Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Ularg posted:

All I can say is "Play smarter" I have done all of the story missions for three characters, two of them are at level 8 and I'm working on my hunter now. When in doubt cower in a corner.

Which one did you enjoy playing most? I think the Hunter looks cool as hell but I don't normally enjoy the "assassin" class in these type of games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Doflamingo posted:

Which one did you enjoy playing most? I think the Hunter looks cool as hell but I don't normally enjoy the "assassin" class in these type of games.

I like the Hunter but I want to try his Blademaster tree which you cant unlock until level 15 because I am very underwhelmed by his Golden Gun ability.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

Man, now that T-shirt's gonna look really dumb.

How is that different from before?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

limaCAT posted:

It was in the game before.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

limaCAT posted:

:thejoke:

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
Anyone on PS3? Looking to play with someone else in my group

PSN: VincentTorre

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

FishBulb posted:

Why did they change that. It was rad.

Maybe Peter Dinklage bitched about it when he found out it was a meme.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Crucible feels a lot more fun on the Venus map than on the Rusted Lands, I'm not sure if they have tweaked anything else. I always loved Halo mp and this is basically that.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Here's the remote play control scheme for vita in case anyone was lost like me

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 19, 2014

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Christoff posted:

Quoting this so I can read it.

Ron Mexico
Dec 31, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

I like the Hunter but I want to try his Blademaster tree which you cant unlock until level 15 because I am very underwhelmed by his Golden Gun ability.

Man, yeah. The Warlock and Titan abilities are so much cooler than that one. It doesn't even seem to "fit". Like I'd expect something more like a hadouken given the other two.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Obviously YMMV but Golden Gun really shines in the Crucible and it's a great thematic fit for the Gunslinger. I just wish there was a perk to play Enrico Morricone music every time you got a kill with it.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Christoff posted:

HINT:
pre:
[timg][/timg]
is your friend

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

poo poo I'm on the awful app sorry fixing it now

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Here's a 6 man goon team stomping some pubbies on the Moon last night. I get a 15 kill streak with a hand cannon and a fusion rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGG3chvWlhU

Also, tryin to get a 6 man team to play with for the 2 hours of the challenge today, who's with me!? PSN is antipax.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Christoff posted:

For the love of god, use timg.
e: fixd already, better.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Has anyone went hardcore yet? I stepped into a cave against some level 19 baddies. Struggling.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I am trying to stay in the dark as much as possible here but can someone please explain to me how the loot system works?

Are there hundreds of guns? Are there any other types of loot like boots, rings, gloves, etc?

Does it show up on the avatar?

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

whoknew posted:

Here's a 6 man goon team stomping some pubbies on the Moon last night. I get a 15 kill streak with a hand cannon and a fusion rifle.

Also, tryin to get a 6 man team to play with for the 2 hours of the challenge today, who's with me!? PSN is antipax.

I'm down. PSN is Rassium. When does it start? Not like I've got anything else to do today :getin:

CappyBottoms posted:

I am trying to stay in the dark as much as possible here but can someone please explain to me how the loot system works?

Are there hundreds of guns? Are there any other types of loot like boots, rings, gloves, etc?

Does it show up on the avatar?

I don't know how many guns there are, but they're divided into several families. You have primary weapons and secondary weapons, as well as heavy weapons. For armor, you have Head, Body, Hands, Feet, and a fifth slot that changes based on your class. Everything is reflected on your character. You can dye armor, too, but I haven't really played with this yet.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Customization is pretty light compared to "real" RPGs. Each class has one cosmetic item slot (a different type of item for each class). High-level armor has stat bonuses and the color can be changed.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Snipers either need to be made heavy weapons in the crucible or have their ammo extremely limited

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Can you actually join any of the factions like Future War Cult? If so, how? I feel like I'm out of things to do and if I'm going to grind I might as well grind multiple things.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Silver Striker posted:

I'm down. PSN is Rassium. When does it start? Not like I've got anything else to do today :getin:

Sure, just add me, my PSN is antipax. Anyone who wants to play on the Goonstomp team has to have a level 8 char with good gear though since the new playlist will have level advantages on.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

whoknew posted:

Sure, just add me, my PSN is antipax. Anyone who wants to play on the Goonstomp team has to have a level 8 char with good gear though since the new playlist will have level advantages on.

Sounds good. The best way to get gear is just grind Devil's Lair, right? I can bust out some runs of that on my warlock to get geared up.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Silver Striker posted:

Sounds good. The best way to get gear is just grind Devil's Lair, right? I can bust out some runs of that on my warlock to get geared up.

Yup, I'm on now so feel free to join up w me.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

haveblue posted:

Customization is pretty light compared to "real" RPGs. Each class has one cosmetic item slot (a different type of item for each class). High-level armor has stat bonuses and the color can be changed.

Yeah, the cosmetics are pretty lack luster early on. The Hunter gets some cool low level cloaks, but even at high level I don't find the Warlock cosmetics very awe inspiring compared to the Titan or Hunter items. And they locked armor dyes behind level 20, despite all of your green or better items having the ability to be died, even at level 8.

I got a pretty rad ship and avatar now, though. And once the game comes out I'll probably be gunning for the silliest looking Ghost reskin/remodel they have.

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."
Did a quick search of the last couple pages and didn't see anything mentioned: I'm in-game waiting on the "Installing: Transferring Content" screen and it's going at a speed of 3% per hour. What the hell is going on are their servers dead?

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

whoknew posted:

I'm down for it. PSN is IRSmurf

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Doflamingo posted:

I enjoyed the Warlock the most. His melee recharges grenade use and I believe he has the best grenades around. Titan looks really awesome though so it's hard for me to decide between the two. But I feel that Hunter is the weakest right now unless you really got to have your golden gun. I just find Nova Bomb far more useful.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Will more customization options for your character be available? Even as DLC it would be nice.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Will more customization options for your character be available? Even as DLC it would be nice.

I don't work for Bungie or read hype but I feel like I'm qualified to say yes.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Give me dlc assless chaps.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Excelsiortothemax posted:

It is published by Activision, who publishes gritty military shooters where you can buy Space Cat gun camos and pay to have Snoop Dogg tell you B was just captured. All signs point to yes.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

whoknew posted:

I'm on and ready for that. And going to record.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

whoknew posted:

I'll add you all later. Been looking for a squad that has headsets and doesn't run around like total idiots. Psn is laherbert and I've got a level 8 warlock with all but helmet and boots green and going to be on for the event.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

whoknew posted:

Yup, I'm on now so feel free to join up w me.

It won't let me join you :( PSN!!!! :argh:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

whoknew posted:

If I level up by then, I'll try and join you just before the event

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If you're there at the strike of the hour, you need to re-join the tower once the doors open at 2pm Pacific.

Less than 40 minutes to go.

e: So it was full. PSN being a bit of a special one.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 19, 2014

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Ok, my fireteam has 6 for the event already (6+ really) join the IRC channel #destinygoons @ irc.synirc.net to form more groups!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

If you're there at the strike of the hour, you need to re-join the tower once the doors open at 2pm Pacific.

Less than 40 minutes to go.

e: So it was full. PSN being a bit of a special one.

I'll join up if you need, PSN is SuperFiveFive.

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 19, 2014

• Locked thread