Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Speaking of Mort, I'd be really interested in knowing his origin and why he hangs out in what seems to be an abandoned wing of the school. I don't recall him ever leaving the area.

Cannonballoon fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Sep 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Wow.

I just teared up from laughing. Total curve ball.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

AE-35 Unit posted:

Speaking of Mort, I'd be really interested in knowing his origin and why he hangs out in what seems to be an abandoned wing of the school. I don't recall him ever leaving the area.

That's obviously because his wing is the designated FUN TIME area. :colbert:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

pik_d posted:

Wednesday will probably be a bonus page, and Friday will be the new chapter's title page. We'll be waiting until Monday for anything that moves the story along.
Monday: Robot teaches Shadow how to play tiddlywinks!

Sgt. Ramen
Nov 14, 2011
I have the feeling that Gunnerkrigg Court has been hijacked by KC Green. Which would be fine, if the outcome resulted in more pages like this one.

Also, I have no avatar still, so I am preemptively calling dibby dibs on that last panel.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Sep 19, 2012

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

gently caress. Of all times to not have $5. I've been getting tired of Mouth & Bierce.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I couldn't get satisfied with the timing on that other one, so I made an alternate version (and got really picky about borders):

And the boring version for those of you who might be prone to seizures:

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Sep 19, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Deal with Mort? Mort with it? The KC Green influences are strong with this one; it reminds me of nothing so much as TANE.

Mort is a fun guy, and he delivers the highest concentration of fun in the smallest amount of fun time. This is good, because this fun is going to be all the fun we get until the end of the next chapter. We'll have to make it last.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

I couldn't get satisfied with the timing on that other one, so I made an alternate version (and got really picky about borders):

These are super cool

The entire page is just Teasan Avatar Baiting, isn't it.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
Hi, Mort. Yeah, I missed you too.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Well that was . . .

Actually, I have no idea what that was. Not that it was a bad thing, but, uh, that was an odd way to begin my mortning.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Going from one of the most depressing arcs in the story to this was one hell of an emotional whiplash. Luckily there was Tuesday between that and this.

I love starting my workday with unexpected laughter.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

AE-35 Unit posted:

Because Mort is Mort, obviously.

Suicide really chilled him out a lot.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I can only imagine MORT FUN TIME being shouted by a children's chorus, with generic techno music in the background.

This is the best page in the entire comic.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Well Manicured Man posted:

I can only imagine MORT FUN TIME being shouted by a children's chorus, with generic techno music in the background.

This is the best page in the entire comic.

I've sorta imagined MORT FUN TIME more like one of those scene transitions from Austin Powers.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Tom knows exactly what his readers want.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Personally I think it would look better if it held on the final "MORT" for a little longer.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Your wish is my command.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
K, Tom actually IS just kicking back and designing avs for grateful goons, isn't he?

Awesome. I must send him some money.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Youremother posted:

Your wish is my command.

Now change this to say "Deal With Mort"

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Your wish is my command, I'm a regular genie today

Also because I thought it would be funny:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Youremother posted:

This here is a true cultural treasure.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Youremother posted:

Your wish is my command, I'm a regular genie today

Both are great! Awesome! :D

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Guys quit teaching Mort how to scare epileptics.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I find it funny that as I read through this comic, there never fails to be certain points where I find myself saying, "It's been a while since we last saw <character>," and then BAM! <character> appears.

Cat Plus Plus
Apr 8, 2011

:frogc00l:
It's been a while since we last saw Boxbot.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
Dropping in from Lurkerville to say once again: Good lord I love this comic. Nothing else goes so seamlessly from crushing sadness to hilarity like Gunnerkrigg without being really jarring.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

PiotrLegnica posted:

Oh, you can summon him whenever you wish by saying "Boxbot" three times in front of a mirror. Which he will subsequently break when he appears. Terrible.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
At this point when a character shows up out of the blue after being absent for a long time, I would normally say something like, "It's good to know he is still alive," but that just seems to be not only inaccurate but in poor taste in this case.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Olivia42 posted:

At this point when a character shows up out of the blue after being absent for a long time, I would normally say something like, "It's good to know he is still alive," but that just seems to be not only inaccurate but in poor taste in this case.

It's good to know he is still dead.

...What? I just don't think a Living Mort would have the same charm.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I can't stop hearing the "Sports" song from Tim & Eric when reading this page. :psyduck:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I can't stop hearing the "Sports" song from Tim & Eric when reading this page. :psyduck:

doo doo doo doo MORTS doo doo doo doo MORTS

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

PiotrLegnica posted:

Good.

Because Boxbot is terrible.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Youremother posted:

Your wish is my command.

Thank you for the avatar!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

After that dramabomb, this is the best possible update

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Holy crap when did I get this new avatar.

(Mort time is best time)

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
What the heck just happened here?

(Please don't touch my coyote)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I was quite fond of my old avatar, but instead of complaining about that, I'll instead complain that whoever got me this one apparently didn't want to spring for one of the animated ones. Thanks for nothing rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I regret making them blink so much. There is now, I think, too much blinking.

(please do not change Donny, he is a good avatar)