Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PreMoo posted:

They have some of the highest stats players: Guarin, Vidal, Maggio, De Rossi etc.

They did last year, too, but a bunch of the top players got downgraded. De Rossi got knocked down 2 points, Maggio 2, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The BPL and La Liga are always rated highest it is just a fact. You can watch when a player moves to the BPL how their stats jump accordingly. Other leagues are rated somewhere between fairly and criminally. The Liga Portuguesa took a bunch of huge hits this year as did the RPL. Serie A took a few minor bumps. My crackpot theory is this is to make room for the FIFA legends to look good comparably while still having the popular leagues (BPL, Liga) maintain their form.

Also SIF Mitroglu looks crazy and I have a hybrid ready to go if I decide to try him out.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Ogbonna got upgraded despite being injured most of the season, shaarawy got upgraded despite being out of form most of the season. Ditto Jovetic, but I think that was because of a move to the BPL.

Essentially, the rating system is hosed up. Inler, who had 2 IFs last year, got downgraded or stayed the same. Vidal, who had IFs, TOTS and was voted best goddamn player in Serie A for that season went up by one point.

Then there are the position changes that suck, ie left full back. 2 gold options that's all you get.

Serie A makes up for it with their quality of players, but goddamn.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
Anyone have any issues with PC Online matches failing to launch? I have sat for 10 minutes waiting on my opponents to load the past 3 matches and have to alt tab out and close the program, resulting in a loss and that god drat "DNF" modifier. Which I can only assume gives them a win, which furthers the exceedingly stupid match making in FUT on PC :(

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
How often do you guys sub out your defenders or your midfield in a H2H season game? I've been playing with lower rank teams and I constantly get scored on around the 90th min. I don't know if its because I just mess up in defending or its because I need fresh legs on the field. Does that game punish players that come onto the field because they haven't been playing as long as say someone that that was in the starting 11? Obviously there is a stamina issue. Would a 70 over all defender who comes on in the 75 min be able mark efficiently a forward that is a 80 over all who has been playing the entire game?

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Mr Cynicism posted:

How often do you guys sub out your defenders or your midfield in a H2H season game? I've been playing with lower rank teams and I constantly get scored on around the 90th min. I don't know if its because I just mess up in defending or its because I need fresh legs on the field. Does that game punish players that come onto the field because they haven't been playing as long as say someone that that was in the starting 11? Obviously there is a stamina issue. Would a 70 over all defender who comes on in the 75 min be able mark efficiently a forward that is a 80 over all who has been playing the entire game?

The major difference is the ability to sprint and recover. The less stamina a defender has, the increased likelihood he will not be able to recover quickly from a quick counterattack/make interceptions.

I like to make a defensive sub or two late in the game. If a player is only attacking down one flank, I'll switch the fullback to help close down space faster. Otherwise, I'll switch my DM/CM, and switch to them to close down the space in the midfield/help out my defense. If my CB is really knackered, or they just brought on a new CF, I may switch my CB.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

A BALLIN LUNCH!! posted:

It's De Bruyne

5* weak foot hes incredible for me.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I was taking some of the complaints with a pinch of salt, mainly because I've been playing the Be a Pro career mode thing, but I'm beginning to think something ain't quite right. Just played a match which saw 5 men sent off from my team. I've also had 5 red cards in half a season, mostly seemingly for walking past opponents, or even them running into me. Weird.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
You should play Parmos instead

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Aubameyang is very annoying to play against.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Serotonin posted:

I was taking some of the complaints with a pinch of salt, mainly because I've been playing the Be a Pro career mode thing, but I'm beginning to think something ain't quite right. Just played a match which saw 5 men sent off from my team. I've also had 5 red cards in half a season, mostly seemingly for walking past opponents, or even them running into me. Weird.

This is bizarre considering how lenient the game is with fouls. The most effective defense seems to be hammering on the push/lunge button.

I really have to question EA's distribution of licensing/development funds. Why include a bazillion bronze players when any human with 2 working hands and a vague understanding of the sport can get to Division 9 with enough coins to buy an entire gold/silver squad?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

CaptainRightful posted:

This is bizarre considering how lenient the game is with fouls. The most effective defense seems to be hammering on the push/lunge button.

I really have to question EA's distribution of licensing/development funds. Why include a bazillion bronze players when any human with 2 working hands and a vague understanding of the sport can get to Division 9 with enough coins to buy an entire gold/silver squad?

I don't think licensing poo poo like league two is expensive, and there are people who like playing with their real life favorite poo poo teams, not necessarily using said cards on FUT.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
is the patch on ps3 yet

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Seltzer posted:

I don't think licensing poo poo like league two is expensive, and there are people who like playing with their real life favorite poo poo teams, not necessarily using said cards on FUT.

True. I'd enjoy the Football Manager aspects of FUT more if they increased the cost of all players or reduced the coins you get for losing a match, so that people had to learn to appreciate a high-chemistry all-bronze squad.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

CaptainRightful posted:

We'll if it's me being scythed down in the box by the AI then theres never a foul.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Serotonin posted:

I've deserved every yellow I've had in career mode. A few iffy fouls going either way, but no cards.

What buttons are you pressing to tackle?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Im having this weird glitch where I pass it to someone offside but its intercepted. The whistle doesnt blow but when I go and tackle him with the player or with anoter one regardless of how long the opponent has the ball or how far he travels the whistle gets blown and I get called offside.

I have even watched the line official put his flag back down, then back up when there are a few defenders between me and the goal.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

I usually use the contain button then tap the step in button at seemingly an appropriate point. Lots of red cards seem to happen when I avoid a tackle or stumble over a player into another player though. I concede I'm not a very good FIFA player so it could just be my incompetence.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Soulex posted:

Im having this weird glitch where I pass it to someone offside but its intercepted. The whistle doesnt blow but when I go and tackle him with the player or with anoter one regardless of how long the opponent has the ball or how far he travels the whistle gets blown and I get called offside.

I have even watched the line official put his flag back down, then back up when there are a few defenders between me and the goal.

I dunno if that's a glitch really, that's how the offside rule is supposed to work it's just rarely ever implemented correctly.

If a player in an offside position gets his team some sort of advantage through being an offside position it's an offside foul, so if the ball is intercepted and then your team gets it it's a definite offside call (i.e, the ball wouldn't have been passed in that direction if it weren't for a player being offside).

I'm still pissed off at how rarely the ref signals advantage when the opponent is caught offside but your defenders easily intercept it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Serotonin posted:

I usually use the contain button then tap the step in button at seemingly an appropriate point. Lots of red cards seem to happen when I avoid a tackle or stumble over a player into another player though. I concede I'm not a very good FIFA player so it could just be my incompetence.

Don't hold the contain button. Just walk around like a normal person. You don't even have to press tackle most of the time. I don't know what most of these buttons are.

I barge players off the ball constantly but never concede fouls for it.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
There's a 19mb update out on the 360. Probably the patch

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Does the patch make the game fun??

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Aubameyang is very annoying to play against.

Yeah, after being frustrated every time I ran into him I went and made a team with him. He's amazing and it's almost impossible to stop him getting behind the defense.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

My friend scored a cool goal http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/profile/media/PS3/AoguSakka/2014/video/173503247

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
God drat I really don't understand this game and what I'm doing wrong. It seems like every single time I make my way into the box the ball gets swiped away instantly every time. Even when mash B my player just can't that poo poo off his foot. I know that I suck, that much is obvious, but when I'm losing games where I have >75% possession and the other guy is literally just spamming lob passes I start getting suspicious about whether the game just sucks or I just suck. Although it was pretty satisfying and hilarious coming back from a 2-0 deficit in the 80th minute with 3 consecutive, identical plays where I would just sprint up the wing and cross it in for 3 headers. He rage quit right as I was about to score a bicycle kick in added time to make it 4-2

Would any goons mind adding me and playing some friendlies or something? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and I could use some pointers. I'm working on not hitting sprint so much and poo poo but it still feels like I just get NO chances since I get tackled the second I enter the box.

Sorry for the ramble but if anyone does want to play I'm on 360 and my gt is bait gina.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
i'll add you later tonight bud

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Y'all should play some co-op seasons it's the poo poo. I was on the verge of trading this game in this morning, then my buddy asks me to do some co-op and we go 7-0-0 tonight. Try it just for the fact that the bad teams you face before matchmaking sorts you into competitive matches are so unbelievably bad as to make it a delight.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
New patch seems poo poo. IMO.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind

emanresu tnuocca posted:

New patch seems poo poo. IMO.

Don't say that! I was looking forward to going home and playing FIFA tonight.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
There is nothing more fun then starting the game, building up play for your first shot on target only for their GK to roll it to their LB, lob a ball past the half way line, your defenders being just out of reach of their striker, him getting at a angle to shoot a finesse shot 35 yard out right past your goal GK who just stands there.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

zeldadude posted:

God drat I really don't understand this game and what I'm doing wrong. It seems like every single time I make my way into the box the ball gets swiped away instantly every time. Even when mash B my player just can't that poo poo off his foot. I know that I suck, that much is obvious, but when I'm losing games where I have >75% possession and the other guy is literally just spamming lob passes I start getting suspicious about whether the game just sucks or I just suck. Although it was pretty satisfying and hilarious coming back from a 2-0 deficit in the 80th minute with 3 consecutive, identical plays where I would just sprint up the wing and cross it in for 3 headers. He rage quit right as I was about to score a bicycle kick in added time to make it 4-2

Would any goons mind adding me and playing some friendlies or something? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and I could use some pointers. I'm working on not hitting sprint so much and poo poo but it still feels like I just get NO chances since I get tackled the second I enter the box.

Sorry for the ramble but if anyone does want to play I'm on 360 and my gt is bait gina.

I feel the same way at times when playing online matches. I have been using the 4-3-3 (4) with Lavezzi and J. Rodriguez on the wings feeding Cavani the ball and the first 20 minutes of the match it's unstoppable, but after that they are all too fatigued and my high/high workrate LB and RB of Maxwell and Mariano are gassed and the goals just start flooding in against me. At that point, the same thing starts happening, errant through balls latch on to bull poo poo strikers and my GK turns into a mongoloid discovering manual dexterity for the first time.

About ready to blow up my Ligue 1 team and focus on a more defense-centric PL squad that has CB's that can play a full 90 and not get so gassed since Thiago Silva sells for a poo poo ton and is my only upgrade on defense on my team :(

pre:
            Sirigu

Mariano  Nkoulou  Marquinhos  Maxwell

J. Moutinho              Matuidi
               Valbuena

j. Rodriguez              Lavezzi
               Cavani

Is my squad and I just get tonked after the first half right now, any help would be appreciated.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Does Cavani work as a solo striker? I haven't tried a high / high striker by himself this year, but it was basically unworkable in 13.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Does Cavani work as a solo striker? I haven't tried a high / high striker by himself this year, but it was basically unworkable in 13.

I feel like his over all impact on the pitch is remarkable, he really does show up loving everywhere, doing everything. However when I had him being backed up with Menez my total goal production was higher as a poacher along side him works really well when the keeper knocks his shots back in to play or when players tend to double down on him near the box and he can lay it off to another ST in a 2 man front. I don't think there is another ST in the game for around 20k that is going to give you what he will. In a zero cost world, him and Zlatan on a FUT team would really be insane, but working as a solo, no, even with amazing wingers feeding him balls he just can't stay in the attacking half unless you are futzing around with the tactics and making stay up there- which kind of negates having him in a squad imo. It's not an expensive endeavor to couple him with Menez, which has been incredibly powerful for me in Online matches and Ultimate level cpu matches.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I made a squad with Cavani and Remy up front, which works really well. It's 4-2-2-2, though, which isn't for everyone. Might want to see if you can work Remy or Benzema into the squad.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

I made a squad with Cavani and Remy up front, which works really well. It's 4-2-2-2, though, which isn't for everyone. Might want to see if you can work Remy or Benzema into the squad.

Hadn't thought about Benzema, but that is a good point as Valbuena (who is so good it makes me sick) behind them should give 10 chem. I'll see what kind of deal I can find on him. Remy just seemed to get bounced off the ball so easily I gave up trying to work him in to a squad.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Patch doesn't seem to fix anything, woot

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Felt to me like defenders have a much easier time winning the ball in the air and that shots are a bit harder to put on target, but it also felt more clanky somehow.

Only played a bunch of offline 2vs2 with friends though.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Finally figured out the proper formation for the RPL this year, 3-4-1-2.

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/1105702/

The trio of Witsel, Honda and Costa is fantastic...haven't lost a game with this configuration yet.

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 11, 2013

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
five jermain defoe headers to win my first two games post patch still seems legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

75% of goals scored are still finesse shots as well. I've tried before, but I really can't put my finger on why this game is so much worse than fifa 13. I still have a few days left to return it and I am seriously considering it despite the money I'll get back will all be in Gamestop in store credit which blows.

• Locked thread