Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Spooky Hyena posted:

It makes the thread look a lot nicer and I'd recommend it to anyone. I don't feel like I've been missing out over the past couple of months.

Months? So why do you talk about him all the time?

Spooky Hyena posted:

Looks like this thread is going the way of the last one. It was inevitable, but there were a few pages early on that looked promising (the ones before Pissflaps began posting, incidentally). Rain Temple calling other people too uptight is a laugh, though.

Anyway, Miliband's in trouble from MPs in Northern England, who are putting pressure on him to quit. It'd be too close to the next GE for it to make a difference in Scotland, I think.

Spooky Hyena posted:

It's not the differing opinions, some people just aren't good at debating in good faith (ie, Pissflaps) which makes them impossible to engage with on a sensible level. Burqa King's opinions are magnitudes worse, but he still manages to post without leading to pages-long derails about nothing every single day. If you're a worse poster than Burqa King, it might be worth some level of introspection is all I'm saying.

No one, it's just a knee-jerk statement of displeasure really. A rebellious change in leadership is rarely a good thing this close to the GE anyway.

Spooky Hyena posted:

Away for a whole weekend and all the thread's done is argue with Pissflaps over whether or not non-voting (and therefore not able to be empirically counted) people are all secretly on Pissflaps' side, for about 100 new posts. This results in Pissflaps staunchly claiming that he was always right (without any evidence), and convincing no one. I'd hate to call it a pattern, but something similar happens in the Scotpol thread on a regular basis.

Anyway the Catalonia poll is flawed, but the response from the Spanish government are interesting. It's the same rhetoric that the unionist side used for the Scottish referendum, especially the denunciation of non-establishment movements and the "divisionary nature" of such a vote. Whether or not that'll work is anyone's guess, seeing as the biggest issue in the Scottish referendum - what happens to the establishment's promises after the vote's over - is a lot less cloudy, if they use the UK at an example.

Spooky Hyena posted:

I said the insults were a bad thing, twice. I'm not supporting them. That's entirely separate from the issue I did have, which was a focus on the Nats being awful racists (so says a friend of a friend of a friend) right off the back of "anti-tory is code for anti-english". I understand why it's an issue but to me it just seemed like placing the blame on the other side and scoring points. If that equates to "un-ironically justifying racist abuse" then I don't know what to say, sorry you knew someone who campaigned months ago with people who had a story about a girl who said she was called names?

Anyways, has it occurred to anyone else how most of these derails and arguments can be avoided by everyone ignoring Pissflaps?

Spooky Hyena posted:

We could talk about how often these derails are started by a post made by Pissflaps? I dunno, there seems to be a correlation there. By "correlation" I mean "every time".

And yeah the reported event (which didn't happen) where someone was called an "English oval office" is a bad thing and the blame for that rests entirely on the person who said it, but the level of concern trolling over it is just borderline rabid. Especially hypocritical coming from people who pulled out the whole "rootless cosmopolitan" thing recently.

Spooky Hyena posted:

Oh great another two pages of nothing from a derail by Pissflaps and a fundamental misunderstanding on what the white paper was.

http://commonspace.scot/articles/70/msp-calls-for-a-social-wage-to-replace-welfare-benefits

Calls for a UMW by an SNP MSP, who believes that support "is growing" among the SNP. I don't see how it'd work under devolution, as English MPs could very easily scupper the budget for it and have shown a strong desire to rebel against any change in Scottish budget, but there you go.

Theres a very obvious trend to your posting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Yoga is for benders.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Yoga is for benders.

You'd be good at it, dead easy to align your mouth and anus when it's the same thing.

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

Choosing to benefit from an empire of murder and genocide makes you complicit.
:scotland:
lol, nice meltdown

serious gaylord posted:

Months? So why do you talk about him all the time?

Theres a very obvious trend to your posting there.

I can see when he posts, and I can see big derails where there's pages of nothing but people telling Pissflaps that 45 is a different number to 31. Blocking him isn't a cure-all unfortunately. If you're questioning whether I've blocked him or not, surely me never quoting him or replying to him directly is evidence of that? If it doesn't satisfy you, I dunno. Write to lowtax and have him check my block lists?

Alertrelic
Apr 18, 2008

Limmy is a pretty good troll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tee_9KmUylA

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Spooky Hyena posted:

I can see when he posts, and I can see big derails where there's pages of nothing but people telling Pissflaps that 45 is a different number to 31. Blocking him isn't a cure-all unfortunately. If you're questioning whether I've blocked him or not, surely me never quoting him or replying to him directly is evidence of that? If it doesn't satisfy you, I dunno. Write to lowtax and have him check my block lists?

That you post in D&D and use your ignore list to hide viewpoints you dislike says a lot about you. That you still post about someone you've ignored to highlight the supposed derail (Hint, things you don't want want to talk about are not a derail), which then cause an actual derail because of your inability to post accurately says even more.

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

lol, nice meltdown

serious gaylord posted:

That you post in D&D and use your ignore list to hide viewpoints you dislike says a lot about you. That you still post about someone you've ignored to highlight the supposed derail (Hint, things you don't want want to talk about are not a derail), which then cause an actual derail because of your inability to post accurately says even more.

I don't hide him because of his viewpoints, I hide him because he hasn't really posted anything I find constructive in all the times I've seen him and his one-line shitpost style really gets on my nerves. There's plenty of people with similar viewpoints to Pissflaps who are much better posters, so it's not like I'm shutting down a viewpoint by not looking at his posts anyway.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Did you remember to add me to the ignore list of all your accounts? Might explain why you can't stop posting about me.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Spooky Hyena posted:

I don't hide him because of his viewpoints, I hide him because he hasn't really posted anything I find constructive in all the times I've seen him and his one-line shitpost style really gets on my nerves. There's plenty of people with similar viewpoints to Pissflaps who are much better posters, so it's not like I'm shutting down a viewpoint by not looking at his posts anyway.

Thanks mate but actual Pissflaps and I do diverge on some issues

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Happy Christmas, thread.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
happy christmas unless you have an opinion in which case get hosed to hell

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Warmest Yuletide greetings to all posters in this, my fave thread.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Pissflaps posted:

Or rather, he thought better of it and quickly back-pedalled.

Check the time stamps: I posted about his tweets long after he tweeted that he was 'trolling'.

This a less convincing backpedal than your brendan rodgers one, and thats saying something.

Sion posted:

Happy Christmas, thread.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
happy hannukah you sectarian goyim.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jre posted:

This a less convincing backpedal than your brendan rodgers one, and thats saying something.

Time has proven me entirely correct about Brendan Rodgers.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Coohoolin posted:

happy hannukah you sectarian goyim.

samaritan actually

return0
Apr 11, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

Time has proven me entirely correct about Brendan Rodgers.

"Liverpool will never finish higher than _____ with Brendan Rodgers in charge."

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Pissflaps posted:

Warmest Yuletide greetings to all posters in this, my fave thread.

You mean favourite colonial possession, imperialist scum! :argh:

Have a Christmas or don't, everyone.

Aromatic Stretch
Nov 4, 2009
Merry Christmas!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

return0 posted:

"Liverpool will never finish higher than _____ with Brendan Rodgers in charge."

How about you save football chat for the football forum, or alternatively engage with me regarding the issue on Twitter or via private message.

Appropriate Pissflaps Predictions for this thread include: the Yes campaign will lose by at least 8% in the referendum.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Pissflaps posted:

How about you save football chat for the football forum, or alternatively engage with me regarding the issue on Twitter or via private message.

Appropriate Pissflaps Predictions for this thread include: the Yes campaign will lose by at least 8% in the referendum.

I'm sorry but the Pissflaps Prediction™ brand was forever tarnished by the rodgers incident.

jre fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 24, 2014

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
may everyone survive the cold winter months and emerge unscathed in the springtime to warmer weather and the new life abundant in the hills and the valleys and

only joking, this is scotland, we'll get two days of sun and maybe a new kind of irn bru and be happy with it

still, be nice to people, you dickheads

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Meanwhile in Orkney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tIZ8SxemlY

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals! :argh:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
My Dad got me Alan Cochrane's diaries for Christmas, for some reason.

Reading it is, uh, an experience, let's say.

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
I don't know much about Mr. Cochrane apart from how he got a bonus for the pro-union vote and shelved any notion of journalistic integrity during the referendum (I'm thinking specifically of the excerpt where big Eyebrows Darling asks him to spike an unfavourable story and he's like "sure thing, boss!")

being a corrupt piece of Tory shite really does pay well

(merry christmas everyone)

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

ICM joins in the "labour might be hosed" poll chorus:

SNP 43%, LAB 26%, CON 13%, UKIP 7%, LDEM 6%, GRN 4%.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/dec/26/labour-bloodbath-scotland-general-election-2015-snp-westminster

UKIP higher than Lib Dem :lol:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The brother of a guy I know was down from Orkney last week having just played in this year's game. Apparently it takes about four hours to play, usually, and every window in town gets shuttered.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Spooky Hyena posted:

Oh, I has pissflaps blocked so I didn't see him call me a liar. I clicked on one that had a lot of retweets (this one) because I was curious about whether or not it was taken as some kind of truthbomb by people who already agreed with the union. The quote was from "@Mulder1981"s bio and there was a whole lot more no thanks badges and references to the union than what seemed like open separatists on that list.

It should have been easy to check without just calling me a liar, but I guess he didn't. Shame. Shaaaaame,

Why would you ignore someone in a debate forum?

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

lol, nice meltdown

Ludicro posted:

Why would you ignore someone in a debate forum?

Because he doesn't debate. Go ahead, try to find an argument he's made in good faith.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
You'd struggle to find one that isn't.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Spooky Hyena posted:

Because he doesn't debate. Go ahead, try to find an argument he's made in good faith.

Just because you don't like his opinions doesn't mean they're made in bad faith.

Similarly one could say you don't debate either, just make up things people haven't said to try and hang them by it or post about how you don't read Pissflaps posts yet seemingly cant stop talking about him even when hes got nothing to do with anything you're posting about. Should we put you on ignore too?

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

lol, nice meltdown

serious gaylord posted:

Just because you don't like his opinions doesn't mean they're made in bad faith.

Similarly one could say you don't debate either, just make up things people haven't said to try and hang them by it or post about how you don't read Pissflaps posts yet seemingly cant stop talking about him even when hes got nothing to do with anything you're posting about. Should we put you on ignore too?

You know what? You should. I'd love for you to not call me a liar or mentally damaged whenever you disagree with anything I say.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Spooky Hyena posted:

You know what? You should. I'd love for you to not call me a liar or mentally damaged whenever you disagree with anything I say.

If you'd stop making up things that didn't happen I gladly will.

If you'd like to find a post where i've called you mentally damaged that would also be nice.

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

lol, nice meltdown

serious gaylord posted:

If you'd stop making up things that didn't happen I gladly will.

Why don't you prove I do for a change? Link the alleged smear and demonstrate its untruthfulness.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Spooky Hyena posted:

Why don't you prove I do for a change? Link the alleged smear and demonstrate its untruthfulness.

You claimed i called Muslims 'nazis' in the previous Scottish thread which was both untrue and bizarre.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Spooky Hyena posted:

Here you go

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678161&pagenumber=10&perpage=40#post437553325

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

lol, nice meltdown

Are you taking the piss or do you really not know what ridicule is?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Spooky Hyena posted:

Are you taking the piss or do you really not know what ridicule is?

I think its a perfect example of you once again through either misreading, or willful misrepresentation, responding to someone by accusing them of saying things they have not said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
aw yes, another one of these shitshows!!

Will you three hurry up and murder and/or gently caress each other because it's getting tedious

• Locked thread