Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Teenage Fansub posted:

Does anyone know how large the Wii U full game download is?

From what I can tell (downloading it right now) like 7gb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

ChibiSoma posted:

I can't stand lances. They're slow, you've got zero crowd control, you've got nothing by way of evasive movement. Boring! Slow and boring, lances are.

There's a reason the first DLC mission awards Lances as a weapon!

Lances have, contrary to popular belief, have a 4 way dodge (Front, sides, Back). The shield charge (Block+Move+X) allows you to move forward a fair distance with keeping your block, so you can technically dodge forward, and still block attacks from the front. Dodges also provide a huge invulnerability frames, especially compared to normal dodges, meaning you can do stuff like side step into a Rathian tail swing and completely go through it because you have that many frames. Because everything in a lance is based off of 3s, you can side step or backhop up to 3 times(Or some combination of) and actually cover a good amount of distance before having to recover.

You also have a shield. It's a full block, meaning it's better than the Greatsword or the Sword and Shield, which means that 90% of the time, you won't take shave damage or get flung far distances like the other two blockers. Because you can block, this means you can ignore things like Windpressure, roars, fireballs, ice balls, lightning balls, mud, Wyvern Grapples, etc. Combined with your evasive capabilities above, there shouldn't be a reason you ever get hit. If you really want to hunker down, you can take Guard+1 or +2 and block things that are normally unblockable, like Agkantor laser beams. As stated above, your blocking advanced (Block+Move+X) actually blocks as you move forward, so you can do things like charge into tail swings, landing wyverns, whatever you feel like throwing yourself into that day; including projectiles meant for other hunters! Combined with the Auto-guard charm you get with starting out and you could literally put yourself into a corner, set down the controller, and comeback still alive. If you want to get tricky, though, you also have a counter move (Block+A) which allows you to 'time' a block, and you're rewarded by a counter attack. Wyverns like Barioth or Barroth can be 'Countered' with this ability, allowing you to score free hits on usually their tails, as they charge past you with only part of your stamina bar to show for it.

Lances are also fast -- Three attacks into a sidestep into three attacks forever. Your standard combo is something like X, A, A, with your A's doing more damage and your X's carrying you further into the opponent. Since you're A's target above you, you can do stuff like break Quro's beak or cut Rathalos', Barroth's tail without having to knock it down or doing anything special asides from attacking it. Because you're attacks are quick and can easily combo into a dodges, you can get one or two hits in and dodge right after, you can sneak in hits here and there while slower weapons have to play alot more carefully, doubly so while a monster is enraging. Their speed also makes them great elemental and affliction weapons. The Baltzinger you get from the DLC quest can demolish a Barioth in basically no time, and once you get your hand on a good Paralyze spear, you're basically guarenteed at least two paralyzes, if not three depending on how luck you are with the procs. Getting elemental/Affliction is even better when it comes to charging, as you can 'get stuck' on certain large monsters and hit at least a dozen of times with your charge, which can easily add up to a good chunk of damage or a hefty amount of affliction onto them.

Did I mention they also do Pierce damage? Unlike most weapons that deal cutting(Most melee weapons) or impact (Hammers, hunting horns), lances do Piercing damage. Basically it means that, normally you're dealing cutting damage, so you can cut tails and the like. But if you would be doing more damage as impact, your weapon will automatically use that damage weakness instead, so you're basically always getting the sweetest part of the deal (Minus some rare exceptions).

Edit: I forgot to mention that your Blocking Advance (Block+Move+X) can also be combod with another X into a shield swing, which if you hit the head, has the same effect as the hammer hitting the head. Then you can follow up with another X and two more stabs just like a normal lance combo again.

Basically Lance weapons are the best weapons and I won't hear anything otherwise.

-----

Finally, which one of you goons are running around in a full Bnharaba suit and a violin spamming the Flaunt gesture? You're a fabulous man doing God's work (Also you're pretty good on the hunting horn).

Also what the hell does Unity level do? I've hit 1.07 with my friend and we're both looking at it wondering what it does.

TalonDemonKing fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 25, 2013

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm disappointed that there's lance hate. They were one of the best weapons in Tri and apparently were so good they had to be toned down for 3U. Oh well. I guess I'll just go back to killing monsters faster with my lance than I do with my longsword. :black101:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Does the circlepad pro work with monster hunter 3 ultimate? I gave tri a go with a classic controler and its fine but I doubt my hands would react well to claw grip.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Brett824 posted:

From what I can tell (downloading it right now) like 7gb?

I think its 6219MB according to the system data management. I think capcom listed it at 6.3 when asked how much drive space someone would need I assume they either rounded up or it needs that for unpacking (or somehow the download is larger then the install which would be absolutely amazing).

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007
first time player, just did my first online hunt and I am hooked!

Me and a long sword bro spent a good 20 mins beating down this Qurupeco that just wouldn't die, almost got killed by an Arzuros during the chase, and finally broke that birds face :black101: all for a sweet new pair of pants!

I do like the lack of a hp bar on monsters, makes it certainly more exciting when you finally see your foe limp away and you've almost got it cmonnnnn

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I tend to just take what hits I can get, while trying to focus on getting myself as close to the head as I can. Keep charged, drop your superpound wherever if you have to or do a spin-into-swing if you think you can, and then dodge. Always make sure you have the stamina to get one good roll off at very least.

Basically, just be constantly observing the monster for any possible openings while you're charging and dancing around them. So yeah, like Zexy said, it's boxing.

If you find yourself chasing the monster a lot use the single-charge dashing uppercut to close the distance while doing some damage instead of constantly plodding around with a full charge. Also sneak in a normal attack or two if you don't quite have enough time to charge before its next attack. That stuff adds up quick.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I think it's agreed amongst MH fans that the lance is easy mode. Even if you're not great at it you can block through the whole fight and the attack pattern is so simple it can be compared to the TF2 pyro's w+mouse 1.

The charge is loving metal though. I'll always yell "For glory!" when I do it. I wish the greatsword had something like that.

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 25, 2013

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010
A good lancer will keep a monster on permastun by themselves. Also, for hammer, when you see the monster doing their classic two turn adjust to get at you, release the super pound at turn one. You'll hit on both and have time to dodge away if you do it right.

Some pisser offer: Golf swing (x - x - x) misses on nibel snarf a lot of the time.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
Question about the DLC/Event quest info:

Once the new DLC comes up, this existing DLC is still available to play, right? I don't have much time to play, have to split my gaming time between multiple other games, and want to make sure I'm not screwing myself out of a Barioth destroyer for not focusing on loading up on those tickets. I've got 2, but that quest is just so boring I don't want to spend more time playing it when I could be advancing in the village quests. Only at 3*'s in the village quests, so I have a long way to go yet.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Republicans posted:

If you find yourself chasing the monster a lot use the single-charge dashing uppercut to close the distance while doing some damage instead of constantly plodding around with a full charge. Also sneak in a normal attack or two if you don't quite have enough time to charge before its next attack. That stuff adds up quick.

All good stuff. Another Hammer Bros tip: Get used to putting your weapon away and running. (This is 101 level stuff I know, but it helped me) You can run up and X attack a monster's face then roll and see what they're gonna do. Then you can roll away or go into the R+X attacks.

I really wish I knew the Arzuros armor was -10 to fire before I sold all my Jaggi stuff to get the funds to make it. It sure makes hunting Qurupecos fun. :cry: Think I'll skip the Quru set and go for the Barroth stuff. I'm also up to a War Hammer+ and need to decide if I wanna go War Mace, Vortex Hammer, or Frozen Core next...while keeping a second Iron Hammer around to go down the Plume Flint path, and gathering stuff to make that DLC Gunlance. How did I end up playing 10 hours yesterday? Oh yeah...

EDIT

And I love how I can "pause" the game with the Home button, look poo poo up on the internet browser, then go right back to the game. It's a little thing, but very helpful!

Static Rook fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 25, 2013

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.
One thing that goes a long way is the fantastic orchestral score.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ChibiSoma posted:

Armor can't get any better than it currently is. I've Armor Sphered it up as much as I can with the current level I have access to. Just gotta bring double the antidote supplies and no useless Shakalakas next time I try taking out a Pink Rathian.

Have you considered Wroggi armor? I blindly forged it thinking "oh, Wroggi's poisonous, this might help against Rathian :downs:". As it turns out, it grants full poison immunity and looks awesome.

seriously get Wroggi armor

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 25, 2013

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Wozbo posted:

A good lancer will keep a monster on permastun by themselves. Also, for hammer, when you see the monster doing their classic two turn adjust to get at you, release the super pound at turn one. You'll hit on both and have time to dodge away if you do it right.

Some pisser offer: Golf swing (x - x - x) misses on nibel snarf a lot of the time.

Stunning, like with the shield bash, or staggered? Cause if it's the former, I have alot of catching up to do.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

So how about that event quest lance huh? Needs 5 bullfango heads, 70 bullfango carves later I have a grand total of 1 head. The real Monster Hunter starts here

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
OK, I am up to 5 star village quests, and I think i'm ready to play online. Do I have to play with people on my friend's list, or is there some random solo queue type thing that pairs me up with anyone for guild quests? How does this work?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
When is the earliest I can fight Great Baggi, both online and off?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Countblanc posted:

Offline it is at 4 stars, since that is when you unlock the Tundra.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Gunlances are the lances cooler older brother. Nothing feels more badass than shooting a monster out of the sky or blasting a wyvern fire into a monsters face and watching both wings break and their face crack.

Gunlance Pros/Cons-

Pros-
Blocking
Cutting of tails
Massive Damage
Mild range / ability to shoot upwards and knock monsters out of flight and/or hit hard to reach high up monster parts.
Well placed wyvern fires guarantee almost all breaks on every fight.

Cons-
Cannot stun
Slow movement with weapon out

On my very first nibblesnarf I walked up and wyvernfired right as he was doing his intro yell/strut and shot the uvula right out of his mouth.
On my very first queropeco I walked up and wyvernfired right as he was doing his into yell/spin and shot both his flints off. Broke his face with the second one.

The only fight in single player that has taken more than 15 minutes was the dumbabros (or however you spell it). Most fights have been 7-10 minutes. I'm currently up to Pink Rathain which took 12 minutes.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

Lizard Wizard posted:

Have you considered Wroggi armor? I blindly forged it thinking "oh, Wroggi's poisonous, this might help against Rathian :downs:". As it turns out, it grants full poison immunity and looks awesome.

seriously get Wroggi armor

I'm HR5 online and HR7 offline and still wearing this set. It's just too drat good. Not only does it look cool, but the sharpness and no poison is awesome. That being said I should probably find a replacement for it, I really want to keep the razorsharp skill though.

CaptainPoopsock
May 2, 2005

My dear cherry blossoms.. bloom in full splendor!

Jet Set Jettison posted:

Anyone have some Hammer tips? I feel like I'm not getting enough headshots off and am doing far too much running around.

Also you can time the downwards swing of your superpound so it comes down just as the monster turns to face you (I think there are some videos on youtube that may demonstrate what I mean). The first level of the charge does a fast, lunging, upward swing that is pretty effective in closing a short distance gap and landing a quick headshot.

But yeah, go for exhaustion or for trips by hitting the legs and use the opportunity to get some hedshots as well.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Static Rook posted:

All good stuff. Another Hammer Bros tip: Get used to putting your weapon away and running. (This is 101 level stuff I know, but it helped me) You can run up and X attack a monster's face then roll and see what they're gonna do. Then you can roll away or go into the R+X attacks.

Man, I literally only put my hammer away when I'm chasing a monster to another zone or using an item. I have started to use the lower level charges a bit more, though mostly by accident, and I still basically never use the base combos. Honestly, I find the easiest thing to do is to let the monster start an attack animation, walk around the animation, and start charging as you advance on them. You'll probably be ready to go by the time they're done, and if they do something unexpected you can still easily dodge away.

Another good tactic when fighting quick monsters that tend to leap back and forth across the map while playing solo is to rarely bother chasing them. Most times they'll come to you, and usually in an easily predictable fashion, so you can casually stroll around their charge and drop the hammer on them.

Basically, if you're using a hammer you should almost never be running (i.e., have your hammer put away) and only really be doing an actual roll in emergencies. Otherwise you should be charging and moving out of the way well before you're actually in danger.

Then again it kind of sounds like I do it wrong, so who knows?

Edit: One thing that's universal, though? Traps are your best friend. Drop a shock or, ideally, a pitfall and then just go nuts. A perfect time to hammer faces off, and something I used a lot of when I first started Tri.

korofrog
Dec 15, 2006
smell my face!!!
Ok guys, got a question and didn't feel like slogging through 33 pages to find it.

I currently do not own a Wii U, but would get one just for this game. Now, would I be able to hook up the system, keep it offline and still manage to set it up so I get the table I want or do I have to hook it up to the internet first in order to get the system update then go back through and turn off wireless, etc.? Or is there still a system update the first time you want to use the console?

Also, gently caress you guys for making me want to break out the credit card for this.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was freaking out about the tables before getting the game but now that I'm actually playing it the tables don't really seem to be that big of a deal. I think the OP really overstates how important it is

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

TalonDemonKing posted:

There's a reason the first DLC mission awards Lances as a weapon!

Lances have, contrary to popular belief, have a 4 way dodge (Front, sides, Back). The shield charge (Block+Move+X) allows you to move forward a fair distance with keeping your block, so you can technically dodge forward, and still block attacks from the front. Dodges also provide a huge invulnerability frames, especially compared to normal dodges, meaning you can do stuff like side step into a Rathian tail swing and completely go through it because you have that many frames. Because everything in a lance is based off of 3s, you can side step or backhop up to 3 times(Or some combination of) and actually cover a good amount of distance before having to recover.

You also have a shield. It's a full block, meaning it's better than the Greatsword or the Sword and Shield, which means that 90% of the time, you won't take shave damage or get flung far distances like the other two blockers. Because you can block, this means you can ignore things like Windpressure, roars, fireballs, ice balls, lightning balls, mud, Wyvern Grapples, etc. Combined with your evasive capabilities above, there shouldn't be a reason you ever get hit. If you really want to hunker down, you can take Guard+1 or +2 and block things that are normally unblockable, like Agkantor laser beams. As stated above, your blocking advanced (Block+Move+X) actually blocks as you move forward, so you can do things like charge into tail swings, landing wyverns, whatever you feel like throwing yourself into that day; including projectiles meant for other hunters! Combined with the Auto-guard charm you get with starting out and you could literally put yourself into a corner, set down the controller, and comeback still alive. If you want to get tricky, though, you also have a counter move (Block+A) which allows you to 'time' a block, and you're rewarded by a counter attack. Wyverns like Barioth or Barroth can be 'Countered' with this ability, allowing you to score free hits on usually their tails, as they charge past you with only part of your stamina bar to show for it.

Lances are also fast -- Three attacks into a sidestep into three attacks forever. Your standard combo is something like X, A, A, with your A's doing more damage and your X's carrying you further into the opponent. Since you're A's target above you, you can do stuff like break Quro's beak or cut Rathalos', Barroth's tail without having to knock it down or doing anything special asides from attacking it. Because you're attacks are quick and can easily combo into a dodges, you can get one or two hits in and dodge right after, you can sneak in hits here and there while slower weapons have to play alot more carefully, doubly so while a monster is enraging. Their speed also makes them great elemental and affliction weapons. The Baltzinger you get from the DLC quest can demolish a Barioth in basically no time, and once you get your hand on a good Paralyze spear, you're basically guarenteed at least two paralyzes, if not three depending on how luck you are with the procs. Getting elemental/Affliction is even better when it comes to charging, as you can 'get stuck' on certain large monsters and hit at least a dozen of times with your charge, which can easily add up to a good chunk of damage or a hefty amount of affliction onto them.

Did I mention they also do Pierce damage? Unlike most weapons that deal cutting(Most melee weapons) or impact (Hammers, hunting horns), lances do Piercing damage. Basically it means that, normally you're dealing cutting damage, so you can cut tails and the like. But if you would be doing more damage as impact, your weapon will automatically use that damage weakness instead, so you're basically always getting the sweetest part of the deal (Minus some rare exceptions).

Edit: I forgot to mention that your Blocking Advance (Block+Move+X) can also be combod with another X into a shield swing, which if you hit the head, has the same effect as the hammer hitting the head. Then you can follow up with another X and two more stabs just like a normal lance combo again.

Basically Lance weapons are the best weapons and I won't hear anything otherwise.

-----

Finally, which one of you goons are running around in a full Bnharaba suit and a violin spamming the Flaunt gesture? You're a fabulous man doing God's work (Also you're pretty good on the hunting horn).

Also what the hell does Unity level do? I've hit 1.07 with my friend and we're both looking at it wondering what it does.

I just crafted the ML001: Baltzenger after doing the DLC Bullfangos arena quest. This thing is insane and super easy to get materials for. :psyduck:

sexy wheely
Oct 11, 2008

Countblanc posted:

i dont think you can do it online but in SP its when you unlock tundra at 4 star level

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

After the big effortpost on lances I'd like to give them a try again now that I'm somewhat better at controlling the game. One question: there's the Lance, then there's the Lance Which Is Also A Gun. Besides one having a loving gun are the differences in combo, playstyle, etc. especially significant? Is the gun's blast limited to touching the monster or can it fire at a distance?

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

KimT posted:

I was freaking out about the tables before getting the game but now that I'm actually playing it the tables don't really seem to be that big of a deal. I think the OP really overstates how important it is

It only matters late game or if you want a rustshard/ancient shard weapon. Most people will probably rage quit or just quit from boredom before they are griding for perfect or near perfect charms.

The problem is once you roll a character the only way to fix your table is to start over. So if you're 200-300-400 hours deep into a save and realize you'd really like that ancient shard hammer or that you do want to grind the perfect charm there is no easy way to fix it.

EDIT: Plus it literally takes 5 minutes to just pick a table with the time trick.

Bugamol fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 25, 2013

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Man, I literally only put my hammer away when I'm chasing a monster to another zone or using an item

<snip>

Then again it kind of sounds like I do it wrong, so who knows?

Edit: One thing that's universal, though? Traps are your best friend. Drop a shock or, ideally, a pitfall and then just go nuts. A perfect time to hammer faces off, and something I used a lot of when I first started Tri.

Nah, that's probably a better way than mine. I just like running around like a spaz and throwing Sonic Bombs, etc. If my last hunt against Quru, where it called in a loving Rathalos (and I'm still -10 to fire), is any indication, my way of hammering leaves much to be desired.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

After the big effortpost on lances I'd like to give them a try again now that I'm somewhat better at controlling the game. One question: there's the Lance, then there's the Lance Which Is Also A Gun. Besides one having a loving gun are the differences in combo, playstyle, etc. especially significant? Is the gun's blast limited to touching the monster or can it fire at a distance?

Gunlance ammo has a pretty short distance (even if you're using "long" shots). I posted a little blurb about gunlances about half a page up.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I just crafted the ML001: Baltzenger after doing the DLC Bullfangos arena quest. This thing is insane and super easy to get materials for. :psyduck:

The best thing is, the DLC weapon once upgraded destroys the Lagicrus. You can break any part you want off of him with ease. I've had no issues getting the Lagicrus horns because his face shatters after a few good hits from the weapon.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Static Rook posted:

Nah, that's probably a better way than mine. I just like running around like a spaz and throwing Sonic Bombs, etc. If my last hunt against Quru, where it called in a loving Rathalos (and I'm still -10 to fire), is any indication, my way of hammering leaves much to be desired.

I've made it into, and most of the way through, High Rank in two games doing it the way I do. But it may really just be that it fits how I like to play. I usually depend on other people to do things like Sonic Bombing while I just focus on hammering.

If it makes you feel any better, I'd fight Rathalos and Agnaktor in Duramboros armor Portable 3rd which is -15 Fire. It hurt. A lot. But once you learn tells and dodges, you can actually manage pretty well.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Gunlance is less a lance with a gun but more a lance that explodes at the end. It's a more offensive, but gives up multiple-side hops and generally feeling alot slower (In my opinion) than the lance does.

It hits like a mac truck with a bunch of smaller mac trucks, though.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
If you're feeling scrubby, lances also allow you to do a small poke with the shield up, just like in Dark Souls. Unlike Dark Souls, you are vulnerable in some frames. Another nice strategy is to trip a monster and then charge at it while getting stuck on its geometry. You will run in place and you can get dozens of hits off when done right. The lance charge is really, really useful for mobility and damage (maybe not so much damage, don't know what the values are for 3U). This is why I'm not getting the 3DS version - why the hell there isn't a dedicated button for lance charging?

nerdz fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 25, 2013

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

nerdz posted:

If you're feeling scrubby, lances also allow you to do a small poke with the shield up, just like in Dark Souls. Unlike Dark Souls, you are vulnerable in some frames. Another nice strategy is to trip a monster and then charge at it while getting stuck on its geometry. You will run in place and you can get dozens of hits off when done right. The lance charge is really, really useful for mobility and damage (maybe not so much damage, don't know what the values are for 3U). This is why I'm not getting the 3DS version - why the hell there isn't a dedicated button for lance charging?

R+X+Y will send you into the charge without any need for touchscreen shenanigans. I was very relieved when I figured that out after breaking out the lance to cut off some tails.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

ChibiSoma posted:

I can't be the only one they keep killing. You guys have any stories of them suddenly deciding to be cowards and leading an enraged monster straight into you?

You should read the descriptions of the masks, there's absolutely no reason not to use the shakalakas. If you don't want them to fight, more than likely there is a mask for that. You can also trade for the gathering ability from the Argosy trader that makes it so they only gather/carve and do not fight.

This is nice because, they are still a target for when you are solo'ing and my cha-cha has much better luck than I do at getting the pieces I want from monsters.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Is there a way to know what the Shakalaka kids have gathered beyond returning to town? Last night I spent an entire gathering trip trying to find a King Scarab, only to learn that Cha-Cha had found three.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

You should read the descriptions of the masks, there's absolutely no reason not to use the shakalakas. If you don't want them to fight, more than likely there is a mask for that. You can also trade for the gathering ability from the Argosy trader that makes it so they only gather/carve and do not fight.

Seriously, bunny mask owns. It lets you immediately pinpoint a large monster's location.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Countblanc posted:

Is there a way to know what the Shakalaka kids have gathered beyond returning to town? Last night I spent an entire gathering trip trying to find a King Scarab, only to learn that Cha-Cha had found three.

Nope, you have to check-in after every mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
How scrubby am I for using Wroggi gunner armour for normal shot up and the rathian lightbowgun for rapidfire normal 2/ 5 shots of normal 3 then just spamming those? I've never used a bowgun before but I really like the idea and am trying it out. I generally also apply one poison and one para, but unless they're weak to fire it's just all normal all the time.

gobbledygoat fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 25, 2013

• Locked thread