Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Didn't see this posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI9_FmE109I&feature=youtu.be&t=2757 Dana partied with the Diazes once and he jokingly put Nate in a clinch, and Nate got legit pissed and Nick had to save Dana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Chris James 2 posted:

Didn't see this posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI9_FmE109I&feature=youtu.be&t=2757 Dana partied with the Diazes once and he jokingly put Nate in a clinch, and Nate got legit pissed and Nick had to save Dana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cnQ7U0aXO8&t=24s

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

In hindsight its probably a good thing the kennedy and the cerrone fights got cancelled in terms of card length.

Shame though because they wouldve been good.

Conor is legit and I'll always love to see him compete. Ive been a bit critical of him in the past but I dont think its a stretch to call him p4p top 5 of all time at this point.

T ferg fight would be cool as hell, khabib fight, same I'd watch him fight anyone at this point.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

BlindSite posted:

In hindsight its probably a good thing the kennedy and the cerrone fights got cancelled in terms of card length.

Shame though because they wouldve been good.

Conor is legit and I'll always love to see him compete. Ive been a bit critical of him in the past but I dont think its a stretch to call him p4p top 5 of all time at this point.

T ferg fight would be cool as hell, khabib fight, same I'd watch him fight anyone at this point.

Cerrone going to another card helps that anemic look things had until the big end of the year card too.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Bisping beating hendo is more impressive than conor beating Alvarez, but conor beating aldo is at least as impressive as bisping beating Anderson.

Hendo is everything conor claims to be ie two division champion, willing to fight dudes significantly bigger than him, fight at any weight division, belief in his team, belief in his best weapons, etc

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Mr. Nice! posted:

5'7" vs 5'10" both have 70" reach advantage.

i didn't know mr fantastic was fighting plastic man

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Am I right to think it's weird that a judge gave 48 to Woodley? Like, I understand him retaining the title via draw due to the way the 4th went, but Woodley on the 1st, the 4th, and... which other round is he supposed to have scored 10 in?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Jenny Angel posted:

Am I right to think it's weird that a judge gave 48 to Woodley? Like, I understand him retaining the title via draw due to the way the 4th went, but Woodley on the 1st, the 4th, and... which other round is he supposed to have scored 10 in?

That judge has a personal beef with multiple gyms and is biased in his judging as a result. A draw is a reasonable score as would 48-47 Wonderboy, but 48-47 Woodley is absurd.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Does TKZ have a fight announced?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mr. Nice! posted:

That judge has a personal beef with multiple gyms and is biased in his judging as a result. A draw is a reasonable score as would 48-47 Wonderboy, but 48-47 Woodley is absurd.

Doug Crosby actually scored the fight a draw, but with an odd 10-8 Woodley score for the first round. Glenn Trowbridge scored it 48-47 for Woodley, giving him the 1st, 3rd, and 4th round.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Actually, while Crosby's scoring was also idiotic and his inclusion on the card is indefensible, he was one of the ones that had it as a draw; Glenn Trowbridge was the one who scored it for Woodley and he gave him rounds 1, 3, and 4.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That's right. I knew Crosby's was hosed up, too.

Basically MMA judging is bad. It's not quite boxing bad, but it's still bad.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
http://i.imgur.com/T2YpkI0.gifv

God I love Yoel.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Hot take: more judges should score fights as draws and the negative crowd reaction always causes them to shy away from doing it and that's too bad.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

ParanoidInc posted:

Conor is insanely good but I will never ever say that outside of right now because man, what a loving prick

He's real good but everything outside of the cage is a whirlwind of idiotic poo poo that can either make you laugh or be mad. Sometimes both.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Hot take: more judges should score fights as draws and the negative crowd reaction always causes them to shy away from doing it and that's too bad.

Judges score round by round, they don't "shy away" from scoring fights as draws, it just doesn't happen that often because it requires either a draw round or a 10-8, and the former are actively discouraged by most ACs.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He's real good but everything outside of the cage is a whirlwind of idiotic poo poo that can either make you laugh or be mad. Sometimes both.

His tying up of belts is frustrating for sure especially if he is taking time out for the baby but the buck(?) stops with the UFC imo.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hell I mean if you ask me the guy can say whatever he wants after the year he's had - he went 1-1 with Nate Diaz AND beat Strikeforce Personality Eddie Aleverez.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Conor seems like a nice reasonable guy when he's not in UFC hype mode honestly.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

The back take looks like the footage was sped up. It doesn't seem possible to do for real without Yoel flying off over the cage from the spin.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
Conor should continue with his tradition of not defending a belt and fight Woodley at 170 next.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Actually he's 100% doing a poo poo load of cocaine and would almost certainly be very unpleasant to spend time around for any of us. Also I have it on good authority that he does his arm roll walk everywhere, all the time.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Actually he's 100% doing a poo poo load of cocaine and would almost certainly be very unpleasant to spend time around for any of us. Also I have it on good authority that he does his arm roll walk everywhere, all the time.

lol

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

That loving walk. The crowd at the bar I was at went absolutely bananas when Conor entered the cage with it. I could post about those douchebags' posture so hard right now.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
We have a goon authority that Conor has poor posture and orange.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Was Ido in McGregor's entourage for this fight?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Lid posted:

We have a goon authority that Conor has poor posture and orange.

bad back from carrying two divisions and a billion dollar company

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Mr. Nice! posted:

Was Ido in McGregor's entourage for this fight?

I was wondering that. Haven't heard a peep from that guy since the first Diaz fight and SBG began trying mystical, outside-the-box ideas such as "game plans" and "nutrition"

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I didn't have internet access during the card, so here are all of my white noise thoughts condensed:

- Weidman has had a tough slide. Granted Rockhold and Romero aren't bad losses, but taking those back to back with some pretty serious injury problems doesn't bode well for him.
- Romero has to be on something. There's no way a 38 year old should be that explosive, large, 185 pounds, and still not gas immediately. I think Bisping will wear him out if Romero doesn't land a kill shot first.
- I thought Joanna had a decent game plan. She ended nearly every combo in the first..3? rounds with either a leg kick or a body kick to wear Karolina out in the championship rounds and take advantage of the cardio and reach advnatages. It just didn't look like she was putting enough force into them, so it didn't have the effect she wanted. You shouldn't be able to take double digit leg kicks and continue uninhibited.
- I hate watching Woodley fight. All he does is back up. It's smart on his part, as he's setting up his two biggest tools in his wrestling and I think his left hook?, but it is the biggest bore. Wonderboy had his hands at his waist and chin forward, and Woodley was still afraid to take a shot.
- I had the fight 4-1 Woodley, though I could be convinced 3-2 after seeing the striking numbers. I'm still new to combat sports, so its hard for me to recognize when strikes connect. I didn't think it was that great of a fight, and I have no desire to see a rematch.
- Seriously, how bad do you have to be at grappling to have a nearly concussed man in a guillotine for nearly 2 minutes and fail to lock it in.
- Conor's left is dangerous. It helps that he, like Jon Jones, has a significant reach advantage over most comparably sized men, but credit where credit is due.
- Other than Edgar, who may never get the 145 shot again, I don't have a desire to see him drop to 145. I think he'll starch Aldo again, and I don't think Holloway has anything for him. 155 seems like a more fun division for everyone involved.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Remember romero is Cuban so it's entirely possible he's like 43.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Also he's NOT on steroids and it's been proven so please don't disrespect the work he put into becoming a Jesus Soldier.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
Yoel Romero was getting an olympic silver medal at about the same time Randy Couture was slapping Randleman around in the UFC.

Wrestling is a really chill sport from what I hear, so he probably wouldn't need any help staying healthy up until the age of 39 in the even more chill sport of MMA.

Did he ever serve or was all that marching and saluting even more obnoxious than it looked?

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
All this McGregor talks just makes me miss GSP more. Remember when the sport's biggest star was a great guy that everybody liked and was also the GOAT? Good times.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Teruto is my new spirit animal

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like that some lad out in Switzerland was protecting the racial purity of Northern Ireland

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Chris James 2 posted:

nate diaz is actualy a superstrong but retarded kid so this wasn't just foolish for the atmosphere of the party and dana's safety but probably a criminal act on a mental child.

Work Friend Keven posted:

furthermore you cannot forgive for this behavior, nothing would stop me from punching him irl

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

mistakinder posted:

Yoel Romero was getting an olympic silver medal at about the same time Randy Couture was slapping Randleman around in the UFC.

Wrestling is a really chill sport from what I hear, so he probably wouldn't need any help staying healthy up until the age of 39 in the even more chill sport of MMA.

Did he ever serve or was all that marching and saluting even more obnoxious than it looked?

He's a soldier of god. He was saluting gay jesus.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
So it was definitely more obnoxious than it looked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

i dont agree and think woodley won a split

• Locked thread