Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I know Steve Smith used to play for the Panthers,

Iron Clad Lou fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Sep 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There was some internal strife with Smith and Gettleman decided his production on the field no longer matched the headache he was in the locker room. Additionally, it was pretty obvious the Panthers needed some young talent at WR, and Smith has gone out of his way to let every rookie WR the Panthers ever had it was "his" team. They were just sick of it.

So the Panthers let him go and now he's waging a warpath and running his mouth which he always does. He'll wear down as the year goes on, however, and said on a conference call this week he'll retire a Panther.

Of course Benji is putting up Rookie of the Year numbers so maybe Gettleman isn't stupid?!?!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:lol: Who bought Fizz that?

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Atticus Finch posted:

They don't have major injuries. The worst is Eifert and he's coming back later.

I think Zeitler going down is a pretty big deal, plus Marvin's foot, AJ Green missed the entire Atlanta game, Burfict's brain is slowly leaking from his ears, plus Eifert's arm. There are no major, out for the season, injuries, but those are some pretty important players that have been seriously dinged up in the first 3 weeks.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I forgot about Zeitler, but he's coming back in 2 weeks. AJ missed a game and came back the next. The rest will be ready after the bye week (with a big maybe on Burfict). I wouldn't consider any of those injuries major or worth worrying about.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

HappyHelmet posted:

I think had Tim Couch gone to anyone besides the Browns that year he would have had, at the very least, a mediocre career. Ditto David Carr for that matter.

Couch under the wing of Reid and McNabb on the Browns is certainly an interesting what-if.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Yuzenn posted:

I know =(

And if we didn't drop a couple of passes and let megatron loving loose we could be 3-1 or even 4-0. The Giants just aren't built to be that good that early though, it would end in such a spectacular fireball.

The Giants do not start trying until the first "Has Tom Coughlin lost the team?" article hits the papers.

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Atticus Finch posted:

I forgot about Zeitler, but he's coming back in 2 weeks. AJ missed a game and came back the next. The rest will be ready after the bye week (with a big maybe on Burfict). I wouldn't consider any of those injuries major or worth worrying about.

I don't think he's saying the injuries themselves are major, it's the injured people that are missing from the games are major. Zeitler, Green, Eifert, Burfict, and Jones all missing at the same time is pretty major.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I'm real sorry about what's gonna happen, UK. Poor fools. :smith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I want to go see a game in London

he probably overthrew this

SPORTS LOBSTER

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

I'm real sorry about what's gonna happen, UK. Poor fools. :smith:

I don't know, Detroit vs. Atlanta might be an alright game. The rest will be shitshows though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Did they bring the giant Jason Taylor robot out of storage? If not, no deal.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

no but we got a terrible blow up helmet

also storm troopers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

It looks like he was just trying to give the Jaguar a surprise hug. Poor misunderstood lightning man.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Ehud posted:

SPORTS LOBSTER

yes hello i am the lobster of sports

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

No blood and guts from the Jaguar getting meat chunked 2/10

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Welcome to sports fellow crustaceans

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Calvin finally got his revenge on hobbes :911:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'd like to think that sports is copyrighted and that dude is its official mascot.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I love that the spots are falling off the jaguar

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Calvin finally got his revenge on hobbes :911:

I'm laughing so hard

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Jaguars would do well to start playing by Calvinball rules. Maybe they'd score a few more points out of sheer confusion.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Parmesan Basil posted:

yes hello i am the lobster of sports

Something something hands something something Brandon Lafell.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ehud posted:

I want to go see a game in London

Marino looks like he's going to shank that dude.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I didn't pay attention to football all offseason, why is Panthers-Raves being hyped up as a huge grudge match? I know Steve Smith used to play for the Panthers, were they just assholes about not re-signing him?

https://vine.co/v/OzQlbYgpIeY

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
oh for gently caress's sake fiz

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Whereas Tannehill probably has no idea who that is.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

Haha, I didn't even realize that was Tannehill. I thought it was just some random fan.

It looks like Tannehill just asked Marino, "So who are you?"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

oh for gently caress's sake fiz

Wasn't me.

Someone get Ribsauce!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

hahahaha all the panthers fans having the same av would be good

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

blue squares posted:

Tannehill not having any clue what division or even conference NFL teams play in on Hard Knocks was amazing. How do you grow up playing football and not catch on to that?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

hahahaha all the panthers fans having the same av would be good

Holy poo poo this is the best thing that's ever happened.

TMMadman posted:

I wanted to point that out; I cannot imagine what Tannehill said to get that face.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Be careful! It gets really confusing really quickly. I was one of many Perry'd back in the day...

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

My favourite thing about the London festivities is that players at the local amateur clubs keep turning up in their jerseys and pretending to be NFL players

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raiders British-born on and off right tackle will carry a British flag when he takes the field tomorrow

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Blitz7x posted:

Raiders British-born on and off right tackle will carry a British flag when he takes the field tomorrow

carry a scottish Yes flag for maximum troll factor

e: or the yellow "don't tread" flag :911:

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Tannehill: Look, I'm being serious, this is tough. Everyone scrutinizing everything you do all day, every mistake all over the news. You just work in the office, nobody cares if you gently caress up. You have no idea what it's like to be the starting quarterback of a professional football team.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I'm pretty sure if I hosed up in my office, people would care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

I'm surprised the NFL aren't forcing the team to play him at RT all game tbh or something. The NFL and their media associates over here love Menelik Watson because he's perceived as having the chance to be a NFL starter (he'll never be a NFL starter but 2nd-round pick from a year ago at a position no-one can evaluate means it'll be a while before people give up on him), he's very visibly and proudly British and is perceived as British first and foremost, he's on a team who probably have more name recognition than almost any other in Britain (you see a LOT of Raiders merchandise in London because of it being a fashion thing and such), and so on.

The magazine I write for had him on the front cover this issue and had like a three- or four-page feature on him inside, as a Raiders fan it's kinda hilarious to see the hype train he's got going.

• Locked thread