Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
does the assassin SoT mod still have a gunzerker skill on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Yep, that hasn't been fixed yet :downs:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Lima posted:

Yep, that hasn't been fixed yet :downs:

can gibbed's editor fix it, or make different mods in general?

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Hey, I beat BL2 TVHM a while ago, got the mechromancer and played that thru and lost interest so I never got either of the two actual content DLCs but...

my roomates playing thru and shes really bad, so Ive been using gibbed editor to keep her equipment top tier for her level. its worked pretty well thus far but as of yesterday it wont let me open her save... some error about being unable to reencode or something?

Is there a different editor or a work around?

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Hi posted:

Hey, I beat BL2 TVHM a while ago, got the mechromancer and played that thru and lost interest so I never got either of the two actual content DLCs but...

my roomates playing thru and shes really bad, so Ive been using gibbed editor to keep her equipment top tier for her level. its worked pretty well thus far but as of yesterday it wont let me open her save... some error about being unable to reencode or something?

Is there a different editor or a work around?

Get the new version from Gibbed.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Thanks pal!

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

padijun posted:

can gibbed's editor fix it, or make different mods in general?

No. It can change the parts on an item but the effects of those parts are immutable.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

neogeo0823 posted:

Which would be kinda nice, though. I'd love to see what other environments the developers can come up with. Lush jungles, grassy plains, underwater cities, animals that aren't skags and threshers. It'd be a chance to keep the same core game, but completely redo the look and feel of it.

Ending Spoiler: With the way the vault key opened that map up in the ending, we'll probably be seeing different planets with their own ecology and climates. So you should get your wish, though it'll probably be either Borderlands 3 or a spin-off type expansion. Though it could be a while.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
For BL3 I want a firefly like plot with a main spaceship which you fight in/with/without. Also more than 4 people on a team. Give me 8 or so and we constitute the crew of our spaceship.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
But Borderlands 2 already exhausted 80s - 2000s pop-culture reference they could, which is what made half of it enjoyable as it was. How can they make a Borderlands 3?!?! :ohdear: gently caress the new vault locations, if BL1 and BL2 was any indication, they won't have anything but white items disapointment and tentacles anyways.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 15, 2012

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Xaris posted:

But Borderlands 2 alrady exhausted 80s - 2000s pop-culture reference they could, which is what made half of it enjoyable as it was. How can they make a Borderlands 3?!?! :ohdear: gently caress the new vault locations, if BL1 and BL2 was any indication, they won't have anything but white items disapointment and tentacles anyways.

They could have a real twist by having us open a vault on some other planet and it actually turns out to be full of awesome alien artifacts! Which will also be guns. And not crap guns like the Eridian guns were in the first game.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

BobTheJanitor posted:

Which will also be guns. And not crap guns like the Eridian guns were in the first game.

Alternately it could be full of Eridian guns that are actually good! Seriously, finish the game and get one good gun of each type. Note 'good', not 'the best'.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

graybook posted:

Underwater cities makes me want a Pandoran Rapture.

Midget Psychos would be the little sisters and Goliaths would be the big daddies :thumbsup: I'd play it.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

fennesz posted:

Midget Psychos would be the little sisters and Goliaths would be the big daddies :thumbsup: I'd play it.

Do you happen to own the season pass?

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Bubbles

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
What kinda gear/build does a Siren need to solo Terramorphous? I've got a Conference Call, a Lyuda, and a Hellfire. The Lyuda is the only one that does respectable damage, but I run out of ammo with it.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
^^^ Don't know but I have tried to solo him as Mecromancer and with a team of 4 and he can eat the biggest bag of dicks that have ever been known to man.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

apophenium posted:

What kinda gear/build does a Siren need to solo Terramorphous? I've got a Conference Call, a Lyuda, and a Hellfire. The Lyuda is the only one that does respectable damage, but I run out of ammo with it.

here's what I used when I couldn't beat him at first: http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#550050000050500000000550014500

it seems kind of weird, but there's a couple things about terramorphous:

1. neither him or his tentacles can be affected by phaselock
2. he's immune to all elemental effects and ruin only slags him for like a second

full disclosure: I never thought to try scorn to keep him slagged

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The easiest way to kill him is to get a Bee shield and a gun like the Sand Hawk. Then stand on the rocks where he can't reach you and shoot him dead.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
What can eat the biggest bag of dicks is box after box of grenade mods. Who the hell needs this many grenade mods? Why are they so common? You can only use one.

Class mods, too. They're not as common, but most of the attribute modifiers don't even scale with level, so what's the point except you might get a slightly higher skill boost. And of course, you can't even use 80% of them at all. loving loot in this game sucks rear end sometimes.

Also, why the hell are purple skins and eridium the same shade of purple as actual purple drops? :(

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
Did the Horde4Charity guy announce the winners of the borderlands loot? Google is failing me.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

In what possible way is Hammerlock effeminate? That doesn't even make sense.

"OH GOD IT'S DISGUSTING KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT"

Content: Game, stop loving giving me shotguns. My Gunzerker needs a loving machine gun! I really regret selling Doc Mercy's machine gun.

Are drops based on how much you use a certain weapon? I've been getting loads and loads of shotguns and SMGs, as of late, and, for some reason, class mods.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

OK, this game has glitched on me basically twice in a row at very bad spots and I'm a little gunshy to continue playing. First time was Dr Mercy, when I finally managed to kill him on my 12th try, I couldn't search his body. I guess basically his loot fell deep underground even though the body was still being drawn in the right spot. I had to quit and reload and luckily his dead body spawned up where he usually spawns alive and I could search it fine. But then it only registered 1 out of 3 or so of the bandits I killed with the gun, and I had to keep quitting and reloading to get another wave of bandits to get the counter to 25. And Dr Mercy was respawning alive the rest of the times, so it wasn't exactly easy.

Next thing I did was go to save Roland. After fighting through the Ramparts with no serious issues, I got to the end and the Constructor thing started to kick my rear end. Eventually 2 Badasses ended up camped at my respawn point and would basically just kill me immediately with 4 volleys of missiles almost every time. I think somehow during this time I managed to trigger a script event, but I have no idea what it was because I was dead a moment later (maybe it was just a different line of encouragement that Roland was yelling). I don't remember if I eventually killed the Badasses or just quit and reloaded (I think I killed them) but when I was done and I walked into where the Contructor and Roland were, they weren't there, only a hole with a ladder and a switch were, and I'm pretty sure the objectives list was telling me to go back to the stage before the Ramparts.

That was 3-4 days ago, and I'd like to keep playing the game but if it's possible that every time I struggle through one of these tough parts, I'm going to get hosed over and have to so it again, I don't think I'm going to enjoy it. Does this kind of stuff happen to everybody?

e: spoilers to be safe

ChristsDickWorship fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 16, 2012

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

JackMackerel posted:

Content: Game, stop loving giving me shotguns. My Gunzerker needs a loving machine gun! I really regret selling Doc Mercy's machine gun.

Are drops based on how much you use a certain weapon? I've been getting loads and loads of shotguns and SMGs, as of late, and, for some reason, class mods.

I'm having a blast gunzerking with shotguns, especially hyperions and tediores. having accuracy that tightens up the more I shoot, or the option to lob my weapon at the target, is amazing. and no, I don't believe drops are based on use of certain weapons

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

wixard posted:

That was 3-4 days ago, and I'd like to keep playing the game but if it's possible that every time I struggle through one of these tough parts, I'm going to get hosed over and have to so it again, I don't think I'm going to enjoy it. Does this kind of stuff happen to everybody?

Neither of those things have ever happened to me and it's the first I've heard of them, so I think you're just unlucky, unfortunately. I have heard of one other spot where you really don't want to die because the respawn point is terrible, but that's it.

I'm pretty sure what actually happened with your quest marker is the Constructor escaped with Roland, which means you go to a different place to get him out. Check your map and the quest location to make sure that's where it's pointing you to.

Doc Mercy in particular is randomly a lot harder than everything else around him at the level where you get his quest, but otherwise I would recommend doing sidequests to level up as much as you can if you're having trouble with plot quests.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

wixard posted:

OK, this game has glitched on me basically twice in a row at very bad spots and I'm a little gunshy to continue playing. First time was Dr Mercy, when I finally managed to kill him on my 12th try, I couldn't search his body. I guess basically his loot fell deep underground even though the body was still being drawn in the right spot. I had to quit and reload and luckily his dead body spawned up where he usually spawns alive and I could search it fine. But then it only registered 1 out of 3 or so of the bandits I killed with the gun, and I had to keep quitting and reloading to get another wave of bandits to get the counter to 25. And Dr Mercy was respawning alive the rest of the times, so it wasn't exactly easy.

Next thing I did was go to save Roland. After fighting through the Ramparts with no serious issues, I got to the end and the Constructor thing started to kick my rear end. Eventually 2 Badasses ended up camped at my respawn point and would basically just kill me immediately with 4 volleys of missiles almost every time. I think somehow during this time I managed to trigger a script event, but I have no idea what it was because I was dead a moment later (maybe it was just a different line of encouragement that Roland was yelling). I don't remember if I eventually killed the Badasses or just quit and reloaded (I think I killed them) but when I was done and I walked into where the Contructor and Roland were, they weren't there, only a hole with a ladder and a switch were, and I'm pretty sure the objectives list was telling me to go back to the stage before the Ramparts.

e: spoilers to be safe

As to the first, only 15 bandits spawn in the area, and grenade/melee/skill kills don't count, so that might have something to do with it. Any bandit kills count for that, by the way, so I always get the other 10 in the little shanty town where the mail delivery mission takes place.

As to the second, there is a time limit to clear the mission; if you fail, Roland and Warden go to another area. That fight really sucked my first time. And yeah, Badass Loaders camping the spawn point can happen, I guess. It's not a glitch; everything about the fight is just poo poo.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

wixard posted:

You didn't need to kill the bandits spawned near Doc Mercy. Any 25 bandits would have done.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

JackMackerel posted:

Wait, you're talking about the character who lost everything on his right side to a giant Thresher and is pissed off enough to give his right arm for some revenge. I don't consider him particularly effeminate and squeamish. He got up close and personal there the first time, at least.

I haven't played the Torgue DLC yet so if there's a character change to him, I don't know about it. And if there is, that's sad.

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
So I was trying to snag a Sham or maybe some new heads for my various characters from a certain robot, and this ends up showing up instead

Didn't even realize this one was still in the game! Unless the Torgue DLC added it back in as well, though given where I got it I doubt it.

Now I have to decide between this and Rubi for my Gunzerker's offhand gun.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I'm pretty sure what actually happened with your quest marker is the Constructor escaped with Roland, which means you go to a different place to get him out. Check your map and the quest location to make sure that's where it's pointing you to.
Ah thanks, I will see. I thought I had read something like that perusing this thread, but I was pretty angry when I turned it off and I only caught the beginning of the dialog and died. I just checked some walkthroughs that didn't mention that possibility, I haven't turned the game back on since.

quote:

Doc Mercy in particular is randomly a lot harder than everything else around him at the level where you get his quest, but otherwise I would recommend doing sidequests to level up as much as you can if you're having trouble with plot quests.
Yea, I've actually done all of them and I think I'm level 14. I'm playing an elemental Siren build that has really only gotten great pistols and sniper rifles in terms of gear so far so I kill most enemies before they can hit me, but I haven't quite figured out how to take care of big tanks like those 2. That's why I was doing them back to back, nothing else to do.

Thanks for all the tips, guys. I knew I could kill other bandits, I think I saw it when I went to reup ammo but I figured if the horde of them was respawning it was probably most efficient to reload right there every time. My shield spiked some the first time I know, because I got swarmed unexpectedly. I kind of assumed there were 25 in that first wave though, and I only registered 5 that time. I had to do it 3 other times getting more like 7-10 when no one was near me, and the last time ol Doc was out and about to make it interesting. I wasn't using special or anything, it's an elemental build but I don't think I can do elemental damage with that gun out. Maybe random barrels exploding accounts for some, I don't know.

I'll fire the game back up and chug through some more. I was hoping it was just bad luck, I haven't had many issues at all playing through all the other stuff up to this.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Tar_Squid posted:

So I was trying to snag a Sham or maybe some new heads for my various characters from a certain robot, and this ends up showing up instead

Didn't even realize this one was still in the game! Unless the Torgue DLC added it back in as well, though given where I got it I doubt it.

Now I have to decide between this and Rubi for my Gunzerker's offhand gun.

I tend to dislike Hyperion weapons for Gunzerking since they typically (depends on the stabilization half-life of the particular weapon) destabilize during reload and cause the sights for both of your guns to shake around- this is especially annoying if you're making use of Steady As She Goes or different-weapon Divergent Likeness. It's mostly a problem when you're blazing through magazines at a good clip (heh) and thus reloading like every second due to firing speed buffs from various skills, though.

Converse is also true, though- your combined crosshairs during Gunzerking both benefit from the crazy recoil reduction that Hyperion pistols and SMGs (and sniper rifles I guess but bleh) are known for. Also, Gunzerking with Hyperion shotguns is an awesome idea.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

wixard posted:

Ah thanks, I will see. I thought I had read something like that perusing this thread, but I was pretty angry when I turned it off and I only caught the beginning of the dialog and died. I just checked some walkthroughs that didn't mention that possibility, I haven't turned the game back on since.

Yea, I've actually done all of them and I think I'm level 14. I'm playing an elemental Siren build that has really only gotten great pistols and sniper rifles in terms of gear so far so I kill most enemies before they can hit me, but I haven't quite figured out how to take care of big tanks like those 2. That's why I was doing them back to back, nothing else to do.

Especially in the early game, a liberal application of grenades will get you through almost every engagement. Tesla grenades seem to be the most broadly useful for damage dealing. And with Maya, for guys like Mercy, just Phaselock him, walk up to him with a shotgun, and unload in his face while he's helpless.

quote:

I'll fire the game back up and chug through some more. I was hoping it was just bad luck, I haven't had many issues at all playing through all the other stuff up to this.

BL2's difficulty is really spiky like that, particularly your first time around when you don't know what kind of underhanded poo poo the game is going to toss your way. Just bear down.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Lima posted:

The easiest way to kill him is to get a Bee shield and a gun like the Sand Hawk. Then stand on the rocks where he can't reach you and shoot him dead.

E: Nevermind, found it and took Terramorphous down. The victory was somewhat cheapened, but whatever.

apophenium fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 16, 2012

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

apophenium posted:

Where exactly is this spot?

It's that small patch of rocks that follow the path out of the arena.
This guy gets thrown up there around 1:50, but it's easy to get there without outside "help".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN_BITfKwmo

Once in a while, Terra will get real close and can actually hit you. Then you just jump up on the path behind you, and back down when he dives again.

e: When you realize that he's cheap as hell with dropping good loot, you won't feel bad about killing him cheaply :keke: He's sadly not like Crawmerax.

Lima fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 16, 2012

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

wixard posted:

Yea, I've actually done all of them and I think I'm level 14. I'm playing an elemental Siren build that has really only gotten great pistols and sniper rifles in terms of gear so far so I kill most enemies before they can hit me, but I haven't quite figured out how to take care of big tanks like those 2.

Rocket launchers are useful for tanks due to their absurd damage, and while I don't usually like slag when soloing, it can be useful as a backup for situations like that (although you usually don't see any slag weapons until after that point).

Making use of elemental weaknesses also makes a large difference in how quickly you can down big enemies, particularly if you're good at hitting their crit spots. Use fire against health, lightning against shields, and acid against armor.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Lima posted:

It's that small patch of rocks that follow the path out of the arena.
This guy gets thrown up there around 1:50, but it's easy to get there without outside "help".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN_BITfKwmo

Once in a while, Terra will get real close and can actually hit you. Then you just jump up on the path behind you, and back down when he dives again.

e: When you realize that he's cheap as hell with dropping good loot, you won't feel bad about killing him cheaply :keke: He's sadly not like Crawmerax.

Yeah I've killed him three times now. The legendary class mods are fine and all, but c'mon man give me some other orange colored thing.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Rocket launchers are useful for tanks due to their absurd damage, and while I don't usually like slag when soloing, it can be useful as a backup for situations like that (although you usually don't see any slag weapons until after that point).
Yea, I remembered I stashed a rocket launcher that I never really used and beat it fine this time. I have lightning pistols and an SMG, but I run out of ammo too quick to really put the hurt on with those while defending myself too.

Anyways, now I'll just go check in with Roland...

Uhh...

Yup. There he is. And I can't talk to him because he's stuck in a big hunk of wreckage that doesn't move when I shoot it and myself with the rocket launcher. Quitting and reloading got him standing next to me just fine and all is well, but I kind of think I'm cursed. :cthulhu:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Some of the fan art I've found so far.

Guess I can stop looking for new title material.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I always thought Gaige was my anime princess, and now it's for real. :syoon:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

On a whim I decided to test something out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
How well does a sniper rifle work with lots of anarchy, by the way?

• Locked thread