Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So Tenmiyouji and K can't be on the same team, and Phi hates Dio, and if left alone the fox will eat the chicken...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Bruceski posted:

So Tenmiyouji and K can't be on the same team, and Phi hates Dio, and if left alone the fox will eat the chicken...

And some people said this type of metagame was easier to follow than basic arithmetic of base-n digits :colbert:

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

quote:

No... No, that's not it...
Don't you get it?
We aren't going to die...
We have to die...
We have to die here...
All of us...

Remember how in 999 June got a "fever" whenever you'd made a wrong turn toward the true ending? Do you suppose this is something similar?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

xxlicious posted:

I think we need to go with Option Clover here.

Why we should go with Clover: First of all, Clover and Alice are clearly very plot-relevant. . .

Hey, everybody was plot-relevant in 999, why not assume the same for this game?

(I voted for Mission Variant Clover too, though.)

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
There's no question that everyone will turn out to be plot-relevant, what with K's suspicious amnesia (possibly used to containment suit and thus a survivor of the epidemic), and Tenmyouji's obvious connection to the corpse (maybe his wife?), but I guess I was thinking more of following up plot questions from 999, haha.

beru04 posted:

Man, there is no way that can be a coincidence, so I hope we go with Luna this round cause I want to see what the deal is with her.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too actually. I wonder if Luna and/or Quark is trying to make a closed time-loop like June was in the first game i.e. "I saw Sigma making the choices therefore I must encourage Sigma to do so again". Bleh.

Or Luna is Zero II and she set this up precisely in order to force Sigma to make choices that will determine whether other people live or die, for whatever reason.

Poulpe posted:

Remember how in 999 June got a "fever" whenever you'd made a wrong turn toward the true ending? Do you suppose this is something similar?

There IS that parallel there, yeah, but this implies that the very first choice we made got us off the true end, doesn't it? If that's the case, I would've expected him to break down right after the first round of the AB game, actually, when the results were announced.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Poulpe posted:

A quark is a very tiny thing. Almost negligible, almost... zero. :v:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'm just wondering, but what the hell are those things on Quark's hat?

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Green Intern posted:

We don't know.

judgementbringer
Oct 9, 2012

Green Intern posted:

I'm pretty sure he keeps snacks and stuff in those. Practical, but very goofy.

Also, from the poll, it looks like the LP is going down the same path I took in my first playthrough. And I find this hilarious, for some reason.

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
From the 999 thread:

...They actually look like side-view mirrors to me. drat.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

judgementbringer posted:

I'm pretty sure he keeps snacks and stuff in those. Practical, but very goofy.

Also, from the poll, it looks like the LP is going down the same path I took in my first playthrough. And I find this hilarious, for some reason.

I'm really happy that it's going down that route, too; happy and amused.

distactedOne
Oct 29, 2012
They look like speakers to me. :shrug:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Clearly they're weights to build up his neck strength.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
For some reason I'm seeing bolts, like Frankenstein. Quark must be another AI set against Zero.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
It's clearly like those drink hats, and he's got juice or something in them. He just hasn't taken out the straws.

Or they're antenna/trasmitters so that he can talk to Zero III using only his mind.

Most likely we're going on a terrible end path. Why would Quark have to respond immediately? On the other hand, it could be him realizing that on the path we're on, everyone will die. He starts freaking out right after K and Ten arguing/the chromatic door '1 minute' announcement. I'm guessing that key to not everyone dying is K and Ten getting along. At least, getting along for now. Since there's apparently a ton of endings to this game, it would make sense if Quark wouldn't be able to remember all of what happens right away.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kgummy posted:

It's clearly like those drink hats, and he's got juice or something in them. He just hasn't taken out the straws.

Or they're antenna/trasmitters so that he can talk to Zero III using only his mind.

Most likely we're going on a terrible end path. Why would Quark have to respond immediately? On the other hand, it could be him realizing that on the path we're on, everyone will die. He starts freaking out right after K and Ten arguing/the chromatic door '1 minute' announcement. I'm guessing that key to not everyone dying is K and Ten getting along. At least, getting along for now. Since there's apparently a ton of endings to this game, it would make sense if Quark wouldn't be able to remember all of what happens right away.

Look at what he said closely. Poulpe quoted the relevant part a few posts up, but I'll post it here anyways:

Quark posted:

No... No, that's not it...
Don't you get it?
We aren't going to die...
We have to die...
We have to die here...
All of us...

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

xxlicious posted:

There's no question that everyone will turn out to be plot-relevant, what with K's suspicious amnesia (possibly used to containment suit and thus a survivor of the epidemic), and Tenmyouji's obvious connection to the corpse (maybe his wife?), but I guess I was thinking more of following up plot questions from 999, haha.

Looking at the update before last, Quark claims not to know who the dead woman is; but Tenmyouji definitely seems to know both her and Quark. So either Tenmyouji wasn't that close to her (maybe they were co-workers or old friends), or Quark is lying. Psychic flashes or no, I trust that kid less and less.

The way I interpret Quark's trance (assuming he isn't faking it) is that Zero III lied about the function of the bracelets and the goal of the game. Going through the 9 door won't accomplish anything; getting everyone to 0 points (which doesn't actually result in death) is the only way to win.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Kgummy posted:

The odds are likely that we're on a horrible end, certainly. I hope that they don't repeat the identical plot twist from 999 for Quark - if only because that would be too repetitive. Plus, we've only made two path-affecting choices, and only gone through 1 door. I think that's a bit too soon for the game to start shouting "You lose."

I'm not sure how forcing Ten and K to get along would work. I suppose you could have picked Alice for the first door, forcing Ten and K together, but I'm not sure that would help since K and Clover picked Betray, and that was against Clover's friend Alice.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Kangra posted:

I don't see how that's a motive for either K or Tenmyouji to Ally. That pairing is a stalemate, but it might be better than risking other matchups.

I misread your original post pretty bad, ignore everything I said :v:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The odds are likely that we're on a horrible end, certainly. I hope that they don't repeat the identical plot twist from 999 for Quark - if only because that would be too repetitive. Plus, we've only made two path-affecting choices, and only gone through 1 door. I think that's a bit too soon for the game to start shouting "You lose."
To be fair, 999 only had three path-affecting choices throughout the entire game.

Out of curiosity, Fedule, when are you planning to show what the Flow button does? I would have expected you to show it off long before now.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Out of curiosity, Fedule, when are you planning to show what the Flow button does? I would have expected you to show it off long before now.

It's really better to show it off once we actually use it. No point otherwise.

judgementbringer
Oct 9, 2012

Bruceski posted:

It's really better to show it off once we actually use it. No point otherwise.

Plus, if Fedule were to show it off, it would skew the voting quite a bit. Seeing it sort of gives you indirect spoilers.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Here's a spoiler that isn't really a spoiler:
one of the gold files explains Quark's hat.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

xxlicious posted:

From the 999 thread:

...They actually look like side-view mirrors to me. drat.

Sigma was running out of ideas so he just wrote BAD on his shirt.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Green Intern posted:

Rockets :black101:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I just noticed that Sigma has a grenade patch on his left shoulder. Apparently he's a goon :v:

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
My question is, where's K's left leg?

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Nanomashoes posted:

Sigma was running out of ideas so he just wrote BAD on his shirt.

Hey he just woke up in a murder game with an Egyptian Queen, Little Miss Psychic, a Robot Space Marine, Little Miss Flintstones, Son of Inspector Gadget and a Circus Ringleader, meanwhile he's stuck just wearing his work overalls. Of course he had to do something to stand out a little.

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID

Tarezax posted:

I just noticed that Sigma has a grenade patch on his left shoulder. Apparently he's a goon :v:

Anarchy symbol, X-Men symbol, naked woman silhouette. Yep, he checks out.

Leveling
Oct 30, 2012

xxlicious posted:

From the 999 thread:

If we attribute a number for each character, going from left to right, we have:
0: Zero III
1: Luna (Too nice to not be suspicious)
2: K (Is suspected of being Snake)
3: Quark
4: Tenmyouji
5: Phi (Seems to receive informations from the morphogenetic field?)
6: Sigma
7: Clover
8: Alice (Who was suspected of being a mummy last time? :v: )
9: Dio

It may just be a coincidence, but it seems to me those numbers fit with the 999 character's number.
Through that would mean Quark and Sigma are the true Zero. :tinfoil:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Leveling posted:

Through that would mean Quark and Sigma are the true Zero. :tinfoil:
It's obvious; Sigma underwent hypnosis or something to forget the Zero-relevant memories, and Quark is the controller and his hat is actually a brainwash device so he acts naturally. Make him take it off and see what happens.

ed: Except we can't do that because as Zero we have our behavioral paths programmed beforehand. This is all a game :tinfoil:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

xxlicious posted:

There IS that parallel there, yeah, but this implies that the very first choice we made got us off the true end, doesn't it? If that's the case, I would've expected him to break down right after the first round of the AB game, actually, when the results were announced.

Choosing Door 5 in 999 immediately locks you out of the True Ending for that playthrough, but Akane still behaves normally throughout the game.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
The polls are neck and neck between taking Luna and taking Clover. Luna's pulled into a 3 vote lead at the moment.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Fools! We want to see how other characters interact. We've already seen Luna once this playthrough. Anyway, we need to see what Clover's deal is.

e: Fedule, what's up with the title of the non-puzzle room updates? It looks like some sort of DOS line, but I can't be sure.

Alberenza
Mar 28, 2013

Added Space posted:

My question is, where's K's left leg?

His red robe covers it.

I was wondering how the flow chart was going to work in the RP... I'd like to ask a question but it may have spoilers in terms of how the game is experienced and translated into the LP, but alas I'll have to wait, I'm sure it will get answered soon enough.

Must say the poll results are pretty funny right now.
EDIT: Oh my bad looks like we have a new lead.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

GeneralYeti posted:

Fools! We want to see how other characters interact. We've already seen Luna once this playthrough. Anyway, we need to see what Clover's deal is.

e: Fedule, what's up with the title of the non-puzzle room updates? It looks like some sort of DOS line, but I can't be sure.

Whenever there is a decision branch (ie picking a door, or choosing to ally/betray someone,) that line is added to, so we can keep track of what path we took to get where we are.

You'll notice the most recent says "/Magenta/Ally/.."
That is because we chose the magenta door and allied with Luna.

e: The "sigma$ cd" bit is just a cute way of saying "which path is sigma going to take next?" In I think Linux (?) the standard console line is "accountName$", and cd is a command that means "take me into this folder."

So, for example,
~/magenta/ally sigma$ cd murderEveryoneInstead
would take you to
~/magenta/ally/murderEveryoneInstead
(On an actual computer. This is likely not an option for this LP.)

Poulpe fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 13, 2013

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
The kicker is that CD can stand for either
  • Change Directory - the *nix command for moving through a filesystem
  • Chromatic Door
  • Cooperate/Defect - commonly used phrasing for the two options in the Prisoner's Dilemma
What I'm saying is, this is probably the most effort I've put into an ongoing pun since Daein.

Fedule fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 14, 2013

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

This makes sense. A remarkable amount of sense.

Huh.

HangedManArcana
Dec 12, 2012

...T...Thank you.

Fedule posted:

The kicker is that CD can stand for either
  • Change Directory - the *nix command for moving through a filesystem
  • Chromatic Door
  • Cooperate/Deny - commonly used phrasing for the two options in the Prisoner's Dilemma
What I'm saying is, this is probably the most effort I've put into an ongoing pun since Daein.

So, the titles are programming languages for files? I'm curious, when you get to the endings are they going to be something along the lines of "trueending.exe" Or the like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
By all means continue asking me to tell you about throwaway jokes I'm going to make in the future.

• Locked thread