Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Sandi sucks all the air out of the room the minute she walks in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
:lol:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Anyone ever discuss the load times? I watched a video and from hitting launch on the desktop to the hanger screen it was just shy of 3 minutes of loading. Is that normal?

:gary:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

oh man that picture is hilarious.. look at how sad and unhappy everyone is next to Sandi. "Why cant she just leave :( " going through all their heads at the same time.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

real mvp

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

hahahaaahahahahah

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

This shot of Sandi would be good for photoshopping into windows.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

why is she wearing a snuggie? and what's up with the sunglasses? did she have a bit too much recreational drug use last night?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

cig.jpg

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

All three have completely different expressions, but say the same thing

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

grimcreaper posted:

So, are you actually going to be brewing Bitter Tears? This could be amazing. Also, have you checked your local laws regarding giving away/selling beer and stuff?

Yeah I'll give it a shot brewing it. It looks like a really interesting style that could be pretty challenging since the style seems to call for a very clean, crisp beer that allows the salt, coriander, and lactic acid to take center stage. I've also never done a sour beer before and might have fun experimenting with lacto for the first time. As for giving/selling it selling beer is absolute 100% LOL PRISON gently caress no without a liquor license. It's legal to ship alcohol assuming you do it the right way.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
not pictured: Token who immediately went running once Sandi crashed the party.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

lol you guys weren't kidding when you said they have nothing to talk about. Holy poo poo.

I skipped through some of it, Sandi arrived, the two video guys immediately left, they were discussing what everyone had done that week. So Sandi took over as the center of attention and made jokes about firing people in Austin and making obnoxious comments to them. I don't really understand the motivation behind these jokes, I assume she's not denying the fact that people got fired in LA when James etc left, so I don't see how joking about firing people isn't stupid and fails as a "this doesn't happen" joke, even if she wasn't involved in the firing according to her she's the bosses wife and that was never a secret. Which makes the obnoxious comments joke worse, as it seems to suggest that did happen too, if you're trying to follow the twisted logic of someone trying to defend themselves incredibly badly with fake humour when you know they are burning inside with rage.

Anyway, later she spoke about this new design your own space helmet video show, great another video show, and how she'd like some free time this new years but doesn't look like it'll happen, same as last year, work work work, no time for myself. Hey, maybe ask for a raise love, if :lesnick: was making lovely comments about the long hours he worked I'd be laughing at him too but I assume you get paid a fuckton more.

She also spoke about interviewing CS managers in the UK and how she had to get up early, hence the sunglasses, and :lesnick: and her had another secret interview later, also talked to three publicist companies as "going wider" next year, whatever the gently caress that means.

As a reality tv show, "Cloud Imperium Games" season 3 officially sucks, all my favourite characters got written out and looking at the 6 characters we now have it's really stretching reality to think these people could ever be involved in a real life game studio :-

:lesnick: The nerdy pc gamer stuck in a love affair with a failed hollywood director/producer who used to make computer games.
:lesnick:'s wife who seems nice but totally uninterested in pc games, deals with subscriptions and is learning Chinese for her résumé
The cast of 48 Hrs, 1 black guy, 1 white guy, totally uninterested in pc games but team up to track down video editing bugs
Some random guy that used to pick up baseball litter and somehow ended up employed, thinks he's funny but tends to comes across as if he's being using bath salts again.
The bosses wife, the most interesting character but far too crazy to be believable as a real person.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

fear and loathing

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

SelenicMartian posted:

This shot of Sandi would be good for photoshopping into windows.

I agree

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Also while I remember Sandi said the Austin office isn't closing and plenty of people there as part of her fake humour act.

quote:

Disco and Hennessy shot a lot of content that’ll be in future AtV’s. 14 segments.
I believe from what Derek & that Bandit guy on twitter who leaked stuff too, that they are closing that office and moving to a cheaper Austin location and I also assume they shot 14 episodes worth of content in Austin just to cover that up. If that's true this intended deception by filming stuff to use later is only going to look more dodgy after the fact to anyone with any common loving sense. Unless they really did sign another year for that large Austin office just to prove Derek Smart wrong about something.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

At least one or two of those need to say muffs instead of blacks.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

FrankieGoes posted:

At least one or two of those need to say muffs instead of blacks.

:effort:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Has someone on Reddit got so sick of waiting they're building SC themselves?

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
Here's a question: What people are working on this game who have have extensive and confidence inspiring experience of game development?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

AP posted:

I don't really understand the motivation behind these jokes, I assume she's not denying the fact that people got fired in LA when James etc left, so I don't see how joking about firing people isn't stupid and fails as a "this doesn't happen" joke, even if she wasn't involved in the firing according to her she's the bosses wife and that was never a secret. Which makes the obnoxious comments joke worse, as it seems to suggest that did happen too, if you're trying to follow the twisted logic of someone trying to defend themselves incredibly badly with fake humour when you know they are burning inside with rage.

I think there's an easy way to explain the logic...

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

guy on reddit taking the reins posted:

Right now I've got a working multiplayer system, a completely retextured M50 and as I said before a basic flight model.

So far this dude has shown me more than CIG.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Agrajag posted:

why is she wearing a snuggie? and what's up with the sunglasses? did she have a bit too much recreational drug use last night?

I think shes coked up. Its the only way she can stand being next to these people

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah I'll give it a shot brewing it. It looks like a really interesting style that could be pretty challenging since the style seems to call for a very clean, crisp beer that allows the salt, coriander, and lactic acid to take center stage. I've also never done a sour beer before and might have fun experimenting with lacto for the first time. As for giving/selling it selling beer is absolute 100% LOL PRISON gently caress no without a liquor license. It's legal to ship alcohol assuming you do it the right way.

I sometimes feel like I'm the last guy in MD that hasn't started brewing yet. One of the guys in the neighborhood even started his own actual (legal) brewery.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Agrajag posted:

My refund took all of one day from request to refunded. I actually did it just for a comparison on wait times between Valve. an actual well run company. and poo poo the shitshow I've been hearing from posters in this thread.

You got your refund for star citizen in 1 day? I asked for one 8 days ago and haven't received any response.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

The toilet is right under the shower.

It's really convenient and futuristic, and since there's no toilet paper in there (and it would get wet and gross anyway), you can just stand on your hands and use the shower-head as a bidet after you do your business.
To be fair those are clearly meant to retract into the wall.

There is some serious dissent rising to the top, it's going to be glorious.

Sappo569 posted:

Surprise, token is back

And Sandi with the usual indoor sunglasses

This reminds me of the ship cockpit where the panel blocks most of the canopy.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

lol you guys weren't kidding when you said they have nothing to talk about. Holy poo poo.
This is the most infuriating part. These idiots are fed several hours of this pigswill every week and none of them notices that for all the "open development" they are watching hours of gossip and zero actual ingame work-in-progress footage?

DarkRefreshment posted:

"Guy for the interview is here early"

Blatant damage control. They would just tell him to wait not announce it on the stream. It's clearly a nod to "We are totally hiring people, no money problems here!!"
This is like watching a 4 year old bullshit an adult, pathetic.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

If it weren't for the terrible blocking these would be great avatars (Sandi could make a good redtext)

Yes I'm talking to you, Seraph.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

phosdex posted:

You got your refund for star citizen in 1 day? I asked for one 8 days ago and haven't received any response.

no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i never gave star citizen money. i got a refund on steam after making a random purchase just to see the difference in response time and with very little effort on my part i got a refund pretty much 3 hours after i put in the request

i'd like to note that cig is stupid to allow anything more than just pre-orders + purchases of jpegs for their "game". they should know that it would complicate refunds/transaction problems/whatever the gently caress else happens with this melting/gifting poo poo.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 13, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

MeLKoR posted:

There is some serious dissent rising to the top, it's going to be glorious.

This reminds me of the ship cockpit where the panel blocks most of the canopy.

This is the most infuriating part. These idiots are fed several hours of this pigswill every week and none of them notices that for all the "open development" they are watching hours of gossip and zero actual ingame work-in-progress footage?

This is like watching a 4 year old bullshit an adult, pathetic.

i tuned in all of only one time to see what exactly they do in these shows and i immediately closed the tab after hearing fatso talk about some shiny embossed printout of a jpeg ship.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

Understood-- the toilet just folds right up into the wall like an ironing board. What could go wrong?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

G0RF posted:

Understood-- the toilet just folds right up into the wall like an ironing board. What could go wrong?

That reminds me of the time I was in a doctor's office restroom and they had one of those little swinging door things for people to leave urine samples in that rotated around, and there was a big sign taped to the door that said ""PLEASE ROTATE SLOWLY." I couldn't stop laughing. Now I'm imagining space toilets with similar signs warning people to make sure it's flushed before folding up.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

G0RF posted:

It's an Iota! http://www.treehugger.com/bathroom-design/iota-folding-toilet-gareth-humphreys-elliott-whiteley.html

Heh, treehugger.com

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
I anticipate that will happening a lot more once CIG implodes.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

I skipped through some of it, Sandi arrived, the two video guys immediately left, they were discussing what everyone had done that week. So Sandi took over as the center of attention and made jokes about firing people in Austin and making obnoxious comments to them.
This person is on drugs.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I lasted 40 minutes having the show on in the background.

They talked about nothing. Absolutely nothing. Again.

Except to announce yet another 'TV show' for a game that doesn't exist.

:gary: PAAAAARP

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did something happen with their CS dept? After being ignored for weeks I've gotten at least 2 emails a day for the last few days about how I'm "not forgotten and in our queue". I had gotten one before, but I've just been bombarded lately. It's....odd. It's like they're constantly sending reminders about how much they suck at this.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Agrajag posted:

why is she wearing a snuggie?

She's probably cold. She's an extremely thin woman in a room full of fatties. If the room was warm enough to be comfortable for thin women, then all the fatties would be sweating.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/296014/regig-race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

That ending line, haha.

• Locked thread