Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Prince John posted:

67 Labour, 6 Con, pretty decisive in the end for Sunderland. Labour end up with 54% of vote, UKIP with 11%. Increase of 4% vote share for Labour since 2015 local elections.

there being no tories there to begin with would explain the non-appreciable tory bleed, i guess, ta

V. Illych L. fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

So it seems as if I have misplaced my passport, and I'm due to fly to the USA in 29 days. What are the honest chances of my actually receiving my passport back before I fly out if I can have the countersigned form and photos sent back super duper recorded delivery first thing on Monday morning?

you can go to a passport office and get one same day if you can get an appointment in time, then get a new ESTA with your new passport.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

V. Illych L. posted:

there being no tories there to being with would explain the non-appreciable tory bleed, i guess, ta

I think it's flattering to Labour too - the presenter was saying that the seat was mathematically impossible for Labour to lose. I assume that's because not all of those 67 seats were actually up for grabs.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

V. Illych L. posted:

how strong were the tories in this ward to begin with?

ukip progress isn't strange, but the tories really should be bleeding as well here
Labour 63 seats, Conservative 8, Independent 4 as of 2014. Wikipedia has incomplete results for 2015.

That would explain why the Tories aren't losing seats there, that's a pretty hardcore rump.

e:f, soundly b

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Looking forward to this thread trying to rationalize why the general public isn't enamored of far-left politics.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

tekz posted:

Looking forward to this thread trying to rationalize why the general public isn't enamored of far-left politics.

It's because of false conciousness, thanks for asking.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/labourpress/status/532847279691288576

Does anybody know what he said?

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...
I can't remember back to almost two years ago, sorry.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Sorry everybody I didn't notice the date on that tweet.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Digging through labour tweets back to almost a year and a half ago?

My you do need a better hobby.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Sorry everybody I didn't notice the date on that tweet.

Right you are 'Flaps

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

tekz posted:

See when you have your stroke and your pension and family can't support you and you have to be moved into social housing and get maybe an hour a day of social care from a private firm who's only impetuous to keep you alive is to collect your contribution, remember that it was you voting Tory that took away all the safety nets and got you there. :)

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

See when you have your stroke and your pension and family can't support you and you have to be moved into social housing and get maybe an hour a day of social care from a private firm who's only impetuous to keep you alive is to collect your contribution, remember that it was you voting Tory that took away all the safety nets and got you there. :)

It might be independence that gets us there up here, alas.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

vegetables posted:

It might be independence that gets us there up here, alas.

We're already here for that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yeah but the Sun said that voting Tory is the only reason that I don't have artificial intelligences or transneptunians living next door so I'm happy to live in my own poo poo as long as they're worse off.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

I want independence from loving morons.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
Flaps you are trying too hard to wind people up, at least wait for Labour to actually lose something they probably should have won or kept before going all guns blazing.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/728369595212500992

BAD FOR CORBYN BAD FOR CORBYN BAD FOR CORNCORB

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah but the Sun said that voting Tory is the only reason that I don't have artificial intelligences or transneptunians living next door so I'm happy to live in my own poo poo as long as they're worse off.

This is so accurate to how some of the people I care after think it's unreal.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Currently it's not going too badly, but this is going to go on for ages, so who knows what'll happen, but Labour have increased their national vote share by 3% compared to Tories' 3% loss. So far. Hope is a bad thing though and it will go tits up and Full Fascism will be implemented by Sunday

e: like the Tories just lost their last seat on South Tyneside council, which is nice, swinging to Labour. And Stockport swung Labour too.

Jrbg fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 6, 2016

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

J_RBG posted:

Currently it's not going too badly, but this is going to go on for ages, so who knows what'll happen, but Labour have increased their national vote share by 3% compared to Tories' 3% loss. So far. Hope is a bad thing though and it will go tits up and Full Fascism will be implemented by Sunday

Don't worry, we've already had one former Scottish MP who was standing as a MSP blame ScotLab's poor result on their promise to increase income tax by 1p & also on Corbyn. It was pretty dumb & infuriating & absolutely predictable. Labour right are like a broken record & totally unwilling to actually reflect on why they've done increasingly bad, instead just going for a knee-jerk reaction.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

lol someone in Labour sent Kuenssberg their prepared talking points to handle the results and she read them out in front of McDonnell

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Someone's getting the sack there

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

I have to admit, John McDonnell has really upped his political game since he became chancellor. He's handling the barrage on the BBC extremely well. He just got blindsided with the fact that Labour's speaking notes on the election results were leaked to the media by hostile elements within the party, detailing how they plan to deflect criticism of Corbyn following a predicted loss of seats.

His response was a casual laugh and the comment 'I think I wrote those!' followed by a calm explanation of why their position is correct and a proper benchmark for Corbyn's leadership.

The guy has game.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

jabby posted:

I have to admit, John McDonnell has really upped his political game since he became chancellor. He's handling the barrage on the BBC extremely well. He just got blindsided with the fact that Labour's speaking notes on the election results were leaked to the media by hostile elements within the party, detailing how they plan to deflect criticism of Corbyn following a predicted loss of seats.

His response was a casual laugh and the comment 'I think I wrote those!' followed by a calm explanation of why their position is correct and a proper benchmark for Corbyn's leadership.

The guy has game.

Boy done good. It's also nice they dust off the crackpot professor every election night. Why do the Tories always shove Morgan out into the studio? She gets flustered at the drop of a hat.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Extreme0 posted:

I want independence from loving morons.
This is why I voted Yes.

drat.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jabby posted:

The guy has game.

Corbyn's getting on a bit, and political leadership ages you crazy-fast. His term was always going to be about pointing the party in a direction and cultivating heirs, so it's nice to see McDonnell shaping up (even if he's probably got too much baggage to be party leader himself).

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FinalGamer posted:

This is why I voted Yes.

drat.

History has already shown that if you wanted to be independent from morons, voting Yes was about the worst way to go about it.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Jedit posted:

History has already shown that if you wanted to be independent from morons, voting Yes was about the worst way to go about it.

I regret nothing.

Also get back to work you slacker.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/728394900056739841

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

To be honest, the fact Ken survived 2011 was a shock considering I think boundry changes had it at a notional Tory +5, but the SNP just didn't surge quite enough to overcome the core strong Tory vote in Eastwood this time around.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
These Scottish results are all-around weird, mind you. SNP are apparently briefing that they may have lost their majority.

I don't know how many constituency losses would have to offset their predicted gains from Labour in Glasgow, but it looks like they may end up losing North East Fife and two in Edinburgh.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

TinTower posted:

These Scottish results are all-around weird, mind you. SNP are apparently briefing that they may have lost their majority.

I don't know how many constituency losses would have to offset their predicted gains from Labour in Glasgow, but it looks like they may end up losing North East Fife and two in Edinburgh.

Tory gains in votes are not what I would be expecting to see in a Scottish election result.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Raeg posted:

Tory gains in votes are not what I would be expecting to see in a Scottish election result.

It's bad, but Eastwood was Tory for years. Places like Newton Mearns are some of the wealthiest in Scotland. And rubbish.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

It's bad, but Eastwood was Tory for years. Places like Newton Mearns are some of the wealthiest in Scotland. And rubbish.

Oh, I live in Eastwood so I know that. I was more just talking about in some constituency votes where they are gaining like 5-10%, even if they remain in third in those places.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

Raeg posted:

To be honest, the fact Ken survived 2011 was a shock considering I think boundry changes had it at a notional Tory +5, but the SNP just didn't surge quite enough to overcome the core strong Tory vote in Eastwood this time around.

Let's not let facts get in the way of this being bad for Corbyn.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Pretty much every result in the Guardian is being put in terms of if it was down to the Jews hating Corbyn or the Jews hating cuts more than Corbyn. It's a bit weird.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Fans posted:

Pretty much every result in the Guardian is being put in terms of if it was down to the Jews hating Corbyn or the Jews hating cuts more than Corbyn. It's a bit weird.

Eastwood has like 50% of the Jewish population of Scotland. Clearly bad for Corbyn.

See! I could be a pundit.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

since you ask, anyway

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11229909/Labour-distances-itself-from-MPs-lynching-remarks.html

quote:

The Daily Mail had reported a comedy event at which one of its MPs John McDonnell discussed attending a ‘Sack Esther McVey Day’ while campaigning for Labour in the Employment Minister’s Wirral West constituency.

He said: “I spoke at a packed public meeting... there was a whole group in the audience that completely kicked off quite critical of the whole concept, because they were arguing ‘Why are sacking her? Why aren’t we lynching the b******?’.”

Tory chairman Grant Shapps described the comments as “sickening”, while Defence Minister Anna Soubry called for Labour to remove the whip from Mr McDonnell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Raeg posted:

Eastwood has like 50% of the Jewish population of Scotland. Clearly bad for Corbyn.

See! I could be a pundit.

Three minutes after you post that.

• Locked thread