Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
fivefingers
May 7, 2007

Dustmaster 2008, and counting
Just a building, couldn't think of any more inspired stuff to do with this.. Took ages as it is. kinda like my palm trees though.
I'll do something more ínteresting later, isometrics was fun as hell

Click here for the full 1167x586 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aciid c0d3r
Jun 21, 2008
"Shouldn't you be out mowing the lawn, or spending time with your wife?"
\
:backtowork:
BASE UPDATE: I've got all the roads laid out pretty much the way I want them and I have the barracks and main entrance done so far. Here's a MSPaint "map" of what I expect to do:

Click here for the full 1781x881 image.

I could really use some help with helicopters and road signs. Any takers?

edit: the green circle area is what is complete so far.

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

I'm very upset that Mario and Luigi selling magic mushrooms at the Gewn School is being blocked by the statue of liberty. :colbert:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Every city needs its own death ray. Any advice/corrections would be appreciated. First time with this pixel art.

Click here for the full 1246x730 image.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 18, 2008

Shakra
Jul 30, 2004

TigerMoJo posted:

I'm very upset that Mario and Luigi selling magic mushrooms at the Gewn School is being blocked by the statue of liberty. :colbert:

Yeah I need to move the stuff behind that huge block.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Riddick bout to shank a fool.

Am I blind or did this not make it in?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Aciid c0d3r posted:

BASE UPDATE: I've got all the roads laid out pretty much the way I want them and I have the barracks and main entrance done so far. Here's a MSPaint "map" of what I expect to do:

I could really use some help with helicopters and road signs. Any takers?

edit: the green circle area is what is complete so far.
I'll be willing to help out where needed (as long as it's not too complicated, I still suck at this) with signs and stuff.

Wallet posted:

Am I blind or did this not make it in?
It's next to the big asian palace, partly hidden by palm trees.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

I just noticed that the concrete barriers south of the Planet of the Apes finale are transparent in the middle right now. Sorry if that has been pointed out already.

This is looking absolutely incredible. I agreed with the comments that it was making a sad and empty field for a while but was waiting to see if the cool buildings came in like the OP said they would and these are fantastic. There's some really impressive work here in stuff like the Dukes of Hazzard jump, just to name one (there's more every time I inspect it a little closer).

Not that I've ever tried pixel art before but it's just another thread that's making me want to join in on the art. MAYBE I'll find the time to do something I think is worthwhile but I need an idea. I'll keep reading up on ideas other people post.

torsloke
Feb 17, 2005

Shakra posted:

Updated city

It's been said before, but it bears saying again - Shakra you are a god among goons. If there is any justice, history books will cite the name Shakra alongside Medici as the greatest patrons of art. Medici gave us Michelangelo, but Shakra begat Goon City.

I have a work in progress for which I would like to reserve two large plots on the northern outskirts of town, please.

Aciid c0d3r
Jun 21, 2008
"Shouldn't you be out mowing the lawn, or spending time with your wife?"
\
:backtowork:

drunkill posted:

I'll be willing to help out where needed (as long as it's not too complicated, I still suck at this) with signs and stuff.

sweet. I need stop signs, and I also need three different houses for the officers.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Also, made this for pixeldam around 3 years ago, feel free to use if you want:

Jetlam
Mar 29, 2007

Steve Perry, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
holy poo poo Wet Bandit, that's awesome.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Two girlfriends for Kal-El, and one real journalist to pick up the slack.

gross
Jan 7, 2006

Well, here's your problem!
I made a courthouse. Probably needs more shadows and details, but I'm calling it finished for now.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Here's my first real contribution, because I didn't realize my first idea had already been done.

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

ronin686 posted:

Here's my first real contribution, because I didn't realize my first idea had already been done.

Are they the same color?

E1M5
Feb 6, 2007

JonoT45 posted:

Are they the same color?

With the shadow over it, yes.

Coleridge49
May 8, 2007

gross posted:

I made a courthouse. Probably needs more shadows and details, but I'm calling it finished for now.

This needs to be connected to the delorean flame trails thingy

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

JonoT45 posted:

Are they the same color?

Yes, it's a recreation of my favorite optical illusion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_color_illusion

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Drr...Drr...Drr...Drr...

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Drr...Drr...Drr...Drr...

You have to do the obligatory cliff face as well, with a line of people leading up to it.

dlnorton
Apr 1, 2005

Constantly Drunk - Constantly Depraved
Been working on this idea. I need to find a fat "Tron Guy" to add in there somwhere. Still a work in progress.

Click here for the full 1167x602 image.

E: Okay, found a Tron Guy. But still a work in progress unless I don't add anything new.

dlnorton fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 18, 2008

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

JonoT45 posted:

You have to do the obligatory cliff face as well, with a line of people leading up to it.

I'll give it a shot. I think I'm ready to try something more ambitious.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

I found Waldo: Next to the red jeep behind the Asian pagoda thing

This thing is looking better every day.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
one thing, why is thunderbird 1's shadow over the matrix building, but thunderbird 1 is over by the tower? might want to look into that.. *else i'll hush up now*

nny_ix
Apr 26, 2006

What?

I'm making things interesting!
the clown with the balloons and the fat kid are on top of trees next to the goon school, I'm freakin out man.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Here's some early work on my signs. You can use the pole to pick and mix signs I suppose. And I left a white rectangle template for people to make their own signs if needed. Just horizontally rotate it to face the other way.

Transparent .PNG

Back Background .Jpg

More to come later.

posting smiling
Jun 22, 2008
Ok, I think the BYOBungalows are done.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Majestic Goonagara Fault.

Suggestions gratefully accepted.

Featherlake
Jul 28, 2005

YOU HAVE WON THE BATTLE, BUT THE WAR RAGES ON

fivefingers posted:

Just a building, couldn't think of any more inspired stuff to do with this.. Took ages as it is. kinda like my palm trees though.
I'll do something more ínteresting later, isometrics was fun as hell

Just a building?

Look at the shading/texture on the roof! Bravo!

I just noticed that the palm trees do not have shadows and neither does the house (at the back). Also maybe the grass can do with some more texture? This is great work!!!

Featherlake fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Aug 18, 2008

Clicktrack
Aug 15, 2007
Kawasakis! Maicos! PURSANG!

Raws posted:

And so they lived happily on Zoombini Isle, making small, useful products which were prized the world over:

But wait, there's more

Goon_City_Zoombini_Kit.zip (20 kb, requires Photoshop)

Oh. My. GOD! You rule!

Somebody do a Zoombniville tile!

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!
Finished DS:

The idea of people playing a game has defeated me -- for now.

I'm done with this for the moment, obviously if anyone wants to make a game I'll still add it in. Thanks for the SA game nny_ix.

I'll come back to it if I ever feel more comfortable making people.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Majestic Goonagara Fault.

Suggestions gratefully accepted.

Add some fat goons screaming "OH MY GAWD I'M NEVER GONNA SLEEP AGAIN" or other cries of terror that always come up when Amigara Fault is mentioned.

vvvv It's the one with the walking fish... I've forgotten the name though.

PS1 Hagrid fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 18, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Beachcomber posted:

Drr...Drr...Drr...Drr...

What's the spider thing from? I don't remember that in the comic.

Freelancepolice
Apr 8, 2008
here's mine - the shadow should be alpha'd so you can just plonk it down

fivefingers
May 7, 2007

Dustmaster 2008, and counting

Featherlake posted:

Just a building?

Look at the shading/texture on the roof! Bravo!

I just noticed that the palm trees do not have shadows and neither does the house (at the back). Also maybe the grass can do with some more texture? This is great work!!!

Your'e right of course, so I updated it. Grass got a bit long, so added a lawnmover.

I don't know much about alphachannels and such, if I need to do something about the shadows/grass outside the box, let me know.

Also let me know if anyone wants me to upload a psd with a layer of grass to gut brushes from.

tonkafloss
Feb 5, 2003

Maybe for the artist colony section or something ?

People need art materials !

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Sadly I lack any artistic talent whatsoever and wouldn't be able to do this justice, but has anyone thought of recreating Frogger crossing the river?

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Cart posted:

Sadly I lack any artistic talent whatsoever and wouldn't be able to do this justice, but has anyone thought of recreating Frogger crossing the river?

I'm on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
no killdozer? :( :killdozer:

Also if there was a Robocop I missed him. I know I didn't see an ED-209.