Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Coming from me, it's complete bollocks. Was just looking at the crime stats thinking 'O, only 18 rapes in our borough this year?! Thats not bad' then I looked again and realized that's just in May.

Also 46 hate crimes last month....

That reminds me, the local Swedish (actual real life) nazi party is having a demo soon in Stockholm. It is going to be a clusterfuck of nazis vs antifascists and I will be as far away from that place as possible.

Still, I am hoping for some sweet police brutality on the news :munch:

Another stupid question: Which unruly demonstrator would you beat the hardest, the nazi or the antifascist? Or would you just watch and take bets on who wins the fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I would def beat the nazi the hardest but visiting the site of a concentration camp will do that to you

Also I had an awkward conversation with a partner once where I expressed that sentiment, and I thought he was agreeing with me. Until he expressed sympathy for the neonazis and said he'd "gladly sit back and watch them express themselves on those hippies". :stare:

Thankfully he left our agency. He was like the only dude I could have a reasonably informed conversation about guns with at work though. :smith:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

DrakeriderCa posted:

a reasonably informed conversation about guns with at work

such a rare thing in law enforcement, sssoooo many wrong dumb opinions :(

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

beanieson posted:

such a rare thing in law enforcement, sssoooo many wrong dumb opinions :(

I know

It was such a tease. I finally find a guy who's informed and intelligible and he turns out to be a virulent xenophobe. :( gunowners.txt

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Scotland needs to calm down. I need my sweet sweet Laphroaig and I don't want any international disputes getting in the way of that.

Is it really that bad? I picture Scotland as a place of rolling grassy hills laden with sheep and burly men with thick sweaters. Have I been seeing it wrong?

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

GunForumMeme posted:

Scotland needs to calm down. I need my sweet sweet Laphroaig and I don't want any international disputes getting in the way of that.

Is it really that bad? I picture Scotland as a place of rolling grassy hills laden with sheep and burly men with thick sweaters. Have I been seeing it wrong?

I was in Glasgow for less than an hour the other day before I saw a fight break out for seemingly no reason in the middle of the day.
It spilled out into the road and the local traffic just drove around them.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I liked Scotland the couple of times I visited there. :shrug:

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I liked Scotland the couple of times I visited there. :shrug:

Probably all the men in skirts kilts.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

GunForumMeme posted:

Such awesome and fine drinks will continue to be produced right up until the world ends or Scotland falls into the sea.

The countryside is truly beautiful and some of the people are unique, a touch fighty to each other granted, but that's also in part attributable to alcohol so refer back to my first sentence.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
as a (white) foreigner, what are the chances i'd get headbutted or smashed with a beer bottle in glasgow?

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Branis posted:

as a (white) foreigner, what are the chances i'd get headbutted or smashed with a beer bottle in glasgow?

You'd almost certainly be fine in all honesty as long as you didn't go anywhere really lovely or go out of your way to piss people off

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Branis posted:

just grunt and don't speak in an american accent

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

moosepoop posted:

Another stupid question: Which unruly demonstrator would you beat the hardest, the nazi or the antifascist? Or would you just watch and take bets on who wins the fight?

Well, I'm supposed to remain fair and impartial but I'd be looking for any excuse to fight an actual Nazi.

I've locked up two Neo-Nazis but they're kinda rare in NYC. They both went quietly.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Branis posted:

Tiny assuming you stay in the city centre/nice areas. Straying into the schemes would be ill advised. They would identify me as an outsider never mind an American.

It's an incredibly friendly city, just a bad reputation in the past and some decreasing issues with poverty and drugs and continuing issues with alcohol and sectarianism.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
The sort of place that you might get a Glasgow kiss or chibbed is the sort of place that you would look at from the outside and think, "That place looks a bit ropey, maybe I'll trot up the road" It's the same in London, Belfast, Manchester, Birmingham etc.

In Cardiff you can get a kicking at short notice anywhere thanks to the valley commandos and the same in barrack towns like Colechester, Portsmouth, Plymouth (the Royal Marines will fight you and then rape you, not always in that order)

I have very slight London accent and different lingo that puts me in far more danger than a septic one.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
i'm from the rural upper midwest, I wouldn't recognize a bad neighborhood unless it has double wide trailers and feral dogs.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur

Hezzy posted:

just grunt and don't speak in an american accent

Americans don't have an accident you funny talking tea-drinker. Californians least of all. I should know, I've lived here my whole life!

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

SrgMagnum posted:

Americans don't have an accident you funny talking tea-drinker. Californians least of all. I should know, I've lived here my whole life!

It is pretty messed up how English people can't even speak their own language correctly.

:911::respek::911:

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Branis posted:

i'm from the rural upper midwest, I wouldn't recognize a bad neighborhood unless it has double wide trailers and feral dogs.

Bad news is the same the world over. I'm sure you'd pick up on the change.

Had to let an American tourist know the other day that walking about swinging his very fancy and large digital camera was ill advisable in general never mind our area. Better safe than sorry and all that

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
So what do the police mean when they say they are investigating a fatal shooting as an "unintended incident?"

Is it suicide or did they accidentally get shot by a family member?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

So what do the police mean when they say they are investigating a fatal shooting as an "unintended incident?"

Is it suicide or did they accidentally get shot by a family member?

Well if it was suicide the implication is that it was intended. I'd probably go with an accidental discharge

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hezzy posted:

Well if it was suicide the implication is that it was intended. I'd probably go with an accidental discharge

That's what I was thinking. One of my favorite professors died this morning from a shooting last night.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
"Cleaning my gun whoops I shot and killed my wife!"

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Hezzy posted:

:eng101:Negligent discharge. An accidental discharge is a mechanical defect causing the gun to go off on its own. A negligent discharge is a mental defect loving around with his finger on the trigger.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Mad Dragon posted:

:eng101:Negligent discharge. An accidental discharge is a mechanical defect causing the gun to go off on its own. A negligent discharge is a mental defect loving around with his finger on the trigger.

:patriot:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Boot polish: Kiwi or Lincoln?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Kiwi Parade Gloss

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Kiwi. Although I've never heard of Lincoln so I couldn't tell you if it's good.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

The sort of place that you might get a Glasgow kiss or chibbed is the sort of place that you would look at from the outside and think, "That place looks a bit ropey, maybe I'll trot up the road"

I assure you this is not something I'll ever think.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

JayKay posted:

Making a lower ranking person do it for you, and then not paying them

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Parade gloss and top it off with a couple layers of neutral.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

JayKay posted:

Neither, ride dirty.

Branis if anyone asks just tell them you are Canadian. You're close enough to the border you should be able to toss out a decent Canadian / Fargo accent.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Usually I did four layers or regular kiwi black. With each layer go over it with a lighter to soften the polish. The fifth layer would be parade gloss w/ the silicone and then buffed with a horse hair brush and a nylon stocking.

I really want to try leather luster though.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Whale Cancer posted:

Neither, ride dirty.

Dirty Boots Club :whatup:

If you got time to polish your boots, you ain't doin police work. :bustem:

MeatForBones
Jul 9, 2012

moosepoop posted:

That reminds me, the local Swedish (actual real life) nazi party is having a demo soon in Stockholm. It is going to be a clusterfuck of nazis vs antifascists and I will be as far away from that place as possible.

Still, I am hoping for some sweet police brutality on the news :munch:

I remember A year or so back in Manchester when there was a fascist rally the police got involved and the Fascists complained of Police Brutality. Surely that's the point?

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Dirty Boots Club :whatup:

If you got time to polish your boots, you ain't doin police work. :bustem:

:v::hf::v:

The last time I got a new pair of boots I came in for pre-shift squad and someone commented on them so I immediately started scuffing the poo poo out of them :smug:

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae
I always think, when there's a possibility in a shift at work I may have to tell someone their loved one is dead it's only right I don't look like a sack of poo poo. A quick layer of polish then a buff on the boots isn't too much to do.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I keep a pair for court and a pair for work. The court pair don't see much use unless my court day is my work day (rare), I usually just wear a suit.

Also I'll never make death notifications (for the foreseeable future) so.. yeah.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
Well the problem is that I pretty much look like a sack of poo poo with or without shiny boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

deratomicdog posted:

Well the problem is that I pretty much look like a sack of poo poo with or without shiny boots.

We all have our own style!

Mind you I don't buy into the whole if you have shiny shoes folk won't fight with you.

• Locked thread