Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean who doesn't want to be the person who correctly predicted a movie was good, its the ultimate accomplishment.
Not climbing all over each other to declare every new movie to be the worst would be pretty cool.

quote:

Sometimes you got to be smug man, don't let reality get in the way of that.
Welp, you do you, playa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Sometimes movies look bad, but turn out they aren't. Nothings lost along the way so who cares?

Get over it man.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Lurdiak posted:

I wanna go back through this thread and other threads where people were doomsaying this movie as the one that'd herald The End Of Marvel and take all those posts and just print them out and use them as wallpaper.
I, uh... Yeah.... I mean, I don't think I posted about it, and the first trailer made it clear how monumentally wrong I was, but I totally thought 'this might be Marvel's first big flop in awhile' when I first heard about it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Error 404 posted:

Not climbing all over each other to declare every new movie to be the worst would be pretty cool.

This would be a lot more valid an argument if DOFP hadn't looked really quite bad, unless you're saying nobody should say anything negative about a film ever.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

CharlestheHammer posted:

Sometimes movies look bad, but turn out they aren't. Nothings lost along the way so who cares?

Get over it man.

Quick, care about this way more than the people you're criticizing.

Oh, wait, you're already doing that, cool guy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

theflyingorc posted:

Quick, care about this way more than the people you're criticizing.

Oh, wait, you're already doing that, cool guy.

Never said I didn't care.

I obviously do as I find it annoyingly smug.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The Superman/Batman film probably won't be especially bad, either, but it still could be.

Yes, that seems non-committal enough.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Metal Loaf posted:

The Superman/Batman film probably won't be especially bad, either, but it still could be.

Yes, that seems non-committal enough.

That can be interpreted as negative, sorry you are first against the wall.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

This is terrible posting all around. Subject change: why is a Gotham Babies tv show no one wants being foisted upon a reluctant populace?

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

This is terrible posting all around. Subject change: why is a Gotham Babies tv show no one wants being foisted upon a reluctant populace?

They want to milk the Batman (!!!) on TV! If Gotham works, its 6-7 years of money coming in. People tuned into Smallville and they tuned into Arrow. They think people will tune in for a Batman-related copshow.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I, for one, still want this:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

WickedHate posted:

Gotham High would be the best.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

WickedHate posted:

Why isn't Bruce the one who is all gothy about his dead parents and hating on everyone and things and an outcast dressed in black and whatnot? If that's Barbara next to him, she should be the one solving all the mysteries since she's more of an healthy individual.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gatts posted:

Why isn't Bruce the one who is all gothy about his dead parents and hating on everyone and things and an outcast dressed in black and whatnot?

Presumably, in this case Bruce is more like he is in The Batman, ie not a totally broken individual only ever putting on a facade when not in Batman mode.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

WickedHate posted:

You are a terrible human being.
Remember when there was a proposal for Grayson tv show where it was about Dick Grayson being Robin but also going to school and having teen problems like girls and acing his math test?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
high school comedies are a trope that should just go away and never return

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Madkal posted:

Remember when there was a proposal for Grayson tv show where it was about Dick Grayson being Robin but also going to school and having teen problems like girls and acing his math test?

Smallville with bats?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Hey man, supposedly Bruce was young once upon a time, and young rich people tend to go to the kind of high school where high school comedies or shows take place.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Grendels Dad posted:

Hey man, supposedly Bruce was young once upon a time, and young rich people tend to go to the kind of high school where high school comedies or shows take place.

Well seeing that he's rich and whatnot it would make sense for him to go to a private school filled with sociopaths.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

qntm posted:

Smallville with bats?

It probably would have been a lot like batman beyond.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Didn't Batman Beyond directly evolve from the concept of Batman in high school?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SlimGoodbody posted:

They could have learned from Caprica. Nobody wants intrigue and untold origins and family/teen drama. They want fuckin robots and military spaceships and poo poo. This show is advertising the fact that it's going to give you blue balls right up front. What is the taboo against live-action TV Batman?

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
Here's your first vision of... the Vision.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That sure looks like The Vision.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Commissar Of Doom posted:

Here's your first vision of... the Vision.

What's going to be the explanation for the robot cape in a universe that seems like it would be mostly strongly anti-cape? And don't mention Thor.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

He looks a lot more Asian than he does in the books.

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009

Chickenwalker posted:

What's going to be the explanation for the robot cape in a universe that seems like it would be mostly strongly anti-cape? And don't mention Thor.

He's had a vision of the future... of fashion.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Little Mac posted:

He looks a lot more Asian than he does in the books.

The black shoes with the white accent wing tips is a great touch.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Don't be silly. The dude in front isn't on the Avengers (he's not white).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Don't be silly. The dude in front isn't on the Avengers (he's not white).

Yeah but he's male so he seems to have replaced Widow.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but he's male so he seems to have replaced Widow.

Widow is just out of frame. Hawkeye is sitting on her shoulders.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sarchasm posted:

Widow is just out of frame. Hawkeye is sitting on her shoulders.

"Tasha, I need a better vantage point, gimme a fastball special"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

"Tasha, I need a better vantage point, gimme a fastball special"

Clint, HR told you about asking the ladies to do things like that.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Madkal posted:

It's a concept if done right could be pretty interesting to explore why Dick isn't Bruce.

Dick gets both trained and honed into growing into a crime-fighting machine like Bruce to channel his anger, but at the same time he gets the sort of care and support and a social life to not become a obsessed with or defining himself by it.

Instead of a character who occasional cries to the heavens, "WHY can't I have happiness?!" as if his situation is a curse that cannot be lifted, Dick focuses more on the "Why CAN'T I have happiness!?" because he thinks he shouldn't have to sacrifice joy for justice.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

WickedHate posted:

Planet Limbaugh and World War Limbaugh are comics I really want to read.

http://www.amazon.com/Rush-Revere-B...rds=rush+revere

greatn posted:

Slatterly will get you nowhere.

:golfclap:

MooselanderII posted:

These same people predicted that DOFP would be a god awful train wreck and have now decided that Iron Man 3 was the worst Marvel film.

Iron Man 3 sucked pretty bad. I'll get into my reasons for hating it when I have more time. It's not the worst Marvel film but it'd definitely the worst of the trilogy.

Slugworth posted:

I, uh... Yeah.... I mean, I don't think I posted about it, and the first trailer made it clear how monumentally wrong I was, but I totally thought 'this might be Marvel's first big flop in awhile' when I first heard about it.

I thought it'd tank pretty hard myself. It looked so god damned goofy. It still does. I'll see it eventually since I've heard so many great things about it but count me as one of the people who said "no loving way will this work."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The entire second phase of movies are better than the first set except Iron Man 1. Captain America is the best of the bunch then Guardians and Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. RANKINGS OF PERSONAL FAVORITES AS TRUTH!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't know how anyone could possibly think IM2 is better than IM3. Rockwell notwithstanding

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

greatn posted:

How did superman come to team up with a guy named Sinestro?

Fear not humans, I, Betrayzon, am here to save the day and am definitely to be trusted.

This is exactly how it played out in the comic

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
To be fair gently caress Guy Gardner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Arkillo is all "screw your racist rear end".

• Locked thread