Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Ok that is a pretty cool mod, defo downloading. I'm now thinking of making a Legion quest line where you go through the ranks of the Legions. I love the legion as Roman Culture and poo poo fascinate me overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Alright, LPAM v2.0 is up and available
Download Link

FEATURES:
    -16 new pieces of equipment, bringing the total to 37 armors, outfits, helmets, goggles, and even a backpack!
    -Two versions: One balanced for vanilla armors, and one balanced for JSawyer.esp.
    -At least 50% better integration than LPAM v1.0, guaranteed! Most armors have been added into repair lists with similar items, conform to traits like "Four Eyes" and "Traveling Light."
    -Better than LPAM v1.0!

I don't use many mods, but hey this is awesome and good work!

I'm getting a messed up texture on the Survivalist's Jacket

And a minor nitpick, the gamblers on the strip seem a little overdressed, like more than half of them are wearing trenchcoats. It's a neat model, but good god I feel bad whenever I see the Tops promoter guy rotting in the sun with all that on

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Alright so I'm setting up a mod load-out that this time isn't stupid hard, but fun. Lots of new content like AWOP and whatnot. Anyone have any mods they play with they think add a lot of neat stuff that isn't cheat-like, but not in the OP?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Stink gently caress Rob posted:

I don't use many mods, but hey this is awesome and good work!

And a minor nitpick, the gamblers on the strip seem a little overdressed, like more than half of them are wearing trenchcoats. It's a neat model, but good god I feel bad whenever I see the Tops promoter guy rotting in the sun with all that on

Thanks for the report. Clearly the textures for the Survivalist's Jacket have gone MIA. Not sure how that happened, but it's a problem on my end. I'll track them down and fix it.

The trenchcoat thing is funny, because it's one of the few armors that I added to a single leveled list. A lot of the other pieces had to be added to four or five lists just to get NPCs to wear them. I saw a lot of dudes wearing the coat the first time I went to the Strip, but 2 subsequent tests resulted in a lot of NPCs in gambling suits, so it seems like--when the game picks an outfit it wants the NPCs to wear in that area--a lot of people end up with it.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Stink gently caress Rob posted:

Alright, while I re-upload LPAM with the fix, here is a quick fix that you should be able to drop into your data folder. Let me know if it doesn't work.

LINK

EDIT: And now the whole file has been re-uploaded with the fix. I'll maintain the quick fix so people don't have to download the whole thing all over again if they don't want to.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 28, 2012

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Alright, while I re-upload LPAM with the fix, here is a quick fix that you should be able to drop into your data folder. Let me know if it doesn't work.

LINK

EDIT: And now the whole file has been re-uploaded with the fix. I'll maintain the quick fix so people don't have to download the whole thing all over again if they don't want to.

This is a long shot, but I don't suppose there's any way to get an .esp that's just the armors in a cabinet or two? It's cool that all the armors got added to lists and whatnot, but sometimes I want just me and my bros to be special :colbert:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Doomsayer posted:

This is a long shot, but I don't suppose there's any way to get an .esp that's just the armors in a cabinet or two? It's cool that all the armors got added to lists and whatnot, but sometimes I want just me and my bros to be special :colbert:

Obviously, I wouldn't be opposed to somebody doing it, but that's basically how most of these armors were before I put them in LPAM.

EDIT: I guess that's not entirely true. Some of these armors wouldn't have seen the light of day because they were unfinished resources. I might do a basic cabinet version if I push out a v3.0 at some point.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 28, 2012

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

This one works, but last I checked crashes if you try to start as a Fiend (too bad).

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Just chiming in to say that you are awesome and that LPAM is awesome. Variety is the spice of life and normally getting that spice means hours trawling through poo poo on New Vegas Nexus trying to ignore pedophiles, but with LPAM it's like having a lovingly crafted spice gift box from Penzeys or something.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

I believe that this should fix the HP gain problem with CCO's Classic Perks module. Try it out and let me know.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Out of curiosity, can you tell us what the problem (appearantly) was?

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

The_White_Crane posted:

Out of curiosity, can you tell us what the problem (appearantly) was?
Having a QA department consisting solely of one beleaguered man staring vapidly into the dim light of a computer monitor at three o'clock in the morning.

No, in all seriousness, the problem was twofold:
1. The flat HP reduction of 45 for the Fear the Reaper trait was flawed, not just on a technical level but on a design level. You see, I implemented that not knowing that changing the health multipliers works immediately and retroactively. I could have fixed it if I wanted, but now that I know that, it was redundant, so I just removed it. An oversight in the 45 HP reduction script was the cause of that particular HP gain problem.
2. Sometime between the first release of CCO and now, Project Nevada changed their Rebalance module from a plugin file to a master file and mixed up the way they scripted their changes. I was unaware of this. As it stood, the new Rebalance script was fighting with CCO's failsafe script, and they cancelled each other out, causing no end of trouble.

I'm going to fix the issue that Fear the Reaper has with not giving perks retroactively. Again, I didn't know the health multipliers also worked retroactively, so that's my bad. Next release will make it so that if you Mutate or use the OWB auto-doc to grab Fear the Reaper later in the game, you retroactively get the extra perks.

All that's assuming this fix works, of course. It seemed fine on my end, but I'd like to make sure. How is it working for all of you folks?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Is it possible to use FNVEdit to see which mods affect a specific cell, or is that GECK work? I wandered into the Cueva Guarache (Honest Hearts) cave while playing and discovered that one of the mods I'm running is a little bugged in how it handles that cell.

Namely, every single object in the cave that can be referenced was dropped on top of the entrance tile in an extremely impressive stack. There was also a strange "no walk" barrier in place past the entrance, so you couldn't even TCL past it.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

SourceElement posted:

Is it possible to use FNVEdit to see which mods affect a specific cell, or is that GECK work? I wandered into the Cueva Guarache (Honest Hearts) cave while playing and discovered that one of the mods I'm running is a little bugged in how it handles that cell.

Namely, every single object in the cave that can be referenced was dropped on top of the entrance tile in an extremely impressive stack. There was also a strange "no walk" barrier in place past the entrance, so you couldn't even TCL past it.

You should be able to...to an extent. I don't think you can search for a specific cell and then see which mods affect it, though. Rather, you can load everything up in FNVEdit and then navigate to the CELL tabs of any mods that make changes to cells. If you can find even a single mod that makes changes to the cell you're looking for, you'll be able to see all mods that make changes to that same cell in the right-hand window.

In other news...is Primm's ED-E supposed to start off with his multitool and ammo crafting features, even before you complete Lonesome Road? I just started him up and he's got everything ready to go.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Is there a Fallout 3 version of Increased Wasteland Spawns?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
No, but FWE or Marts Mutant Mod will do that job just fine.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

So I just played there and my health didn't change from 180 at level one (8 endurance) to level two. I did notice however, that you've given us the "CCO - CP PN Rebalance Patch.esp", which you use when you're only using parts of Project Nevada, and not a hotfixed "CCO - CP PN patch.esp" which is what you use when you're using all the Project Nevadas modules, which I am. Is that a problem?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

In other news...is Primm's ED-E supposed to start off with his multitool and ammo crafting features, even before you complete Lonesome Road? I just started him up and he's got everything ready to go.

Yes. Those are not part of the upgrade modules.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I'm planning a new play through with a bunch of the recommended mods and was wondering a few things:

1) Should Monster Mod, New Vegas Bounties, LPAM and The Armory work together OK?
2) Is there any reason not to install New Vegas Bounties I & II together? Is the quality of the sequel up to snuff?
3) Any advice on load order with these particular mods?

Thanks! :)

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
In its history so far, I've only seen TA conflict with two mods and they're not even really conflicts so much as it's a duplicate/triplicate. If you happen to use PN's equipment module and/or CFWNV, you'll have two or three separate instances of 2mm ammo available to you that can't be used across each mod's guns even if they take 2mm.

It's a minor issue, but one we're still contemplating on renaming altogether to avoid confusion.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

As far as I know, yeah. Some of the old armor stats have changed, and (in the changelog) I listed which armors had their meshes changed. It's probably best if you take the armor off before you update.

The other thing is, I'm pretty sure that the quest-related script for adding items to leveled lists is a one-time thing. Because of that, it's recommended that you start LPAM v2.0 with a new game.

Console commanding 'resetquest LPAMDistributionQuest' might trick the game into running the script again (this time with all of the new entries) but I'm not sure if it will cause redundancies or other strangeness.

Quick EDIT: Moving this from the bottom of the other page.

Alright, LPAM v2.0 is up and available
Download Link

FEATURES:
    -16 new pieces of equipment, bringing the total to 37 armors, outfits, helmets, goggles, and even a backpack!
    -Two versions: One balanced for vanilla armors, and one balanced for JSawyer.esp.
    -At least 50% better integration than LPAM v1.0, guaranteed! Most armors have been added into repair lists with similar items, conform to traits like "Four Eyes" and "Traveling Light."
    -Better than LPAM v1.0!

Holy crap, I was wondering where I got this mod from. Probably my favorite armor mod- great work!

I'm a little bummed about Snake eaters garb being replaced. Looked so cool running around with a bandana, sunglasses and the spiky mohawk haircut.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I've been toying around with the idea of a mustard gas 40mm grenade that would deal severe poison damage but penalize the user (if it's the player) with negative karma for every actor attacked this way (and maybe force the victims into some sort of suffocation animation if I find an appropriate one and figure out how to make it work across all actors).

Just now I was going to ask for advice with getting the karma penalty to work on a per hit basis, but I think I may have figured out a way in the process of describing my problem.

So instead, I'm open to suggestions as to the specifics of the effects on both aggressor and victim.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Also, for anyone doing any scripting (that doesn't know about the plugin) may I suggest this syntax highlighter for Notepad++. It may prevent the many urges of wrist slitting during debugging.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

Rinkles posted:

I've been toying around with the idea of a mustard gas 40mm grenade that would deal severe poison damage but penalize the user (if it's the player) with negative karma for every actor attacked this way (and maybe force the victims into some sort of suffocation animation if I find an appropriate one and figure out how to make it work across all actors).

Just now I was going to ask for advice with getting the karma penalty to work on a per hit basis, but I think I may have figured out a way in the process of describing my problem.

So instead, I'm open to suggestions as to the specifics of the effects on both aggressor and victim.

Do a white phosphorus grenade. :black101:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Ace Oliveira posted:

Do a white phosphorus grenade. :black101:

We actually considered porting an FO3 mod that had a bunch of different gas effects but the still screenshots made them look way better than they actually were. Which were sprites.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Rabhadh posted:

So I just played there and my health didn't change from 180 at level one (8 endurance) to level two. I did notice however, that you've given us the "CCO - CP PN Rebalance Patch.esp", which you use when you're only using parts of Project Nevada, and not a hotfixed "CCO - CP PN patch.esp" which is what you use when you're using all the Project Nevadas modules, which I am. Is that a problem?
Yeah, don't load that. Just use all the separate patches. The unified patch will be depreciated next version. Sorry, but as the patches get bigger and bigger, making an entire unified version becomes less worthwhile.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Yes. Those are not part of the upgrade modules.

Go figure. Shows you how often I've recruited ED-E since installing Lonesome Road. I just figured it was an issue with CCO or something.

Witchfinder General posted:

Holy crap, I was wondering where I got this mod from. Probably my favorite armor mod- great work!

I'm a little bummed about Snake eaters garb being replaced. Looked so cool running around with a bandana, sunglasses and the spiky mohawk haircut.

Thanks! Yeah, it's a shame that the armor was such a bother in first person, because it had so much personality. Maybe I can re-introduce it at some point if I learn how to edit meshes...

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You should be able to...to an extent. I don't think you can search for a specific cell and then see which mods affect it, though. Rather, you can load everything up in FNVEdit and then navigate to the CELL tabs of any mods that make changes to cells. If you can find even a single mod that makes changes to the cell you're looking for, you'll be able to see all mods that make changes to that same cell in the right-hand window.

This worked! Thank you!

As it turns out, only two mods in my load order modify that specific cell: HonestHearts.esm and Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp. I have no idea what MMUE is even doing with the cave besides apparently tweaking the inhabitants in some obscure fashion.

Basically, don't use Mission Mojave Ultimate Edition. Or use it at your own risk, with the understanding that the mod author was really sloppy with how he handled some interior cells.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Yet another mysterious "crashes for no reason randomly and now it's gotten worse when I try to leave a AWOP location" thing. I'm certain it's Mission Mojave interfering with something, IWS spawns turned up all the way (my machine can handle it, though, it's had fifty NPCs on screen with zero lag) or NV Interior's combo file being shittily coded. Yes, NV Interior's Core is installed, which made things work for a while.

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
MoMod.esm
Decrucifixion.esm
NSkies - Vanilla Edition.esm
NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
NVR-Strip.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
Lings.esm
DFB - Random Encounters.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
The.Armory.esm
NVInteriors_ComboEdition_AWOP.esm
FreesideOpen.esm
IWS-Core.esm
CFWNV.esm
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp
AWOP DLC + GRA Conflict Error Fixes.esp
StripOpenMain.esp
AWOP-MoMod.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
NVR-NPCs.esp
NVR-ELECTRO-CTIY_Patch.esp
NVR-Version_10.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
Kobu's Free Wild Wasteland Trait.esp
Decrucifixion.esp
Decrucifixion - More Victims.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-DM.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp
Minimissilelauncher.esp
LingsPrettyThings.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
MMUE-CP-PNCore.esp
MMUE-CP-PNEquipment.esp
MMUE-CP-PNOWB.esp
MMUE-CP-rePopulated.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
UnlimitedCompanions SCRIPT FIX.esp
No Weapon Remove Dead Money.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
Project Nevada - WMX.esp
Mail Order Catalogs.esp
Mail Order Catalogs DLC01.esp
Mail Order Catalogs DLC02.esp
The.Armory.HonestHearts.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Cabinet.Addon.esp
CFW-DLC.esp
MMUE-CP-Electrocity.esp
MMUE-CP-AWOP+NVInteriors.esp
GotWood.esp
MadScience02.esp
The.Armory.Stalker.Pack.esp
The.Armory.Terminator.Pack.esp
The.Armory.Crysis.Pack.esp
TAR3gun.esp
TeslaThrower.esp
FreesideOpenPatch.esp
NewVegasBountiesFSOPatch.esp
NVCE Main.esp
NVCE Main - Companions.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

Total active plugins: 89
Total plugins: 107

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

JackMackerel posted:

Yet another mysterious "crashes for no reason randomly and now it's gotten worse when I try to leave a AWOP location" thing. I'm certain it's Mission Mojave interfering with something, IWS spawns turned up all the way (my machine can handle it, though, it's had fifty NPCs on screen with zero lag) or NV Interior's combo file being shittily coded. Yes, NV Interior's Core is installed, which made things work for a while.

What sort of crashes are we talking about? Can they happen when you start the game? Do they happen while trying to load a save? Or do they only happen when transitioning cells (i.e. entering/exiting a building; fast traveling, etc.) Also, how many hours do you have on your current saves and, if you have some significantly older saves (6-8 hours less playtime) available, do they seem generally more stable than the newer ones?

If you can run around on a new game and not get a CTD as quickly as you can on a saved game, your problem may have to do with your save files.

While there are way too many mods in that load order to eyeball a specific problem, you should know that, as the number of plugins increase, so do the chances of a CTD. It doesn't seem to have much to do with the quality or stability of the plugins being used, either. Have a long load order may also shorten the amount of time you have before your saves become unstable, as the game has to make records of exponentially more data (this is commonly referred to as 'bloat.')

I've also bolded something that's important to note: It's not necessarily how your PC handles the mod as how the game / engine handles the mod. While poor performance is a good indicator that something is pushing your PC too hard, turning things up to '11' when the engine wasn't meant for it isn't netting you any stability either. For example, you can find videos of a guy doing unbelievable things with the Gamebryo engine: All sorts of shaders and effects that make New Vegas look like it's Crysis. The videos suggest the game runs at a decent framerate and is optimized well, but the author notes that he gets 3-5 minutes of playtime before the game crashes. As popular as spawn-mods have been, it's a well known fact that they can decrease stability (something exhibited in Oblivion, Fallout 3, and, to a lesser extent, Skyrim.)

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 29, 2012

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not

SourceElement posted:

Basically, don't use Mission Mojave Ultimate Edition. Or use it at your own risk, with the understanding that the mod author was really sloppy with how he handled some interior cells.

My problem with MMUE is that I wish it would stick to fixing things that were actually legitimately broken. Instead you get stuff like:

• Mister Holdout renamed to Mr. Holdout.
  • Potato Crisps now weight 0.5, Gum Drops and Bubble Gum now weigh 0.2 instead of 1.00
  • Y-17 trauma override harness were set female in vanilla despite them being trained soldiers. Set all of them to male.

And then there's vague, potentially worrisome stuff like:

• Form list Updates.
  • Integrated GRA.
  • Karma fixes for various npcs.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
Hmm, Western Skies or Nevada Skies? It seem like the latter is generally the more popular one and does better with those cool weather effects, but goddamn does WS have some cool clouds.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
I prefer Western Skies, the clouds and the atmosphere is just so drat pretty. But hey, try one then the other see which you prefer, customize!

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What sort of crashes are we talking about? Can they happen when you start the game? Do they happen while trying to load a save? Or do they only happen when transitioning cells (i.e. entering/exiting a building; fast traveling, etc.) Also, how many hours do you have on your current saves and, if you have some significantly older saves (6-8 hours less playtime) available, do they seem generally more stable than the newer ones?

If you can run around on a new game and not get a CTD as quickly as you can on a saved game, your problem may have to do with your save files.

While there are way too many mods in that load order to eyeball a specific problem, you should know that, as the number of plugins increase, so do the chances of a CTD. It doesn't seem to have much to do with the quality or stability of the plugins being used, either. Have a long load order may also shorten the amount of time you have before your saves become unstable, as the game has to make records of exponentially more data (this is commonly referred to as 'bloat.')

I've also bolded something that's important to note: It's not necessarily how your PC handles the mod as how the game / engine handles the mod. While poor performance is a good indicator that something is pushing your PC too hard, turning things up to '11' when the engine wasn't meant for it isn't netting you any stability either. For example, you can find videos of a guy doing unbelievable things with the Gamebryo engine: All sorts of shaders and effects that make New Vegas look like it's Crysis. The videos suggest the game runs at a decent framerate and is optimized well, but the author notes that he gets 3-5 minutes of playtime before the game crashes. As popular as spawn-mods have been, it's a well known fact that they can decrease stability (something exhibited in Oblivion, Fallout 3, and, to a lesser extent, Skyrim.)

I'm not so certain it's save files, this was a fresh new game with all of them installed. I had about an hour or two on it, and it hasn't gotten past going to Primm, it seems to happen when I enter cells, but now it's happening consistently when I try to leave Frankie's Guns and Ammo (AWOP place outside Goodsprings, just in case).

I'm going to see what I can remove without much fanfare, mostly those weapon mods.

Spawns are a pretty good suspect, since I... sort of have it turned to max. :v:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

JackMackerel posted:

I'm not so certain it's save files, this was a fresh new game with all of them installed. I had about an hour or two on it, and it hasn't gotten past going to Primm, it seems to happen when I enter cells, but now it's happening consistently when I try to leave Frankie's Guns and Ammo (AWOP place outside Goodsprings, just in case).

I'm going to see what I can remove without much fanfare, mostly those weapon mods.

Spawns are a pretty good suspect, since I... sort of have it turned to max. :v:

It just occurred to me that you have "Project Nevada - WMX.esp" but no Weapon Mods Expanded plugin besides that.

I also found this thread, talking about a CTD on exiting cells when using WMX and MoMod together. Take what they say with a grain of salt, but that plugin might be the place to start looking.

EDIT: Idiot child or masterful troll releases mod? You decide.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Oh, drat, I thought I had the core esp for WMX. Thanks for that and the thread, I'll decide between Momod and WMX later.

I say troll.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

lol speedloader

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
So contributing to LPAM got me back in the Fallout modding mood, despite my crashing troubles, and I've finally come up with a way to cap off my series of radio mods. I'm gonna post my ideas here so they can be kicked around. I think they're pretty solid, but I'd like to hear some outside opinions.

Black Mountain Radio: This one I'm thinking will be mostly patriotic music, maybe borrowing a few tracks from Fallout 3's Enclave radio and a couple from CONELRAD. Might include some recordings from numbers stations as a sort of link to the Black Mountain facility's dealings with the Hidden Valley military base before the war. Also considering just throwing in a handful of odds and ends, sort of like the mutants just adding in some tapes they found in their wasteland travels. Finally, should I figure out a quick and easy way to do it, I'll try and make it so you can both reactivate the station after Tabitha leaves and boost the signal so it can be heard all over the wasteland.

Happy Trails Expedition Broadcast: Adding music to this one would basically validate its existence as a station, since as is it's basically useless. To make it sort of fit with the intended purpose, probably have it play some spirituals and other religious songs to sort of reflect the journey into New Canaan at the heart of Mormon country. Probably toss in a little bit of country/western stuff to pad it out.

Sierra Madre Broadcast: This one won't get touched. Adding anything to the broadcast would directly conflict with Dead Money's story, since a lot of the plot hinges directly on the fact that the broadcast is nothing but Vera talking.

On top of those, I also came up with a concept for a new station. I'm thinking of doing a rock and roll/rockabilly driven station that's manned by a ghoul who's been working there since before the war. Nothing too fancy, but I think the rest of the period-correct musical themes are already covered.

HERMES Radio, which none of you probably even remember me talking about since it was probably forty pages ago, is probably discontinued. Even though I now know how to get something like that working, the concept I was working with suffered from becoming too grand. It slowly went from being sort of a dynamic radio station to being a full-fledged quest line complete with voice acted characters and new locations... and I just don't have the time or skill for that, as much as I'd like to do it.

What do you guys think? Is this something I should pursue?

Chinese Tony Danza fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 30, 2012

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Arenovalis posted:

lol speedloader

Yessss! You rock and/or roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation