Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Still not worth playing Frank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did Girl Punisher come out yet?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Speaking of weird Punisher mechanics, are you supposed to be able to use any ammo power as long as your ammunition count is >0 , even if it's lower than the power's cost?

Aphrodite posted:

Did Girl Punisher come out yet?
Nope.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kheldarn posted:

Boo this man.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Ryolnir posted:

[Daredevil] is getting more interplay lines soon (they're already recorded!) and it's on the list to record additional lines for him (as it turns out, he was recorded so long ago that he had fewer lines than most).

The good news is that Brian Bloom, who also plays Captain America, plays Daredevil. We're going to be using Brian a decent amount as Captain America in the next few months so we're also going to flush out DD's dialogue. Our audio director also did a pass on the 'weight' of his lines so that he won't repeat himself so much.

As for Netflix show, we won't be directly tying in, but we do have a Daredevil costume in the works.
Less chin music for everyone!

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Prel posted:

Yeah, that's a fair point. I think I was too point strapped for that but I also think that I need to rework what I am/was doing for a beam focus build a bit so that sounds like a strong option.

e: that still doesn't change what I said though; whichever shatter you are focused in will still come off cooldown 1 second before FF and if you have more than 100% FF damage you should wait for FF to use your focus shatter.

I think the actual optimum way to handle FF is if you have between 80-130% bonus, then use FF on cooldown, and just use your shatter on its CD, as if they were independent of each other, the bonuses from FF last longer than the CD of your shatter, so you will never waste a FF bonus, and then this way you never push back either of their CD's. I think it is only optimal to wait on shatter if you have more than 130% bonus. This all goes out the window if you have multiple shatters of course, but until/unless they change the frozen orb startup animation to match the rest of the animation I am not sure multiple shatters is worth it.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Eiffel On You posted:

Credit goes to Damienz for this.

Punisher 19s ttk. This cannot be real.

http://marvelheroes.info/build/10526/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3guwHoxojA

Hilarious, this is even better than the snapshotting super golems.

I wonder in a longer fight when it stops being worth using RPG on cooldown. The raid dummy dies so fast that Headshot starts getting a lot of execute boost right away.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Truth.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is it even worth using pineapple with that build? Also I wonder if it's higher dps than the van.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Ugh, I hope there isn't a Frank nerf incoming, I really enjoy playing him as he is now, without that gimmick build.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Haerc posted:

Ugh, I hope there isn't a Frank nerf incoming, I really enjoy playing him as he is now, without that gimmick build.

If anything they'll just put a floor on how low you can get the cooldown on reload.

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

And then you'll post your builds yes? Good

Moon God Buildes:

For non-speedrun gimmickry, the skills you always want to take are:

Max:
Spiked Gauntlets
Cestus Gauntlet Punch
Gruesome Frenzy
Carbonadium Armor
Tripwire Bolas
Fist of Khonshu

1 Point:
Khonshu Unbound
Multiple Personalities
Statue of Khonshu

With the remaining 21 points you can:
Max Crescent Dart Throw
1 pt/Max Explosive Crescent Dart
Max Statue of Khonshu
1 pt/Max Crescent Fan
1 pt/Max Truncheon Ricochet
1 pt Glider Cape

Gear info in a bit, but situations you'd want to 1 point/Max any of those are:

Before I had a good enough cosmic slot 5, I was using Cobra Hood for the vulnerability. Explosive Dart is decent enough, but kind of janky with only a 3s vulnerability. I was mainly just doing One-Shots/Kurse farming, so I 1 pointed Truncheon and maxed Statue, since Statue would always be up for bosses.

When I got a good cosmic slot 5, I moved the 1 point from Truncheon to Explosive, and added Explosive to the rotation. I kept Statue maxed for the farming aspect, but maxing Explosive is likely better for raids.

For Muscle Mayhem, since I actually needed sustained DPS, I 1 pointed Explosive and maxed Crescent Dart Throw. This is probably his highest DPS spec, and the one I'll keep using after this.

Flight if you want it. Truncheon or Crescent Fan for any trash clearing stuff you may want. I have 1 point in Fan on my build now, but Truncheon's cool to get bouncing around in adds for added melee damage (or throwing out before the last hit of Gruesome for PURE VIDEO GAMING ATHLETECISM.)

Gear:
Fighting Challenge Bonuses, physical or crit and HP enchants
Slot 1: Overseer's Mace, Fragment of Twilight, Marc Spector's Spiked Gauntlets
Slot 2: Gorilla Pelt, Nate Grey's Psionic Armor, Lord Brimstone's Hide
Slot 3: Coat of the Skull, Breasts of the Hydra, Latverian Monarch Cloak, SHIELD Recon Belt
Slot 4: Batroc's, Nisanti, Hand Ninja Tabi, Footstigons
Slot 5: [Cosmic w/ Crit/CDR/+1 all/5 Spiked/5 CGP/5 Gruesome (ideal, obviously; look for high ranks of Gruesome as a must, with Cestus or Spiked if you can't get both, +1 to Lunar Legionnaire Tree is great if you only get ranks in Gruesome and one of the others)] Cobra Hood, Xorn's, Algrim, etc. His Crescent Launcher unique is a fairly decent option if you have none of those.

Medallion: Red Skull, Grim Reaper, Kurse (Tombstone, Kingpin if you want the health/don't have others, etc.)
Uru: Defense/Power Doop (God of Mischief as fallback)
Ring: Physical ICP (melee if you don't have Phys). Or, if you're a cool guy, one of the highest rolled mini-GOKs in the game, or one with Melee/Crit/Brut/CDR.
Legendary: Gungnir, Ultimate Nullifier for all max everything beasting
Insignia: A million good auras and affix combinations with the rework. Mockingbird, Shang Chi, Cap, Spider-Man, etc. with CDR/Attack Speed/Crit/BDR/Melee/Boss DR
Pet: 8% hp (3% def)/50 spirit/10% brutal damage (3% crit dam, physical, melee)/+2 melee (+1 all)/+3 Fighting (STR)

Artifacts: Swiggin, GOK, Adv. Meta, ZIGG (for cool dudes), Taskmaster, Hulkbuster Psychics Package, Zola, ACoC, ACCoC, A Cock

Costume: CDR with Medkit/Invuln core. Fighting/Medkit/Invuln for 3 stat core, Armored (+1000 Def) if you're even luckier/richer.

Rotation: Apply Bolas> Explosive> Crescent Dart Throw> Cestus Gauntlet Punch until low spirit. Then the game with Moon Knight is using Spiked Gauntlets and only using Cestus to apply the bleed while at low spirit, while still applying the other stuff and staying in a sweet spot, spirit wise, to keep it going.
You will want to respam Cestus when you use Statue, which gives you enough spirit regen to do so, or after medkitting. Ideally combine Avatar of Vengeance and Statue before Gruesome Frenzying, but sometimes the cooldowns during a long fight (or tribute gain in the case of Avatar) will be too far away from each other, in which case you may want to use just one that is only a few seconds later than Gruesome if the other is too far away, or use them as they're up while doing your regular rotation in that instance? (I'm no DPSman, so not sure.)

Build I've used for every round of the 88:
Max Crescent Fan, Bolas, Truncheon, none in Spiked or Explosive as the differences. Using Dragonfang (didn't have FragLight until this week) for his slot 1 and Crescent Launcher Unique as his slot 5, pet with +1 all I had from before. Did item swapping to get my regular build slot 1 and 5s on just before fighting Kurse and Lizard (which carried through until the end of Hyde), which in my case were Marc Spector's Spiked Gauntlets and Cobra Hood.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Since you're intentionally gimping your spirit to get the low spirit bonuses, how do you maintain spirit for trash clearing?

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Ah, right. Using Grim Reaper Medallion (which has spirit regen on kill) instead of Skull for the 88 trash. None of the low spirit stuff comes into play during the 88, it's just for fighting raid bosses and such.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Very solid build but is there anything for talented players like myself who want to do 19s ttk using only 2 skills? Can I do this with Moon King?

If not, he is unplayable and trash and I'll let Mr Gaz know he needs a major overhaul.

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Here's what you can do, ICR: write your local congressman and say, "I WANT MOON KING'S PASSIVE FIXED, NOW!" and hope they accidentally add several million crit/brut/damage rating to it. Until then, I WILL be shelving him and only spending my time with Marvel Heroes in the daily MODOK thread.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So serious question, is sun avatar guy actually having a breakdown over the punisher thing posted earlier, or is this just like an ironic gimmick thing?

I'm kinda confused.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Thanks Nickhimself for the awesome Luke Cage builds. Loved him before the 52 rework and loving him again now.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

KittyEmpress posted:

So serious question, is sun avatar guy actually having a breakdown over the punisher thing posted earlier, or is this just like an ironic gimmick thing?

I'm kinda confused.
The one rule: Do not believe his lies.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

KittyEmpress posted:

Yes.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm kinda confused.

idk if I'd describe it as 'ironic' but no, ICR is a very joke-y man and makes alot of posts where he pretends to be an official forums poster by getting mad at everything or pretends cosmic prestiging is in any way a smart or sane idea

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Another small victory for sun avatar guy! (Insert lots of emojis).

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

Less chin music for everyone!

Also, it would have been a hell of a waste not to have any lines for She-Hulk.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm kinda confused.

Cosmic Today.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

RatHat posted:

Is it even worth using pineapple with that build? Also I wonder if it's higher dps than the van.
Yes, because the dummy doesn't last long enough for your procced Vulnerability debuff and otherwise you have 62 spare skill points.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm kinda confused.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm kinda confused.

What you're reading are just randomly generated fakeposts. You have to cosmic to gain access to reading the real posts.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

If anything they'll just put a floor on how low you can get the cooldown on reload.

yeah, that's clearly not intended

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm kinda confused.

Sun avatar guy is severely mentally ill, it's best to just nod and smile and hope he doesn't have access to sharp things

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is the game really loving wonky for anyone else lately? I'm getting the stutter-y lag I used to only get running Dr Doom all over the place lately.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The one rule: Do not believe his lies.

Sun Avatar Guy Lies, Goon Guild Cries.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm kinda confused.

He is the best and worst of us, mostly the worst.

also Van raid best raid.

PoultryHammock fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 12, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm kinda confused.

it's just icr. you'll get used to him.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I'll make sure you spend money here. I apologize.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Reading ICR's post history is like reading the diary of someone succumbing to madness. It very gradually goes from normal guy who likes a video game to the crazy yellowman that he is now.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Punisher's War Journal: I forsee a ridiculous nerf

also gently caress the f****ts

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

everyone posted:

Yeah I kinda figured it was something like that, it's just weird getting into these groups of people who all know these gimmicks, and I'm never sure. Thanks.

Also, I got X-23 from that free box yesterday, so I guess yay-ish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

nostrata posted:

Reading ICR's post history is like reading the diary of someone succumbing to madness. It very gradually goes from normal guy who likes a video game to the crazy yellowman that he is now.

I have no idea how he's an actual human being. I'm starting to suspect he's a gestalt intelligence of every cosmic hero in the game.

• Locked thread