Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If you don't know jack about the sengoku though you a shameful anime fan....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Girlish Number is good. I recommend it!

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I don't know jack about the sengoku except that Nobunaga was a demon lord and various leaders had super powers.

e: Nobunaga no Shinobi kind of shattered everything I know and now I'm confused though.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Ungh, the March Lion adaptation was ridiculously good. I was just sitting there smothered in tears of joy from start to finish.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

nobunaga was the good guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He united Japan and was a badass

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

darkgray posted:

Ungh, the March Lion adaptation was ridiculously good. I was just sitting there smothered in tears of joy from start to finish.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
not feeling Lostorage as much as I was the original show. too much 'you will win if you believe in the heart of the cards and friendship', like yo this girl has literally never even tried to play this game, i kind of actually wish it'd done a bit of a bait and switch and have her lose because of that. that'd be a really good way to illustrate the sort of messed-up premise, have the seeming innocent hero who just wants to find her childhood friend fail and show the consequences, and then switch to the kind of character who'd actually succeed, by learning the gently caress of how the game is played and being willing to totally destroy losers in her way

but i'll give it a few episodes to warm up. basically it's not the greatest first episode because, yeah, it does communicate that this Shounen Card Battle Game is sorta eerie and sketchy, but it simply doesn't do it as well as the first show did immediately

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

If you don't know jack about the sengoku though you a shameful anime fan....

*commits ritual suicide*

I've absorbed the highlights (Nobunaga, etc), but they're really just names to me. Guess Drifters is going to be a history lesson!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
basically the warring states period was when a bunch of rear end in a top hat warlords fought, schemed, allied with and betrayed each other. nobunaga was the eccentric, progressive one so he is frequently portrayed as the villain even though they were all more or less villains.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Play Shogun total war 2 to get the full story

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Alternately, Samurai Warriors

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They were feudal lords acting in a feudal society, pretty mean to call them villains just for that.

Also Nobunaga portrayals as actual villain are mostly the realm of the more fantastical adaptions of the sengoku period. His portrayals in a historical setting tend towards the positive or neutral, displaying both his good and negative aspects.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm still heavily curious about Nobunaga Concerto. Shame about the anime for it not looking good though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Occultic Nine was pretty bad.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

They were feudal lords acting in a feudal society, pretty mean to call them villains just for that.

Mean, but not inaccurate. They got a lot of people killed so that they could be in charge of stuff.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

I watched Keijo as I wanted to know more about "Namtab's risky pick" and I dunno. I like that they got some non-standard physiques represented here, mainly the girl that looks like Avatar Korra and I have Bento vibes.

I picked it based on baps and butts and from the thread reaction I'm probably going to be eating a sixer

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it isn't like warlords being murderous dicks for no real reason than their own greed is unique to japan, though.

every country whitewashes their own history.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Namtab posted:

I picked it based on baps and butts and from the thread reaction I'm probably going to be eating a sixer

people like keijo though. the only real complaint people are having with it is that it skips really far ahead

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Dzhay posted:

Mean, but not inaccurate. They got a lot of people killed so that they could be in charge of stuff.

So did pretty much every feudal lord ever. There's a reason feudalism is generally terrible.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Motto posted:

Occultic Nine was pretty bad.

How bad? I really liked Steins;Gate and was kind of looking forward to this, since it's by the same author.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

not feeling Lostorage as much as I was the original show. too much 'you will win if you believe in the heart of the cards and friendship', like yo this girl has literally never even tried to play this game, i kind of actually wish it'd done a bit of a bait and switch and have her lose because of that. that'd be a really good way to illustrate the sort of messed-up premise, have the seeming innocent hero who just wants to find her childhood friend fail and show the consequences, and then switch to the kind of character who'd actually succeed, by learning the gently caress of how the game is played and being willing to totally destroy losers in her way

but i'll give it a few episodes to warm up. basically it's not the greatest first episode because, yeah, it does communicate that this Shounen Card Battle Game is sorta eerie and sketchy, but it simply doesn't do it as well as the first show did immediately
the thing you just said sounds bad. i like when good things happen to characters.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Let's not forget that while Steins;Gate is p good, Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes are, erm, not.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Srice posted:

Let's not forget that while Steins;Gate is p good, Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes are, erm, not.

I liked Robotics;Notes and the Chaos;Head VN was okay, but yeah definitely not on the same level as Steins;Gate.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

blastron posted:

How bad? I really liked Steins;Gate and was kind of looking forward to this, since it's by the same author.

Granted my attention was partially split by watching it a group stream, but it was mostly a flurry of character introductions that didn't do much to endear me.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Allarion posted:

Girlish Number is good. I recommend it!

Okay, I went full dumbass and made (and timed) subs for episode one.

How do I distribute that? Squaaaark!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

z0glin Warchief posted:

Okay, I went full dumbass and made (and timed) subs for episode one.

How do I distribute that? Squaaaark!

Hello. You have to use mkvtoolnix to mux in your subs with your video and make a torrent to do all that. Did you make sure to cut out the sponsor screens in your raw video?

If you want, I could do all that for you if you send me your sub file.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, i loooove Steins;Gate, but have subsequently learned that just because i see that ; in the title, it's not going to be more of the same good stuff.

These gifs i found could be used to bolster an argument either way, i suppose.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

Hello. You have to use mkvtoolnix to mux in your subs with your video and make a torrent to do all that. Did you make sure to cut out the sponsor screens in your raw video?

If you want, I could do all that for you if you send me your sub file.

Woah, people cut out the sponsor screens nowadays? :aaa:

This is the sub file, for anyone who wants it. I'll probably try my hand at doing this muxing(?) business then, but there's a good chance I will fail miserably.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You are godlike z0glin.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

In Training posted:

You are godlike z0glin.

you will probably regret this post after i fail to get this working/get it working but the subs are actually terrible (they kind of are, not gonna lie)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

but theres subs out already...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

This is the sub file, for anyone who wants it. I'll probably try my hand at doing this muxing(?) business then, but there's a good chance I will fail miserably.

What raws is this meant for?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

the thing you just said sounds bad. i like when good things happen to characters.

i just took a walk so ill elaborate a little: nu wixoss's direction definitely isn't half as good as old wixoss's, which is a fair criticism, but i don't think 'a character who does whatever it takes to win' or 'the main character losing to a creepy guy' would make that less of a problem. if anything, they would exacerbate them.

wixoss s1/2 was about characters forging meaningful relationships and growing as people even in the midst of a terrible situation and learning that no matter who you are or what you've done you deserve to be loved and respected. iunno where nu wixoss is going with its stuff but id prefer to give it longer to set a proper course for itself before I cry for it to be edgier, because wixoss s1/s2 was actually the least edgy thing ever, and super sappy and totally believed that love was the answer to all of life's problems, and that was what made it good.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

z0glin Warchief posted:

Cool. I can show some screenshot examples as soon as I get the raw.

And by the way, you don't need to set a different style just to change the font size. You can use \fscx and \fscy to scale one line of subs.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's Ohys-raws, it's labelled in the header.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hay everyone! Watch March comes in like a lion !!!

The show spins between these cold, meditative sequences, and literally the cutest stuff imaginable, in a way that makes sense and is so so engaging. Thank you anime gods.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

The Ohys-Raws one (not sure if there are multiple from them?).

Strange Quark posted:

Cool. I can show some screenshot examples as soon as I get the raw.

And by the way, you don't need to set a different style just to change the font size. You can use \fscx and \fscy to scale one line of subs.

Oh, thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

It's Ohys-raws, it's labelled in the header.

z0glin Warchief posted:

The Ohys-Raws one (not sure if there are multiple from them?).

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Davincie posted:

but theres subs out already...

i acknowledged i was being a dumbass, yes.

it was/is a fun experiment though, i've never done any subbing before.

• Locked thread