Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

What possible advantage could there be at level 255? The ability to pull a "my uncle works at Nintendo" and tell people you're a beta tester who was given an early trial run of the new 255-level system?

VV Yeah, that's what I assumed. I guess the person was just lazy and set a script up to give them the maximum numerical value for everything.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

King Vidiot posted:

What possible advantage could there be at level 255? The ability to pull a "my uncle works at Nintendo" and tell people you're a beta tester who was given an early trial run of the new 255-level system?

Isn't 255/256 often a maximum for numerical values in games for some reason?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Isn't 255/256 often a maximum for numerical values in games for some reason?

quote:

255 is a special number in some tasks having to do with computing. This is the maximum value representable by an eight-digit binary number, and therefore the maximum representable by an unsigned 8-bit byte (the most common size of byte, also called an octet), the smallest common variable size used in high level programming languages
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/255_%28number%29

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

VV Yeah, that's what I assumed. I guess the person was just lazy and set a script up to give them the maximum numerical value for everything.

I talked to him a little bit and he seemed to honestly think it made him look like a badass. Right before I jumped off he told me "just call me 'that guy'".

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Daryl Surat posted:

I proposed that if they ace Gunslinger to be a stack, then they should at least give us a higher ammo capacity for the pistols in return since while the headless Bulldozers may vanish after this Halloween event, an equivalent "headshot immune" version will remain in its place.

Would you mind providing a source for that so I can be officially depressed about Payday 2's direction in enemy design? I know Goldfarb mentioned liking Headless Bulldozers. I honestly don't know why bullet sponging is making its way into this game now.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
https://twitter.com/locust9/status/397732820480954368

Yeah, I don't really get it either.

I could see it working, if and only if, it didn't have a saiga but instead something more disruptive but less "instantly wipe the entire team" like a grenade launcher with flash/smoke/tear gas and/or had a different HP/armor gimmick that had actual gameplay attached as opposed to "focus fire and hope it works!" like the Headless ones.

Either that or they'll save it as a gently caress you for 145 mode.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

John Murdoch posted:

https://twitter.com/locust9/status/397732820480954368

Yeah, I don't really get it either.

I could see it working, if and only if, it didn't have a saiga but instead something more disruptive but less "instantly wipe the entire team" like a grenade launcher with flash/smoke/tear gas and/or had a different HP/armor gimmick that had actual gameplay attached as opposed to "focus fire and hope it works!" like the Headless ones.

Either that or they'll save it as a gently caress you for 145 mode.
An Amcar for a weapon, if anything, with a lower HP pool. Otherwise they run the risk of making Overkill a level 100/sooper dooper gamer club.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
I can't stand headless bulldozers and I'm going to be really sad if they become a regular enemy.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is there a way to bring your money to nothing without losing all progress? My cash is suddenly lopsided.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Scalding Coffee posted:

Is there a way to bring your money to nothing without losing all progress? My cash is suddenly lopsided.

Respecs and Offshore Payday.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Maybe the tier 7 Enforcer skill can be dozer armor and aced can be removing movement speed penalties for armor. Or at least the ability to sprint while carrying any bag.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Tier 7 MM is shooting a loud gun, which causes everyone to run faster.
Tier 7 Technician lets you be a point-blank taser.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

I don't understand how people can get used to the constant thunking your heavy armor constantly makes. I also move slower than the fat kid who swings hanzo. Hurry up, fatty. You can't run to safety if you get surrounded, so I have to leave safety to yell at you to get up.

I solved that by never going down that much. Or by just soloing entire assault waves and such. I'll leave running bags and such to people who enjoy it to wear the light armor. Wearing heavy armor means I don't have to play the luck game as to whether I can survive some things. I have a pretty good feel for the abuse I can throw my armor through. With Dodge tanking its always up in the air. As long as I match my movments to where cover is close by, or pay attention to bad guy positioning, ICTV feels a ton more reliable then trying to Dodge tank and finding myself downed due to bad luck.

Plus getting 300~ rats day one kills is fun as hell to me.

Though maybe I'll play around with some more of that light armor stuff. It just feels more random to me as to whether or not I live through some encounters.

Moochewmoo fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Nov 7, 2013

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Might as well go Mastermind/Ghost and get Kilmer, because reloading while sprinting is awesome.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
That's what I did, and it's basically turned any heist that goes loud into Quake. Shortened Mosconi and a Mark 10 make hit and runs hilariously effective, especially since I can reload without stopping for the Mosconi. I had to sacrifice tier 5 of the Ghost tree to get it but since I'm packing a suit all the time anyway it's not that huge a deal.

I just wish I could get the sprint in any direction skill and tier 5 tech so I could more efficiently circlestrafe bulldozers. :v:

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 7, 2013

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Need 52 points minimum for Moving Target Ace. Another 42 points minimum for Kilmer ace. So you're looking at 94 points which is level 80 at least. Personally I wouldn't go for both unless I am 100% sure I'm not going to use silencer or whatnot, since spending over 42 points on 2 skills sacrifice a bit of utilities.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Yeah, other than having 8 total medkit hits on me the only thing I'm good at is killing cops. On the other hand that's what I find most fun in the game so I can get over having a lovely drill and no C4.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

Yeah, other than having 8 total medkit hits on me the only thing I'm good at is killing cops. On the other hand that's what I find most fun in the game so I can get over having a lovely drill and no C4.

If you climb up to the top of mastermind and ace inspire, you will be a healer and welcomed by all righteous people.

I do wonder about dropping my shotguns and giving Mastertech a whirl.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
MM is fun and all, but I wish there was another way to ace inspire if you didn't want to be the pet class. Not that Joker isn't amazing, I just like to shoot mans. Also, I'd loving love OK if they redid the tech tree to give techs more assault rifle skills and ammo stores for them or something. Also, buff ammo counts for ARs already ffs. 90 rounds for an AR is absurd.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
ECM is kinda poo poo tbh. Doesn't help in most cases and situational at best. Lockpick is nice to have though.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005

Caufman posted:

If you climb up to the top of mastermind and ace inspire, you will be a healer and welcomed by all righteous people.

I do wonder about dropping my shotguns and giving Mastertech a whirl.

The only problem with Aced inspire is that it doesn't work if an enemy has so much as a finger in the way and you pretty much have to be close enough to manually revive them anyway. At least that was my experience. I was majorly disappointed.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Scags posted:

The only problem with Aced inspire is that it doesn't work if an enemy has so much as a finger in the way and you pretty much have to be close enough to manually revive them anyway. At least that was my experience. I was majorly disappointed.

You can be about 15-20 in-game feet away and it works if you have a wall between you, since Inspire is the only activated ability (besides the "call teammate to you" command) that can go through walls. It's great for if you gently caress up Framing Frame, because you can revive teammates who go down on another floor when they go after the power box. It's also an instant revive with no timer, so if you pull it off (and I've had no problems pulling it off) it's the best revival method for an assault wave.

It's also best if you have Combat Medic with the additional health on revival. You can instantly revive teammates at near-to-full health, through walls or on separate floors.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Scags posted:

Last night my friend got downed with a dozer on him and a tan guy next to him, cue me trying to either spot the dozer for more damage or shout him up and what ended up happening was the tan guy put his hands up.

Sucks that it's one button to do everything :( But it's really fun to get people up while they're at the roof or behind walls.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

You can be about 15-20 in-game feet away and it works if you have a wall between you, since Inspire is the only activated ability (besides the "call teammate to you" command) that can go through walls. It's great for if you gently caress up Framing Frame, because you can revive teammates who go down on another floor when they go after the power box. It's also an instant revive with no timer, so if you pull it off (and I've had no problems pulling it off) it's the best revival method for an assault wave.

It's also best if you have Combat Medic with the additional health on revival. You can instantly revive teammates at near-to-full health, through walls or on separate floors.

I might have to retry it but I had nothing but frustration last time I used it. It was REALLY hard to find the sweet spot. Especially if enemies were in the way.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah it can be a little touchy if there are enemies there but you can usually work around it. Besides wouldn't it be smarter to kill cops standing there than bringing someone back up right next to enemies?

I mean sometimes you don't have any other choice.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Thronde posted:

MM is fun and all, but I wish there was another way to ace inspire if you didn't want to be the pet class. Not that Joker isn't amazing, I just like to shoot mans. Also, I'd loving love OK if they redid the tech tree to give techs more assault rifle skills and ammo stores for them or something. Also, buff ammo counts for ARs already ffs. 90 rounds for an AR is absurd.

http://goo.gl/0NyE0L

It's what I use. Allows me to stealth and get people out of custody but not have to bother with the lovely joker AI.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Aesis posted:

ECM is kinda poo poo tbh. Doesn't help in most cases and situational at best. Lockpick is nice to have though.

While this is true for the basic ECM, it's absolutely wrong with the addition of Feedback. Nothing saves a bank vault full of newbies like a feedback. Also, if placed properly, you can shut down an entire area for an escape. Personal suggestion: don't place it in the corners, run to the sign out front(near the benches) and plant it there. Shuts down long range, and anything closer will get mowed down. Tough plant, but absolutely worth it when you make the magic happen.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I found 10 weird Steam achievements just now, and they don't seem to be related to Halloween.

• Just When I Thought I Was Out...
  • Right When I Thought I Was Out...
  • 1 day After I Thought I Was Out...
  • 2 Days After I Thought I Was Out...
  • 3 Days After I Thought I Was Out...
  • 4 Days After I Thought I Was Out...
  • 5 Days After I Thought I Was Out...
  • 6 Days After I Thought I Was Out...
  • 7 Days After I Thought I Was Out...
  • 8 Days After I Thought I Was Out...

They all have the same description: "They pull me back in."

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

MrAristocrates posted:

I found 10 weird Steam achievements just now, and they don't seem to be related to Halloween.

They all have the same description: "They pull me back in."

That sounds like achievements for doing escapes after a certain number of days.

I wonder if "Right when I thought I was out" is an achivement for doing an escape right after an escape :laugh:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Mistle posted:

While this is true for the basic ECM, it's absolutely wrong with the addition of Feedback. Nothing saves a bank vault full of newbies like a feedback. Also, if placed properly, you can shut down an entire area for an escape. Personal suggestion: don't place it in the corners, run to the sign out front(near the benches) and plant it there. Shuts down long range, and anything closer will get mowed down. Tough plant, but absolutely worth it when you make the magic happen.

Thing is, you can't use Feedback if you use ECM on a door. That removes 1 out of 2 ECMs for Feedback. Also considering that Ammo bag gives 1,200 % ammo and Med Kit gives 8 health replenish / custody resets, ECM has problem of being 'too situational'.

I used to run 92 points (36 points on ECM skills) on Ghost but there were hardly any missions where taking ECM over ammo bag was better, apart from Framing Frame day 3.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Fellis posted:

That sounds like achievements for doing escapes after a certain number of days.

I wonder if "Right when I thought I was out" is an achivement for doing an escape right after an escape :laugh:

So if the number of days means escapes, than we can potentially have to escape from a single heist day 9 TIMES? :pwn:

I'm going to hope this is some kind of days of Christmas or other holiday event related thing.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It having to do with escapes is entirely speculation.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Mistle posted:

Or you could spend fewer points and just blow them up with trip mines. :v:

They also need bonus perks for multi-tree synergy so if you have enough Mastermind and Technician points, shouting at a downed guy makes him explode.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
How do any of these guys even get drivers? They get shot on like every third heist. Those hafta be god awful working conditions. Getting 9 drivers in a row after they keep getting aced seems difficult.

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009
All those Twitches are just cloned human beings

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
It seems like saiga dozers are now a deep blue colour instead of green. I've not noticed anything else change in the patch though.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Sockerbagarn posted:

It seems like saiga dozers are now a deep blue colour instead of green. I've not noticed anything else change in the patch though.

Neat, it'll be nice to have a way to recognize them other than the relentless pounding of my team's collective assholes.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Bocc Kob posted:

Or you could spend fewer points and just blow them up with trip mines. :v:

Have you used feedback? It's not even comparable to a trip mine.

KittySpinEcho
Jun 8, 2013

Be bear aware!

Aesis posted:

Thing is, you can't use Feedback if you use ECM on a door. That removes 1 out of 2 ECMs for Feedback. Also considering that Ammo bag gives 1,200 % ammo and Med Kit gives 8 health replenish / custody resets, ECM has problem of being 'too situational'.

I used to run 92 points (36 points on ECM skills) on Ghost but there were hardly any missions where taking ECM over ammo bag was better, apart from Framing Frame day 3.

Personally, I have a massive hard on for ECMs. I have been running masterghost build for quite a while now and feedback is so helpful. Yes it can be situational I suppose, but there are many situations where it has saved our asses or just made things a lot easier. I figure if I'm in a group with another mastermind that is bringing medpacks and someone with upgraded ammo bags, why wouldn't I bring my feedback ECMs? I could bring my 1 useless little ammo bag or lots of extra medkits that most likely won't get used, or I could bring a couple of super fun toys that make baddies stop in their tracks and rip off their helmets.

My favorite thing to do is bring upgraded ECMs on all days of firestarter. Day one you are usually in and out of there so quick that 2 ammo bags will suffice and medkits usually go unused. If you drop an ECM in the middle of the street kinda by the curve in the road, you will feedback dudes climbing over the fence, which looks pretty funny when they get to the top and they make a nice easy target (just shoot the balaclava instead of the lil white helmet).

Day 2 it is nice to pop that server door open and usually on the way out I will put one down in front of the hedges and activate it, making for an easy little saunter across the road for my slow enforcer friends, go go go! Day 3, well its pretty obvious what to do with them.

Also, dodge is amazing. Drives me nuts when people tell me to "put on armour, this is going to go loud". I make a terrible bullet sponge and if I can't run or dodge properly, I'm gonna die. That's just how it goes. Also, how am I going to quickly run across the map and inspire revive your slow rear end on watchdogs day 2. Last, but most certanly not least, I don't like how Wolf's butt looks in that snowsuit. :heysexy:

KittySpinEcho fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

KittySpinEcho posted:

Last, but most certanly not least, I don't like how Wolf's butt looks in that snowsuit. :heysexy:

Stupid sexy Wolf...

But yeah, after the Safehouse Nightmare debacle I'm going to start using lightweight or nothing-at-all armor. Heavy armor has its uses, mainly when you're playing a map with choke points that funnel cops straight to you and you don't really have room to maneuver quickly. But for wide open maps with areas of cover that are spread out, the suit or lightweight ballistic looks like the way to go.

• Locked thread