Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Kalli posted:

The supplemental draft has started.

The supplemental draft has ended.

That's all the news, no picks.

I just wish they would extend it over four days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
AJ for Deangelo and a 2nd.

DO IT

(would that give us enough cap relief? I don't know what Williams' numbers look like.)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

zimbomonkey posted:

DO IT

(would that give us enough cap relief? I don't know what Williams' numbers look like.)

Trading DeAngelo actually costs an additional $3.5m this year sadly. I don't think the Panthers can take that hit.

The only guys on the roster the Panthers can trade that free up at least $2m are Greg Olson and Byron Bell. Wow, the Panthers have an insane amount of money guaranteed.

DeAngelo's remaining contract:

'14: $2m base, $4m bonus - $6m cap hit, $9.6m dead
'15: $2m base, $4.3m bonus - $6.3m cap hit, $5.6m dead
'16 & '17: $1m base, $1.1m bonus each year.

Now Stewart's the one where you want to shoot whomever gave him that monstrosity.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 10, 2014

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

zimbomonkey posted:

DO IT

They are horrific, if I remember correctly. Or they were horrific, at least.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Now Stewart's the one where you want to shoot whomever gave him that monstrosity.

him or whomever has their hand up his rear end.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Chip. Chip?

Pick up the phone Chip. You know you want to. Bring in the AJ.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Johnson&Johnson make it happen NFL

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Get on the Browns, AJ. Johnny loving Football needs some weapons.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Matthew Stafford slings it left, he slings it right, he slings it over the middle, the defense doesn't know what to do, there are just too many Johnsons on the field catching wicked loving deep balls oh my god its over the Lions are Super Bowl champions

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
the player; he should join my team. the opne i cheer for

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

DOOP posted:

Chip. Chip?

Pick up the phone Chip. You know you want to. Bring in the AJ.

You just know he's going to be swapped for Mallett and a 7th.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Johnson&Johnson make it happen NFL

This would literally be the best thing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

football fuckerman posted:

the player; he should join my team. the opne i cheer for

Very good player wants to leave his team, outrage ensues as NFL fans shockingly talk about how much they'd like him on their teams

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yoshifan823 posted:

Get on the Browns, AJ. Johnny loving Football needs some weapons.

The last thing he needs is to start carrying.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
In 2013 Matthew Stafford threw for 4650 yards, Calvin Johnson accounted 1492 of them. The next biggest receiver?

Joique Bell, with 547 followed by Reggie Bush with 506.

Andre Johnson. Detroit Lion. Receiver. Touchdowns. Yards. Football.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Detroit_Dogg posted:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:thurman:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Wow, the Texans are loving stupid.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Johnson&Johnson make it happen CFL

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

New avatar. Stafford winking. Wait till you see my other Johnson.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Intruder posted:

Very good player wants to leave his team, outrage ensues as NFL fans shockingly talk about how much they'd like him on their teams

Today was a good day to remind myself to never read the comments. drat people are horrible.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Uhhh, just to ask Dogg, where the gently caress did Stafford get the rest of his 2,000 yards from?!?!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Febreeze posted:

This would literally be the best thing

Stevie, Andre, Calvin, and Chad.
His will be done.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A Man and his dog posted:

Uhhh, just to ask Dogg, where the gently caress did Stafford get the rest of his 2,000 yards from?!?!

Various cornerbacks.

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.

Jesus Christ, if anything happened to Johnson last year, their leading two pass catchers would have been 2 running backs and then you get choice options like Kris Durham and Pizza Box.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
38 receptions on 86 targets, good job Kris.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

They have Pettigrew, Fauria, and Sheffler as TEs and they drafted a TE at #10 overall? :lol:
Fauria had 7 TDs on 18 catches why didnt he see the field more? Is he just a red zone threat or something?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That bad....

Thank god the Lions didn't stumble into the playoffs.

And yeah :lol: on that TE pick

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Pettigrew is not very good, especially at catching. Fauria is a great redzone target but not much more right now. Scheffler is dead and retired.

Ebron still loving sucks.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

n: the Astrodome is finally going to be demolished and turned into a "green space"

v: my snarky side wants to say that the empty lot where Astroworld was is green space enough but the Dome has seen much better days.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Pettigrew is not very good, especially at catching. Fauria is a great redzone target but not much more right now. Scheffler is dead and retired.

Yeah, rookie TEs are rarely useful for much of anything. Fauria could be decent in a year or two.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So the Pats are turning over all of Aaron Hernandez's medical and personnel records to his defense team but are fighting tooth and nail to keep his scouting reports from before the draft.

I hope they lose just to see what in the hell they think is so important.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It'd be hilarious if they uncovered one of his earlier murders and didn't tell anyone.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Pros: Excellent speed for the position, strong route runner with good hands.

Cons: Not much of a blocker, attempted to murder two men while he was a freshman.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Volkerball posted:

It'd be hilarious if they uncovered one of his earlier murders and didn't tell anyone.

Bill knows that snitches get stitches. For a fact. :colbert:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

So the Pats are turning over all of Aaron Hernandez's medical and personnel records to his defense team but are fighting tooth and nail to keep his scouting reports from before the draft.

I really hope the format matches that alleged Johnny Manziel draft report that leaked. Also, re-opened the Hernandez thread

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Wow, that report must be more embarrassing than Kraft's acting debut

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm going to laugh in disbelief when Aaron gets off. You know some random dude from New England is going to say he's not guilty...

American Justice System at work...

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Kalli posted:

I really hope the format matches that alleged Johnny Manziel draft report that leaked. Also, re-opened the Hernandez thread

That was my thought as well.

But then I guess anything leaked on how you scout talent is probably not a good thing to put out in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

A Man and his dog posted:

I'm going to laugh in disbelief when Aaron gets off. You know some random dude from New England is going to say he's not guilty...

American Justice System at work...

So they'd just have a new trial, a hung jury isn't the same as a not guilty verdict

• Locked thread