Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Oh my god. You really aren't reading anything I'm posting are you. I sure hope the rest of the town is.

That does it. gently caress waiting. I've been wary of you all day but not wanting to cramp your style or move on it too soon when you could still get things stirred up even as scum. But telling me I'm not reading?

##vote TNL

You seriously believe this? Do you even know how many tabs I've got in my spreadsheet right now? I was actually just looking back at where that whole dumb case started and once again, it sounded like a perfectly understandable D1 case and pressure vote that I don't see why YOU can't understand.

Doubting my effort and attention to this game is either bloody ignorant, or a knee-jerk scum response to try and minimise my views. Get rekt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
TNL fillign in the traditional bEET role I see

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

This doesn't sound sincere, but I have committed to not wanting to actually vote you at all today thanks to your participation.

Uggh I shoulda just stuck with the Anidav Turbo nostalgia plan.

Okay so I've actually been looking at Anidav this evening:

Anidav posted:

I did a read and gently caress Xad and pera.

They look suss as poo poo imo. A snowball tap and then a disappearing act.

Isnt tpink usually kinda in and out all the time and all that so I'm not sure how Gaspy reads their usual behaviour as suss. I. Pretty sure Soag has played with them before too. It's pretty much how Small Keating used to play, in and out thread drifting.

Anidav posted:

It's a bit odd for N20 to play devil's advocate for Infinitum too.

Anidav posted:

Xad - Weird posting that only kind of snapped out of it when under pressure but still needed a shove to get out of joke phase mode.
Prince of Space - new player but still acting kind of off-beat
and while I agree with TM for now, might be a snowball poster so TM is there as well if Inf flips town. Though the same reasoning can be applied to myself.
I read busb and I don't see anything too suspect. Maybe someone else can point out why they think he's suss but he looks like a list filler atm to me.
Drunk Nerds is really low on content, I dunno if scum would be this transparent though.

RF & co can be handled by DA RULEZ

tithin was kinda looking for something within me that isn't there this game, kinda narrative writing and background fabrication on me for those who don't play with me much which is kinda suss but not a priority for me to look into yet.

Gaspy is the usual self but I know for a fact that the fearless leader of scum hunting has used this style of posting to lead town to lynch various other townies of different natures before. I'm always mindful of the fact that at the very least he has a character-posting habit for simply accusing people who disagree with him as suss.

I cannot read SLASHER HAWKE because that persona is like an Earthbound boss that posts in some sort of odd shorthand language that oyln Diamodn Dgso acn translate.

Anidav posted:

TM is almost as keen to Lynch Infinitum as Gaspy is but without the personal reasons. Kind of worth looking into imo.

So a lot of what Anidav has been doing D1 is throwing out lowkey shade on people and kinda just watching to see if it sticks or not. The only vote that got put down as a result of this was an early vote on Xad that got rescinded later.

The single significant post that was made is just a microcosm of the tiny cases he's been putting up elsewhere without any significant justification behind them.

Additionally, he's willing to let lurkers get a pass because the rules will deal with them, except the rules for Shine are really lax, like you get warned D1, show up D2 and D3 and by then the lurker rules are done and you've dodged the dangerzone that is D1.

What this reads to me as is a scum player who's trying to see if there's traction on a lot of different people with a poke and a nudge here and there, but that's also trying to cover for scumbos who've been afk early on.

Whilst this doesn't fit my meta read of Anidav, who I view as an aggressive scum player usually, it should be noted that earlier in the thread Bif openly mentioned that aggressive Anidav was often a scumtell for him. So I feel like a conscious attempt at a meta shift may be at work.

It's enough to tentatively ##vote Anidav and come back to it later once I've seen whether people think I'm way off the mark or not.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

No it's me ultra frustrated at spelling out why what inf is doing is so scummy and you blowing past me to cover your ears and whistle because for whatever reason you are determined to protect him. You've called me insincere when I've done nothing but push my heart out to get us a good execution and make you see the light.

If you really think I'm scummier than inf then I don't even know what to tell you, except maybe get your eyes checked.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I care so much about this thread I can't even go play phoenix wright for an hour because all I want is for us to win this game and instead you want to put the scummiest guy in the battle because he roleclaimed on day 1 and vote me out instead. Do it then, watch your most dedicated soldier flip town if that's what you want. Alternatively shed your own internal biases and start looking at the big picture, like I have been begging you to do for over an hour now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Here is the timeline of what TNL thinks I didn't read. It starts way back on page 8:

The Ninth Layer posted:

Not Voting (15):Anidav, curiousCat, Drunk Nerds, iajanus, Jeabus Mahogany, Little Mac, Mithross, Natural 20, peramene, Prince of Space, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes, tithin, tpink, Xad

Over half of the thread is not voting for anybody. This is, uh, really bad.

I agreed with this TNL post, actually. Even though it was early in the day, I think people should be slinging votes to generate discussion. Inf didn't see it that way, though. Fresh out of Minifauxnen Mafia, he apparently saw this as TNL trying to Mafia Dad some safe content (TNL was certainly Mafia Dadding me as well) when a panicked call for votes was hardly needed this early in his opinion. To Inf, this was a chance to right his previous wrong, when he didn't call out Scumstrike for identical behaviour in a game that just ended:

Infinitum posted:

I called Birdstrike out for this in Minifauxenen Mafia, and he flipped scum.

I'm calling it out again here.

The only people concerned about the time left, this early in the day, are scum.

##vote TNL

Infinitum posted:

Exhibit A - The appearance of creating discussion, without actually adding to the discussion

TNL then defended his post.

The Ninth Layer posted:

I call people out for not voting in every game.

Also we're literally competing against another thread full of town players who I would like to win against, so I would like this thread to have better discussion than they do. This should be an incentive for everybody to bring their best to this game btw.

Infinitum posted:

Exhibit B - Redirecting attention to a factor that doesn't concern town ITT

The Ninth Layer posted:

Winning the game doesn't concern you? Ok dude.

Imo, this post sounds a little "I am townie town town, look at me wanting to win the game!", but at the time I still was viewing TNL favourably in this exchange since I agreed with him on wanting to see more votes and more early activity, instead of ending up like we are now approaching deadline and nowhere near a lunch.

Infinitum posted:

You know what I meant, so don't attempt to spin my statements

What is happening in the other thread is of no concern to me, as our scum team are doing their job in disrupting the state of play.

My concern is winning the game here.

The only players we need to focus attention on, during the day, are scum ITT

Aka you

But yeah I agree with Inf looking back that TNL seemed to be spinning a bit.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yes, which is why I am suggesting more people vote, so that we can advance discussion past the question of whether having discussion is good (it is) and toward who or what we should be discussing.

The fact is that right now anyone who has jokevoted is already in the top half of thread contributors, regardless of how good or bad their vote was. This is a problem if you are actually interested in catching scum.

Infinitum posted:

I'm not worried about people not playing the game ATM, as it is NYE.

That is what's suspicious about the statement.

Exhibit C

While I agreed with TNL's point, Inf isn't wrong in this either.

Phoneposting so I better stop all these quotes for a sec and see what happened in the thread by now haha

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

All three of his exhibits are mischsracterizations of what I said. Like blatant ones. When I say I am motivated by competing with the other thread, he frames it as me having an ulterior interest in the other thread's content. It's a scummy and UNTRUE portrayal of my actual content.

As heated as we are getting Bif, thank you for at least going back and looking at this stuff. I am confident that if you do you will see what I mean.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

Pera if you are town you should not want cops investigating you when they could be investigating possible scum instead.

This falls under the same logic as, if you are town you don't want the town to waste one of their precious executions on you either, when instead the town could execute someone whose alignment isn't guaranteed to be town.

I'm gonna pretend this isn't patronizing as hell but I can't pretend this isn't over-rationalizing to the point of fiction. Of course these are desirable circumstances, but fuckers ain't psychic my dude.

Tired Moritz posted:

pera just blatantly ignoring infi's dumb refusal to work with the leader

We were all told to. By the same.

Your questions hinge on "wanting"to be investigated rather than "welcoming" it. Pissing about how town you are in an effort to get an investigation on someone else is a waste of everyone's actual real game time.

Bifauxnen posted:

You just sound more and more defensive, dude.

We all know Inf makes loads of bad choices. No one needs to try and justify his gambit

Bifauxnen posted:

If you're town and voting yourself over this you are playing worse than Infinitum, bud.

##vote Tired Moritz

Self-voting bad

Tired Moritz posted:

i cant believe im being told to post less in a mafia game again

You're not

TNL is being a buttass but TM is straight up self-voting and "town bad!!!" and boy howdy do I just not have the patience for that ever

still tho ##vote TNL

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

So a lot of what Anidav has been doing D1 is throwing out lowkey shade on people and kinda just watching to see if it sticks or not. The only vote that got put down as a result of this was an early vote on Xad that got rescinded later.

The single significant post that was made is just a microcosm of the tiny cases he's been putting up elsewhere without any significant justification behind them.

Additionally, he's willing to let lurkers get a pass because the rules will deal with them, except the rules for Shine are really lax, like you get warned D1, show up D2 and D3 and by then the lurker rules are done and you've dodged the dangerzone that is D1.

What this reads to me as is a scum player who's trying to see if there's traction on a lot of different people with a poke and a nudge here and there, but that's also trying to cover for scumbos who've been afk early on.

Whilst this doesn't fit my meta read of Anidav, who I view as an aggressive scum player usually, it should be noted that earlier in the thread Bif openly mentioned that aggressive Anidav was often a scumtell for him. So I feel like a conscious attempt at a meta shift may be at work.

It's enough to tentatively ##vote Anidav and come back to it later once I've seen whether people think I'm way off the mark or not.

Meh I feel like you are needlessly undercutting your own read here with a meta argument that runs counter to your otherwise well stated case.

If that's the meta read you have of him then he's played the opposite of that, is playing like someone who does not actually have a handle on things. It doesn't read like an act to me either.

I agree with the rest of what you said but feel pretty ambivalent about Anidav. It's an execution against someone for essentially making bland posts which doesn't really give me much confidence in it. Feels like a case against someone who hasn't yet been grabbed by the game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moving on to page 9, some people agreed that pushing for votes that early was silly, and these 2 specifically thought it was suspicious of TNL:

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

feel worse about tnl now

Xad posted:

Yeah I'm certainly no fan of being pushed to make a choice, especially with so much time left in the day. Reckon tnl is trying to get us to rush through a decision, don't feel right to me.

##vote tnl explain yourself, we got time

I don't agree with the idea of "rushing to a decision". That does seem a bit of a stretch from Xad. But I could also see this as just a pressure vote.

TNL then responds:

The Ninth Layer posted:

This is not what I was pushing for at all. I'm not asking for an early execution, I'm asking that people stop acting like the only day you're allowed to vote is deadline day.

I've already explained this too, please read what I have posted.

The Ninth Layer posted:

If anything the hostile responses I got show how little people understand the true purpose of the jokevote phase, and why it is scummy for players to make it through the jokevote phase without voting.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Btw Infinitum is dead wrong about townies concerning themselves with the other thread.

Every town player should at least be skimming the other thread to get a good idea of who their helpful players are aka who it's safe and good to shoot.

After this there is a long pause while Inf is away and others discuss TNL's post instead. And Gaspy makes a big look into it:

Venom Soag posted:

TNL case timeline

TNL comes in and identifies issues with various posts over the last day.

Slasher Hawke fires the first shot, claiming he’s scum for trying to dump poo poo on new players.

He then doubles down on it claiming TNL is coordinating with Jeabus in scumdoc.

BIFAUXNEN follows up having a light go at TNL for being inconsistent.

Slasher hawke joins in on this.

Drunk nerds and Tithin accuse (more admonish, really) TNL of being unreasonable hasty w/r/t the due date, focusing not on the level of participation but that it’s unreasonable for people to be voting to lynch with days to go.

INFINITUM bandwagons, turning the momentum of Tithin and Drunk Nerds complaints into a scum gotcha.

TPINK basically does the exact same but with somehow even less substance but more shade.

xad votes for TNL, but their comments sound more like they’re responding to infinitum and tpink instead of looking at TNL. Xad literally says “explain yourself” as they vote, despite TNL explaining their position in detail just before. - very lazy bandwagoning here-

Peramene catches up on the thread, claims TNL is a bit suss, citing infinitum as the reason why.

from this point on the casing stops and people just start regurgitating “TNL bad” while very rarely actually engaging with TNL

So the first TNL as scum push was slasher Hawke but the consistent driving force was infinitum.

Most others are either not sure, or bandwagoning.

The key moments here are infinitum and tpink coordinating to turn legitimate complaint over deadlines into unreasonable pressure and sell that as scummy.

When Inf does come back, he dives right in to call TNL scummy again:

Infinitum posted:

Exhibit D - Still saying nothing, while appearing to say something

But he moved on to do a very long post addressing other people as well. It's not like TNL was the only thing on his mind. But Inf comes back to it at the end of the long post, which I've snipped the middle of:

Infinitum posted:

Catch up read.

Peoples posting I don't like in general
- Drunk Nerds - Gut read scum
- Pera - Says won't vote until sure, and then starts throwing out a vote in a somewhat random fashion without backup statements as to why

For those playing at home, Venom Soag/Gaspy is upset with me because in Minifauxnen Mafia I played a Cop Gambit as Town which led to him getting lynched while he was also Town.
He had been my strongest scum read all game

Which is why you are seeing posts like this:

You know my ratio for actually finding scum vs mislynching is actually really good, right?

Look at recent examples

[snip]

Again the game had only just started, and it was weird to be so concerned about the state of play when it would have clearly been in a state of flux for at least another 12-24 hours before we knuckled down.

It's a post that stood out.

My instinct was to build a case against Bird, and I should have followed my gut on it.

Now observe TNL from this game.

The exact same thing that happened in Mini-Mafs is happening again here.

1.) The game has just started
2.) It's a 96 hour Day 1
3.) Everybody is clearly in holiday mode from Xmas+NYE poo poo
4.) Why the hell would anyone care about the game, seriously, until the New Year has started.

Again
The only people concerned with the state of the vote, this early in the game, are scum; as they are strategising how to spin plays.

Still don't believe me, have a look at TNL's follow up posts to being called out (Click through to see the posts by TNL in question)

At this moment in time, I believe TNL to be the correct vote D1

I won't let the opportunity that passed us by in Mini-Mafs D1 to happen again here.

TNL is selling it like Inf can't paraphrase or explain his case, but Inf made a solid effort here to do exactly that.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

peramene posted:

I'm gonna pretend this isn't patronizing as hell but I can't pretend this isn't over-rationalizing to the point of fiction. Of course these are desirable circumstances, but fuckers ain't psychic my dude.

Again what there do you disagree with? It seems like you are offended by what I said for the sake of being offended by it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bif in those posts you are quoting he's talking past me. I provided reasons for why town should care about people voting early. He does not address those points and actually just makes a blanket dismissal of them to repeat points I had already responded to.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

TNL is now saying that Inf is mischaracterizing him, but his "exhibit" posts just read to me like totally standard "you scummy" posts. I can see TNL being very irritated by them if he's town of course. But sometimes people are wrong on D1, dude. I don't like how TNL is holding up this early as the PROOF that I HAVE TO SEE to know he is scum!!! Despite all the huge things that have happened since then.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Bif in those posts you are quoting he's talking past me. I provided reasons for why town should care about people voting early. He does not address those points and actually just makes a blanket dismissal of them to repeat points I had already responded to.

That is a matter of game protocol that you two disagree on and has no relation to how scummy anyone is.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

The fact that I have been braying for his blood all day and he's refused to acknowledge my existence since Nye despite me apparently being his big early game suspicion is really all you should need to know he's scum.

Inf can you clear this up? Your latest scum shortlist, please, in ranked order.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
can't you guys stop fighting and please vote me thanks

im just gonna

##vote xad

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

TNL is now saying that Inf is mischaracterizing him, but his "exhibit" posts just read to me like totally standard "you scummy" posts. I can see TNL being very irritated by them if he's town of course. But sometimes people are wrong on D1, dude. I don't like how TNL is holding up this early as the PROOF that I HAVE TO SEE to know he is scum!!! Despite all the huge things that have happened since then.

Okay you know what sorry for trying.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Ok I skipped from page 12 to page 25 and then read from there because I can't read all that poo poo in the hour I have before work. I will get caught up during the battle/night, and we can try this again now that I am through the holiday bullshit.

This means I mostly just got 5 pages of tnl and tm. I am not a fan of either but tnl is at least taking time out of his fight with bif to comment on other things, while tm has peaced out entirely. I feel like scum doing all this wouldn't have put out an opinion on nat20's case because why do that when you are already under scrutiny, it's just more opinions for town to read if you go down and flip.

This is the exhausted Mithross minute, I have been Mithross, thank you.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Tired Moritz posted:

im just gonna

##vote xad

Oh hey nevermind tm is here still.

Way to make me a liar when I didn't preview!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

Pera if you are town you should not want cops investigating you when they could be investigating possible scum instead.

This falls under the same logic as, if you are town you don't want the town to waste one of their precious executions on you either, when instead the town could execute someone whose alignment isn't guaranteed to be town.

These are rational, long-term objectives which are only possible to science after there is tangible evidence to gently caress with.

I'm not engaging you further because I don't entertain "just to be offended at it" arguments. You're wrong, that's my view, I've explained why, we're done. Whether I haven't been clear enough or you just haven't understood it, it makes zero difference to me.

I'll move my vote to prevent a nl but I'm not likely to otherwise. Additionally, if TNL and TM are scum together, they've picked a really lovely & rude tactic and I just don't approve of. If you're either or both town, I don't understand why you wouldn't be more patient / kinder to our literal faction-head let alone myself and the rest of the thread. It's got a prominent chilling effect which I am literally only saying as a snowball-in-hell toss.

namaste

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mithross posted:

Ok I skipped from page 12 to page 25 and then read from there because I can't read all that poo poo in the hour I have before work. I will get caught up during the battle/night, and we can try this again now that I am through the holiday bullshit.

This means I mostly just got 5 pages of tnl and tm.

Look upon your works, friends.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i only posted because i want to remind people of the deadline

not gonna be around at deadline

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
reminder to get your day actions if any in

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

The Ninth Layer posted:

Tired Moritz posted:

im just gonna

##vote xad

Bif: Hey let's not vote inf today, not really feeling it
People who want inf (and only inf?) dead: GUESS I'LL DIE

:negative: like at least tm isn't voting for inf still but jesus, there are 23 other people you can case and vote for, I get that it can be frustrating to be told "no" by confirmed town leader, but holy poo poo guys if you're actually town don't just give up

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Page 13. Inf just finished up that big post, and apparently TNL is still Inf's top scumread.

Infinitum posted:

tl;dr TNL is scum. Vote TNL

But right after that he mentions something else which will lead into a whole new derail:

Infinitum posted:

Bif can you do your JoBro a favour later and list out your top suspects as we approach deadline

I will do unspeakable things to one of them

Haha I forgot this post:

Tired Moritz posted:

infi is good at organizing their cases.

anyway, ##vote Xad. Would still vote RF.

See TNL, other people thought Inf laid his case out well! Though Tired doesn't seem to have been moved by it.

TNL then picks a particular point of Inf's big effortpost to address:

The Ninth Layer posted:

What is the contradiction here? Please explain and then I'll respond to the rest of your post if you want.

I better double check that part. What were the "two different things" Inf was quoting?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Also we're literally competing against another thread full of town players who I would like to win against, so I would like this thread to have better discussion than they do. This should be an incentive for everybody to bring their best to this game btw.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Btw Infinitum is dead wrong about townies concerning themselves with the other thread.

Every town player should at least be skimming the other thread to get a good idea of who their helpful players are aka who it's safe and good to shoot.

Yeah I don't see any contradiction here either tbf

The Ninth Layer posted:

Actually I will say this, comparing me to someone else who did something in some other game is not only a bad meta case, it's a bad meta case that applies to some completely different player in a setup that is also completely different.

I want to hear you explain this contradiction you spotted though because honestly I don't see it at all and would like to think you are just being obtuse Infinitum who I won't vote for and not duplicitous scum Infinitum which is what I was feeling earlier.

I also agree with TNL here that Inf's original case of "TNL did the same thing Birdstrike did once when he was scum in a different game" is a very weak case.

Infinitum posted:

I felt it an odd statement, this early in a game, where the ratio of whom to be targeting during Battle Phase.

At the moment our primary focus needs to be here.

Again, you're attempting to spin what I said.

I'm not comparing you with someone else.

I'm comparing your actions with similar actions scum were concerned with.

But I also believe Inf's response sounds sincere.

I'm gonna keep rereading in the background, I could see TNL as town just extra frustrated from knowing Inf's case is wrong. But goddamn I have not have good feels about him half the time.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
pera, open your heart and vote me. if you think tnl/me are scum, then vote me, kk?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Don't pull this tired crap (pun intended), you'll see in my last post I could still see you as quite possibly town. But you are so locked in not willing to do the same in considering Inf's alignment that it's increased my suspicion of you. Deal with it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

peramene posted:

These are rational, long-term objectives which are only possible to science after there is tangible evidence to gently caress with.

I'm not engaging you further because I don't entertain "just to be offended at it" arguments. You're wrong, that's my view, I've explained why, we're done. Whether I haven't been clear enough or you just haven't understood it, it makes zero difference to me.

I'll move my vote to prevent a nl but I'm not likely to otherwise. Additionally, if TNL and TM are scum together, they've picked a really lovely & rude tactic and I just don't approve of. If you're either or both town, I don't understand why you wouldn't be more patient / kinder to our literal faction-head let alone myself and the rest of the thread. It's got a prominent chilling effect which I am literally only saying as a snowball-in-hell toss.

namaste

My post was not shout you specifically but rather a statement about what then platonic ideal of a townie should do, addressed to you because your statements were the ones I wished to discuss.

I speak in rational, long term objectives because as a townie I think town players are better off when they play to those long term objectives and in ways that make for statistically stronger situations for the town.

I don't think there's anything there to disagree with.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Natural 20 posted:

I understand where you are coming from but all of your quotes are attempts at creating discussion which is essential on D1 and any day really. More to the point, I'm looking for reactions but you are looking at the wrong side of the equation here. I'm looking for who agrees with me and why and if it comes from a legitimate place. People might disagree with me, fine but what is their reasoning?

Now I've had plenty of discussion outside the posts you've mentioned. You will note that I'm not cherry picking my engagements but being engaged every time where I can be. It's not really scummy, it's proactive which can set off some alarm bells but it's better than being a lurker. I'm like, an anti lurker.

Speaking of which, yeah lurkers can just show up and save themselves D2 but there's no actual evidence to support that actually happening and is just paranoia. I believe that some lurkers are probably going to be executed by those rules. Nye just tripped some people up, for sure.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Don't pull this tired crap (pun intended), you'll see in my last post I could still see you as quite possibly town. But you are so locked in not willing to do the same in considering Inf's alignment that it's increased my suspicion of you. Deal with it.

I'm not quitting the game I'm just no longer going to be providing running commentary on your own running commentary since apparently you find it insincere. I'll wait for you to finish instead.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote tm inf still scumbo tho

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I wish I had a computer because phone posting sucks.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

peramene posted:

TNL is being a buttass but TM is straight up self-voting and "town bad!!!" and boy howdy do I just not have the patience for that ever

still tho ##vote TNL

this vote bad fam

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
kinda bullshit to really capitalize my p and then pretend to not have been specifically talking to me

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My phone auto capitalizes the start of sentences.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

this vote bad fam

go write some homoerotic fanfiction about birds

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
idk why pera would vote tnl if they dont have patience for me

i mean they did already vote for me :shrug:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

idk why pera would vote tnl if they dont have patience for me

i mean they did already vote for me :shrug:

scums more worried about TRL than you

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

peramene posted:

kinda bullshit to really capitalize my p and then pretend to not have been specifically talking to me

I was talking to you but not about you. Sorry if this was not clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
TM I'm gonna ask you as kindly as I can to just let my vote live where it's gonna, thanks

• Locked thread