Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, I thought it was good too. My only complaint is the pre-credit stinger didn't work. Usually, they are self contained with not much to do with main plots. However, in this case, it just felt like they lopped off 30 seconds of the episode and put it in front of the credits. It just made the beginning of the episode feel disjointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

From what I remember, TBS has a tendency to do that with the AD reruns

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Is there a way to watch the final FOX episodes online? Hulu Plus just has clips :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Well, I'm glad that Mike Barker is still staying to do voices.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

So, I don't know if anyone has been paying attention to Adult Swim, but they are going to have (at least) the season premiere only 30 minutes after the airing on TBS.

If that holds for all other episodes, I'll likely just watch it from [as] since there will be fewer commercials and no annoying snipes over the video.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S
^^^ that's actually really good to know. I have that comcast economy package that has cartoon network, but not TBS. If that is true for all the new AD episodes I would be thrilled. Surely, that's wishful thinking, right?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

My guide has 'Crotchwalkers' on the 27th instead of the 2nd new episode. I suspect that it would run the week after though much like they did when it was on fox.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
So, is TBS owned by the same parent company as Cartoon Network or something? I only ask because TBS spent the afternoon during reruns of Robot Chicken and Children's Hospital.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

criscodisco posted:

So, is TBS owned by the same parent company as Cartoon Network or something? I only ask because TBS spent the afternoon during reruns of Robot Chicken and Children's Hospital.

Aye, TBS -> Time Warner. We need to get these channels all watered down and mixed together a bit more though.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I just turned on the marathon TBS has going. Do they always shrink down the screen and silently run the opening over the first 20 seconds of the actual episode? If so, why on earth would they do that instead of skipping the drat opening entirely?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

J-Spot posted:

I just turned on the marathon TBS has going. Do they always shrink down the screen and silently run the opening over the first 20 seconds of the actual episode? If so, why on earth would they do that instead of skipping the drat opening entirely?
Yeah they've done that with all of the previous reruns.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Just last week an elephant tried to attack a poacher. BAD ELEPHANT

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Either way, I ate an owl.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Someone's about to donate all over my stomach.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I don't think this bit gets any funnier:ohdear:

EDIT: Holy poo poo the slave whales :aaaaa:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
They're sort of happy they're on TBS now because they can say two shits and a god drat per episode without censoring.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Mallorcan money units.

This is an odd episode.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Francine did not look right in that getup.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Rudoku posted:

Francine did not look right in that getup.

Neither did Haley. I'm not used to seeing her forehead.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I love how the Steve and Stan subplot was basically about leaving fox.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

bull3964 posted:

I love how the Steve and Stan subplot was basically about leaving fox.

:aaa: I have to rewatch it that went completely over my head, thinking back tho they ended up destroying their new home and going back to their old one so maybe I'm missing something.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Listen to Steve's rants about moving behind the lenses of the network change.

Even the whole bit about a gated community seemed to be a reference to cable. Stan also said they weren't leaving to get away from the advertisements (so, not premium cable), just to keep out the riffraff.

Then Stan tells Steve how much better his life will be in his new 'home' and Steve imagines all kinds of grand things.

In the end though, it all blows up, basically saying noting about the show is a going to change.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Wait, I thought it was supposed to be a new episode tonight? I watched this a week ago.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Mike_V posted:

Wait, I thought it was supposed to be a new episode tonight? I watched this a week ago.

They released it early as a teaser.

If you have Dish Network, you won't have CN for a while until they can finish their pissing contest with Turner.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Is American Dad going to be on Hulu with the new episodes? I'm behind in the new episodes and Hulu is starting to take away seasons now (The most current one starts with 100 AD).

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

American Dad was the highest rated thing on basic cable last night.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...e-night/317901/

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
What is the budget like on TBS compared to Fox?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I just wanted to point out the single greatest thing about AD moving to TBS is that I don't have to watch those stupid Fox Animation Domination commercials before every episode when I buy the season on iTunes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

bull3964 posted:

American Dad was the highest rated thing on basic cable last night.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...e-night/317901/
That's crazy. Good on them.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

My Q-Face posted:

I just wanted to point out the single greatest thing about AD moving to TBS is that I don't have to watch those stupid Fox Animation Domination commercials before every episode when I buy the season on iTunes.

You wouldn't anyways because Animation Domination is dead. It was retired this year when Brooklyn 99 and Mulaney moved into the block.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

My Q-Face posted:

Too bad there's previews for the loving Big Bang Theory now. Oh well, ads for one lovely show instead of two or three or however many it was on Fox plus a lower chance of getting shitcanned for sports plus apparently more leeway with the censors is cool :toot:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
But I had no ads. I just watched all four episodes and each one starts with the show itself.

bull3964 posted:

You wouldn't anyways because Animation Domination is dead. It was retired this year when Brooklyn 99 and Mulaney moved into the block.

Yeah, but it's Fox, so I'd have to watch ads for some other poo poo they're trying to plug. Like some other FX shows before Archer and like whatever forgettable "new" movie they advertised with an unskippable trailer on my 2008 Blu-Ray of The Longest Day. :suicide: Seriously, gently caress Fox.

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 23, 2014

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

bull3964 posted:

Not to worry, Mulaney can't last much longer. Also, Seth's newest show, Bordertown, is coming (and from what I've seen, will go quickly) to take the 9:30 slot.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm sure Fox is thrilled they didn't renew AD so they can focus on Mulaney.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Should be Simpsons (shudder), Bob's Burgers, American Dad, and The Family Guy Sunday nights, just like Jesus intended. Mulaney is sadly hot garbage and B99 is fine, but it's not a real show. There's been so many terrible shows they've tried on Sundays, that it's sad that one of the few decent ones got pushed to TBS. Hopefully it sticks around there for a few more years.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

FOX has halted production on Mulaney, anyway, so you know what that means, right?

Nothing. Because FOX will just keep trying to find that :airquote:memorable:airquote: sitcom like Life On A Stick and Pauly and Sons of Tucson and Stacked and Luis and That 80s Show and...

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

You Are A Elf posted:

FOX has halted production on Mulaney, anyway, so you know what that means, right?

Nothing. Because FOX will just keep trying to find that :airquote:memorable:airquote: sitcom like Life On A Stick and Pauly and Sons of Tucson and Stacked and Luis and That 80s Show and...

The War at Home was pretty good.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Ariza posted:

B99 is fine, but it's not a real show.

The gently caress? Explain yourself.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

bull3964 posted:

Saturday morning cartoons gone, animation domination dwindling, what's next cartoon network showing live action shows?? Wait a second they already do... fucckkkk what is going on with cartoons nowadays can we bring back some animaniacs and Johnny bravo and dragon ball z please.

Edit: but most of all looney tunes which I grew up on and the best animated show ever batman the animated series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The Duke posted:

The gently caress? Explain yourself.

Yeah, what?

• Locked thread