Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Monkey Fracas posted:

How much worse is it than Pineapple Express?

It is loving terrible and anyone who defends it really has no loving taste. Every "comedy" scene is Franco or Rogen making a wacky face or saying some lame one-liner. The writing is awful and the acting is b-list poo poo. It felt like I was watching a long MadTV sketch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Doc Block posted:

I watched it, um, sans payment.
what

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Frijolero posted:

It is loving terrible and anyone who defends it really has no loving taste. Every "comedy" scene is Franco or Rogen making a wacky face or saying some lame one-liner. The writing is awful and the acting is b-list poo poo. It felt like I was watching a long MadTV sketch.

they hate us cause they ain't us

gently caress you dave

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

At the movies with The Interview: Review by John F.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

MVP posted:

Are you just allowed to lift the beats from different songs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQxz9Xa4PXk

This bitch is a thief too

What are you talking about?

Tasha Reid and Yoon Mi-rae are the same person.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

zVxTeflon posted:

every sony executive email saying this movie was a piece of poo poo and every foreign distributor email politely saying the same thing was 100% correct

is this puzzles me how it still got made.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Rambling Robot posted:

is this puzzles me how it still got made.

it was probably cheaper to finish than fight all the unions making it.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

its a franco movie

if you expected a cinema diamond then you smoke more pot than franco

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

also i dont like koreans appropriating black culture

im telling tunblr

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
sony can't catch a break

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-hacker-gang-lizard-squad-took-down-xbox-live-and-playstation-network-2014-12

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mrwuss posted:

its a franco movie

if you expected a cinema diamond then you smoke more pot than franco

no this was suppose to be citizen kane i was LIED TO

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That little asian girl could not have lifted that machine gun up to basically her shoulder like that. Those things are heavier than they look. Well she also could have kicked zero soldiers asses but i just thought to myself movie for that one.

Canadian potheads writing action scenes though smh

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

a posting ghost posted:

That little asian girl could not have lifted that machine gun up to basically her shoulder like that. Those things are heavier than they look. Well she also could have kicked zero soldiers asses but i just thought to myself movie for that one.

same

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

a posting ghost posted:

shut up boromir

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

echronorian posted:

It was really just the fact it uses NK, a nation being starved and held hostage by the most powerful mobster family in the world, as a backdrop for some not really great fart jokes.

To her Korea is Korea, the North and South split is artificial and happened not very long ago historically. Her family is literally split between the two. We were both excited to see the movie but as we got into it, I get where she was coming from.

I mean Team America was so ridiculous in comparison, but it also had some things to say and having giant puppets act it out keeps it feeling really satirical. I didn't expect this movie to have much to say, but maybe if you're going to make a movie about a place like NK you should do it with some finesse. Cool if other people like it tho obv

I've heard this a lot from Korean-Americans, but supposedly this is becoming less and less accepted with each new generation in South Korea. I mean, even the South Korean government has put any reunification efforts mostly on the back burner, largely because a Korean reunification would be more expensive than what happened with the German unification, and not just because of the technological and logistic disparity between the two. Even the language has started to change between the two countries, with North Korea having these weird Juchespeak colloquialisms that aren't found anywhere else.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Movie was hilarious (with some duds) but definitely has issues that stop it from being a good movie. Watching it for free definitely helped but I also think it's worth 6 bucks if you're into Rogan/Franco poo poo. Basically felt like Pineapple Express except they have jobs now.

Also paraphrasing someone from CD: it's an absurdist retelling of LOTR

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Monkey Fracas posted:

How much worse is it than Pineapple Express?

I liked it better than Pineapple Express, but a lot of that was due to expectations.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
Franco is really insufferable here. All he's forced character made me cringe the entire time

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You know what's more destructive than a nuclear bomb? Words.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

watwat posted:

Franco is really insufferable here. All he's forced character made me cringe the entire time

they wrote his character like he was in on the joke of how stupid he came off, which made him less tolerable.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Sometimes I feel like a plastic bag in the wind :sigh:

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Well, it's a classic, certainly one of the greats, a real popcorn movie, and by that I mean sit back, load up on the popcorn and enjoy a classic comedy

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lol
It's a comedy. Idk what you guys were expecting

Anyone who wastes 11 bucks to see a comedy in a big theater is a dolt

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I don't understand how there are so many poor people on this website. It boggles my mind

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Is it worth 6$ rental i thought pineapple express sucked but kinda liked this is the end or whatever esp the beginning

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

Is it worth 6$ rental i thought pineapple express sucked but kinda liked this is the end or whatever esp the beginning

its worth downloading from 2 pages ago

or here

https://kernel-2.hs.llnwd.net/Eleph...4336ba72770964b

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Lol
It's a comedy. Idk what you guys were expecting

Anyone who wastes 11 bucks to see a comedy in a big theater is a dolt

Actual good comedies are the best movies to see in a theater.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

old dog child posted:

I don't understand how there are so many poor people on this website. It boggles my mind

If by poor you mean people not paying for it (as opposed to those just complaining about the price), keep in mind it was only released in the US. I would imagine most downloaders were from other countries wanting to see it.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

If by poor you mean people not paying for it (as opposed to those just complaining about the price), keep in mind it was only released in the US. I would imagine most downloaders were from other countries wanting to see it.

that download i think was restricted somehow..i had to use my VPN to start it. so if you have to use a vpn to download, you can use it to pay for it. but why would you do that?? help seth rogen to not make movies anymore, download today.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

how did you read my post and manage to skip the two directly above and below it :confused:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The Eminem bit was the peak, and the rest was downhill.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

old dog child posted:

how did you read my post and manage to skip the two directly above and below it :confused:

Because your posts are like ambrosia to me, and all others surrounding yours fade into the ether.

Or something.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

The Human Crouton posted:

Actual good comedies are the best movies to see in a theater.

Yep, a Correct Opinion. Seeing a good comedy with an audience that's excited about the movie and laughing their asses off is super fun.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

Young Freud posted:

I've heard this a lot from Korean-Americans, but supposedly this is becoming less and less accepted with each new generation in South Korea. I mean, even the South Korean government has put any reunification efforts mostly on the back burner, largely because a Korean reunification would be more expensive than what happened with the German unification, and not just because of the technological and logistic disparity between the two. Even the language has started to change between the two countries, with North Korea having these weird Juchespeak colloquialisms that aren't found anywhere else.

i think they put it on the back burner more because bush shut down all the attempts at reunification that they had been going through while supported by clinton, and obama hasn't changed that stance either.

like it wasn't all sunshine and roses, i mean its like a huge gulf and any negotiations etc between the two were going to stumble and struggle at first, but they were meeting and attempting to become more peaceful towards each other and work on economic projects together and then bush called north korea part of the axis of evil and so NK went "well gently caress all of you then" and hardened even further and welp

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

Stux posted:

i think they put it on the back burner more because bush shut down all the attempts at reunification that they had been going through while supported by clinton, and obama hasn't changed that stance either.

like it wasn't all sunshine and roses, i mean its like a huge gulf and any negotiations etc between the two were going to stumble and struggle at first, but they were meeting and attempting to become more peaceful towards each other and work on economic projects together and then bush called north korea part of the axis of evil and so NK went "well gently caress all of you then" and hardened even further and welp

oh my god just look at this poo poo

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Still, they probably have a better chance at being BFF's than the Jews and Palestinians.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

sexy young infidel posted:

oh my god just look at this poo poo

welcome

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

old dog child posted:

Also paraphrasing someone from CD: it's an absurdist retelling of LOTR

Rogan and Franco were Sam & Frodo and Elizabeth Caplan was obviously Gandalf, does that mean that the hot Korean chick was Gollum?? :confused:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
lets all be honest here: north korea owns a lot and america sucks the big one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Stux posted:

lets all be honest here: north korea owns a lot and america sucks the big one.

They certainly can put Obummer in place!

quote:

On Saturday, the North's powerful National Defense Commission, the country's top governing body led by Kim, said that Obama was behind the release of "The Interview." It described the movie as illegal, dishonest and reactionary.

"Obama always goes reckless in words and deeds like a monkey in a tropical forest," an unidentified spokesman at the commission's Policy Department said in a statement carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.

It wasn't the first time North Korea has used crude insults against Obama and other top U.S. and South Korean officials. Earlier this year, the North called U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry a wolf with a "hideous" lantern jaw and South Korean President Park Geun-hye a prostitute. In May, the North's news agency published a dispatch saying Obama has the "shape of a monkey."
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/n-korea-calls-obama-monkey-in-hacking-row/ar-BBhg2Mv?ocid=iehp

• Locked thread