Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rarity posted:

I'm feeling good about Taste from him screwing around with this early claim. When he's scum he prefers to stay detached on D1 to play up to his meta.

I don't like this opinion on TT. I don't really see how TT isn't "detached". He's hardly contributing to scum hunting and I don't understand why him making some jokes on D1 would give anyone a good feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

yuming posted:

I'm just being snippy, but my point is the same one wins made earlier-- there are over 20 people in this game but there is a smaller central circle of players who have actual content.

Below this line I am no longer just being a smartass.

---------------------------

This is actual me tooing! And by that I mean Epsilon upgrades his vote after it gains support, which is scummy.

This is the post that prompted me to look at EP and also that left him off my previous LOL POINTLESS list.

The opinions in this post all could go either way and that's scummy. Would vote.

I agree with this assessment of EP and would vote him as well.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ernie. posted:

You're wrong! This is where you're wrong!

Yuming usually, yes, lurks a little only to come in whenever and post multiple opinions on multiple people, finally coming down to a preference of voting order. Look at any of her past few games. She'll chronologically read the thread and point out scummy things.

This game she didn't do that. She put up the pretense of doing that and focused on me. I simply don't care for someone who won't play the game. I enjoy playing with Yuming, but that involves Yuming actually playing the game, not posting or casing people out of a sense of misplaced responsibility.

Ernie, why are you so heavily focused on yuming "not playing the game" when there are plenty of other people you could criticise for that, but aren't. Your focus on yuming is feeling really OMGUS-y to me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Meinberg comes back into the game with some terribly scummy posts.

Meinberg posted:

Hey guys, I've finally caught up. I will admit to being just as lost as I was before, but now there's some more meat for me to be confused about and hopefully put into context later on.

Meinberg posted:

I think that Diqnol, Byers, and merk are probably all town, and unless something more concrete emerges, I probably won't be voting for any of them.

I feel less certain about yuming/Ernie, especially since Ernie's inventor claim was not verified, which coupled with his fake claim makes me feel uncertain about him.

First he's all "oh noes, i'm still confused about everything". Then he makes a town alignment call on 3 of the main poster's without explaining a single part of his though process or reasoning on that alignment call. Lastly he's not "certain" about yuming and Ernie but wont refer to any of their posts in game, only the mechanics around Ernie's second claim.

I think Meinberg is a good lynch option for today.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

How are you this bad at reading comprehension? Here I'll help you through it

Statement: I don't think Byers would do this if he was scum
Observation: Byers is indeed doing this
Conclusion: I do think Byers would do this if he was town

This is not hard!

Somber's point was that you were only making alignment calls without expanding or explaining why. I thought his point was good, as it's easy to back away from opinions when you haven't really put yourself out there for them.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Another awful post from Meinberg. Although his tone overall towards wins is quite negative, he doesn't actually make a definitive alignment call on wins. He hedges with statements like "this could be entirely innocent" and "part of me feels". It's a non-opinion that he can easily continue to push or back away from as required.

Meinberg posted:

This is a good idea. I decided to take a look through wins posting to see what I came up with.

He has a lot of relatively anemic posts, with not a lot of backing behind them, but still strong in his convictions. I'm highlighting this post in specific for the latter part, mostly. Rather than go into details in regards to his thoughts, he keeps things to the point.

This could be entirely innocent.

Part of me, though, feels like he wants to draw heat to players, while not doing the heavy lifting himself, and therefor appear relatively innocent if they flip town. There's a lot of stuff in his history along a similar vein, and once the larger arguments starting getting going, he's withdrawn from the conversation.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ernie. posted:

The most complicated thought Meinberg has ever had was 'Should I press the ? button under wins's post to make up content' and he found that the answer was yes.

Bravo.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ok I'm all caught up. I think Meinberg is by far the scummiest player in the game so far. ##unvote. ##vote Meinberg

I am still suspicious of Rarity, but not quite as much as Mein.

I think Ernie came out worst in the yuming/Ernie debate. I think he misrepresented yuming's posting. Was leaning scum on him, but then I agree with his thoughts on Mein so I'm waffling on my opinion now.

I liked byers content on yuming/Ernie but didn't like his posting with merk. Again, waffling on my opinion here, but leaning town, I think.

I feel good about Rascyc, he is having a lot of the same thoughts as me.

I would like to lynch Meinberg --> Rarity --> EP today. After those 3 I'm not certain.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
After sleeping on it, I still think mekr's scummy, but we're into the stretch where we need to come to a consensus, and I do not think we'll get enough votes on merk. Rather than have a last minute "who can we vote for with the people here before deadline," let's switch to ##vote EP.

Catching up...

Somberbrero posted:

one person you should think is town is yourself!

why would you redirect me to the Ghost of Ernie past to prove your point? maybe you're just playing a couple levels above me but claiming unprompted to take heat off a couple players you don't know are town and try to catch out merk with a dumb point doesn't sound like a good idea.

I'm stuck on motivation; why would scum Ernie make that claim to protect me? Especially after Diqnol and I had that long breadcrumb and back and forth in the thread?

Rascyc posted:

What about the rest of what Opop said about his vote?

Opop and I also had an extended conversation about Rarity's point against him. The initial votes/cases were easy like Rarity said, but there's been no return to look at that with Opop's later posts considered.

merk posted:

I think I said something about bowmore lurking earlier.

On the one hand, lynching a lurker would send a message that lurking isn't tolerated. On the other hand, it's random as to if we hit scum and gives us little to no information going into tomorrow. I wish someone had a gun.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I've been utterly ignoring Meinberg, I realized. I could vote Meinberg as well.

Ernie. posted:

The most complicated thought Meinberg has ever had was 'Should I press the ? button under wins's post to make up content' and he found that the answer was yes.

This post is gold.

EccoRaven posted:

I've been so busy modding this game :negative:

I'll post a case tonight.

You should case Mills.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I cannot begin to delve into this unreasonable heap of posts currently other than to say that I think one of the three of Byers, Meinberg and Rarity is probably scum based on my current reads. Somber is probably town. Maybe. It is hard because a gross majority of the thread hasn't posted enough. I'm really hoping D2 gives us more information to work off of. And more people posting.

Thoughts of EP on me prior to this post: "You seem to be acting helpfully and you bring up some good points."

Thoughts of EP on Meinberg prior to this post: "Also Meinberg's analysis post feels pretty limp. But it's also day 1. Not much to work with."

Thoughts of EP on Rarity prior to this post: Ummmm

These are EP's top scum picks.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Dammit, Ecco game.

##unvote
##vote EP

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

can I use :rolleyes: or is that Considered Scummy too

:allears:

yuming posted:

I would vote wins for this.

I gave him benefit of the doubt due to personal meta (he shot me in jokephase for being awkward, and he said he believes the first read is usually the best), but I can see where that would get your back up. I'm more interested what wins is going to say/do when he gets back to the thread.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning dears.

I miss my extra sleep ;;;;

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
A Stern Prod has been sent to the following players:

- bowmore
- kaschei
- Asiina
- Chic

They are encouraged to post more!

:d: The deadline is in ~14 hours from this post.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

A Stern Prod has been sent to the following players:

- bowmore
- kaschei
- Asiina
- Chic

They are encouraged to post more!

:d: The deadline is in ~14 hours from this post.

Posting without making a case again, Ecco. I'm expecting that Mills case in your next post!

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Byers' play makes a lot more sense in the context of his claim. I'm willing to give it a day to see if the items cause any problems.

##unvote Byers

yuming is predictably going after me which happens in pretty much every game where we're both town, so I feel a lot better about her alignment than I did before.

I need to reread to figure out where to put my vote. At this point I'm inclined to vote someone with a low post count just to prevent the game from degenerating into a bunch of lurkers.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Meinberg

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

merk posted:

Meinberg

Why Meinberg over EP in your eyes?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Does Meinberg always do this wishy washy "A but on the other hand B" crap?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Firstly, I don't want to vote for EP or wins. I'll maybe kick at myself postgame because I see reasons to vote for either but I feel empty when I think about voting them. M' heart says they're town.

yuming posted:

I want to take this moment to say Diqnol seems the most sincere out of high postcount-ers.

Yes. True and Sincere :sun:

Being Facetious are we? It's the truth. I've been chasing people around so much that I go back to reads I previously had - rarity, for example - and feel like I've lost the thread I was holding to unwind them. As of this moment, I'd vote for merk, Somber, Rarity (though I'm less comfortable), bowmore. Maybe yuming or Ernie but as of this moment I'm interested in bith seeing the next game day.

I can't shake this sinking feeling about TNL. I don't remember Byers' case compelling me at all and my reads of him have been mostly neutral but there's something there. I'm putting it on the back burner for now because I remember I used to have this inherent distrust of him back when we were both active so it probably doesn't even bear mentioning, but it's how I feel.

quote:

merk and wins and Ninth hammering at Byers is a really weird, kinda off putting direction for the thread.

This is a strange game. Can I say that again? Oh wait, I don't loving care if I can or not I'm going to!

There is a very forceful dialogue going on in an almost mandated way by Oh Bringers of Content who all hate Byers gently caress they hate Byers for scum so bad. And Rarity. And were/are suspicious of me.

On the other end, we have the lurkers I made this lovely lol so funny post about.

It's like this weird, homogeneous, but also dense mess.

I see a flicker of town in Diqnol and Byers. And something is wrong with wins' posting I hate THAT POST (you know the one).

Like, I understand the objective of this post. It's not a bad one. It just feels like when she wrote it, she wrote it to look townie rather than to find scum. Could be because I feel horrible things where she throws in that Wins part.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

For now ##unvote

I'm going to reread the entire thread, again.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

True and Real posted:

For now ##unvote

I'm going to reread the entire thread, again.

RIP

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I was being sincere!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Merk and Diqnol

This was my first real scum ping from Keane. He has a history of buddying up with me as scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

Nope, I'm VT. Also that's an incredibly lovely role.

I wholly believe this claim.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

It'll get shittier the more you talk about it so hush up. Ernest made his claim early and I don't think this needs to go further than what he's said.

I don't think this is a town post.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

True and Real posted:

Awfully quiet in here. Content game!

Everyone name two people you would cop out of the gate in this game.

This is what my post was in response to, and TAKE A LOOK, I named the two most frequent posters in the thread, and good targets for knowing their alignment.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Meinberg posted:

I have failed the game of mafia

well goodbye

I don't see Scumberg making this post. He's too scared when he rolls scum to humanly interact.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Feeling better about Somber, worse about Ernie

Bad feelings wrt Kaschei

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

This is what my post was in response to, and TAKE A LOOK, I named the two most frequent posters in the thread, and good targets for knowing their alignment.

Scum Keane tells me things I want to hear. The last time I felt this way I ignored it and, hey, you were scum!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

True and Real posted:

Scum Keane tells me things I want to hear. The last time I felt this way I ignored it and, hey, you were scum!

I honestly don't remember this happening, what game is this?

Because I think the last game we were in together was the soldiers game, and you kept calling me scum and I kept insulting you and then we won the game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

True and Real posted:

He jumped into the game with a pr claim, a post restriction to lighten his move, and an immediate shift to someone else. That makes sense to me as scum, less so as town. It says he doesn't want us to believe his claim, but also that we should, and also that he doesn't care who is lynched. His response to my accusation is also bad.

I was wrong about the PR but the rest of this I still agree with.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

True and Real posted:

Also I do have to say I find the line "Scum Keane tells me thing I want to hear" to be really funny, like I whisper in your ear that I think you're beautiful and mean the world to me before pushing you in front of an incoming train.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I honestly don't remember this happening, what game is this?

Because I think the last game we were in together was the soldiers game, and you kept calling me scum and I kept insulting you and then we won the game.

It was at least a year ago. I remember it happening distinctly, but as I said sometime earlier in this thread, it is very rare that I'll remember a thread's name. Sorry.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Holy poo poo was I in a bad mood.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

True and Real posted:

It was at least a year ago. I remember it happening distinctly, but as I said sometime earlier in this thread, it is very rare that I'll remember a thread's name. Sorry.

The only game I can find where I was scum and you were town was ecco's 42BC France game.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3563552&userid=131296

Please point out where I am buddying up to you.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

You've been trying way too hard the entire game. It's pretty obvious you're doing it intentionally. Why do you then need to make these coaching posts where you feel you have to walk people through why the content you're providing is so beneficial to the thread?

I still really, really dislike this post.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Uh Diqnol was a 3pish evilish thing in that game

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

Uh Diqnol was a 3pish evilish thing in that game

No poo poo?

Diqnol I believe I have never been scum in a game where you are town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

For ease of evaluating this:

Here is your game history:

http://votefinder.org/player/diqnol

Here is my game history:

http://votefinder.org/player/cckeane

• Locked thread