Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

nickhimself posted:

=] Thanks, A-jacks!

Ice-Slickhimself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

The upshot of being an east coaster is if you have a hectic day and don't get a chance to play you at least have until 3am to login and get your daily.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

nostrata posted:

The upshot of being an east coaster is if you have a hectic day and don't get a chance to play you at least have until 3am to login and get your daily.

Not until they change the one shot / cube shard homework to reseting at midnight pst to.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Dandywalken posted:

Got my Gungir now as Punisher to level 1, so going towards 2. What should I be doing in the game now? How can I better prep for raiding and all?

Is the green raid you can pug for actually puggable?

It is. You'll get some newbies or idiots who don't know what they're doing but your biggest problem will be gear inspectors who think you need the most pro gear to survive the green raid

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

nostrata posted:

It resets at 9pm in my timezone so I'm usually good to skip an entire day without missing anything.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Kelp Plankton posted:

just post the image in the thread you dummy

So does this mean if I'm playing She-Hulk in her normal costume and call in the She-Hulk team-up, the team-up shows up in this outfit? I've never bothered to test with, say, Deadpool.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Mover posted:

Does the man-ape spear's damage and attack speed proc actually work on any hero or pet in the game, anywhere? Genuinely want to know.

It certainly works on Ice Golems. It increases their aspd, their damage, and the damage from CF aura when it is proc'd.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Prel posted:

It certainly works on Ice Golems. It increases their aspd, their damage, and the damage from CF aura when it is proc'd.

When it is proc'd when they are summoned tho (?)

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Ajax posted:

When it is proc'd when they are summoned tho (?)

Yes, it's a buff that is placed upon your summons. So using it to snapshot is useless.

It's also up 100% of the time, despite saying it has a cooldown.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

Got my Gungir now as Punisher to level 1, so going towards 2. What should I be doing in the game now? How can I better prep for raiding and all?

Is the green raid you can pug for actually puggable?

If you're playing Punisher, you're ready to green raid by being able to breathe, push buttons, and are level 60.

If you're looking to take your first shot at it, just x up in chat when folks start one up. Just mention it's your first time in, and someone will explain the fight mechanics to you. They're not complicated. Don't worry about dragging the raid down or being a leech or feeling completely undergeared. I'd put money on the fact that the vast majority of the SG has multiple characters capable of facerolling a green raid.

Red raids though, they are different. You'll want your gear to be up to snuff, and the more knowledgeable goons can tell you what you'll need on a hero to hero basis.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zombie Samurai posted:

So does this mean if I'm playing She-Hulk in her normal costume and call in the She-Hulk team-up, the team-up shows up in this outfit? I've never bothered to test with, say, Deadpool.

This only happens if Marvel has mandated that the character needs to change, it's not a costume bonus thing.

If you summon Beta Ray Bill as Beta Ray Bill, Thor shows up. Otherwise it's just Beta Ray Bill. If you summon Spider-Man as any non-Ben-Reiley Spider-Man(or non-Spidergirl), then you get Scarlet Spider instead.

But if you summon Old Man Thor as Old Man Thor, nothing changes. Same will go for She-Hulk. Summoning Deadpool the Kid as Deadpool the Kid doesn't change what Deadpool shows up either.

It's really inconsistent. Originally Marvel was more restrictive than they are now, I think, after seeing how much extra work it involves. After all, they relented on forcing players to be unable to have two Groots out at once.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I will honestly never believe that Grootgate was a Marvel thing and not a technical issue that Gaz didn't want to cop to until they fixed it.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I will honestly never believe that Grootgate was a Marvel thing and not a technical issue that Gaz didn't want to cop to until they fixed it.

Yeah pretty much this

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's a Marvel thing. We were able to have two Groots out without problems, then it was changed and Gazillion explained it was a Marvel mandated thing and they tried to apply a bunch of weird situational bonuses to Groot being active/inactive so there were benefits to running the Groot team-up instead of the power etc etc. Everyone hated it all because they wanted two Groots.

And the stuff where you got bonuses for not having Groot active were buggy. Rocket's whole suite of adjustments on test were weird.

So I think they convinced Marvel that people just wanted more Groots, here's some comics where there are multiple Groots (all Groots are called Groot, hes a species), etc etc, and then we got Super Grootio Bros.

They did a bunch of extra work to make the only-one-groot thing possible instead of just leaving groot as he was originally, I just can't honestly believe it was a technical issue because the only evidence for that is a bunch of people jerking eachother off about how bad gazillion is at making a game while they spend hundreds of dollars on it.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Mar 12, 2015

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011
but Gaz is REALLY really bad at making games...I'm not sure how they lucked into the license beyond voodoo and deals with demons, etc.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kelp Plankton posted:

They did a bunch of extra work to make the only-one-groot thing possible instead of just leaving groot as he was originally, I just can't honestly believe it was a technical issue because the only evidence for that is a bunch of people jerking eachother off about how bad gazillion is at making a game while they spend hundreds of dollars on it.
On the other hand, every patch they've ever released

e: And before you think about flaming anyone Kelp, I dunno if the forums software supports the huge black background squares it would need to be MH-accurate.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 12, 2015

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I call a vote that all Groot Force members play Rocket Raccon with both Power Groot & Team up Groot wearing Insig of Groot at all times in the public eye or face a ban.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I fully trust our Yellow Gods to support me in this.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

HebrewMagic posted:

I call a vote that all Groot Force members play Rocket Raccon with both Power Groot & Team up Groot wearing Insig of Groot at all times in the public eye or face a ban.

Need to get a mini groot cosmetic pet for maximum groot.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Need to get a mini groot cosmetic pet for maximum groot.

Respond to all in game inquiries with "I AM GROOT"

Groot up for Lazy Groot

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

none of you realize that Groot Force was originally made so that the people on the mumble could get as many Groots together as possible as a gimmick group

but then every other goon guild dissolved and we were the only one left.

we've come full circle.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

There Is Another

Musluk
May 23, 2011

I AM THE MOON posted:

There Is Another

Groot Farce doesn't count

(:mason:)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
So I've just been running around leveling in the Midtown Madness bosses thing, and it's a blast, is that pretty much the best way to powerlevel? I'm only collecting purples and yellows (and one unique) and having a blast with Hulk.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

So, Mr. Gaz kind of, sort of turned on Omega week. You can do the training mission for 30 files, but won't get any for completed shared quests. They are so good at video games, guys.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

So I've just been running around leveling in the Midtown Madness bosses thing, and it's a blast, is that pretty much the best way to powerlevel? I'm only collecting purples and yellows (and one unique) and having a blast with Hulk.

You're playing Hulk, continue to make the game your bitch in any of your endeavors.

But yeah, MM boxes are swell, try and pair them with MM legendary quests, red terminals being the only thing I'd leave the zone for.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

So, Mr. Gaz kind of, sort of turned on Omega week. You can do the training mission for 30 files, but won't get any for completed shared quests. They are so good at video games, guys.

look man this is just the new omega event, it's streamlined, it's simplified. easier to run than ever before. praise be unto gazillion for their brilliant game design, let us pay tithe to them

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Why the f is it omega week again

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

The fastest way to level is to do legendary quests, and this will also give you odinmarks you need to buy legendaries. If you just want to derp around while levelling, Industry City Patrol isn't half bad either, but nothing comes close to LQs.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I didn't play at all yesterday but two days ago I started rerolling my legendary quests whenever they weren't doable in midtown. This lead to me getting from 44 to 52 in about 2 hours. Without an xp bonus active. On my first character.

To note, I think 36 to 44 before that took me about 5-6.

Legendary quests + midtown madness is great xp. About 360k for every legendary quest, and 170-180k for every chest. Run to all the events, hit poo poo in events, take chests, then on the way back to the tower complete your legendary. I also got my crafter from 17 to 20 and my enchanter to 15 in that two hours of playing, since I'm new and still have to do that stuff.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You actually don't want to do Midtown LQs for the most part, because Midtown has one of the lowest zone XP multipliers and LQ orbs are affected by zone XP multipliers. The absolute fastest way to level is to only do terminal LQs, and only do them in red terminals. At a pinch, the shorter Superheroic story LQs are also a good XP source (SH has a slightly higher multiplier, IIRC, but the issue is the vast majority of story LQs are gigantic timesinks; the only ones worth doing are the ones that are basically a terminal).

Midtown LQs are only really worth doing for power-levelling if you're in a group, since any kill made by anyone in the group counts towards your quest tracker, which means you can churn them out in 30-60s if you spread out.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

See, I don't know if it's actually the case or not, but even with Midtown having low zone XP, I feel like during Midtown Madness, the fact that you're getting an extra what, 3 to 6 cases of 180k xp every 3 minutes if you never fight a mole man/man-ape/black cat? Sort of makes up for it. And it's certainly easier to just sleep through, compared to terminals which I feel I have to give actual attention to.

Like, I'll complete 1 red terminal LQ in probably 15 minutes. I'll probably manage to kill 18 midtown bosses and get 2-3 midtown LQs done even solo, in that 15 minutes. I'm not sure how much XP red terminal LQs give, but I kinda doubt it's like 3million for one.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

KittyEmpress posted:

Like, I'll complete 1 red terminal LQ in probably 15 minutes

:gitgud:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I decided to log on and try a red terminal actually, and it seems like the fact that the only terminal I actually tried to do for a LQ before swearing them off forever was Doctor Doom is to blame for my hating them. Did a Mr. Sinister one in like, two minutes. So okay, definitely better leveling.

Also gently caress Doctor Doom.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

KittyEmpress posted:

I decided to log on and try a red terminal actually, and it seems like the fact that the only terminal I actually tried to do for a LQ before swearing them off forever was Doctor Doom is to blame for my hating them. Did a Mr. Sinister one in like, two minutes. So okay, definitely better leveling.

Skip doom and AIM unless one of them is in the daily

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

Yeah, you skip Doom entire. You may also want to do Kurse on green rather than red depending on what hero you're playing, and AIM is generally skippable unless you have a teleport and know how to figure out which direction to go in. For the rest, they're all doable in 2-3mn, which is part of why they're so good for levelling fast.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Always skip AIM Terminal. Great suggestion.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Soothing Vapors posted:

Sun avatar guy is severely mentally ill

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Mar 12, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Bought a random box, got a spider nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Congrats, he rules and his QOL will surely happen any day now.

• Locked thread