Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
You don't get credits after reaching driver level 150??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Seymour Butts posted:

Level 999!

And you get money all the time. Forza throws money at you like it's the Obama administration.

Samswing
Jan 8, 2009

:dukedog:

Seymour Butts posted:

Why do you need more credits when your e-cock is MASSIVE!

Samswing fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 13, 2012

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Is there a cheesy way to earn a bunch of credits? Or is it just grinding for forever to get enough to get the old Ferraris.

It seems kinda dumb to have a car cost 9 million credits when winning a race gets you like, 30k or something...

You have a few options:

a) Just do whatever and don't give a poo poo, and you'll get money. I'm like level 90 and I have about nine million spacebucks despite buying and modifying whatever the gently caress I feel like, so it's really hard to be poor in this game.

b) If you have the real live money to blow, just buy car tokens and get cars that way. Sure it seems stupid to pay 3 real life bucks for a computer game 250 GTO, but I'd rather do that than grind out eight goddamned million credits.

c) Just not give a poo poo and drive whatever. Who cares about expensive poo poo, once the parts are free you can largely do whatever you want anyway, unless you like 50s race cars with lovely tires.

d) rivals mode I guess.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
You can earn about 60-80K by racing around benchmark A against AI cars for the maximum amount of laps, set it up in a private multiplayer lobby and use the peugeot R1 car, takes all of 15-19 mins, or as people have said, Rivals mode.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Ether Frenzy posted:

There's a Viper that doesn't handle like rear end? :monocle:

The standard cars are crap, and this one probably will be as well. But the SRT ACR STi Mk.III (the one with the aero) is an incredibly nice car, if not for having the dashboard out of an effing econobox. The Competition Coupe is every beautiful kind of wrong, something like a Corvette Z06 on steroids. So it's not like the line is completely incapable of producing a decent car.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

ANAmal.net posted:

a) Just do whatever and don't give a poo poo, and you'll get money. I'm like level 90 and I have about nine million spacebucks despite buying and modifying whatever the gently caress I feel like, so it's really hard to be poor in this game.

This is true, except for what was just mentioned, after 150 you don't get a bonus for leveling. Once those 250000 forza-chedder bonuses dry up you earn credits pretty slow in single player, so rivals or multilayer lobbies against AI is the way to go.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
Or, you could get on the irc, hook up with a couple goons, have a few beers, talk about boys and make some money racing with retards.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
So are we doing the 1 Hour of Le Mans tonight? (I think AUGR is on a break, or at least no event has been announced for tonight)

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

GutBomb posted:

So are we doing the 1 Hour of Le Mans tonight? (I think AUGR is on a break, or at least no event has been announced for tonight)

If we are, holla @ me

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GutBomb posted:

I'm down depending on the time. I won't be able to make anything earlier than 7pm EST

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Has anyone figured out how to set a timed multiplayer lobby where it still shows laptimes?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Fanatec guys - there is new firmware out today for almost all of their wheels.
* CSR
* CSR Elite
* 911 GT3 RS V2
* 911 Turbo S
* 911 GT2

http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/8543

Changelist:
* ACL added to all Wheels
* 500 Hz update rate
* Allows use of SDK to show telemetry data on Tuning display
* Improved force feedback algorithms
* Improved FF sensitivity around center position
* Improved center spring
* DPR and SPR calculation changed
* Improved navigation in Tuning menu (keep pressing the up or down button)
* Default Sensitivity = OFF (900°)
* Changed button mapping to ensure compatibility to older games
* New initialisation sequence to auto detect minimum ff level required for each individual wheel
* fixed issue with hanging ff signals
* Changed button combo for center calibration. Please follow manual of updater (included)

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Bentai posted:

Has anyone figured out how to set a timed multiplayer lobby where it still shows laptimes?

+1, I'm going to run a similar event with friends and it's ridiculous that the game doesn't show laptimes.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd like to join in on the 60 minutes of Le Mans race. I believe the original organizer wasn't available on Wednesday.

I dont want to host because I am located in Grande Prairie Alberta which is a ways away from everyone.

Proposed Rules:

R1 and R3 classes, Random grid order, and 1 second delayed start.
car must originally be from it's current class. So no class class upgraded to R3
Car must be within the spirit of a le mans racer IE no Nascar or Veyron. Aussie V8 Supercars are allowed.
1 hour timed race
Full Collision, No Damage

The 1 second start delay will keep things civil on the first 2 turns, and after 1 hour the better racer will be ahead regardless. 1 second makes no difference at the start.

First person to call dibs on the 787B gets to use it, to keep things fun and for variety. Everyone else try to use a unique paintjob if possible.

If the original le mans organiser is able to race today, by all means repost your rules and we can use those instead.

Thoughts ?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'm still available to host today, but very few people seem interested. Oh well.

00Fresh
Sep 4, 2004

I'm game as long as it doesn't start too late.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

ANAmal.net posted:

You have a few options:

b) If you have the real live money to blow, just buy car tokens and get cars that way. Sure it seems stupid to pay 3 real life bucks for a computer game 250 GTO, but I'd rather do that than grind out eight goddamned million credits.

c) Just not give a poo poo and drive whatever. Who cares about expensive poo poo, once the parts are free you can largely do whatever you want anyway, unless you like 50s race cars with lovely tires.

d) rivals mode I guess.

Yeah I guess I'll just play a bunch. I just like the older cars that happen to all be like a quadrillion credits.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cannot Find Server posted:

I'm still available to host today, but very few people seem interested. Oh well.

What's your gamertag?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GutBomb posted:

What's your gamertag?
He's Cubivore.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Wanted to share a paint job that I was 'inspired' to make:

came up with the idea while making this:

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Those look great. Are they on your storefront? If so, what is your gamertag?

Also, would you be interested in making two decals for me by any chance. (I just figured I would ask because noone else has gotten back to me about them.)

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

jadebullet posted:

Those look great. Are they on your storefront? If so, what is your gamertag?

Also, would you be interested in making two decals for me by any chance. (I just figured I would ask because noone else has gotten back to me about them.)

Right now these are personal liveries. I generally don't put anything with the GTCC decal on my storefront. Otherwise I'd be glad to tweak them and have them available for fellow goons. My gt is Swedespeed740, or you can find my storefront by searching for 'gtcc'

Otherwise, let me know what you want and I can see what I can do.

edit:

Just put this up on my storefront for 1k:

However, as I generally do paint jobs for my own self-satisfaction and not space bucks, let me know what your gt is, favorite number, and two favorite colors are, and I'll send something your way. Now, my only stipulation is this: if you want the Armia Krajowa car you're going to get it as I've posted it here, save changing the number. There is a very specific reason why it is painted the colors it is, and if you don't know why you may want to go ahead and read up on them a bit. Though doing so may reveal why using a German car is probably a bit tasteless.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 14, 2012

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

YF19pilot posted:

I generally don't put anything with the GTCC decal on my storefront.

If thats my GTCC logo I made a while back, I've not no problem with it being resold or whatever if thats what you're worried about? Unless of course you're just concerned over pubbies ending up with it on their cars, giving GTCC a bad name...

You know what would make alot of sense? Car Club stickers. So you can share unlocked free to use vinyls with club members.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
So I won the Le Mans race

:3:

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Yeah I guess I'll just play a bunch. I just like the older cars that happen to all be like a quadrillion credits.

Might want to keep an eye on the auction house, there are a couple of level prize cars that can usually be bought for super cheap and then resold for 5 times what you paid for them. Plus the more expensive cars always pop up dirt cheap for a few days when rumors of Turn 10 looking for credit cheaters start up.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Well, gently caress me running if the Ferrari 312 isn't the best car in the game.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CaseFace McGee posted:

Well, gently caress me running if the Ferrari 312 isn't the best car in the game.

I really think it might be, at least anywhere other than old Le Mans.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

CaseFace McGee posted:

It is without a doubt the best engine noise in the game.

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011
I have been away for a while, but it was fun racing with everyone last night. I will not be around for next Wednesday, but maybe the following week I will rejoin. Of course I dont like staring at Bora's so ill have to update my car packs as well. And I argue that the 787 sound is better. But I don't particularly car for most Ferraris so...

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

CaseFace McGee posted:

I like the way the chromed tailpipes are exposed and reflect the sun and road. It photographs really well.

But my favorite sound might be the Shelby Daytona

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

WienerDog posted:

But my favorite sound might be the Shelby Daytona

I'm still all about the 250 GTO, the RX7 GSL-SE and the 787B. They all sound wonderful.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

YF19pilot posted:

Right now these are personal liveries. I generally don't put anything with the GTCC decal on my storefront. Otherwise I'd be glad to tweak them and have them available for fellow goons. My gt is Swedespeed740, or you can find my storefront by searching for 'gtcc'

Otherwise, let me know what you want and I can see what I can do.

edit:

Just put this up on my storefront for 1k:

However, as I generally do paint jobs for my own self-satisfaction and not space bucks, let me know what your gt is, favorite number, and two favorite colors are, and I'll send something your way. Now, my only stipulation is this: if you want the Armia Krajowa car you're going to get it as I've posted it here, save changing the number. There is a very specific reason why it is painted the colors it is, and if you don't know why you may want to go ahead and read up on them a bit. Though doing so may reveal why using a German car is probably a bit tasteless.

GT: Atticus Eisherr
#: 113
Colors: Yellow and dark red

As for what I want decal wise, I am looking for:
The Independent Motorsports Group logo (stepdad is race chair)
http://imgracing.com/

And the Entropy Racing.net logo (stepdad's race rental company)
http://www.entropyracing.net/ (The logo on the nose of the Spec Racer Renault in the header. As well as just the words if you want to get really fancy. )

If you would be able to do this for me, I would be forever in your debt. I have tried to make both of these multiple times, and making curves and I just don't seem to get along very well.

Also, nice touch on making a Polish Resistance car. Very cool looking design for it.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

jadebullet posted:

As for what I want decal wise, I am looking for:
The Independent Motorsports Group logo (stepdad is race chair)
http://imgracing.com/

And the Entropy Racing.net logo (stepdad's race rental company)
http://www.entropyracing.net/ (The logo on the nose of the Spec Racer Renault in the header. As well as just the words if you want to get really fancy. )

These both look pretty doable. I might take a stab at it next time I'm not at work or drunk (so like Sunday, probably).

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

CaseFace McGee posted:

Definitely my favorite car to use in the game!! Granted I havent played with the 787B or the Ferrari.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

This is pretty much :911: in a nutshell.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

Seymour Butts posted:

Definitely my favorite car to use in the game!! Granted I havent played with the 787B or the Ferrari.

That is the Ferrari! :argh:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

T1g4h posted:

This is pretty much :911: in a nutshell.

Nah, you need a Rubicon parked on one side and a C6R/CTS-V on the other.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

jadebullet posted:

GT: Atticus Eisherr
#: 113
Colors: Yellow and dark red

OH, you're the one that occasionally crashes the GTCC parties. Well, I just sent a friend request. I've got the IMG logo done. If you can do me a favor and upload a really good picture of the Entropy Racing logo, I'd appreciate it. Also, hi res photos of the IMG cars (at least higher than what is on their website).

edit: I'll also be honest, I'm not brilliant at text, so don't be suprised if someone else beats me to it.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Can I join AUGR?

• Locked thread