Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

ArbitraryTA posted:

We aren't really combat focused. Flamers in Dark Heresy don't require any ballistic skill its just a cone of happy burning death.

I suggest we go buy a flamer. It is pretty much the go to weapon for non-combat characters. Either that or an autogun because if you put enough bullets towards a target at least one will hit.

It's Dark Heresy, full auto is king. Coincidentally why I suggested the full auto hellgun that be hooked up to fire without ever needing replacement ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Tran posted:

We're doing the whole infiltrator thing, so get a suit of Xeno Mesh w/ hood (4/all) [475] that can be hidden under Ohone's robes.

When it comes to a weapon it depends on whether Lowel will allows us to "trade up" our weapon's quality later through trade (armorer) tests or just spending the difference. If yes, try for a Dlaku Pattern hellgun [500] w/ compact mod [50]. Small enough to implant in the arm and tie to her internal power system, and scary enough to make even a mediocre shooter like her a terror. Once upgraded to good quality you'd hardly ever need anything else. If trade-in isn't allowed, grab a (relatively) cheap Minerva Aegis [150] until we get more thrones. Whatever we go with, we want high RoF.

In addition, there are a few sundries that we should pick up. Las Charge Packs x4 [60] & Pistol Charge Packs x2 [20] so we can actually shoot things, a Stummer [20] to silence our surroundings when we want to be sneaky, and an Explosive Collar [55] for reasons.

Total cost of 1180 if trade in is allowed, 780 if not.

I'm on board with this plan. Full auto is the king of Dark Heresy and hellguns are sweet. Plus the xeno mesh works better than carapace for us because we're being sneaky.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
B2 but reserve judgement on the magos.

Tell the inquisitor about the statue in the next message we leave.

Buy Minerva Aegis, ammo, and a suit of flak armour (same protection as xeno mesh, but cheaper, and wholesome imperial product rather than xenos). Save some of the money for when we get enough xp to pick up flame weapon training (flamers are cheap, ones that don't explode in your face every time you fire are not) or mechadendrite use talents. We could probably use a utility and medicae mechadendrite.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

A x x x
B x x x x x x x x x x x x
C
D x x
(but lie)

1 x x x x x x x x x x
2 x x x x x x

B1 wins this one, so I will modify the character sheet accordingly. While Im working on the next post, Ill set up a formal gear post now that we have some ideas.

Plan Azhais posted:

Auxpex (145)
Combi-tool (200)

We only actually have las weapon training, so...
Lasgun to replace that lascarbine (75)
+ Laser sight because all guns are cooler with laser sights (50)

And this might seem like a radical suggestion: Ammo, since we have none (15/clip for the lasgun/carbine, 10/clip for the pistol)

Plan Tran posted:

We're doing the whole infiltrator thing, so get a suit of Xeno Mesh w/ hood (4/all) [475] that can be hidden under Ohone's robes.

When it comes to a weapon it depends on whether Lowel will allows us to "trade up" our weapon's quality later through trade (armorer) tests or just spending the difference. If yes, try for a Dlaku Pattern hellgun [500] w/ compact mod [50]. Small enough to implant in the arm and tie to her internal power system, and scary enough to make even a mediocre shooter like her a terror. Once upgraded to good quality you'd hardly ever need anything else. If trade-in isn't allowed, grab a (relatively) cheap Minerva Aegis [150] until we get more thrones. Whatever we go with, we want high RoF.

In addition, there are a few sundries that we should pick up. Las Charge Packs x4 [60] & Pistol Charge Packs x2 [20] so we can actually shoot things, a Stummer [20] to silence our surroundings when we want to be sneaky, and an Explosive Collar [55] for reasons.

Total cost of 1180 if trade in is allowed, 780 if not.

Plan Waci posted:

Buy Minerva Aegis, ammo, and a suit of flak armour (same protection as xeno mesh, but cheaper, and wholesome imperial product rather than xenos). Save some of the money for when we get enough xp to pick up flame weapon training (flamers are cheap, ones that don't explode in your face every time you fire are not) or mechadendrite use talents. We could probably use a utility and medicae mechadendrite.

For purposes of concealing purchases from Limosa, he almost never bothers coming down to the Deeps, and you have just been in the vicinity of the concealing artifact (presuming it works like Amacita thinks it does). So we can somewhat positively say Limosa won't notice anything you buy in the next post.

Loel fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 16, 2014

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

If you want more dakka AND the cleansing purity of fire, there's this thing: http://www.40krpgtools.com/armoury/weapon/first-founding/helfire-flamer/ :q:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

McSpanky posted:

If you want more dakka AND the cleansing purity of fire, there's this thing: http://www.40krpgtools.com/armoury/weapon/first-founding/helfire-flamer/ :q:

It looks like its a Space Marine hand cannon :cheeky: Might need to ask Lord-Sire to see if he has one in storage.

Bout halfway done with today's post. Holy exposition batman!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Yeeeeah, explosions! Also I'm nthing Tran's Plan. We'll be dangerous enough to murder the poo poo out of anything we're likely to face except maybe Centurion armor.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I think the metal staff is supposed to be the giant wrench most engineseers lug around?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Rockopolis posted:

I think the metal staff is supposed to be the giant wrench most engineseers lug around?

That sounds hilariously plausible.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

You smile warmly. “It looks like you are just the one I was looking for.”
Amacita smiles back, happiness suffusing her body. “Excellent. Excellent! I knew I could trust you. Here, I have something for you…” Internally, you receive a small chirp from your servo-skull, reporting incoming. Casually, you shift your body to half orient on the door, internally cursing yourself for not buying more grenades. Amacita appears not to have noticed as she brings something up from under the table. A bottle.

“This, sister, is the product of a certain amount of labor from my associates. I think you’ll like it, much better than that xeno-trash they serve above deck.” She takes out two cups, dented tin and metal, looking as if they were rescued from the scrap heap. You reach for one, pretending to absorb the aroma, in fact doing a chemical analysis. Bleh, grog of the worst sort. You would be more likely to use it for cleaning your gears, but in for a penny in for a Throne.

With a gesture and “Cheers!”, Amacita downs a shot, face flushing. “Mm! Ah, exactly. Now, my friend should be coming soon… here he is. Ohone, may I have the pleasure of introducing Lukacs, of the Explorer’s Guild.” You eye him warily, absently checking his lines for weapons. None that were obvious, suggesting that Amacita was far more lucky than good. Even the most casual of experience in the Deeps had shown you need to be ready to do violence, and what if you had decided to attack her? She apparently had no defenses readied.

He was dressed all in white, with clothes that seemed to faintly glow on their own. He had a long coat that nearly reached his mag-boots, and his face was concealed by oxy-acet goggles. His hands, as well, were concealed by welding gloves, and he bowed as he entered. “Mother Amacita. Milady Ohone.” You turn, cock your head at Amacita. “Mother?” Amacita gestured dismissively. “I’ll explain shortly. Lukacs, please, have a seat.”

Lukacs did so obediently, letting the conversation flow without interacting with any particularly effort. It seemed like he was waiting for something, but his back was to the open door, and your servo-skull wasn’t reporting anyone else approaching. Perhaps it was the conversation he was waiting for, but you mentally rehearsed flipping the table and making a hostage of Amacita if it came to that. You never could be sure of some people, and your blade was close to hand.

“You’ve heard of the Explorer’s Guild, I’m sure.” Amacita continued. You shook your head, and she paused in surprise. “No? I thought for sure you would have, given your experience with the Tribes down in Between.” Lukacs smiled depreciatingly, shook his head. “Mother, we avoid the areas held by the Tribes by long tradition and law. They possess Between, and we explore the abandoned areas within the old hulls themselves.” He smiled more. “Some of us want to try to get it named Within, but we are too small an organization for that kind of change.”

You look at Lukacs interestedly. “You explore the abandoned areas?” He beams at your question. “Aye Milady, we do. The official internal maps are never up to date, and we’re always trying to push back the boundaries of what is known. A pilgrim new to the ship, they think they can get a handle of the major parts of the ship in hours. But it can take decades to learn all the secrets that just the people” and the word was oddly emphasized, “know in the Deeps. The maps aren’t static, either, with a quarter million people living their lives. That might be decay, renovations, battle damage, riots, turf wars, or expansion for new quarters. Our job is to keep a history and knowledge of the internal geography, and push the boundaries of what is known.”

Amacita looked at Lukacs fondly. “The Explorers are the bravest people in the Deeps. Its a dangerous job, with high mortality, but they routinely find new things to help us. No one really knows how big this ship is, not really, but they know better than most.”
You gesture. “And he.. or they? The whole guild? Is on board with the question you asked me?”
She nods. “Yes, I joined the Guild a long time ago, and we are sworn in purpose. We protect the Deeps from the dangers that come from abroad or within.” She stares at you. “Which is why we are so concerned about the Magos. You did some good work with Widowmaker,” she spat the word, “and that made us think we could reach out to you, but the Magos is a hundred times worse.”
“How so?”
Her voice changes, like she’s sad you hadn’t caught on. “Oh, sister. The Widowmaker was a casual killer, but Magos has a plan, and we’re starting to get the pattern. He’s of a rank with the Lord-Sire, has total control over the engines, has a personal army, and is using us for any experiments he desires. He forgets that we are people too.” Lukacs spoke it at the same time - it sounded like an intonation, although you weren’t familiar with any such prayer books that contained such a thing. The orthodoxy of the Imperial Cult was to know your place.

“So how do you plan to go about it? His resources are near limitless.”
Amacita smiled. “We’ve already starting making in-roads in the Deeps. The strength of the Imperium is in it’s people, and we’re increasing their strength every day. Father Abraxus has been quite clear on the methods.”
“I’m sorry, Father Abraxus?”
Her mouth makes an “oh” of surprise. “Oh my, how could we have gotten this far without telling you about Father Abraxus? He’s a great man.” Lukacs echoed her. “Great man.”
She continued over him. “He is teaching us the six Circles of Faith, and we’re passing it on to the Deeps. The first Circle is Physical Actualization, and for that we are feeding people, teaching them athletics, things of that nature.” She pulls out a pict-display, and you mentally chastise yourself for nearly stabbing her in the throat. You are getting jumpy in this business.

The pics are a series of before and afters, standard looking Dregs, malnourished, sickly, aged-young, there are a hundred thousand just like them on the ship. The afters show them nearly glowing with health, muscle and hair growing well from a 50-100% increase in nutrition, graphs of fitness plans, capability increases, etc, etc. You mentally note that the training and results would be similar with nearly any Imperial Guard training regiment. If she could get funding for weapons, she might have an army sooner that you would have expected.

As you flip through them, she continues speaking. “Father Abraxus says everyone can be anyone, they just need the right support to get there. If the people in the Deeps were fed properly, educated, given what they needed from a younger age, who knows what the Imperium would be capable of? We might have defeated all the xenos millennia ago…”
You smile, cut her off. “He sounds like a fascinating person. Could I meet him? Or at least read his words?”
“Oh, hes a very busy person, but we do have the Tome of the First Circle. We had hoped you would ask for it, but its a rule of ours not to mention or offer it until then. Please, take this with you, and God-Emperor’s blessing be upon you.”
“And you. I would like to offer a similar invitation, into the … Sacred Defense of the Uvula. Acolytes of Tech Priests examine them in times of stress, to ensure everything is proceeding to the will of the Omnissiah. It’s done like this .... just so.” You show them how to look into the back of your throat, do the same to them. They comply agreeably, but show no signs of breakage from a gland implant. Blast. You stand, begin packing your things.
“With that I must take my leave. Stay in touch dear sister, we need to work together to take down the Magos. And Limosa.”

You carefully make your way to the Deeps, keeping your Servo-skull in the general area, looking ahead or behind. You try to change your route up a bit, but Amacita almost certainly knows it better than you, so perhaps such efforts are futile. Thusly, you keep a skull in the sky (metaphorically speaking) to keep an eye out. Unsurprisingly, you are the only one here, and within an hour or so you are back in the Deeps, chatting with the arms-dealers who supply the Gangs and Mercenaries.

You are nearly finished restocking your store of weapons and defenses (it’s occasionally useful to have friends in low places) when a binary shriek of rage nearly tears out your receptors. You had transmitted a sketch of notes to him; the artifact, the conspiracy and so forth, but you hadn’t anticipated such a ferocious response. Anxiously, you open a vox line to him.

<THRICE CURSED TELEPATHS!>
You pause, unsure to respond to this. Your synopsis didn’t have much with telepaths.
<Look at this, Ohone. Look at this and tell me what you see.>
[Incoming visual feed: Archived]
The visual feed is green, oversheen with a massive amount of data and symbols you don’t know the meaning of. Brushing them aside, you cut down the input to levels you can understand, revealing a view of the Deeps with some limited chemical analysis overlay. Casually, as if it were nothing, the view is expanded by connecting to nearby visual fields, little pop-ups from nearby cameras. The result is a nearly overwhelming array of displays from dozens of angles and elevations.

It was a strange experience to watch “yourself” perform normal activities walking through the crowds, while at the same time holding to a first person perspective. Even worse, the external views flickered off and on again as nearby visual feeds were linked into. Few of them were attached to the ship per se - you knew yourself that the main use of cameras was near the internal airlocks. Instead, the Magos seemed to be receiving passive feeds from all the holographic displays near him, screened for relevance. Idly, you wondered how long it would take to set up an interface like that for yourself. And, why the Magos was showing you this aspect of himself.

The Machine-Spirits inside the HUD were rapidly murmuring to themselves, looking for the face of the missing mercenary. Faster than you could follow, they were going through the archives of the visual feeds around them, even as the Magos walked through the crowds. They gave him the deference a Tech-Priest was due, but not more. He was going incognito as such things went, and there were probably thousands of Tech-Priests and their Acolytes aboard this ship. In the first person perspective, you could see people step out of the way for your passage, and feel a small thrill of satisfaction when one goes beyond that, a deep bow beyond what you “officially” deserve. But it is what you deserve, really, as the tall figure bends at the waist, holding his over-large hat, before moving through the crowds.

The Machine-Spirits finish their analysis, identify the face you are looking for, probability 92%+-3%. The mercenary is slumped in an alleyway behind a wall of metal, seeming to be drunk or working off a high of some sort. Sensors investigate the area first; the odd chemical tang that had threaded from the Massacre was here as well, although not strong. A quick examination of the mercenary; quite dead, with the extensive smile the others had had. Examination by mechadendrites show endorphine overload, although the duration was longer. It appeared to be a build up over days, as opposed to the sudden spike at the Massacre site. Given the context, it seemed reasonable to think he was given orders with the Warp-curse, although this curse was strung over time. Still left you without a witness though.

His body lacked any gland intrusion, and you absently sent a memo for the Cleansers to collect it. There was nothing further here, and you weren’t sure if the Warp curse was infectious or not. Running the numbers, you would probably have to Cleanse… ten thousand or so in the mercenary’s path. None of the other bodies had exhibited contagion, although maybe his mission had included it. Effortlessly, you sketch a Cleanse plan and send it to the Grey Cloaks, telling them to enact it upon word from you or independent observable of Warp-contagion effects.

The bodies at the Gangs-morgue were more telling. Most useful, the chemical thread you had been following was quite strong here, suggesting the glands were related in some way. It is your current theory that glands (if not these in particular) were moved from the site that Ohone had found by the Thing, and then transitted by the mercenary to the alleyway. It was unclear where it went from there; the chemicals had been clouded in some way. The morgue bodies you order to your lab, some of the nerve structure is worth researching, particularly in relation to some Biologis work you’ve been considering for some time now.

The Gangs had been quite effective in sequestering the most recent murder site. No one was being allowed in the building, even though the guards themselves, dressed in animalistic attire, seemed to be more focused at glaring at each other. Dregs in the surrounding area were studiously careful in not drawing their attention which was as it should be. Inside, the bodies were stacked in a similar way as the previous murder site.

It didn’t appear to be ritualistic; it seemed more animalistic, like stacking food in a larder. The hearts, livers, and tongues had been removed as per usual, which made you think of some sort of predator going for highest nutrition items. The rib cage had been opened with great force, and you observed the expected gland stem was in the intestines. …. Oddly, the gland itself was not. It appeared that the gland had been removed at [examination of circulatory systems complete] a later date, perhaps as much as four hours. Definitely within the time frame of when the guards had been placed. Mechadendrite flexing angrily, you determine to find out how security had been breached. And if the answers weren’t to your liking, the Gangs would find out they existed at your sufferance.

Walking outside, you stride towards the most senior looking gang member, her face most animalistic in approach. These organics were fools for wanting to emphasize their animal side, when true strength (and True Flesh) was found in metal. Your vox crackles in harsh tones, and these animals quail under your approach. Much better. “You were told to secure this house until Tech-Priests came to examine the site.”
The organics were all but showing their belly in submission. “Yes, Tech-Priest.”
“Did you do that?”
“No, Tech-Priest.”
Your mechadendrites have to be restrained from cutting her to ribbons right then.
“What?”
“Someone else came to examine the site.”
“And you just let him come in?”
“Yes, Tech-Priest.”
“Why?”
“He seemed like he belonged here.”
“Why?”
The organics look at each other in confusion.
“We’re … not sure, Tech-Priest.”
“Can you at least describe him? Unusual characteristics?”
They consider, talk among themselves for a bit.
“No, nothing unusual. Perhaps two and half meters high, five fingers and two thumbs on each hand, long clothes, big hat. Pretty standard looking Family member if you ask me.”
You can barely stop from grinding your gears. “Family members are never more than a meter and a half, and have ten digits in total.”
They consider this. “Yeah, that’s true. Still, he seemed to fit in just fine.”
“What happened after that?”
“Well, the Tech-Priests came. Had evidence bags or some such, left with full ones. Did you lose them? We thought you were with them.”

A. Investigate the Explorer’s Guild, ask Woodhouse for details, etc.
B. Investigate Amacita’s Cult, maybe go to a meeting, read the Tome they gave you.
.C. Amacita can wait, she’s just going Family games. You need to pursue that weird creature.
.D. Limosa might be heading to the Omnissiah Rituals, if hes going. Could pick his brain some.
.E. Something Else.

-

Theres a minor class advance called an Elite Advance, which you can qualify to buy with RP events. During this post, you qualified for both the Explorer’s Guild, and the First Circle of the God-Emperor Within Us. I haven’t written up the particulars yet, but I’ll focus my brainstorming that way if the thread is interested.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Voting for Plan Waci, with the addition that we have the Aegis Integrated, so we never have to worry about ammo.

Edit: is Woodhouse all better now?

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 16, 2014

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LowellDND posted:

It looks like its a Space Marine hand cannon :cheeky: Might need to ask Lord-Sire to see if he has one in storage.

Now that I actually bothered to look up the lore behind it, uh... a Hellfire Flamer maybe a bit overkill. At least for now. Given the current direction of our investigation, perhaps an Incinerator would be more effective.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'm a little confused. What was the italicized part? Was it a recording sent to us by the Magos? Why did he do that? Did we tell him about the conspiracy against him or what?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

VanSandman posted:

I'm a little confused. What was the italicized part? Was it a recording sent to us by the Magos? Why did he do that? Did we tell him about the conspiracy against him or what?

Yes, the italics part was him sending you a couple hours of his investigation of the murders. He did it because last vote, we wanted to bring the Magos in for investigation of the murder sites.

At the moment, I have him aware of the conspiracy against him, as the vote seemed to trend telling him about the artifact and the conspiracy. If the thread doesn't want that, I can retcon it easily, its currently just one line of text.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Voting for the D

On the off chance that Limosa might actually show up. The last thing we would want him to do is call our bluff, question our religious commitments. We can always talk to him about Amacita's heresy since she's probably a bigger hidden threat than we are what with being in possession of an anti psyker device. It might be a chance for us to turn the two on each other.

If he doesn't even show we will still have a quiet secluded place to pay obeisance to the Omnissiah, upgrade our gear, read Amacita's book ask Woodhouse about the Explorer's guild and whether he's heard of Father Abraxus and talk more with the Magos about what's been going on and what the deal with the telepaths was.

I like the idea of setting up our on feeds though but I wonder if we would be able to set it up unnoticed given that there are probably several similar feeds set up throughout the hulk.

Do we have a secure base of operations at the minute?

Rockopolis posted:

:awesome:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

You don't really have a secure place at the moment. You have your "official" room, which you've visited for one hour in the last couple decades, and your allies in the Tribes of the Gun Batteries. But no super-sekret bunker of seclusion right now, no.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I think it's important to find out what Limosa wants from us, and we should see if we can't make him think we'd be happy to support his bid if we got something - like maybe becoming Magos ourself? Obviously inform the Magos so he doesn't see us fake plotting against him. D.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

B That reference to 'circles of faith' puts me on edge. :tinfoil:

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Unless it is the circle of zerthimon, I say we need to avoid this cult.

Edit: Ah. Abraxas is a gnostic god/demon, who is said to be higher than both god and satan. Welp. We have a heretic!

Wentley fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 16, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Wentley posted:

Unless it is the circle of zerthimon, I say we need to avoid this cult.

No, we need to keep an eye on it to see if it needs to be destroyed.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Avoid investigating heresy? This is w40k :flame:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
There's no way this cult isn't in need of inquisitioning. It reeks of heresy just by being a secret cult. Side with the magos over someone crazy meat-purists any day.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Waci posted:

There's no way this cult isn't in need of inquisitioning. It reeks of heresy just by being a secret cult. Side with the magos over someone crazy meat-purists any day.

Minor clarification: The Beast of Trall Traal spends a lot of time on pilgrimage routes, and cycles through a couple dozen thousand pilgrims every jump. You met one group earlier that that all machines were Iron Men, its a wide gamut of opinions.

Amacita did seem to find a somewhat heterodox one though, what with the "lets help the dregs" as opposed to "slave, know thy place."

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LowellDND posted:

You met one group earlier that that all machines were Iron Men, its a wide gamut of opinions.

Exactly, we've already ran into one cult that we need to root out and exterminate for blasphemy against the Omnissiah.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

LowellDND posted:

Amacita did seem to find a somewhat heterodox one though, what with the "lets help the dregs" as opposed to "slave, know thy place."

Helping the dregs, eh? Would you say that they would be working towards a Greater Good?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Dregs getting highly nutritious food? Murder victims missing high nutritional organs? Mysterious stranger that is hard to notice/remember? :tinfoil: Think we found our chaos cult!!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

MaliciousOnion posted:

Voting for Plan Waci, with the addition that we have the Aegis Integrated, so we never have to worry about ammo.

Edit: is Woodhouse all better now?

It's been about a day, and you haven't gotten any messages of his death. So... probably. His last standing order was to fully prep you for a meeting with Limosa.

Volmarias posted:

Helping the dregs, eh? Would you say that they would be working towards a Greater Good?

The potential is definitely there. Ohone doesn't have the xeno-lore to know what that means, but there are definitely tendencies there. Amacita could, of course, just be a good hearted person fallen into a progressive/heterodox Imperial Cult.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Hey LowellDND, how much are we allowed to use knowledge that I the RL person have vs what Ohone might be expected to know based on her stats and skills? Because I've got a hunch, but it requires knowing about the sacred numbers of Chaos that I dunno if Ohone would be in position to know...

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
I personally feel that we shouldn't metagame to break the game. Keep it to a minimum IMO. Also no disrespect Lowell but could we turn down the number of Easter Eggs? Cheapens the exp rewards from actually playing the game IMO

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

I personally feel that we shouldn't metagame to break the game. Keep it to a minimum IMO. Also no disrespect Lowell but could we turn down the number of Easter Eggs? Cheapens the exp rewards from actually playing the game IMO

Works for me. I think we've gotten over the early level curve where I was worried we would get killed, so I think they've served their purpose.

For level of meta-game, I'm pondering how to best mix a) players new to the universe, b) the difficulties of running a mystery game, and c) how to make such meta-knowledge a good read.

Loel fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 17, 2014

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Also no disrespect Lowell but could we turn down the number of Easter Eggs? Cheapens the exp rewards from actually playing the game IMO

I agree on this. If you're going to hand out XP or noticing your reference, make it 10xp or some other token value, so that we don't reference our way through a few perks.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
I vote B

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Alternatively, keep them, but only allow the XP to be spent on Lore/Perception/that Total Recall perk, as it becomes increasingly obvious Ohone has a head for obscure trivia.

Amacita is obviously just a main character from a different CYOA, with wishy-washier players.
"The voices in my head keep arguing and voting about the artifact. We've decided to go to my cousin, the obvious Mary Sue character."

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Circles within circles you say? Hmm...

I'm thinking of a thing that starts with a T and ends with zeentch.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

paragon1 posted:

Circles within circles you say? Hmm...

I'm thinking of a thing that starts with a T and ends with zeentch.

Ooh, this is the least fun game of twenty questions.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Mother this, Father that, 7 rings... Makes you wonder if the Grandpa's involved.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We're gonna have to purge everyone on this drat ship just to be sure, aren't we?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
It's the only way.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Waci posted:

It's the only way.

It's the BEST way.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Speaking of easy XP, has anyone actually pointed out that Woodhouse is a character from hit animated TV show Archer? :downs:

Outrail fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

LowellDND posted:

For level of meta-game, I'm pondering how to best mix a) players new to the universe, b) the difficulties of running a mystery game, and c) how to make such meta-knowledge a good read.

You've done a really good job so far but if you think people are metagaming too much, you can just break from the existing fluff.

From a game perspective, you could always just make Ohone make or directly fail more perception rolls and explain to the readers after this happens where appropriate. We might know about say Pariahs but Ohone might just see a socially awkward dude and think nothing of it.