Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

davebo posted:

I'm kind of concerned about this too. I know I can only bring my well geared heroes to raids because nothing is less fun than losing after all that time, but when people are like X up for whatever cosmic I'm comfortable jumping in for one boss fight on anyone. What I don't want is for people to be so monumentally geared that Gaz has to keep upping boss HP, so that the amount of HP it adds by having me present in a party is more than the fair share of damage I'll be able to do. If that happens, and X'ing up just makes boss fights longer than if people solo'd it, the incentive to help out your friends by grouping up drops away. Also if you're midtowning at lvl 60 it's pretty easy to destroy some bosses before people across the map with no teleport power can even get to you.

The answer is more tiered content. Green/red/cosmic/chaos/galactic/stan lee levels. D3 finally got this right with tiered difficulties. poo poo got too easy? Heyo here's tier 7 with higher % for challenge bonuses and 100% multiplicative rif/sif. I think cosmic terms are going to be a tuning nightmare especially after 69 recipes are released. You're looking at your upper % of players getting at least +4 across the board and having a whole different meta for itemization with the options that open up from your +6 tree/+1 skills changing to +7 tree/+2 skills.

If they can't tune characters to have smaller degrees of variance, then they need to add content that won't be a lost cause for tuning because there's just way too much noise. Also I'm really disliking throwing my corpse at red term bosses when leveling up crappier characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
Have they confirmed Reba will be voicing Rogue?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Harlock posted:

I bought one Gungnir that's unleveled and sitting on a 60 I don't play. I basically rush my characters to 60 and then play another one without gearing that one up.

I think if you put a Legendary on a character before level 30, they should have the first tier unlocked around level 50 or so. Might be helpful for finishing the sprint to 60 if you get one of the ones with a lot of damage or spirit in that first tier. That was one reason I went with Savage Axe on Deadpool.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zombie Samurai posted:

I think if you put a Legendary on a character before level 30, they should have the first tier unlocked around level 50 or so. Might be helpful for finishing the sprint to 60 if you get one of the ones with a lot of damage or spirit in that first tier. That was one reason I went with Savage Axe on Deadpool.

You unlock the 1st tier way before 50. Around 30 is when I unlock it if I put it on the hero from level 1.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

RatHat posted:

You unlock the 1st tier way before 50. Around 30 is when I unlock it if I put it on the hero from level 1.

Oh, whoops! Even more reason to do it, then. I've been leveling junky characters with Pots o' Gold lately so I haven't been paying attention.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Yeah I have dumb Pots on most of my characters. I should really buy more, just don't know who I actually want to level up. But I guess I could keep switching them.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Poistiant posted:

Have they confirmed Reba will be voicing Rogue?
Pretty sure they said Catherine Taber will continue to voice her.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Based on what they did with Psylocke I'm assuming Rogue will have a French accent that comes and goes

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Zombie Samurai posted:

I put one on my lord in the 30s and at 43 I have 1.5 tiers done.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Harlock posted:

Yeah I have dumb Pots on most of my characters. I should really buy more, just don't know who I actually want to level up. But I guess I could keep switching them.

I look at it this way, Legendaries can always go back to Odin Marks at a relatively low cost. Turning OM to blessings is a more permanent decision, but it's easy to cash in a legendary.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Soothing Vapors posted:

Based on what they did with Psylocke I'm assuming Rogue will have a French accent that comes and goes

I just hope her dialogue isn't too slutty..

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

hobocrunch posted:

I just hope her dialogue isn't too slutty..

Yo, you've got to be loving kidding me with this

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

nickhimself posted:

I know it's in her character, but too much is too much. Ya know?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Hey nick, what's your Thing gear setup that got such a sweet time. I assume you used a cosmic slot 5?

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

nickhimself posted:

He's owning the slut gimmick. I approve of this as long as he doesn't slut it up too much. Wait, can a hobocrunch even be a slut?

Edit: what's the conversion rate on sluts to cucks?

Rufio fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 20, 2014

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
I think we should unban hobocrunch because

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Prel posted:

I definitely would not say that about myself, I haven't tried to fully max out SL and I don't think my build is very different from what everybody else is doing. I'll share it anyways though.

This is almost entirely for raiding, for doing cosmics I'd get points into Cryo Grenade somehow; probably drop Earth or CQC.

Build:

I use his uniques for slot 2-5 and a cosmic in slot 1 that gives me +9 etc/+9 cqc now that I've upgraded it.

Madame Hydra medallion, Lemuria for relics. Gungnir + Bowazon. I manage my spirit with 20 points in Neural Recovery + a medkit core. I use Psionic Overload so I can always activate my medkit when I need it.

I don't really think I'm doing anything super fancy or different except maybe Neural Recovery, but there you go.

e: I get asked about Earth a lot, so quick words on that. It's basically a clone of Strafe. It does almost the same exact damage, has the same cooldown, a slightly narrower area, can't be reset, and knocks enemies up. It does not cost any spirit. I like it a lot as an extra spirit-free nuke, but you could probably put those points somewhere else if you felt strongly that you needed something else.

Why run earth and strafe? I'd think dropping Strafe would be fine, since earth is at least free, and I don't think strafe is any better for single target than just using cqc or etc.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
mouth of the south :pervert:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

I look at it this way, Legendaries can always go back to Odin Marks at a relatively low cost. Turning OM to blessings is a more permanent decision, but it's easy to cash in a legendary.

Yeah, this is why I never have more than 300 marks at any given time. Once I got it in my head that I could trade them back whenever, I put Legendaries on every character I could afford to.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

alansmithee posted:

Why run earth and strafe? I'd think dropping Strafe would be fine, since earth is at least free, and I don't think strafe is any better for single target than just using cqc or etc.

Strafe and Earth are both fantastic and worth using in a ST rotation. Incendiary Cluster Bomb seems lacking to me in comparison, if I were going to drop any power from my SL build right this instant, it'd probably be that. I haven't actually done any hard tests though because I usually just let other nerds do it for me.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Hello I'm going to be away from my computer for a week please don't kick me tia~

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Metrohunter posted:

Strafe and Earth are both fantastic and worth using in a ST rotation. Incendiary Cluster Bomb seems lacking to me in comparison, if I were going to drop any power from my SL build right this instant, it'd probably be that. I haven't actually done any hard tests though because I usually just let other nerds do it for me.

cluster bomb's dot is OP

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
I have 5000 marks at the moment and I need to figure out something to do with them that doesn't involve interacting with pubbies. If a goon opened a business interacting with pubbies to do trades I'd be the biggest customer.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Buhbuhj posted:

Hello I'm going to be away from my computer for a week please don't kick me tia~

For general information, it's only people who haven't logged in for 30 days or more who get kicked for inactivity.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

hobocrunch posted:

I'm confused. You kicked me because I have aspergers? :(

It has nothing to do with whatever illnesses you might or might not have. Let me try to clarify. You stirred up poo poo and were unapologetic about it. Do you remember getting probated for it? I realize that looking at your own post history is an arduous task but try it, its pretty illuminating.

Also, to clarify this point as well, the super group does not put up with any type of misogynist or homophobic content, whether it be serious or a sad attempt at humor. We are all carebear crabby babbys with no sense of humor. Each and every one of us.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

cluster bomb's dot is OP

it's aight
tbh on starlord you can take almost any mishmash of powers and be cool

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

jubelio posted:

Also, to clarify this point as well, the super group does not put up with any type of misogynist or homophobic content, whether it be serious or a sad attempt at humor. We are all carebear crabby babbys with no sense of humor. Each and every one of us.

Can we also ban anyone who talks about plants, zombies, ghosts, or anime?

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Prel posted:

I think new Mask of Algrim is probably BiS for melee Iron Man, it looks pretty strong for hybrid TM too. Even if it is slightly behind Brutal Shades for dps it's packed with other good stuff now, and it may not be behind at all depending on rolls and your other stats. Really perfect cosmics might still be better, but good luck with that.

I'm looking to get one for IM, Strange, and BP (well, I have one mask, still need 2 more). It looks to be BiS for pretty much anyone who doesn't have a +6 to primary tree slot 5, or 1 ability they really want to max (which is why I'm not using it on MK or SS, cosmic is likely better for them).

The boots look really good too. Maybe better that Footstigons for melee, and I think should directly replace shield recon/tabi for everyone using those.

Lux Aeterna posted:

This power creep is getting pretty bad.
Yeah, I'm not quite sure if all these boosts are actually good. Adding in items that invalidate large swathes of the current best gear doesn't seem all that wise for balance.

davebo posted:

I'm kind of concerned about this too. I know I can only bring my well geared heroes to raids because nothing is less fun than losing after all that time, but when people are like X up for whatever cosmic I'm comfortable jumping in for one boss fight on anyone. What I don't want is for people to be so monumentally geared that Gaz has to keep upping boss HP, so that the amount of HP it adds by having me present in a party is more than the fair share of damage I'll be able to do. If that happens, and X'ing up just makes boss fights longer than if people solo'd it, the incentive to help out your friends by grouping up drops away. Also if you're midtowning at lvl 60 it's pretty easy to destroy some bosses before people across the map with no teleport power can even get to you.
Tbh I think this is already happening. The gap between red-cosmic seems a lot greater than it was pre-omega, and since cosmics are the best place to gear up, it's gonna create a wall effect where people starting now are gonna have a much rougher time getting to the same level as players who have been around awhile (not even accounting for omegas).

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 20, 2014

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Okay, but after having a lengthy discussion with 50%-100% of your members, they've decided that they ALSO dislike you and KelpPlankton. I've created a strawpoll for you all to vote in regarding the discussion.

http://strawpoll.me/2384523

Sluts love strawpolls.

hobocrunch fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 20, 2014

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Rufio posted:

Good job singling out the Rocket, GR, and Psylocke players. Bigot.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Zombie Samurai posted:

Good job singling out the Rocket, GR, and Psylocke players. Bigot.

So just Fruitcake Hero then? I can handle that

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

alansmithee posted:

It's just another cooldown nuke to add into a rotation. They're both worth using for sure anytime there is more than one thing they can hit. Now that I have my EtC pumped up really high I probably should time the animations for Strafe & Earth to make sure they are still worth using vs. a true single target (I think they are, but it's worth making sure). Same for ICB I guess, although you're going to want to use at least one Starship power to apply vulnerability.

Strafe can be reset with Uplink, so I would be more likely to drop Earth if I was only going to use one. My Strafe is also slightly higher rank than Earth because of his uniques.

Prel fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 20, 2014

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season

Harlock posted:

I bought one Gungnir that's unleveled and sitting on a 60 I don't play. I basically rush my characters to 60 and then play another one without gearing that one up.

I do this as well. I got lucky during the Pot of Gold event, so I have a bunch of mans with partially levelled bowls of oatmeal. I also have 7 rainbows left over that I forgot to convert into bowls before the recipe went away. :smith:

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Prel posted:

It's just another cooldown nuke to add into a rotation. They're both worth using for sure anytime there is more than one thing they can hit. Now that I have my EtC pumped up really high I probably should time the animations for Strafe & Earth to make sure they are still worth using vs. a true single target (I think they are, but it's probably worth making sure). Same for ICB I guess, although you're going to want to use at least one Starship power to apply vulnerability.

Strafe can be rest with Uplink, so I would be more likely to drop Earth if I was only going to use one. My Strafe is also slightly higher rank than Earth because of his uniques.

That makes sense, although I've heard from others due to the kinda clunky animation Strafe vs. single target isn't worth it vs. just firing more bullets. ICB keeping up the dot and vuln makes it worthwhile I think (also the refresh for double dots!).

I've not totally tricked him out though so things could change depending on gear and ranks, of course. He's on my short list of people who I'm thinking of working on next so I've been looking into his gear and rotations.

I'm wondering if CQC will be worth it for red raids due to the need to get in close and it's kinda wonky behavior (I thought they fixed the CD reset bug?).

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Harlock posted:

Just keep doing legendary quests. Splinters pretty much have a set timer. Unless you use boosts, probably looking at 1 per 8-10 minutes. They have odin mark boosts too, but I've never used them. I've got something like 300 hours in the game and about 1800 Odin Marks that I haven't spent yet.

Even if you keep doing only this, you should buy an M'Kraan and swap it to every new hero you play. The extra 200 spirit will come in very handy.

Odin marks used to be much harder to get, but now LQs give more than one, and you can be completing LQs and SQs at the same time. I just reroll all story LQs that aren't associated with a permanent bonus to make sure I cycle through the SQs quickly too.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Metrohunter posted:

Icb has a nice dot component though

I burned yet another retcon and went with a non ele build featuring cryo and spaceships and I have not regretted it at all yet. With child sized RotS I have to try hard to run out of spirit. Really enjoying the char and I have 2 unique boxes and a ton of SQ reward boxes for him when he hits 60

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rufio posted:

Edit: what's the conversion rate on sluts to cucks?

Are those metric or Imperial cucks?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Rufio posted:

Woah, woah woah, what's wrong with Groot?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Icb has a nice dot component though

I burned yet another retcon and went with a non ele build featuring cryo and spaceships and I have not regretted it at all yet. With child sized RotS I have to try hard to run out of spirit. Really enjoying the char and I have 2 unique boxes and a ton of SQ reward boxes for him when he hits 60

Yes, I still use it in every fight every time it's off CD. This is the build I use at 60. 1-point water and the elemental basic for extra spirit regen because I can't always guarantee having a safe opportunity to take damage in raids in order to eat a medkit to top me off. If you're using a zigg then this shouldn't be an issue though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Metrohunter posted:

Yes, I still use it in every fight every time it's off CD. This is the build I use at 60. 1-point water and the elemental basic for extra spirit regen because I can't always guarantee having a safe opportunity to take damage in raids in order to eat a medkit to top me off. If you're using a zigg then this shouldn't be an issue though.

This is where Psionic Overload comes in handy if you have the omegas

• Locked thread