Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer

achillesforever6 posted:

Is "I'm canceling my subscription after this subpar PPV" going to be the new "I'm never watching Raw again after this lovely Raw!"

Like I understand that it was a bad PPV, but I think its just a little extreme with the reactions is all.

No, cause you can't cancel it, you're locked in for six months. You can choose not to renew it, though. Which I chose to do because it isn't just that this was a bad PPV, it's that this PPV was indicative of the quality of the product in recent months, and whether it's $50 a month or $10 a month, I don't feel that it's worth it anymore. I really don't understand the rhetoric that not wanting to pay for a product that disappoints you is somehow "extreme".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

The battle royal was good! It was a good battle royal!

Yeah that match was a lot of fun, aside from the blatantly obvious Miz win made even more blatantly obvious when the cameraman showed him on the floor while panning to the belt. Also, Bo Dallas should have won.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

What happened to Flair managing the Miz anyway?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Suben posted:

OTOH I think it was good so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree and perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Agreeing to disagree is unacceptable in psp 2014, let's call each other fuckheads instead. (this is a joke)

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think the battle royal ending was fine in theory, because ordinarily that would've gotten huge heel heat for Miz, but, it's the Miz, so, it didn't.

The ending was fine and in line with Miz's general Miz-ery but it just sucks having Miz as IC champ. He should clearly be WWE champ again.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

achillesforever6 posted:

Is "I'm canceling my subscription after this subpar PPV" going to be the new "I'm never watching Raw again after this lovely Raw!"

Like I understand that it was a bad PPV, but I think its just a little extreme with the reactions is all.
It's not a question of whether PSP is going to watch so much as whether they're going to watch legally.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Suben posted:

OTOH I think it was good so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree and perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Counterpoint, the most likely people to take the titles off the Usos now are The Ascension.

And lets be honest, The Ascension could not have as good quality matches with the Usos as apposed to the Wyatts.

Or good matches in general.

Actually big point of this PPV Rowan looked like a good wrestler tonight!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Amy Renee posted:

No, cause you can't cancel it, you're locked in for six months. You can choose not to renew it, though. Which I chose to do because it isn't just that this was a bad PPV, it's that this PPV was indicative of the quality of the product in recent months, and whether it's $50 a month or $10 a month, I don't feel that it's worth it anymore. I really don't understand the rhetoric that not wanting to pay for a product that disappoints you is somehow "extreme".

nah you can delete your payment information or remove your credit card from paypal and they "suspend" your account

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Well people do overreact a lot. Like, a fuckload. I say this as someone who is all too familiar with overreacting.

When 90% of your posts are pointing that out, maybe it's you who's doing it more than those you're yelling at

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No he hasn't, can we stop doing this. That's not how business, stocks, or money work. The cornerstones of the business (Live show attendance, TV ratings, and merch) are all stable. WWE is experiencing losses right now because of Network startup costs and disappointing subscription numbers, and the PPV stuff is transitioning to a new medium which could be really good or really bad long term but the WWE is not on life support.

sorry foochs, my dad works for meltzer and he said that wwe is dying oh no
but wwe has a solution to all their problems
have jhon cena win all the matches
cena vs THEDEMONKANETHEDEVILSFAVORITECHILDTHEDEMONKANE? cena wins!
cameron vs naomi? cena wins!
wyatts vs usos part eleventybillion? cena wins! (and then the usos win)
bobby lashley vs eric young? cena wins!

don't worry foochs the wwe will be ok with this new plan, but be sure to subscribe to the wwe network
please subscribe to the wwe network
i'm begging you to subscribe to the wwe network
look... i'll suck your dick if you subscribe to the wwe network, just please subscribe to the wwe network

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think the battle royal ending was fine in theory, because ordinarily that would've gotten huge heel heat for Miz, but, it's the Miz, so, it didn't.

the instant switch from ecstatic excitement over Ziggler's apparent victory to the complete silence of the Miz winning was the second best thing on this PPV (the best was Stardust).

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Yes, he has and yes they have. Nowhere did I say WWE is on "life support", I said they're having some serious losses and serious losses are worth concern after a poor monthly performance. Slow down the raging positivity patrol and read the words that are comin' outta my fingers, bro.

Don't bother, some mongoloid posted a bunch about how stocks 'really work' and PSP are all now experts at finance & net worth.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

The battle royal was good! It was a good battle royal!

cesaro got eliminated by heath slater confirming his push is long loving gone

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Suben posted:

I do not fault you for your opinion, I just prefer other wrestlemans

WWE: Middleground

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Amy Renee posted:

This is where I'm at. I have one PPV I'm left locked into, and if they don't improve poo poo in a major way by then well...you can add me to what will surely be a huge number of people not re-upping.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

flatluigi posted:

Or that Heath's is just starting.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Yes, he has and yes they have. Nowhere did I say WWE is on "life support", I said they're having some serious losses and serious losses are worth concern after a poor monthly performance. Slow down the raging positivity patrol and read the words that are comin' outta my fingers, bro.

Okay, so I was a bit strong in restating your characterization but there's a difference between short term losses and long term losses. Neither are good, but one of them is comparatively not a huge deal in the long term so long as certain things (like live event attendance, merch, and ratings) remain stable, which they currently are.

WWE is having a bad bad time right now and that was a really badly booked PPV but people are acting like we saw a Fingerpoke Of Doom moment on this show. We did not.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dimebags Brain posted:

Remember guys, Bray Wyatt is the only guy who has beaten Daniel Bryan clean in like a year. He had real heat and people were into him as a heel. Then Cena happened and now he's losing clean to 2014 Jericho.

He lost to the Codebreaker, too. That's barely even a finisher! At least Lionsault him, for gently caress's sake.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

armoredgorilla posted:

I think I should be really mad that they bait and switched the Ambrose/Rollins match, but it just feels par for the course.

They had Ambrose and Rollins slugging it out three times. It was good all three times. gently caress your need for a set parameter of two bells and a three count.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
Hey everybody, that ppv would have been sooooo much better if instead of all those brawls that the crowd was so into and that fight in the parking lot if instead Seth and Dean had had a mediocre 7 minute match ending with Rollins hitting Ambrose with the case and running away. That would have put them both over hardcore.

Pariah Rex fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 21, 2014

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

pressedbunny posted:

Yes, actually. I didn't expect a clean, decisive win and feud-ender going in, but I expected to see them wrestle, at least. There have been many other times when they've put on a token 5-10 minute match and then had guys DQd or counted out or whatever and that's okay. It's not ideal, but it's okay. Straight-up scrapping the match entirely is unacceptable. You never advertise something and then scrap it after people have paid their money. There is not one single area of business, not one single industry, where that is ever an acceptable practice.

Hell, I'm subscribed to the Network, I paid gently caress-all for this and I still feel ripped off. I've defended the Network since day one but this has made me reconsider. In the grand scheme of things, I don't care if the people I like win or not or whether flippy dude #8723 almost kills himself doing some huge spot. But you do not go removing things from a PPV card.

*card subject to change*

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They had Ambrose and Rollins slugging it out three times. It was good all three times. gently caress your need for a set parameter of two bells and a three count.

Yes, them having a slug fest where they did nothing but punch for 5 minutes is the same thing as a match, and we shouldn't be complaining. You are almost as bad as Valeyard.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No he hasn't, can we stop doing this. That's not how business, stocks, or money work. The cornerstones of the business (Live show attendance, TV ratings, and merch) are all stable. WWE is experiencing losses right now because of Network startup costs and disappointing subscription numbers, and the PPV stuff is transitioning to a new medium which could be really good or really bad long term but the WWE is not on life support.

I may have exaggerated what I said about the WWE, but its really hard to lock payments for something that I'm not really entertained by what WWE is booking anymore. I really enjoyed the previous PPVs, especially the ones where the board really disliked. But looking at what WWE is bringing to the table for future, I'm not really wanting to pay 10 dollars a month for it.

Seriously, I want WWE to succeed, but what they are booking isn't cutting it anymore. They should be pushing new stars, but they are too scared of taking that risk and understandably so. But I don't want to watch shows that continue while they are in "no-risk mode". It's boring to me. I'm not into what they are currently pitching to me.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Counterpoint, the most likely people to take the titles off the Usos now are The Ascension.

And lets be honest, The Ascension could not have as good quality matches with the Usos as apposed to the Wyatts.

Or good matches in general.

Actually big point of this PPV Rowan looked like a good wrestler tonight!

The Ascension get called up, squash the Usos and we get another year of Ascension squashes against jobbers and local guys only on the main roster this time.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

John Cena is worse than Nash and Hogan combined. Cena bad. Cena bad.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
i thought the ppv was okay, not great but apart from the paige/aj lee match nothing was offensively bad

ambrose/rollins made the entire thing worth it

the sky isn't falling

also the funniest part of the event was a bunch of people in the GDT getting Highly Offended by layla jiggling

that or Ambrose popping outta the trunk

SamuraiFoochs posted:

that was a really badly booked PPV but people are acting like we saw a Fingerpoke Of Doom moment on this show. We did not.

agreeing with you is scary but this is 100% right

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Nah, with the exception of Dean popping out of the trunk to attempt murder, it was all poo poo I've seen on Raw for the last 3 weeks. I was expecting an actual match with actual moves.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

flatluigi posted:

He has now lost to Kofe twice and Slater once. If Xavier Woods beats him he might as well kill himself. I'm not joking either.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Amy Renee posted:

No, cause you can't cancel it, you're locked in for six months.

If you don't have enough money in your account, the WWE will just cancel your subscription.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Writer Cath posted:

Or that Heath's is just starting.

His theme still is "we're a three man band" so they haven't thought enough to even fix that. also I love cesaro :(

SamuraiFoochs posted:

WWE is having a bad bad time right now and that was a really badly booked PPV but people are acting like we saw a Fingerpoke Of Doom moment on this show. We did not.

If the main event ended in a fingerpoke of doom it'd almost redeem the entire ppv

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yuriy posted:

i thought the ppv was okay, not great but apart from the paige/aj lee match nothing was offensively bad

ambrose/rollins made the entire thing worth it

the sky isn't falling

also the funniest part of the event was a bunch of people in the GDT getting Highly Offended by layla jiggling

that or Ambrose popping outta the trunk

agreeing with you is scary but this is 100% right

The Paige/AJ thing was one of the only things that wasn't offensively bad, booking wise. The story might not make a lot of sense, but at least it had a decent finish.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

also i dont like the Usos pretending to be the Bucks because theyre not good enough to pull it off

also not nearly enough tassles

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

flatluigi posted:

That's okay! He's still having good matches every week.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

The Paige/AJ thing was one of the only things that wasn't offensively bad, booking wise. The story might not make a lot of sense, but at least it had a decent finish.

they blew like every spot and aj sucks as a face in peril while paige sucks at being a heel

it sucked

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flatluigi posted:

His theme still is "we're a three man band" so they haven't thought enough to even fix that. also I love cesaro :(

If the main event ended in a fingerpoke of doom it'd almost redeem the entire ppv

The Fingerpoke of Doom was unexpected. I would have loved to see a Fingerpoke of Doom or even a moment like that on this.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Question, I like the Usos, if I watched one Young Bucks match would I hate the Usos/Superkicks?

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Pariah Rex posted:

He has now lost to Kofe twice and Slater once. If Xavier Woods beats him he might as well kill himself. I'm not joking either.

now now now, just wait and see what they're doing with cesaro. just wait and see.
cesaro lost to zack ryder? now now now, just wait and see what they're doing with cesaro. just wait and see.
cesaro lost to hornswaggle? now now now, just wait and see what they're doing with cesaro. just wait and see.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
They should have had Ambrose and Rollins both come out and then just brawl through the arena for 15 minutes with complete disregard for the outcome of the match. Would have accomplished the same thing and would have at least gotten the crowd into it a bit more.

That was a bad PPV. I can't believe Jericho went over Wyatt clean.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yuriy posted:

they blew like every spot and aj sucks as a face in peril while paige sucks at being a heel

it sucked

It was mediocre, at worst. Paige is a good heel, and if they had actually been practicing that match at house shows I'm sure it would have been better.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Question, I like the Usos, if I watched one Young Bucks match would I hate the Usos/Superkicks?

no you will gain a new found appreciation for superkicks and resent the usos for not doing it right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

Seriously, I want WWE to succeed, but what they are booking isn't cutting it anymore. They should be pushing new stars, but they are too scared of taking that risk and understandably so. But I don't want to watch shows that continue while they are in "no-risk mode". It's boring to me. I'm not into what they are currently pitching to me.

We've been saying this for a really long time. They cycle in flash-in-the-pan guys. In the past 5 years they've lost a ton of their old stars, most of them permanently. They spent a good bit of time on Punk and he walked on them. They start to build a guy and he gets inevitably injured. Every time we start to see a change or a shift, it all goes to poo poo on them in the long term. I can't really blame them for wanting to cling to Cena even if it's a poor idea.

• Locked thread