Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
still don't like the switching on tired i don't think punishing people for previous play is a good idea, unless it ties into an actual case re: why they are scum. also still suss of the kash stuff.

however when rereading her switch from nonom to 50 seemed like a reasonable progression to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##nominate 50

50 was also really good in FSN so I'm cool with this vote. As far as the cuddle vote I'm not feeling so hot about that one. I'm not really sure who I feel like leaning towards.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

sure ##vote li dawny i agree that it feels like scum overreaching

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
this game is becoming very un-kawaii

let's pet puppies and fight evil by moonlight, like average human girls

Also kashuno are you a jester because I am for real down to help a jester win

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

id kill the loving baka above me as well as a warning

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
thats illegal. ramen is very anime

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey Asiina, I spotted this D1 post while I was looking back through some stuff, and thought you'd like it:

Li Dawny posted:

This surge of Kash voters makes me nervous.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hey all, looks like I'll be getting back home a little later than planned. I imagine that I'll be able to collate votes at 8am EST. Nominations are open till then.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
50 pounds of toast

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
50 I don't think this was addressed yet: Can you use your day action if you were an 'unkillable' class president an still survive?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

The Ninth Layer posted:

I think people who are abstaining from making president calls are scummy. It's a lot easier for the town to pick a townie than the other way around.

Asiina posted:

I know we're focusing on the role stuff atm and that's cool, but real talk let's not let this absolutely insane post go by unchallenged.

It's easier for town to pick out town than the other way around? Than scum to pick out scum? Than scum to pick out town? Than town to pick out scum?

The first two are 100% not true because scum know who is town and who is scum. The third is easier on later days but not on D2 after a nolynch D1. It's safer now with this claim and some night action/role information to go on, but when Chic and others voted to nominate nobody that information wasn't revealed yet and so all things being equal, what kind of insane confidence do you have that you are willing to make someone who isn't you deathproof for some unknown period of time because you're that sure that they are town?

Why is not having that confidence scummy?

This is an awful vote and terrible reasoning from someone who just a few posts earlier didn't even seem to know if the nominations were real or not.

Would vote TNL for this.

I'm generally with TNL with this one. The class president vote now is basically a vote for who you think the most town aligned person is. One can get a scene of that over two game days of playing. Day 1 is more of a shot in the dark, but we have more to work on than to just not vote. Not voting because the role is too powerful I think is too conservative of an approach. It has been mod-confirmed that it is only temporary. It's not like we are making someone immortal. Sure scum are going to try to influence the vote one way or another. However, statistically we are likely to pick town, which is not taking into account that we have multiple days of posts from these people to look through to influence our votes. A vote for no one is a vote of no confidence that you can pick out a town aligned player. If you are incapable of doing that, how can you find scum?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Which, again, how does that make someone scum?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
And it hadn't been two game days. It had been a massively joke filled D1 that ended with a no lynch, followed by two deaths of lurkers, and then about a day of arguing over what the presidency even means.

How is someone not feeling comfortable enough in anyone being town to give them a multi-day deathproof a scummy thing?

And it needs to stop being compared to lynching people, since that's something required by town to move the game forward. The mod herself has said that it's not mandatory to vote in a president. We don't have to do this, so people being like "I'm not comfortable doing this on D2 when we don't have a lot of information, let's wait until we have someone who is more confirmed town before giving them this power" is 100% a reasonable thought.

These are not theoretical mafia theory questions about when it's good enough to trust someone is town, this is a real game with actual context and neither you nor TNL has explained how the context around people voting for no one makes them scummy.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
while this has been addressed, let me give my two cents of Li Dawny's post history:

Li Dawny posted:

Okay, I’m home and have given my husband and children attention, I can post for a moment. Honestly, from what I’ve read, Bif comes off the most scummy. Their (not sure on pronouns) posts have come off almost forced in my opinion. There’s a lot of them, and a lot of info, but the content doesn’t read as town for me. It’s almost like forced helpfulness/playfullness in order to appear town. However, a few scum tells include jumping around on votes like crazy

but absolutely refusing to vote Kash. Now I, also, didn’t vote for Kash because I voted for Asiina because I don’t like dogs and she knows it. :P

But then Bif jumps around on narrowing down and nominating people.

followed by

and then

after saying

I mean it’s a lot, but it’s inconsistent, and that just feels scummy to me.

The "vote jumping" point really misses the context of what is going on in the game at the time either willfully or just lack of attention. However the more problematic thing include that last line which really backtracks the whole case. "Hey this is the scummiest person in the game. Well maybe not." It's doubling back on the stance. Also having someone you think is the most scummy in the game and not voting for them?

So here is the follow up post

Li Dawny posted:

To be honest it’s because I’m phone posting and to make my posts more readable for me I cut out all except the direct point that I’m needing. If anyone wants context they can just look at the actual quote and see what’s around it. I read the context but didn’t see it as relevant to what I was saying, so I cut it out. If you see it as relevant I’d be more than happy to read why and weigh your opinion against my own.

:effort: I guess is the reason for the context in the first post?

Also here are all of the content posts from day 1:

Li Dawny posted:

This surge of Kash voters makes me nervous.

Li Dawny posted:

I’m going to ##nominate Kashuno and ##vote Asiina If anyone wants reasons let me know, but they’re not deep.

I guess we know the reason: dogs. But this is literally it from day 1. There is nothing here. Also we have it a case that was "I don't really feel this, but you should do some homework on it." ##vote Li Dawny

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Asiina posted:

Which, again, how does that make someone scum?

I''m saying it's a too conservative of an approach. And that we should be able to find a town player by day 2, and not voting feels like not trying. Maybe there's scum in the group of players that voted for 'no one' but I suppose that also depends on gulag dolls alignment since that's who was leading at the time.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Asiina posted:

And it hadn't been two game days. It had been a massively joke filled D1 that ended with a no lynch, followed by two deaths of lurkers, and then about a day of arguing over what the presidency even means.

How is someone not feeling comfortable enough in anyone being town to give them a multi-day deathproof a scummy thing?

And it needs to stop being compared to lynching people, since that's something required by town to move the game forward. The mod herself has said that it's not mandatory to vote in a president. We don't have to do this, so people being like "I'm not comfortable doing this on D2 when we don't have a lot of information, let's wait until we have someone who is more confirmed town before giving them this power" is 100% a reasonable thought.

These are not theoretical mafia theory questions about when it's good enough to trust someone is town, this is a real game with actual context and neither you nor TNL has explained how the context around people voting for no one makes them scummy.

There's still no one other than yourself that you feel like is town? Or are you saying that there was no one other than yourself that you felt was 100% town.

I will agree that it was a more than usual bad day 1.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Token Female posted:

There's still no one other than yourself that you feel like is town? Or are you saying that there was no one other than yourself that you felt was 100% town.

That second sentence should be a question. Punctuation is not my expertise.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Token Female posted:

I'm voting for 50 now because of his claim and because it's verifiable. It's a reasonably good bet and we have a lot to gain by making him deathproof.

If he hadn't come forward I'd probably still be pushing to give it to nobody right now because no, there's no one based on posting alone who I think is town enough that I want to give them multi-day deathproof and also some other undisclosed power. Maybe there would be on D3 with more results and an actual successful lynch, but not right now.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I did the homework the homework that Li Dawny wanted and read b-minus1's post history. There's a lot of surface reads. Lots of calling people scum and town. No real follow-through for a reason for why people are scummy. Lurker call out. Active. The jokephase part doesn't seems forced from what I can tell. I would like to hear about some of the reasoning behind the scum reads.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I keep forgetting my dogs!!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

thats illegal. ramen is very anime

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Here is something that I don't care for from Bifauxnen:

Bifauxnen posted:

Does anyone actually object to just narrowing it down to Gulag and Kash at this point, seeing as they were the 2 leaders from D1?

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay while I never did and still don't want to be a leader, what I DO still love to do is to boss everyone around despite NOT being the leader! So with that in mind, everyone shut up and listen to me for a sec

:siren: I would like to make a proposal for finalising the election. :siren:

GulagDolls and Kashuno should each make an official statement to argue for why they should be president. Once they have each done so, I will make another post to declare the election open. From that point and that point on only, everyone can quote that post to make it official as they cast ONE vote. No excuses for changing your mind now, cause we already had D1 to narrow it down and now both candidates will have put their platforms out there.

To avoid any possible confusion over what command to use, or whether your earlier nominations count, we will use a NEW method to cast official votes. It will also make things more fun. Your vote must be cast Survivor-style, in the form of an image. It can just be "VOTE SO-AND-SO" scrawled in Paint for all I care, but if you still have some technical issue with providing an image vote before deadline, just say so and some special exception can be made for you.

To make things more clear and hopefully wrap things up quickly, you should also make your intentions clear if you wish to abstain and vote for no one. In this case, you should still make an image to indicate your vote. Just like Australian mandatory voting - you can always just draw a dick on the ballot, but you still have to show up.

I will occasionally post running tallies of the official votes, and indicate whoever hasn't voted yet. Once everyone has cast some kind of vote, I will post the final count to declare the consensus reached. If at that point, you assholes have made it a tie, I will personally dayvig whoever was the person who cast the last vote to make it a tie so their vote will not be counted.

This is not including the post that recapped the nominations from day 1. This is basically trying to force the nominations two being one of two people. There are 25 other players in the game, but we should stick to what we thought on day 1. This is a lot of effort pushing that.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Token Female coming in with that good analysis, but I think her theory on Lil D is bunk.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I do like this Bif callout though.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
is it a bird, its it a plane no it's n20 flying over again

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Token Female coming in with that good analysis, but I think her theory on Lil D is bunk.

why do you think it is bunk?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Round 1 Nominations are Over

The two choices that remain are:

1. 50 pounds of Bread with12 votes

2. Noone with 2 votes

Please revote before 7pm EST today for your preference of these two options. To vote type in ##nominate and then either 50 pounds or noone/nobody/no preference. Votes for other candidates will now be discounted.

I apologise for the delay on this. Some really heavy poo poo hit me this morning when I was away from my computer and I had to deal with it.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'll pitch in a vote to ##nominate 50 considering the claim. Idk if I can be around much today but I'll try to keep up via phone when I can

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That isn't even right, since I changed my vote.

Also can we not make people revote, cause this is taking long enough and maybe 9 hours to revote on a Saturday is not something everyone will be able to do.

Let's just say if we reach majority then that's it, it's done, like with a lynch. That's 14 with the current people alive. There's no need to make this more complicated than it already is.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Fine since Chic and Asiina are both good with 50 I'm taking the stance that we have an effective supermajority and 50 wins.

Congratulations president Bread.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

I think her theory on Lil D is bunk.

I would be happy to discuss your reasonings.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Here is the last vote everyone made:

50 pounds of bread posted:

##appoint 50 pounds of bread.

##nominate bread

Asiina posted:

So it doesn't switch your alignment, you get to fully cop someone and get it posted to the thread, but you would die by doing so.

Yeah, that's worth giving someone deathproof over to try to save them.

##nominate bread

Atomic Soda posted:

i just want to elect or not elect a president and get on with it.

## nominate gulagdolls

this doesn't take into account context and content of posts, if i wanted to artificially pump my post count maybe i too should post a million irrelevant gifs.

i see in preview 50 has done something, catching up

b-minus1 posted:

##nominate 50 pounds

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah ##nominate 50, if he's just spoofing about this role, we can kill him when he fails to die

Chic Trombone posted:

I'll pitch in a vote to ##nominate 50 considering the claim. Idk if I can be around much today but I'll try to keep up via phone when I can

curiousCat posted:

##nominate cat

for not contributing to the 260 posts I just had to catch up on after one day wtf

((ok fine. ##nominate fifty))

Dead Cow posted:

##nominate No One ever

I refuse to give anyone powers

flerp posted:

##nominate fifty gulags is just jealous of our cuter and better president

GeneX posted:

Oh okay you’re a voluntary death cop

That sounds stupid to even hint at but whatever, I’m okay giving with the temp-deathproof to a testable D2 cop claim

##nominate Fitty

give head or get dead posted:

##nominate 50 pounds of bread sorry gulag, this vote is actually so we can win

GulagDolls posted:

##nominate...................gulagdolls (the ellipses is part of my name. you have to pause every time you say it)

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

As an average human girl, this sounds like a sound plan.

##nominate 50 pounds of bread

jon joe posted:

##nominate GulagDolls

*nods dunkingly*

Juchero posted:

y'know what?

##nominate Kashuno

maybe if someone wins we can get back to work!

extremely disappointed.

Kashuno posted:

Ok you win #nominate gulag
##vote kashuno

Li Dawny posted:

I’m going to ##nominate Kashuno and ##vote Asiina If anyone wants reasons let me know, but they’re not deep.

Natural 20 posted:

##nominate Bifauxnen

I think Bifauxnen is a good leader and person

*blushes*

*hides behind corner*

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

The more I think about it the more I agree I don't want a council president.

Abstaining.

PMush Perfect posted:

##nominate Asiina

If Chic's off the table, she's my favorite.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Agreed

##nominate GulagDolls

Anyway we should all calm down and have a nice snack. Who wants tea?

SalTheBard posted:

##nominate 50

50 was also really good in FSN so I'm cool with this vote. As far as the cuddle vote I'm not feeling so hot about that one. I'm not really sure who I feel like leaning towards.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Did we agree we can move our nomination votes?

If so ##nominate 50 pounds

Tired Moritz posted:

##nominate 50 bread

idk if i completely believe the claim but i like 50 so ok

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

[quote="Juchero" post="481230339"]
##nominate b-minus

this is the candidate i can believe in!
[/quote

Token Female posted:

##nominate Gulagdolls Seems the best option of the front runners.

I have a job interview/flying back home today, but I'll be around for all most all of tomorrow.

So by my count it's:

50 pounds of bread (14): 50 pounds of bread, Anomalous Amalgam, Asiina, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Chic Trombone, curiousCat, flerp, GeneX, give head or get dead, Iron Chef Ramen, SalTheBard, The Ninth Layer, Tired Moritz
Gulagdolls (6): Atomic Soda, GulagDolls, jon joe, Kashuno, Pththya-lyi, Token Female
No one (2): Dead Cow. NeverggirlsOFFICIAL
Kashuno (2): Juchero, Li Dawny
Bifauxnen (1): Natural 20
Asiina (1): PMush Perfect
b-minus1 (1): Tobbs Gnawed

So there, that's a majority. Feel free to check my votes and see if I missed any, but I'm willing to call it. Congrats on our new President.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Something I noticed while making that post. This is the entirety of Tobbs post history:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Best response to walking in on your dude with another dude in him imo

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

[quote="Juchero" post="481230339"]
##nominate b-minus

this is the candidate i can believe in!
[/quote

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm sorry I'll try to be less noticeable next time.

I guess make Kashuno president he wants it.

4 posts, that's it. Which I thought was unusual because the two people who died I thought had the lowest post counts.

So I checked

Sorry it's small, I wanted it to all fit in one window, but Tobbs is so low that he doesn't appear on the post list, since it's only the top 30.

Maybe the scumteam and/or whoever killed the other person didn't even notice Tobbs was in the game because they just checked the list and picked the lowest/second lowest person. Although that they were the bottom two makes me think it might have been a double kill by scum, but could just be coincidence. Or else Tobbs is on the scum team and they want to kill low posters, but not one of their own.

I don't really know what to make of it, tbh, but I wanted to point it out.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Here is the insights from Chic Trombone currently:

Chic Trombone posted:

tbh i don't really have any good scumreads as of right now, i haven't been paying super close attention to the thread what with it being my dad's birthday i've been hanging out with him

This was day one so it gets a pass to some extent. Also who wasn't busy on the day 1 deadline with it being Valentines day/ Ash Wednesday / Chic trombones dad's birthday. But still no reads.

Chic Trombone posted:

##nominate No One

While other people have made the point that it probably wouldn't be crippling to have a scum elected, i do NOT want to run that risk

I've already made clear my position on a nomination of no vote. It looks like Chic Trombone has no town reads either. Or is too scared to make a town read.

Chic Trombone posted:

So wait, I'm scum bc i don't want to risk giving scum a possible big leg up with deathproof/lunchproof and undefined extra powers?

?????

Like yeah statistically there's more town than scum but there's still gonna be a fair portion of scum

Also semi-relatedly: 50's claim sounds real to me

I understand the desire to not give a power to scum, however, we have yet to see Chic has a stance on anything besides 50's claim.

But in summary, reading Chic's post history, I have no real idea of Chic's opinions of who is more likely to be scum or town.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Asiina posted:

Sorry it's small, I wanted it to all fit in one window, but Tobbs is so low that he doesn't appear on the post list, since it's only the top 30.

Maybe the scumteam and/or whoever killed the other person didn't even notice Tobbs was in the game because they just checked the list and picked the lowest/second lowest person. Although that they were the bottom two makes me think it might have been a double kill by scum, but could just be coincidence. Or else Tobbs is on the scum team and they want to kill low posters, but not one of their own.

I don't really know what to make of it, tbh, but I wanted to point it out.

I don't know what we can really gain by speculating at this point why scum targeted who they did. Especially if there are multiple factions. I do think he should either start posting or get replaced. It's kind of ridiculous.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

this game is becoming very un-kawaii

let's pet puppies and fight evil by moonlight, like average human girls

Also kashuno are you a jester because I am for real down to help a jester win

Iron Chef Ramen: As someone who hasn't voted in this game, but has said at one point that "one or both of Pththya-lyi and eat the rich is scum", what are your scum reads?

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Asiina posted:

I dont usually quote that often but i like this post a lot. I find it hard to commit to cases which is why i especially hate D1, and the no flip combined with two lurkers dying in the night make it hard for me to get scumhunting :(

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

I dont usually quote that often but i like this post a lot. I find it hard to commit to cases which is why i especially hate D1, and the no flip combined with two lurkers dying in the night make it hard for me to get scumhunting :(

What can I do to help you?

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

I want to see a flip of somebody that has actually been posting in this thread, rather than two people that have hardly contributed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

I want to see a flip of somebody that has actually been posting in this thread, rather than two people that have hardly contributed.

Then is there someone who has been posting a bunch that you would want to vote for. You can't bet that scum will target high volume posters, especially with this kind of proclamation.

• Locked thread