Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

waffle iron posted:

Ughhhhh. I refuse to acknowledge that is a thing.

And the cycle continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Endorph posted:

Millenials are anyone younger than the person complaining about millennials.

Literally this.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

waffle iron posted:

Ughhhhh. I refuse to acknowledge that is a thing.

Lazy Millennials, refusing to acknowledge that their time is up, the New Generation's time is now.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Cardboard Box posted:

my ringtone is anime music
Mine is the Jurassic Park theme

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it doesn't matter what my ring tone is because it never rings

anyway whos excited for Big Show versus Rowan

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

oatgan posted:

I just wanna know what the gently caress a stairs match is

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Smoking Crow posted:

Probably just like a chairs match where that is the only legal weapon.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Smoking Crow posted:

match takes place inside an mc escher painting

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Smoking Crow posted:

I see three possibilities:

1) two dudes throw stairs at each other until one of them falls over

2) stairlift race across the arena

3) stairclimber machine competition, first guy to pass out loses

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Probably just like a chairs match where that is the only legal weapon.

How many spots can you do with stairs? Nothing with stairs is a definitive end like breaking a table and there's endless things you can do with ladders and chairs, but stairs? You chuck them at a dude, you chuck a dude into them, you slam a head or limb on them, you drop them on someone...?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

I must really like Erick Rowan because I'm down for watching a feud with Big Show.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
inexplicable erick rowan is my favorite WWE character in a long time and I hope they keep adding meaningless accomplishments every time he shows up on screen

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

inexplicable erick rowan is my favorite WWE character in a long time and I hope they keep adding meaningless accomplishments every time he shows up on screen

Maybe next week he can find Waldo (not Von Erich)

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Delsaber posted:

3) stairclimber machine competition, first guy to pass out loses
Legit would rather watch that than a Big Show/Rowan match. Just two huge dudes getting blown the gently caress up and their cardio exposed, crying and turning red and sweating and trying to just last one...step...longer than their opponent. With some music and truck-monkey magic you could probably make that great.

Bard Maddox posted:

I hope they keep adding meaningless accomplishments every time he shows up on screen
I too pine for the return of MattFacts

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Can it be a ladder match but with stairs instead?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Red

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

said John Cena

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Bard Maddox posted:

as a resident of the mysterious far east he is actually Inscrutable Erick Rowan

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm glad people bought Dean Ambrose's hoodie. That's rad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Writer Cath posted:

I'm glad people bought Dean Ambrose's hoodie. That's rad.

I might get one. :)

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

I think Bray's problem is that he's a poorly booked 90s Undertaker. He could come out and promo every match if he was booked like the killer Taker was.

If Bray was used as a more dominant monster of a character it would absolutely help. That promo style can be foreboding/powerful if there's any actual sense of danger for whoever he's feuding with. Of course as soon as he's trading losses and failing in key angles and feuds, like the rest of the midcard, it starts to feel pointless.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He's been dead since Wrestlemania, and the lovely thing is *that* was their big chance to make a megastar out of him. Everything from the promo package to the entrance to the reaction set it up so pretty much anything except a clean Cena win would have set that dude for life.

Then it was a clean Cena win. And another one. And a match where Bray technically won but it was after ten minutes of Cena kicking his rear end all over a cage. Then another one.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
And the wrestlemania match was booked as Cena "protecting his legacy" which was dumb

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

I'll call you, Hoot.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Guys guys guys GUYS GUYS GUYS

This is important.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/12/russell-madness-is-the-air-bud-pro-wrestling-movie-youve-always-never-wanted/

Air Bud Mania

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

john morrison really looking smart for taking off to be a big movie star

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Don't "what" Alex Trebek you rear end in a top hat :mad:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

achillesforever6 posted:

And the wrestlemania match was booked as Cena "protecting his legacy" which was dumb

It's double dumb because it's completely at odds with how he used to be

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1io1q0_john-cena-vs-jbl-judgment-day-2005-i-quit-match_sport

"You fight for this championship because of your "legacy", I fight for everyone who brought me to the dance."

Where did this go?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Onmi posted:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1io1q0_john-cena-vs-jbl-judgment-day-2005-i-quit-match_sport

"You fight for this championship because of your "legacy", I fight for everyone who brought me to the dance."

Where did this go?

His catchphrase these days is literally saying to his opponent they're going "face to face with the man who runs this place," so I think he's firmly ensconced as The Man to beat, everyone who helped him on his journey be damned.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Onmi posted:

Where did this go?

I don't think you've been paying attention. John Cena's time is now. No use dwelling in the past!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It's equal parts amusing and depressing how badly WWE books and writes for 90% of their roster at all times.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Wikipedia refuses to acknowledge that WWE themselves are calling it TLC: Tables, Ladders, Chairs ... and Stairs because they think it is just a joke and not an official name.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

KungFu Grip posted:

Wikipedia refuses to acknowledge that WWE themselves are calling it TLC: Tables, Ladders, Chairs ... and Stairs because they think it is just a joke and not an official name.

If this means Ambrose can crush a surprised Wyatt between two pairs of stairs, I'm all for it.

"Hey, they said it was Chairs and Stairs."

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Maybe a stairs match is a match where you can only pin/submit your opponent on the stairs? That could lead to some interesting spots and sequences ahahahah who am I kidding it's going to be a milquetoast "hardcore" match where the only weapon allowed is a set of loving stairs.

(...I kind of like Rowan, though. It is my shame.)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

For the longest time, one guy used to erase the article for each numbered UFC event because he doesn't like MMA so it's not important information. It made finding information about cards quickly and easily a pain.

Wikipedia aren't good at getting their ego-maniacs under wraps.

modern villian
May 4, 2009
I can't wait to see the Big Show-sized stairs

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Bee posted:

If this means Ambrose can crush a surprised Wyatt between two pairs of stairs, I'm all for it.

"Hey, they said it was Chairs and Stairs."

I am so ready for a Con-Stair-to.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Sockser posted:

Generation @

But this is the country that says "handy" when they mean mobile phone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oJv28yYtSM

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Aurain posted:

For the longest time, one guy used to erase the article for each numbered UFC event because he doesn't like MMA so it's not important information. It made finding information about cards quickly and easily a pain.

"Zach Ryder and Curt Hawkins" was a single shared article long after the team broke up and Ryder's stuff started gaining traction. I don't edit but I imagine all sections of wiki have their weirdos who are passively tolerated as long as they do grunt work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Aurain posted:

And the list of WO 5 star matches was deleted because his the newsletter itself isn't considered valid as a source due to being behind a paywall even though journals and papers with are cited throughout the rest of the site.

• Locked thread