Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Gyra_Solune posted:

komugi-chan opens with a scene i am reasonably sure was made with miku miku dance

After what happened to Osomatsu ep 1 I'm almost worried for what I just watched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I watched the first episode of Active raid.

It was ok, but it hasn't really captured me yet.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

This gif looked funny so i kept scrolling.

I'm not going to be watching the pandora shell thing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Endorph posted:

Like those a lot more.

Me too, tentatively

pretty much gonna come down to how its animated though

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

C.M. Kruger posted:

Apparently these are Shirow's original character designs:

Here's another one:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

Just got around to watching Erased aka Boku Dake ga Inai Machi and that was a great intro episode. There's a couple odd changes in the way the first two "revivals" play out but nothing bad. The return to his childhood revival had a big introductory chunk cut out of it (probably just to save some time and effort), but nothing that would drastically affect what's been shown in the manga so far. Other than that it was a really great pilot. I really like Satoru's VA so far. I think he does a great job of selling his character as much as the actual exposition does, and I hope his... "counterpart" can keep it up.

I watched the first episode of Erased too, based on this thread's reaction, and it's great :toot:
So great, in fact, that I went ahead and checked out the manga as well. All of it. Including the untranslated chapters. Because I need to know how it ends dammit.
Not sure how I feel about --- HUGE EVIL MANGA SPOILER GODDAMN --- what looks like Kayo AND Airi dropping out of the plot for good, but I guess we'll see.

Really unexpected little gem.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tamba posted:

Here's another one:

good grief this is a 2016 anime?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

dogsicle posted:

that's a much better Clarine, at least

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

good grief this is a 2016 anime?

none of the characters in the anime look like that

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

none of the characters in the anime look like that

oh lol, I hadn't even looked at it. better or worse?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Everything Burrito posted:

oh lol, I hadn't even looked at it. better or worse?

a kitten posted:

This gif looked funny so i kept scrolling.

I'm not going to be watching the pandora shell thing.

these are the foreground characters from that image

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
that's quite a difference. my internet is in and out right now so the gif wasn't loading earlier

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

a kitten posted:

Reportedly a shot of the new Sailor Moon Crystal designs.

These are better looking but that doesn't matter if they don't animate worth a drat and given this is Toei they won't.

Also, they're calling this "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal: Season 3" for reasons I don't even care to try to understand given Black Moon was a Story Arc in Season 1.

Then again, at this point I don't know why I'm even bothering to have a go at Toei given that they simply don't know any better and I might make better use of my time getting out of the way of the Steamroller rather than screaming at Austin Powers.

The fact that Digimon Tri came out relatively unscaved (though not streaming in the UK because their Europe Branch is it's own gaggle of pant gargeling wunderkind) is a "mistake" that I'm sure Toei will work to rectify in the other three releases.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 10, 2016

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I don't trust it because if they're basing it off the manga, it's still going to feel like a slog to watch. Crystal made me realize that you need the dumb monsters of the day for that show to be any fun otherwise it's just the Usagi and Mamoru show all the time. I am sure this might be how the manga is in which case, I do not know how it got popular.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
No Crystal absolutely ups the Usagi and Mamoru focus to the point where the Senshi are just erased from scenes they were in in the manga

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

ConanThe3rd posted:

These are better looking but that doesn't matter if they don't animate worth a drat and given this is Toei they won't.

Also, they're calling this "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal: Season 3" for reasons I don't even care to try to understand given Black Moon was a Story Arc in Season 1.

Then again, at this point I don't know why I'm even bothering to have a go at Toei given that they simply don't know any better and I might make better use of my time getting out of the way of the Steamroller rather than screaming at Austin Powers.

The fact that Digimon Tri came out relatively unscaved (though not streaming in the UK because their Europe Branch is it's own gaggle of pant gargeling wunderkind) is a "mistake" that I'm sure Toei will work to rectify in the other three releases.

Toei is generally garbage, but they animated kyousougiga so there's talent somewhere in the company

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Komugi-chan R is exactly what I wanted, it is super fun and good

and somehow has a really cool and nice ending song what??????

I like Bubuki Buranki, fairly interested to find out what all is going on and I have a fondness for 'post-apocalyptic semi-fantasy with robots in' which is a most popular genre

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Holy poo poo, ERASED. I'm officially hooked after just the first episode. I really like the sound design.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ah

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Good Listener posted:

I don't trust it because if they're basing it off the manga, it's still going to feel like a slog to watch. Crystal made me realize that you need the dumb monsters of the day for that show to be any fun otherwise it's just the Usagi and Mamoru show all the time. I am sure this might be how the manga is in which case, I do not know how it got popular.

The anime started three months after the manga started and ended 5 days after the manga ended, so they were pretty much running simultaneously. So it's probably because of the anime.

The manga was a monthly series, so this meant that the anime started when the manga only had three chapters, and must have started production some time before that.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Only two-thirds of the shows I'm interested in this season have aired so far and already I'm pretty satisfied. Prince of Stride, HaruChika, Erased, Rakugo and the continuation of Haikyu S2 and Tantei Team were all extremely good. Dagashi Kashi has been the only thing that didn't really do it for me so far, but I'm willing to give it some time to hit its stride.

If the rest of the shows I'm planning on watching are even half as good as the rest then I'm going to be in for one hell of a season.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nurse Witch turned out to be an (almost) played completely straight magical girl show, it was okay but nothing special either.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

No Crystal absolutely ups the Usagi and Mamoru focus to the point where the Senshi are just erased from scenes they were in in the manga
i have to wonder if this is some sort of weird counter-strike to the 90s anime producers really disliking mamoru and doing their best to undermine him or make him seem like a goof

the funny thing about that is that by doing so they made him way more likable and interesting

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Phantom Colors etc. was cute and silly, I'll give it at least a few episodes. Maybe some in the cast will kiss each other.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

a kitten posted:

Phantom Colors etc. was cute and silly, I'll give it at least a few episodes. Maybe some in the cast will kiss each other.

Preferably none of them will be the boring dude.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dogsicle posted:

well Shirow managed to get the panty usb port put in somehow :v:
i need to finish the second half, but it managed to have a lot of stuff happen but still feel draggy. i like the characters other than Clarine's design/main girl's obsession with her, and the organization of women forced into cosplay was kinda funny.

What makes it double down on how already completely awful that "Pandora's Box" gimmick is is that it's completely superfluous even in the context of the show. Clarine's is on a voice lock, and both cyborg girls have perfectly good GiTS-style neck ports. They wrote around their show's own series bible just to do that :cripes:.

Also, https://www.animelab.com/shows/luck--logic]Luck & Logic is now up on AnimeLab, Lucy.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi has me hooked. I read most of the manga a while ago, but since I'm not very smart I kind of forgot most of the plot so I get to enjoy it all over again. Yay for dumb brains :v:

If I absolutely had to nitpick though, the art in the manga looked much better in black and white and loses a tiny bit of its "soul" in color but hey, who cares?

Is there anybody making a thread for it?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

WitchFetish posted:

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi has me hooked. I read most of the manga a while ago, but since I'm not very smart I kind of forgot most of the plot so I get to enjoy it all over again. Yay for dumb brains :v:

If I absolutely had to nitpick though, the art in the manga looked much better in black and white and loses a tiny bit of its "soul" in color but hey, who cares?

Is there anybody making a thread for it?

Feel free to. It seems like the kind of thing that would get bogged down in manga-related black bars though.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
BBK/BRNK had some cool stuff in it, but by and large, it felt like a middling JRPG with the added disadvantage that you couldn't play it, and the sense of spectacle that a show like that really leans on was torpedoed by that hideous CG and those wincingly garish character designs. At least with Knights of Sidonia, the CG fitted in with the cold, clinical far-future aesthetic - here, they just don't have an excuse.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Feel free to. It seems like the kind of thing that would get bogged down in manga-related black bars though.

Could just say 'this is the anime thread, no manga spoilers please' and be done with it.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Could just say 'this is the anime thread, no manga spoilers please' and be done with it.

That worked out great for the IBO thread

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Was the nurse witch anim non-paedophilic or am I gonna get probated for a bad rec

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Namtab posted:

Was the nurse witch anim non-paedophilic or am I gonna get probated for a bad rec

You better watch it. I'm trusting your rec and plan on watching it too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was fine apart from those old dudes at the 14 year old girl idol show bothered me.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Admoon posted:

You better watch it. I'm trusting your rec and plan on watching it too.

I'm gonna watch it now

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Droyer posted:

That worked out great for the IBO thread

Huh? IBO wasn't an adaptation of a long-running, twist-heavy work. Are you sure you're not thinking of something else?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sakurazuka posted:

It was fine apart from those old dudes at the 14 year old girl idol show bothered me.

Why would real life bother you

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

pandaK posted:

Why would real life bother you

Lots of things about real life are bad and bother me.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Huh? IBO wasn't an adaptation of a long-running, twist-heavy work. Are you sure you're not thinking of something else?

Although it's not completely the same, I was referring to non-IBO conversations happening several times, despite the mod going in several times to tell people to cut it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Namtab posted:

I'm gonna watch it now

it was inoffensive but not interesting either.

• Locked thread