Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
the line for the despicable me every ride is so loving long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Justin Godscock posted:

Florida and Japan still have them, the Hollywood one got closed to make way for a Despicable Me ride.

The giant liquid metal scorpion was the T-1000000 (pronounced "Tee One Million" and I am not joking) and the ride was actually pretty cool.

It was a spider, but I really don't recall what the gently caress happened in that ride aside from a blader being thrown towards the audience.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
In T4 they should have had a scene where John explains to Kyle Reese that he has to go back in time and gently caress John's mom or humanity will die. I'd pay money to watch that drawn way the gently caress out.

RushJet
Aug 29, 2013

Barfk! Barfk!
:goatdrugs:

BottledBodhisvata posted:

The last twenty minutes or so of T3 is simply amazing.

The end is the only reason I defend T3 when people call it terrible.

T4 was just okay. The Arnold cameo was unneeded.

:iiam:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yeah, I hope it's "A Given" at this point that the last 20 minutes of T3 redeems the entire movie, even though it's subpar - a remake of T2, which of course is a remake of the Original.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The ending of T3 is the dumbest thing ever.

"There was no system core, Skynet was software spread over millions of personal computers."

Then how did Skynet survive the destruction of the internet and all those computers?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

The ending of T3 is the dumbest thing ever.

"There was no system core, Skynet was software spread over millions of personal computers."

Then how did Skynet survive the destruction of the internet and all those computers?

the net is in the sky

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

ethanol posted:

the net is in the sky

the true meaning of that beatles song

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ethanol posted:

the net is in the sky

Skynet is in "The Cloud".

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously, it would have been less offensively retarded if after the credits you heard a gasp and John Connor woke up covered in sweat. ~it was all a dream~

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

RushJet posted:

This guy not only knows what is up but also has sweet One Piece signature gifs so really we should all listen to him and also me

men and women die in real life all the time but lets care about movies.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

The last twenty minutes or so of T3 is simply amazing. It's literally everything you would want it to be, the end of the world, Arnold deciding to be a human or a machine, and the best part is John Connor's total freakout when he reaches the Presidential Superbunker and realizes that nobody is there, he's alone, and he's listening to mankind die around him. It's genuinely loving great.

Unfortunately, the hour and a half leading up to that ending is loving retarded.

All this is truth, y'all.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Between these and the "talk to the hand" scene I like to think that Terminator 3 was originally an outright farce with the ironic punchline being that Sarah Connor was wrong about changing the future and John Connor became a great leader by chilling in a bunker while the world burned, but the executives wouldn't have it so we got the movie we got which pleased nobody

also Sarah Connor Chronicles ruled and it getting cancelled in favor of more Dollhouse dogshit is another crime against cinema that Whedon has to answer for

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

redshirt posted:

Yes. Literally.

T2 is what James Cameron originally wanted to do with T1 but couldn't because of CGI limitations.

It's also better than T1. But both own.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I have a Terminator 2 DVD that includes the HD version playable on a PC, long before Bluray existed and before HDTVs became commonplace. It also had some cut scenes added back in which were neat.

One scene has the terminator trying to learn to smile. Its a dumb scene on its own but the payoff several scenes later when he picks up the minigun and smiles is good.

Sarah dreams about Kyle during one of her blowemup dreams.

After the T1000 gets shattered and reforms, theres a few shots showing that his morphing is all messed up and he's involuntarily imitating anything he touches. As he walks his feet keep taking the appearance of the floor plates. Its great when John sees Sarah and the T1000 disguised as her. In the theatrical version he just kinda... knows which one she is? In this one you can see him glance down and notice the hosed up feet.

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
The worst thing about T3 is that the Terminatrix chick is a lesbian in real life. What a loving waste.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kirk Johnson posted:

What a loving waste.

not for whatever lady shes dating :mrgw:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Arnold's commentary on the DVD during this scene is epic

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

redshirt posted:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Harime Nui posted:

Arnold's commentary on the DVD during this scene is epic

What was it?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

VendaGoat posted:

What was it?

It goes something like "you know, in the future, we will have zis technology.... you know, it would be amazing if we has zis technology.... where ze woman can control her bruuhst size and ze man, you know, some guys like big tits some guys like small tits.... now ve can do vahtever"

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
Arnold likes big tits.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lvsj95HN4Q

Arnold's commentaries are amazing

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I want to hate Terminator 3 so much.

I really do.

It's just loving begging to be hated. It screws up the franchise, it has really dumb ideas, it's Terminator is a downgrade from the T1000 straight up.

But Goddamn it, it's just too goofy and takes itself without a serious bone in it's body (which again, should make me hate it given how serious T1/T2 were!). I can't be mad at it.

ED: Probably the thing that annoys me the most is how the series mantra of "No fate but what you make" turned into "Woops, totally fate." Only part I really get annoyed with. The rest is just too stupid and too fun.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

redshirt posted:

The mushroom Cloud. (TM)

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Blazing Ownager posted:

ED: Probably the thing that annoys me the most is how the series mantra of "No fate but what you make" turned into "Woops, totally fate."
it's not really a series mantra though, because it only existed in T2

if you go back and watch T1 the "no fate" speech Kyle supposedly gave to Sarah never actually happens and, in fact, the events of the movie are heavily implied to be a single stable causation loop.

:spergin:

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

The one with him and John Milius for Conan and Paul Verhoeven for Total Recall (who are both nuts in their own right) are just.........just great :allears:

All Arnold does is explain what is going on in the movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSqnFxVaIx4 It's like watching it with a 2 year old.

Lonos Oboe fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jul 31, 2014

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Arnold is pretty great all around, really

shame the good directors stopped doing movies with him though

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

RushJet posted:

isnt the arnold "cameo" 100% CGI?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i like T2, it's a pretty deece sci fi flick but like every movie with a loving kid, and especially a kid protag, it's dragged down because of it

plus it played so much on TV growing up that i can't watch it anymore

also Ahnuld seems like he'd be cool to hang with for an afternoon

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jul 31, 2014

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i remember that bit as being the first time i thought "ok youre a huge strong robot, instead of throwing that guy around maybe just crush his windpipe or break his skull or smth because you just know he'll lure you into some trap" during any of the franchise's movies even though they do a lot of that in all the other films

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

syscall girl posted:

I thought Cameron used Bishop (Lance Henriksen) to shop T-1 to the studio. Had him dress up in the leather jacket and shades and possibly even wielding a prop gun.

Cameron initially had Henriksen, and the studio was like no way is that dude intimidating. The studio wanted OJ, but Cameron didn't think he was a killer (lol). He already had Arnold in the movie but as Kyle Reese. When the studio wouldn't back Henriksen, Cameron moved Arnold to the Terminator.

Also, Arnold's best friend Franco Columbu played a terminator in the future war scenes in T1. He was a T-800 model. So they all didn't look like Arnold, they had different looks. So that makes T3 and Salvation more bullshit.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
arghnawled in the biker getup with the shotty has gotta be a peak of actions movies as a genre. I remember seeing that as a kid and just thinking it was the coolest fuckin thing ever.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FogHelmut posted:

Also, Arnold's best friend Franco Columbu played a terminator in the future war scenes in T1. He was a T-800 model. So they all didn't look like Arnold, they had different looks. So that makes T3 and Salvation more bullshit.

Why even bother to make the terminators look human if they all looked alike? Are future humans unable to recognize faces?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

Why even bother to make the terminators look human if they all looked alike? Are future humans unable to recognize faces?

i thought future terminators were just machine looking and sending them back looking like people was how they kept people from the 80's from freaking the gently caress out

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

I just got my wisdom teeth removed and instead of T3s my dentist prescribed me Percocets for the pain (which has been minimal)... 35 of them. Is he trying to get me hooked, OP?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
t1 owns, t2 owns, t3 is poo poo but with a few decent scenes in it, t4 has nothing going for it

tscc is generally fantastic but the plotting varies between 'glacial' and 'way too loving fast'. the series had such good acting, ideas, music, characters and everything it's a shame that the plotting of the episodes and the overall arcs of the seasons themselves were so bad. also, one of the most interesting episodes of the whole series was literally a 'it was all a dream' episode. season one episodes could all be split into two each and they'd be better. season 2 needed to be condensed. it is good though.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
also, the new movie they're making is going to be horrible poo poo by the sounds of it.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
theres a terminator called Cromartie in TSCC and i thought that was maybe what the last GBS title referred to.

turns out it was an animu, quelle surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

newreply.php posted:

theres a terminator called Cromartie in TSCC and i thought that was maybe what the last GBS title referred to.

turns out it was an animu, quelle surprise

i thought for a second you said there was a terminator in an episode of Cromartie and for a moment i thought anime might be worth watching

• Locked thread