Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Feral_Shofixti posted:

Came here to post this, lol. Its all good, you took almost nothing and gave me a shield.

I think merging makes sense. I think only 5 or six of us are still active in r2d2.

follow-up: wrecked rebel wonko and stole way more contraband than I intended. sorry :( somebody in r2d2 wanna kick a bunch of scrubs and I'll advise the 6 of our active folks to move?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Lazy_Liberal posted:

follow-up: wrecked rebel wonko and stole way more contraband than I intended. sorry :( somebody in r2d2 wanna kick a bunch of scrubs and I'll advise the 6 of our active folks to move?

That is what generally happens when we get attacked at th7 and 8 :v:

Where do you want to move us?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I thought r2d2 was the only Imperial goonsquad?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

seravid posted:

I thought r2d2 was the only Imperial goonsquad?

naw there's SHOWMEYOURWOMPA and UGievScouts too. also i forgot i was in r2d2 and got it confused with a different poopgame.

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 28, 2015

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

I just cleared up 7 spots in R2D2Poor4Crystal in case imperial goons wanna start consolidating.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Well, I will reiterate for alliance goons, we have plenty of room in Doyouevenwamprat.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Woops, life happened so I left the game. Internet told me it'll make the person with the most medals the leader so that works!

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Life is too short. I quit a few days ago.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

drat you, goons. Who's gonna send me snipers when I'm the only guy left in the squad?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

I see

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Some poo poo about instantly training mercs and cantinas being half off ... I think they realized the merc units are kinda lovely and nobody uses them

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
So, r2d2poor is missing a leader. If we can't get meph back to delegate the leadership, I'm happy to set up a breakaway clan.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

SKY COQ posted:

So, r2d2poor is missing a leader. If we can't get meph back to delegate the leadership, I'm happy to set up a breakaway clan.

I wish he would come back and designate a new leader, or at least a few officers. This is a mess.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Blackdog420 posted:

I wish he would come back and designate a new leader, or at least a few officers. This is a mess.

I'll PM him because he probably quit checking this thread.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Sorry about that. Promoted an officer Blackdog420, and left so he should get leader since he was the first to message me. Accepted the outstanding application on my way out. Good luck.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Force be with you, R2D2poor. May your troopers always be on dewback.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
Meph has promoted me to leader. I have not been in the group nearly as long as others, but I will admit to being a very active player who would probably make a better officer than leader. We're not a dictatorship here so if anyone else would like to take hold of the reins then please speak out. Since I have only been the group for a few months, I feel I'm not the best candidate to lead.

Regardless of who becomes the leader, here is some ~food for thought~ regarding inactive players.

I think any player who has been inactive for over 60 days should be put on an 'Yellow Alert' :cop: list. Meaning that you won't be immediately kicked, however, if we need the room for new players then you will potentially be removed. Basically if you don't play then you become a potential expendable. I feel like 60 days is alot of time, and gives alot of breathing room.

None if this is a big deal. And if you're booted then you can always come back if/when there's space.

Blackdog420 fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 7, 2015

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
How fitting, the last 3 posters representing the past 10 months of R2D2 leadership.

Keep it going BlackDog.

edit: whelp BlackDog snuck in there before I replied, but there you go.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Blackdog420 posted:

Meph has promoted me to leader. I have not been in the group nearly as long as others, but I will admit to being a very active player who would probably make a better officer than leader. We're not a dictatorship here so if anyone else would like to take hold of the reins then please speak out. Since I have only been the group for a few months, I feel I'm not the best candidate to lead.

Regardless of who becomes the leader, here is some ~food for thought~ regarding inactive players.

I think any player who has been inactive for over 60 days should be put on an 'Yellow Alert' :cop: list. Meaning that you won't be immediately kicked, however, if we need the room for new players then you will potentially be removed. Basically if you don't play then you become a potential expendable. I feel like 60 days is alot of time, and gives alot of breathing room.

None if this is a big deal. And if you're booted then you can always come back if/when there's space.

What's the size limit? With the game dropping off new hotness status hopefully this will be a less pressing concern.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

RVT posted:

How fitting, the last 3 posters representing the past 10 months of R2D2 leadership.

Keep it going BlackDog.

edit: whelp BlackDog snuck in there before I replied, but there you go.

Mephology only lead from the shadows; I don't think he ever logged in since becoming the boss.

I don't mind Blackdog being leader, though I would kick anyone with 30 days of inactivity. On the other hand, making room for new folks isn't really a priority; we've had one request now, but I can't even remember when the previous one was.

Speaking of, is the new guy even a goon? Say something here if you are, mysterious train "enthusiast". Be not ashamed, there are much worse things you could masturbate to.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

SKY COQ posted:

What's the size limit? With the game dropping off new hotness status hopefully this will be a less pressing concern.

The Current size limit is 30 players. I left the group to pass the reins; either PISTON or Fighting Guy are now the leaders.

I sent in an application for a reinvite

EDIT: if Fighting Guy is the leader then expect new rules regarding dewback donations and their overall majestic nature.

Blackdog420 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 7, 2015

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

seravid posted:

Mephology only lead from the shadows; I don't think he ever logged in since becoming the boss.

I don't mind Blackdog being leader, though I would kick anyone with 30 days of inactivity. On the other hand, making room for new folks isn't really a priority; we've had one request now, but I can't even remember when the previous one was.

Speaking of, is the new guy even a goon? Say something here if you are, mysterious train "enthusiast". Be not ashamed, there are much worse things you could masturbate to.

Meph was a big help for a large part of my time in R2D2.

As has been stated, purging the inactives goes hand in hand with how many new people are waiting to get in. If there aren't a ton of people clamoring to get in, there's no reason to clean house.

However, if there are a decent number of inactives, it's nice to keep a slot or two free for new goons joining, so they don't have to wait for you to kick someone after they post in the thread.

If the new lead wants to chat, PM me. Otherwise, good luck and keep R2D2 going.

RVT fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 7, 2015

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I just found it funny that he became our dear leader after quitting the game. His loss is felt every time I request troops; guy was a machine, donating snipers seemingly 24/7.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Blackdog420 posted:

EDIT: if Fighting Guy is the leader then expect new rules regarding dewback donations and their overall majestic nature.

OH YEAH

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Thanks! Hopefully I can come back at some point. Ended up with a new job 5 weeks ago and a relo came with it so my life kind of got turned upside down. Been barely able to keep up the CoC addiction. Will drop an application soon when I have settled in a little more. Feel free to give me the boot to make room for more active players if I do reapply.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Life happens, come back whenever you're ready meph!

I posted this in chat but if whoever is leader wants to make me an officer I'd be happy to help out. I may even draft a new OP today since I just got out of the hospital and have a lot of free time on my hands.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Blackdog420 posted:

gently caress yes.

<- FightingGuy

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I promoted: ShittyRapper (Drake), Triggs

The Request to Join from TrainLoverDude fell off the page, so I couldn't bring him in. Retry, dude!

The group roster is at 25/30. I won't start booting until we get full and I'll be looking at last logins.

Just so that the uninformed assholes know, every once in a while I will randomly fill my barracks with nothing but dewbacks and will not do any fighting or dispensing of snipers until that supply is exhausted. This is to raise dewback awareness. I may or may not warn you ahead of time.

Business aside, while I am still interested in the game, I'm not playing as much as I used to (blame Fallout 3) so if anyone would like to try their hand at leading, let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I'll give it a try.

New thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729920

Triggs fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 7, 2015

• Locked thread