything wrong with it…it is a really effective way to keep the other children entertained

I bet this ruins her immersion. She obviously doesn't have the right mods installed. :smug:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Widestancer posted:

Speaking of skyrim...

Source link :nws: http://lowegulefigure.wordpress.com/2013/12/11/skyrim-sex-and-rape-mod-18/ :nws:

IT'S ABOUT IMMERSION NOT PERVERSION!

:barf:

I need to go pray now after seeing that.

I wish I was surprised by any of that. :negative:

Also I know when I play RPGs I really miss the realistic touches like my period, pregnancy or threat of rape because it's not like I play video games to have fun or escape from real life for a while.

Edit: OH GOD I hope it's only human enemies and not poo poo like the Falmer.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kimmalah posted:

Edit: OH GOD I hope it's only human enemies and not poo poo like the Falmer.

:negative: We must weep for humanity this day, for your hopes appear to be ill founded judging by some forum chatter I'm seeing by searching for more related gamer.txt

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rudager posted:

You know what you have to do..... :justpost:

Well there's this interview by Team Liquid's "journalist" who pretty much embodies 99.9% of the esports community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quH9dn9zWdY

The rest are just these sort of mongoloids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7HbCkU_-cM

Oh and here's Destiny defending his use of racial slurs against someone who said he was a shitler for doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2R0ND7Avs0

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Apr 20, 2014

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Widestancer posted:

:negative: We must weep for humanity this day, for your hopes appear to be ill founded judging by some forum chatter I'm seeing by searching for more related gamer.txt

Deep down I already knew. :suicide:

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Wasn't there a problem with a lot of Game Journalists reviewing BI without even mentioning the gameplay and talking about the shallow story like it was gaming's sliced bread?

Look at this scrub who thinks that game journalists actually play games.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Uba Stij posted:

The rest are just these sort of mongoloids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7HbCkU_-cM

Wow, these are some next level shitheads.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Source:

http://khon2.com/2014/04/18/florida-father-kills-infant-son-to-play-video-games/

quote:

A Florida man is in custody in connection with the death of his toddler son.

Police say he confessed to suffocating the child so he could continue playing video games.

gamers_court_transcript.txt

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
http://m.imgur.com/a/40AVf

Gamers.jpg(s)

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you don't have a waifu shrine in your bedroom.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I don't see the Womb Raider DVD there or the Petra Verkaik Lara Croft photoshoot CD. He must be a poseur. :colbert:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Elder Scrolls Online, a pay and sub MMO released recently in tyool 2014 has had some issues.

Issues like them having a spam-click duplication bug that was pointed out in early beta and never fixed. How did Zenimax deal with this?

They pretty much banned every single player in the game. If you had touched a duped item or received duped gold, you got banned.

Let's see how people are reacting!

quote:

This hyperbolic perpetuation of the economy being "hosed" is absolute bollocks.
Every single MMO since kingdom loving come has had an item dupe in some form or another. From RuneScape to EVE to Guild Wars to World of Warcraft and so many inbetween. I guess all of those games are "hosed" though. /sarcasm
I have never heard of a game failing entirely because of an item dupe. Very rarely does one bug - even as badly managed as this one - cause an entire game to drop dead. It's not often that things die out because of one problem, most of the time problems stack and topple like dominoes.
Even with an AH the problem would eventually blow over. Yes, it's still an issue that should be (and ideally has been) fixed but it's only one in the short-term. Long-term the economy will equalize as it does in real life when similar fraudulent activities happen.
Either the game will cease to function for some other reason and the economy will no longer be an issue or it will succeed and the economy will recover.
Last I checked the Great Depression ended, and so will this.

quote:

This is FANTASTIC. I could not be happier with their response. They need to keep this stance. ZERO tolerance on using any exploits, with a perma-ban. Great job guys, keep it up.

quote:

My wife has been on hold for 118 minutes. She never buys gold or exploits bugs. She even reports bots and gold sellers. It's obvious that many of these are false bans. She's upset by it but even this and both of us getting hit by the bank bug isn't discouraging us from playing. Although TBH I almost wish I had the self control to cancel my membership until they get their poo poo together, but I doubt they give a poo poo really.

quote:

I feel the same way. I still plan on sticking around. By all means, perhaps I shouldn't. I'm having fun when I can play, and my main quest isn't bugged. I'm sure when everything is hammered out, sticking around will be worth it.

quote:

ok now they gave me game time code for 1 free day. no sorry or anything about why they banned me.
at least i can play again :)

Well then.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

How the gently caress does Stockholm Syndrome even kick in for a game as lovely as ESO.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ShadowMar posted:

How the gently caress does Stockholm Syndrome even kick in for a game as lovely as ESO.

Probably the same people who defended Tabula Rasa and Age of Conan on launch.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Guys I wish I could stop paying this bad company to play this terrible game BUT I JUST CAN'T GUYS WHAT IF I MISS BEING BANNED AGAIN??

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Goddamn this is beautiful, it's like the bugginess of single-player Elder Scrolls but you pay for it monthly. :)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
By the way this comes after rounds of people losing their entire banks, having character skills disappear, infinite falling bugs, broken main story quests, most of these also being reported in the early beta and never being fixed.

But it will be different this time guys! Wildstar will save us!

quote:

My first MMO was Ultima Online in 1996 I think. I'm the proud owner of almost every failed MMO collectors edition, yet here I am preordering wildstar deluxe edition. It'll be different this time guys, right? right? :ohdear:

quote:

I... I think I'm gonna buy this game, guys. I just never learn my lesson on MMO's.

quote:

You are me then, apparently. I'm preordering the deluxe edition tomorrow! It'll be different this time, totally.

Superb Owls
Nov 3, 2012
Returning to that 'Return of Kings' tosser (Because I'm of course a sucker for learning about bigoted shitheads and all the lovely things they do.), I found the about page and of course it just had to be completely full of bullshit.

NOTE: Bolding and Emphasis mine

Return of Twats posted:

Return Of Kings is a blog for heterosexual, :airquote: masculine :airquote: men. It’s meant for a small but vocal collection of men in America today who believe men should be masculine and women should be feminine.
Masculine being "be a complete rear end in a top hat to people on the internet who don't agree with your opinions" and Feminine being "Alternates between surrogate mum and gently caress-toy"

Return of High School Dropouts posted:

ROK aims to usher the return of the masculine man in a world where masculinity is being increasingly punished and shamed in favor of creating an androgynous and politically-correct society that allows women to assert superiority and control over men. Sadly, yesterday’s masculinity is today’s misogyny. The site intends to be a safe space on the web for those men who don’t agree with the direction that Western culture is headed.
Isn't there like a bunch of other sites that do that? I'm sure people on this site have found plenty of sites like that.

This quote is hilarious though

Return of :qqsay: posted:

Women and homosexuals are prohibited from commenting here. They will be immediately banned, and anyone who replies to them will also be banned. This includes replying in any thread that they started.

I'd make a quote here, but I just can't stop laughing at their laissez faire approach to ban anyone who even thinks about speaking to women or homosexuals if they so much as point out that they're all a bunch of man-babies who constantly spout biotruths and pseudo-philosophy and pretend they're all He-men who get tonnes of pussy when in reality they're just a bunch of kids who've deluded themselves into thinking they're the real oppressed victims and everyone who isn't them is out to get them and destroy them thanks to *insert whatever here*

Also, here's their WOT Scorecard for more chuckles

Superb Owls fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Apr 20, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Uba Stij posted:

Oh and here's Destiny defending his use of racial slurs against someone who said he was a shitler for doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2R0ND7Avs0

This is the most awkward loving thing, jesus christ.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Superb Owls posted:

Return of Kings

What a bunch of whiny losers.

Wonder how many of them are bitter virginal nice guys.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Superb Owls posted:

Returning to that 'Return of Kings' tosser (Because I'm of course a sucker for learning about bigoted shitheads and all the lovely things they do.), I found the about page and of course it just had to be completely full of bullshit.

NOTE: Bolding and Emphasis mine

Masculine being "be a complete rear end in a top hat to people on the internet who don't agree with your opinions" and Feminine being "Alternates between surrogate mum and gently caress-toy"

Isn't there like a bunch of other sites that do that? I'm sure people on this site have found plenty of sites like that.

This quote is hilarious though

I'd make a quote here, but I just can't stop laughing at their laissez faire approach to ban anyone who even thinks about speaking to women or homosexuals if they so much as point out that they're all a bunch of man-babies who constantly spout biotruths and pseudo-philosophy and pretend they're all He-men who get tonnes of pussy when in reality they're just a bunch of kids who've deluded themselves into thinking they're the real oppressed victims and everyone who isn't them is out to get them and destroy them thanks to *insert whatever here*

Also, here's their WOT Scorecard for more chuckles

The owner of that blog is a very interesting person http://thefpl.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74%3Aepisode-46-a-man-short-on-charm&catid=1%3Apodcasts&Itemid=1

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

This is usually the last thing you see before getting shanked.

EDIT:

quote:

For example, if a girl asks my thoughts on why I haven’t been in love, I simply reply, “I’m dark and disturbed. Some people aren’t made for love. Other people are made for… cutting flesh.” That line guarantees me at least a makeout.

???

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Apr 20, 2014

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Hey there, Buckley.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013

RottenK posted:

What a bunch of whiny losers.

Wonder how many of them are bitter virginal nice guys.

Wait, is being nice a bad thing?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Explain How! posted:

"Nice guy" and actually legitimate nice guys are different things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Explain How! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZmFCs-ltY

• Locked thread