Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Captain Rufus posted:

Because Boston sports fans never shut the gently caress up about it. It's like some creepy religion that y'all can never stop talking about for 5 goddamned seconds. This also probably explains why you drive so loving slow yet still ignore any and all road signs. Too busy talking about sports.

First it was whining about the Bambino and Buckner and how bad the Patriots were until the last 10 years or so. Now it's being arrogant loving cunts about them.

At least anime fans and bronies and DnD players will keep their yobs shut most of the loving time.

And you Massholes let Riverside Amusement Park get taken over by Six Flags of which there can be no forgiveness whatsoever. Yes I know part of this was because here in ct we like trees more than people but we learned our antisocial behavior from being so close to you fucks! :doom:

News Flash, loyal sports fans are often delusional and also hilariously disloyal.

My favorite story is when Brady get badly injured one season and the second string QB did just as good. Of course at each game the Patriots fan would keep on chanting Brady's name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garbage horse
Jul 31, 2015

lovin it
also godsmack is of boston ( yikes)

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I don't think much More Than a Feeling went into this post.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Captain Rufus posted:

Because Boston sports fans never shut the gently caress up about it. It's like some creepy religion that y'all can never stop talking about for 5 goddamned seconds. This also probably explains why you drive so loving slow yet still ignore any and all road signs. Too busy talking about sports.

First it was whining about the Bambino and Buckner and how bad the Patriots were until the last 10 years or so. Now it's being arrogant loving cunts about them.

At least anime fans and bronies and DnD players will keep their yobs shut most of the loving time.

And you Massholes let Riverside Amusement Park get taken over by Six Flags of which there can be no forgiveness whatsoever. Yes I know part of this was because here in ct we like trees more than people but we learned our antisocial behavior from being so close to you fucks! :doom:

This might be a valid criticism if I hadn't seen tons of non-Boston-fans whine impotently about Boston sports in the last year, oh wait no never mind "sports fans like their team a lot" isn't a valid criticism anyway

Gaunab posted:

bahston is responsible for boondock saints. i'd like to see someone defend that

Oh like there aren't any bad movies set in every other city in America too. We also had The Departed, just off the top of my head

etalian posted:

News Flash, loyal sports fans are often delusional and also hilariously disloyal.

My favorite story is when Brady get badly injured one season and the second string QB did just as good. Of course at each game the Patriots fan would keep on chanting Brady's name.

yes I too think it's pathetic and mockworthy that our genius head coach managed to go 10-6 with a second-stringer quarterback that didn't amount to anything anywhere else, and I too think it's "disloyal" that fans would cheer for their favorite player even when he is injured :confused:

seriously though I can't properly respond to this because it makes so little sense I dunno what you're even trying to say

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

loquacius posted:

Oh like there aren't any bad movies set in every other city in America too. We also had The Departed, just off the top of my head

yeah the departed sucked too

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
yup, i live in boston atm and it is horrible, just horrible

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gaunab posted:

yeah the departed sucked too

you can tell the really bad movies because they always win the Academy Award for Best Picture

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Giving a massive poo poo about your professional sports teams is for mongoloids and when I think of Sports-Caring Mongoloids the first thing that pops into my head is Boston.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

loquacius posted:

you can tell the really bad movies because they always win the Academy Award for Best Picture

just because something wins an award doesn't mean it's good. Crash also won that same award

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't think arguing about a film is the point here. The real actual city of Boston is full of horrible people with bad accents and baseball hats who stab each other with broken beer bottles, but you can make a good movie about horrible people.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Maoist Pussy posted:

Giving a massive poo poo about your professional sports teams is for mongoloids and when I think of Sports-Caring Mongoloids the first thing that pops into my head is Boston.

you sound like a huge nerd OP

noogies incoming

Gaunab posted:

just because something wins an award doesn't mean it's good. Crash also won that same award

Well I'm sold. Who are you gonna trust, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences or SA forums user Gaunab

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
remember when Putin stole the superbowl ring off Bob Kraft's finger and Kraft let him bc he's a bitch lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well you know the academy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

whoflungpoop posted:

remember when Putin stole the superbowl ring off Bob Kraft's finger and Kraft let him bc he's a bitch lol

White House called him and recommended to explain it away by saying he gave it to Putin as a gift.

Of course makes sense from a karma point of view that something won through cheating deserved to be stolen away by a crafty russian.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ok so we have established that everyone is in fact just butthurt about football, thanks, gonna just go on enjoying my life in the Athens of America now :)

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

loquacius posted:

ok so we have established that everyone is in fact just butthurt about football, thanks, gonna just go on enjoying my life in the rear end in a top hat of America now :)

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

o lol i thought you were being clever when you mentioned the departed. that movie is loving terrible.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

dude circ I know you're trying v hard and everything but Boston isn't even the rear end in a top hat of eastern Massachusetts let alone all of America

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

other places in mass don't even appear on the national map; somewhere else in mass can be an rear end in a top hat compared to boston but boston is still the rear end in a top hat of america

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

loquacius posted:

dude circ I know you're trying v hard and everything but Boston isn't even the rear end in a top hat of eastern Massachusetts let alone all of America

ASSachusetts lmao

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

it is p. revealing about mass that they proudly call themselves massholes while initiating dangerous psychotic manuevers on the freeway and honking/screaming/flipping you off for existing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

nomadologique posted:

other places in mass don't even appear on the national map; somewhere else in mass can be an rear end in a top hat compared to boston but boston is still the rear end in a top hat of america

yeah I'm not buying this logic, as rear end in a top hat likeness and size are unrelated

For example, if I were to say that your face is your rear end in a top hat, I would be technically incorrect because your rear end in a top hat is slightly more like an rear end in a top hat than your face is, even though your rear end in a top hat is smaller than your face

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

my job is driving around cambridge and i can earnestly say, as someone who has driven in new jersey, LA, and athens greece (a loving free for all) that mass drivers are by far both the most insanely dangerous psychos and the biggest goddamn assholes that have ever operated motor vehicles

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:agreed:

Drivers are by far the worst thing about Massachusetts, and the fact that the OP didn't mention that is almost as strong of evidence that he has no idea what he's talking about as the fact that he neglected to mention the lovely weather

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

loquacius posted:

even though your rear end in a top hat is smaller than your face

please don't throw around wild accusations

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

circ dick soleil posted:

ASSachusetts lmao

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

loquacius posted:

gonna just go on enjoying my life in the Athens of America now :)

were u comparing it to modern athens with the high levels of corruption, unemployment, and hopeless bankruptcy, or the ancient athens with all 3 of those + rampant pederasty?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's one of the worst accents in the county:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbK4cL3QSc0

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

For clarity, please label brady, belichick, romney, and urself in this :nws: athenian diagram :nws:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i heard these couple of dudes talking outside my window one morning, i was having a really hard time believing they were for real, their accent was incredible

nothing really beats the kensington (part of north philadelphia) accent tho, this is not the philly accent you are familiar with (south philly) and you will never have heard it unless you have lived in philadelphia but it is really something special

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

whoflungpoop posted:

For clarity, please label brady, belichick, romney, and urself in this :nws: athenian diagram :nws:

missed an opportunity to reference the up and down gesture :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athenian_pederasty#Practice

Captain Pancakes
Jul 30, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Boston is fun if you're white and middle class and average

No wonder why most of my friends went to college there after high school.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

whoflungpoop posted:

I'm not clicking on that but the names you picked and the order you picked them in confirms that you are in fact very butthurt about losing at football, thanks :)

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

loquacius posted:

The only other person I have ever seen unironically pull the "uh excuse me but Cambridge is not in Boston :smug:" card was an unbelievably smug rich townie trying to tell people in the Boston thread in LAN that they weren't allowed to say they were from Boston if their driver's license said Cambridge, Brookline, or Somerville on it. That guy eventually got run out of SA for being an rear end in a top hat, so congrats you're in good company on that one

Conquistador/Fetus Tree was exceptionally good at trolling lesser assholes, a skill which could probably not be honed finer anywhere than Boston

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

ArtIsResistance posted:

I was watching the Bruins play on a Boston stream and I thought one of the commentators was retarded but nope that's just the Boston accent

I think you mean "retahded"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

whoflungpoop posted:

Conquistador/Fetus Tree was exceptionally good at trolling lesser assholes, a skill which could probably not be honed finer anywhere than Boston

:rip:

conq if you're reading this go to rehab

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

loquacius posted:

I'm not clicking on that but the names you picked and the order you picked them in confirms that you are in fact very butthurt about losing at football, thanks :)

One of them has to be Brady he's holding a flattened ball :laugh:

I dont have anything against Tom Brady tho bc he's very handsome. As handsome as Romo? Certainly not, but still v pretty indeed

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

whoflungpoop posted:

One of them has to be Brady he's holding a flattened ball :laugh:

The patriot team in ancient times?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The NE has some amazing accents:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_dx7CkA0ck

west coast is pretty bland accent wise by comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Boston is the best. Embrace being a sarcastic rear end in a top hat. It's why all the best comedians are from here!

• Locked thread