Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Rougey posted:

Also pretty happy with how this one turned out:

That fat loving clown is here to wreck some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Sempai...

Rougey posted:

Also pretty happy with how this one turned out:

Oh my, so sad i'm nearly out of mask slots that i can't have Dr Rockso.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

DoombatINC posted:

The Opera mod for HL1 did this and it was baller. If you had the speed reload perk, you'd throw your empty pistols away and draw another matching pair.

http://youtu.be/MsuH1msEkvM?t=2m30s

Throwback topic: ghost tree

T6 change moving target to include pre-nerf suitdodge, worth every point. It would make gunning for the skill directly oppose the purpose of taking bulletproof, though.

But I think the John Wick was a tie-in with more than one purpose; the first was movie tie in for financial value, the second was to test run the additional heister before the actual heister dropped.

So far people have mentioned OVK employees as heisters(the 'farb excepted[he's not an employee anymore, but :v: ]), but really, it's possible that additional heisters can be a DLC vector, so ignoring the complaints about horrid file bloat related to every client having to retain pay-for characters, who would you like to see as additional heisters?

My entry is to retool the L4D cast as heisters. It's only fair for the whole Mercy Hospital thing, I would think. Plus Francis might be a fairly natural fit.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Tulip posted:

Oh my, so sad i'm nearly out of mask slots that i can't have Dr Rockso.

This is my number one wishlist item for the Halloween update. Didn't they quadruple the number of mask slots last Halloween? I could sure use that again.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mistle posted:

My entry is to retool the L4D cast as heisters. It's only fair for the whole Mercy Hospital thing, I would think. Plus Francis might be a fairly natural fit.
Nick, dude. Nick. "I'm sick... and tired... of bein' sick and tired! Somebody drop a med bag!"

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

The White Dragon posted:

Nick, dude. Nick. "I'm sick... and tired... of bein' sick and tired! Somebody drop a med bag!"

Plus Nick's already a crook. Let's give his criminal record more achievements.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
Oh no. OH NO. We cannot open this can of worms. The genie will not go back in the bottle.

The pager responses alone.

'Ohyeah nothingwronghere I was just talking with my buddy Keith about this one time that a pager went off by itself and-'
'Uh-huh, yeah, that's great, whatever.'

Or just Nick's general Nickness I guess.

'One of them bulldozer assholes!'

Nick...Nick does work too well. I'd rather not dwell on it.

Shady Amish Terror fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Oct 23, 2014

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Did they stealth nerf saws + unlimited ammo when you ammo bag? It works for everything but my saw.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
Ha, they nerfed Bulletstorm saws? Well, gee, I guess we wouldn't want people getting too much convenience out of this top-of-the-skill-tree tool for circumventing lengthy gameplay delays, now would we?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bulletstorm never worked with saws I'm pretty sure. And I mained Enforcer from day 1.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Manuel Calavera posted:

Bulletstorm never worked with saws I'm pretty sure. And I mained Enforcer from day 1.

This. The skill that you want for improving sawbitch is berserker and then damaging yourself via fall damage until you're near downed. As awesome as it would be, bulletstorm never worked for saw.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
So it turns out that changing your name to SEE JOHN WICK IN THEATERS gets you kicked from pubbie servers almost instantly

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
So, wait. I never really took Bulletstorm for any of my builds, because it seemed too gimmicky, but doesn't it seem like it would be REALLY loving OBVIOUS that Bulletstorm doesn't work with saws, if you tried it out? Why the gently caress do people keep telling me it does?

Yes, yes, I know, thread title. But still. drat.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Shady Amish Terror posted:

So, wait. I never really took Bulletstorm for any of my builds, because it seemed too gimmicky, but doesn't it seem like it would be REALLY loving OBVIOUS that Bulletstorm doesn't work with saws, if you tried it out? Why the gently caress do people keep telling me it does?

Yes, yes, I know, thread title. But still. drat.

Saws don't deplete when you don't actually hit something with them so maybe pubbies are just so dumb that they think they have it because they're sawing at the air. You know, sort of like how they're too dumb to realize that Keanu is great.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So is it Dallas doing a Keanu impression for Wick?

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
It really sounds like it. It's not obvious during most of the vocal call-outs, few and far between as they are, but the pager answers (which are also apparently all pretty boring, from what I've heard so far), well, they sound very clearly like Dallas' voice actor doing a weak Keanu impersonation.

Disclaimer, I have severely damaged hearing, so take my impression of that with a grain of salt.

I'll be honest, I hope they can either nab Keanu at some point for a couple hours of call-outs for his character, or at least go whole-hog and make tons of ridiculous movie references in their bestbad Neo impersonation, because what's in there so far is loving weak. The main thing Wick has going for him is the bizarre pubbie rage.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I don't get the complaints about pubbies. Every time I've played with random players, they've been pleasant or at worst silent; no one raged or abused kicking powers. Maybe I just got lucky though.

Anyway, what's the general opinion on the Rogue line? I like it, mostly for the huge dodge bonuses and weapon swap time reduction, but I feel that Blending In and Walk-in Closet clash with dodge. Because that line puts so much emphasis on dodge, if you don't use the suit, you're better off picking another line. But because you're using the suit, neither the reduction of armor slowness granted by Blending In nor the armor bag equipment are useful. I also find it extremely strange that Blending In gives Rogues only +1 concealment, but +5 concealment to Muscles (probably a mistake though.) Those two skills should be replaced, and maybe the 25% pierce chance part of the last skill too (because pierce is complete crap.)

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

Falsum posted:

I don't get the complaints about pubbies. Every time I've played with random players, they've been pleasant or at worst silent; no one raged or abused kicking powers. Maybe I just got lucky though.

Anyway, what's the general opinion on the Rogue line? I like it, mostly for the huge dodge bonuses and weapon swap time reduction, but I feel that Blending In and Walk-in Closet clash with dodge. Because that line puts so much emphasis on dodge, if you don't use the suit, you're better off picking another line. But because you're using the suit, neither the reduction of armor slowness granted by Blending In nor the armor bag equipment are useful. I also find it extremely strange that Blending In gives Rogues only +1 concealment, but +5 concealment to Muscles (probably a mistake though.) Those two skills should be replaced, and maybe the 25% pierce chance part of the last skill too (because pierce is complete crap.)

I wish they'd make pierce better. Maybe by making it punch through shields but that might be "too good".

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
According to Viklund's Twitter earlier, this guy is Keanu, not Bain nor Dallas.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Rogue really blows. It would actually be really quite nice if one of the dodge bonuses plus the capstone (pierce is poo poo, but weapon swap speed +80% is great) were crew skills.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Simon Viklund said this guy is Wick's VA:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0288387/?mode=desktop

It's hilarious that Wick will call out to the other heisters by name, but they don't acknowledge him at all. All of their "hey come here" lines are generic when targeting him.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Lester Shy posted:

Simon Viklund said this guy is Wick's VA:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0288387/?mode=desktop

It's hilarious that Wick will call out to the other heisters by name, but they don't acknowledge him at all. All of the "hey come here" lines are generic when targeting him.

Chains actually will call him Wick.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Shima Honnou posted:

Chains actually will call him Wick.

Chains is the only guy in the crew who gives a poo poo about Wick since they were army buddies, the other guys try to pretend he doesn't exist and only tolerate his presence because of Chains.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
Well, by playing with pubbies, you yourself are pubbing. It's not like pubbies are universally bad; it's just that your odds of running into shitheels without recourse is much higher without some sort of attached community recognition, and there's a lot of shitheels out there, which is almost always the case with any game.

Also, that's sort of surprising, as far as the VA, because it legitimately sounds like he's trying to sound like Dallas trying to sound like Keanu, which is an incredibly subtle troll an amusing coincidence.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Hey, John Wick is great, I don't care what the naysayers are slingin'. I am now able to play as a Hawaiian character in a game other than Civ 5 :colbert:

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
Somehow my stupid tired brain interpreted that to mean we clearly need the late great IZ as our next celebrity heister, complete with a Ukulele skill tree and the ability to block guard LOS in casing mode as mobile cover.

I should probably take a nap now because I am apparently a horrible person at the moment.

E: Insensitive fat joke aside, I would love to have a skill to distract guards with in casing mode, even if all it did was draw there LOS, that alone could be huge in some maps. Hell, if there's not any more fat to trim in the Mastermind tree, just add it to one of the Ghost skills to support your buddies with, that tree could always use some buffing.

Shady Amish Terror fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 23, 2014

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

The White Dragon posted:

Rogue really blows. It would actually be really quite nice if one of the dodge bonuses plus the capstone (pierce is poo poo, but weapon swap speed +80% is great) were crew skills.

Would a dodge crew skill really benefit anyone though? Everyone who relies on dodge should be using Rogue, everyone who doesn't is using armor, and all armors except the suit have -20% dodge or worse.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Falsum posted:

Would a dodge crew skill really benefit anyone though? Everyone who relies on dodge should be using Rogue, everyone who doesn't is using armor, and all armors except the suit have -20% dodge or worse.

I can only imagine that would help someone who's already running suit/rogue, and to be honest, after feeling the armor bonus of ICTV, aced Bulletproof, and some levels in Armorer, I don't think I'd want to even level Rogue, it'd just feel like a poor substitute compared to gradually becoming a Bulldozer.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
Crew skill: negate dodge penalties, usher in the return of the true invulnerable Ghostforcer (who would undoubtedly be more of a Techforcer in order to really max out that armor).

...I like my casing mode buff thing better, Overkill please do that, I love loving around unmasked on stealth heists, tia.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
What if Ghosts could pick up items, interact with stuff and do everything you could normally do masked?

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Shima Honnou posted:

I can only imagine that would help someone who's already running suit/rogue, and to be honest, after feeling the armor bonus of ICTV, aced Bulletproof, and some levels in Armorer, I don't think I'd want to even level Rogue, it'd just feel like a poor substitute compared to gradually becoming a Bulldozer.

Crew perks don't stack though, and they'd already have it.

Rogue, or rather relying on dodge instead of armor, is really different from other defenses because they allow the player to move really fast while having decent survivability. It's not just that you ignore 65% of the damage, but because you move significantly faster than ICTV users, you don't get shot at as much. You don't really want to tank damage with it, because unlucky rolls will screw you over.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

MariusLecter posted:

What if Ghosts could pick up items, interact with stuff and do everything you could normally do masked?

Then Ghost would be pretty useful instead of mostly laughable.

Falsum posted:

Crew perks don't stack though, and they'd already have it.

Rogue, or rather relying on dodge instead of armor, is really different from other defenses because they allow the player to move really fast while having decent survivability. It's not just that you ignore 65% of the damage, but because you move significantly faster than ICTV users, you don't get shot at as much. You don't really want to tank damage with it, because unlucky rolls will screw you over.

I'm pretty loving unlucky so I try to avoid anything that's inherently out of my control, such as chance to dodge. I'd rather tank the damage all day with armor than end up dunked on because the game decided I wasn't worthy.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

The issue would still be that Ghost is a non combat tree in a game 99% about shooting cops. The stealth/random item poo poo talents need to be condensed some more in favour of giving the tree more combat talents.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Well, since anything's better than just "Dodge better" as a perk, I figured I'd give it a try at fixing this poo poo deck.
For starters, we could just add in critical shots. Make the Rogue deck give better crits more likely. Probably throw in something for ghost that boosts crit damage or something.
Failing that, make it agility based. Faster run speeds with Elusive being the only dodge-oriented thing. Could probably be less detectable when running or something.
Failing even THAT, boost concealment. Rogues are good for sneaking in weapons, right? Like, maybe a boost for silenced weapons or knives or something. Added fun, let's just give all the armors the same concealment as the suit does.
Also, you could totally fit Dead Presidents into the deck system. Make something more viable in there.

Again, just suggestions. Don't wanna be too broken like "invisible while crouching" or "every gun is now silenced, suppressor or not".

MariusLecter posted:

Love it. "Oh, I'm just checking to see if this drill works by putting it on this safe." or "Oh I'm just boosting the reception here with this doodad."
And of course, "I'm just activating this timelock because GenSec let me. They also let me have exclusive access to your vault."

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mistle posted:

John Wick was a tie-in with more than one purpose; the first was movie tie in for financial value, the second was to test run the additional heister before the actual heister dropped.

So far people have mentioned OVK employees as heisters(the 'farb excepted[he's not an employee anymore, but :v: ]), but really, it's possible that additional heisters can be a DLC vector, so ignoring the complaints about horrid file bloat related to every client having to retain pay-for characters, who would you like to see as additional heisters?

A WWE crossover. I'd love to see Macho Man Randy Savage as a heister going "OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH everything is fine." over the pager.
Or Hogan spotting the shields with "IT'S THE WALL, BROTHER!"

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Kikas posted:

A WWE crossover. I'd love to see Macho Man Randy Savage as a heister going "OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH everything is fine." over the pager.
Or Hogan spotting the shields with "IT'S THE WALL, BROTHER!"

This guy gets it and I would pay money for this.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
OR John Cena as the cloaker who just clotheslines you instead of dropkicking and goes "The Champ's here!" when beating you on the ground.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Oct 23, 2014

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Shady Amish Terror posted:

E: Insensitive fat joke aside, I would love to have a skill to distract guards with in casing mode, even if all it did was draw there LOS, that alone could be huge in some maps. Hell, if there's not any more fat to trim in the Mastermind tree, just add it to one of the Ghost skills to support your buddies with, that tree could always use some buffing.

MariusLecter posted:

That first one I actually had as part of my skill revamp, and I thought I had something like the second, but actually not quite. (Honestly being able to do stuff in casing mode sounds way too strong when it applies and then becomes 100% worthless on maps where you can't be in casing mode.)

Since I keep bringing it up, here it is. It's old and terrible, with a few neat ideas seeded in. I've started thinking about making a new version, both in light of Overkill's recent random smattering of changes, and as part of the design talks that have been cropping up.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Oct 23, 2014

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Kikas posted:

OR John Cena as the cloaker who just clotheslines you instead of dropkicking and goes "The Champ's here!" when beating you on the ground.

He's gotta be invisible too, though. Because we can't see him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
No but real talk time: what heists and what changes you'd like to see with the Day/Night cycles when they drop? Hopefully during crimefest as well.
I'd love to see a day version of the Art Gallery, filled with civilians looking at art, but with some blank spaces at the wall. Midway through the heist, a truck drives up to the gallery, with more art. The guy riding with the art walks up to the front desk, goes back to the truck with a guard, and then both of them carry the art to the camera room. Gives LOTS of potential.

Also it never made sense to me how Day 1 Watchdogs is during the day, and when you arrive at the docks it's nighttime, so I hope they fix that and make it a little bit more interesting, like maybe the warehouse is open, but full of boxes in transit during daytime, making it you can only access the catwalks above from the outside. Or maybe smaller ships are at all the docks, and the loot boat positions it so you have to get through that small ship.

• Locked thread