Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JACK_ATTACK
Jul 26, 2005
It's patch day!

The main thing they added is Blackwing Lair, which is definitely something to look forward to, but it'll be some time before we get in there given our quality of raiding. But, more importantly...

Pathing is fixed! No more blinking through the world! No more fleeing enemies running through walls! No more polymorphs falling through the world!

I did a little testing in the Stockades and the Arathi kobold cave, and it worked perfectly. We'll have to see how it works in instances like Stratholme, where sheeping was hugely problematic, Balnazzar feared you through the world more often than not, and the Baron's guards typically spawned underground.

Also fixed: Downranking coefficients, Blessing of Light, Blessing of Wisdom aggro. Best patch ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

JACK_ATTACK posted:

It's patch day!

The main thing they added is Blackwing Lair, which is definitely something to look forward to, but it'll be some time before we get in there given our quality of raiding. But, more importantly...

Pathing is fixed! No more blinking through the world! No more fleeing enemies running through walls! No more polymorphs falling through the world!

I did a little testing in the Stockades and the Arathi kobold cave, and it worked perfectly. We'll have to see how it works in instances like Stratholme, where sheeping was hugely problematic, Balnazzar feared you through the world more often than not, and the Baron's guards typically spawned underground.

Also fixed: Downranking coefficients, Blessing of Light, Blessing of Wisdom aggro. Best patch ever?

This sounds fantastic. If they fixed the resetting of that one MC boss from weds then it would be perfect

Rapner
May 7, 2013

If I remember correctly you can easily do the first boss in BWL, as it is more of a coordination check instead of a gear check. We used to do this back in the day in my crappy guild that hadn't finished MC.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Didn't vanilla WoW have a small party bonus to XP from kills? Or am I imagining things?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Looks like human weapon skill bonuses are working :toot:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
It is just the opposite - being in a party splits the experience you get. This is why people powerleveling alts refrain from grouping their characters.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Fun Times! posted:

It is just the opposite - being in a party splits the experience you get. This is why people powerleveling alts refrain from grouping their characters.

I think it's technically supposed to still have a bonus.

Like if you have two equal level characters, and you kill a mob that does X experience points, then each character will get X/1.5 or something like that, instead of X/2.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

The party bonus is for parties of 3 of more.

quote:

A way to increase XP gain is forming a party of three to five players (the bonus does not apply to two-man parties). A multiplied amount of XP is shared by members in the same area when a mob is defeated by a member, the factor increasing with each additional player in the party. The division of XP among party members is an unknown calculation based on the various levels of the party members, the level of the mob, and other factors.

Freedonkeys
Jan 7, 2010
I'm a glutton for punishment. Could someone invite Freedonkeys to the guild? Thanks!

Crimson_Phoenix
Jul 26, 2005

JACK_ATTACK posted:

It's patch day!

BWL, pathing, coefficients, etc.

I wonder if they added the queuing mechanism as well, because this is the first time I've had to wait to log-in to the server. (Seems more and more Blizz-like every day!)

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Can AV be here now? :smith:

FondleMySarcasm
Nov 3, 2007
Could someone throw an invite to Tobbs. Much appreciated!

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I played for the first time in a few days last night and it seemed like the server was pretty drat stable. I wasn't disconnected once and I never lagged, and I play from the US.

Not too shabby, Feenix.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer

armoredgorilla posted:

I played for the first time in a few days last night and it seemed like the server was pretty drat stable. I wasn't disconnected once and I never lagged, and I play from the US.

Not too shabby, Feenix.

Yeah, I've also noticed improvements on stability in the last week.

On another note, I've just hit 40 on Kokanee, and was wondering if anyone had a slow level 40 one hander that's not an axe laying around. Send me a mail ingame so we can work something out.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

imatree posted:

Yeah, I've also noticed improvements on stability in the last week.

On another note, I've just hit 40 on Kokanee, and was wondering if anyone had a slow level 40 one hander that's not an axe laying around. Send me a mail ingame so we can work something out.

Looks like the guild bank has a Reforged Blade of Heroes, level 40, 2.2 speed sword.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
There's two now actually! I just reforged a second one last night.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

McSpankWich posted:

There's two now actually! I just reforged a second one last night.

You are a true <Let's Get Weird> hero.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Yeah I've looted two of those damned broken things and can't sell them on the AH. You're welcome.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Can non-goons join the guild if a goon vouches for them and they are not total shitlords?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

armoredgorilla posted:

Can non-goons join the guild if a goon vouches for them and they are not total shitlords?

Yeah, friends are fine to bring in. But they're held to the same standards as everyone else so make sure hes not a complete sperg.

The Beave
Feb 4, 2004

ladies...

Tanners posted:

standards

Wait, we have standards?

I feel like a kid who just found out that his dad has been cheating on his mom.

Funosaurus
May 28, 2009

In as Pique, looking for invite.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

The game was getting really laggy, so I relogged. I then got a message saying my account was banned. I went to the forums and there is a message about a 72 hour maintenance.

I sure hope those two are connected.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

I logged on fine just now.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Rebooted and now I can log on, weird.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Half hour till raid time guys, suit and up and lets get some MC going. Looking forward to making some more good progress this week!

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
I SHOULD BUY A NEW AVATAR. GIVE THE FORUMS ALL MY MONEY.
We killed two bosses this time :downsowned:

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer

armoredgorilla posted:

Looks like the guild bank has a Reforged Blade of Heroes, level 40, 2.2 speed sword.

Thanks for the info, I ended up winning a bid for wirts third leg, a decent 2.3 speed level 40 mace with a high end damage of 91 iirc.

Which two bosses did you guys down in MC, and did our guildies get any good loots?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Last night was a good raid. Not just because we downed Gehennas and Geddon fairly easily, but because we wiped much less to trash, and worked together much better. High hopes for next week. Maybe we can even try and start finishing the raids off later in the week or something. Perhaps Mon/Weds or something?

Gehennas dropped some sweet healing pants that went to one of our druids, and Pally tier1 gloves that went to a Vidya guy. Geddon dropped double lock shoulders (bleh) that were also split. One to Slippers and one to whoever their lock was. We also got a pretty decent amount of BoE's that were distributed out. I think two hunter bracers, a hunter belt, priest belt and bracers, and a rogue belt. I'll post kill shots when I get home from work.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 23, 2013

RocktheHawk
Jul 15, 2007
Dur?
Good job making those MC bosses eat the oats.

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
Think I am gonna come back and try to finish leveling my mage. I got to about 35 and hit the wall I normally hit when I go from 1-60 on a vanilla server. I just get pretty bored. Glad to see you guys are having some good results in MC though, hopefully will be raiding again with ya nerds soon!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

I'm shelving my 5-man multi-box for now and just leveling Hero Of The Alliance Buttfartpoop. I've always wanted to do sneaky stabby rogue stuff and never leveled one, and focusing mostly on one'll get me to 60 faster.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer

SAMB0 posted:

Think I am gonna come back and try to finish leveling my mage. I got to about 35 and hit the wall I normally hit when I go from 1-60 on a vanilla server. I just get pretty bored. Glad to see you guys are having some good results in MC though, hopefully will be raiding again with ya nerds soon!

I know your pain. I just hit 40 and I'm finding it ever more painful to level up. I really want to get to 60, but it may take me another month to get there.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

I don't think I'll be coming back to you any time soon my fellow lets get weird-ers :(

To that end I have a level 60 arcane/frost mage in decent blues and 200 (I think?) gold, 300 enchanting and tailoring too. No epic mount though. If anyone's interested post here and I'll send you the password and poo poo.

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.

Firos posted:

I don't think I'll be coming back to you any time soon my fellow lets get weird-ers :(

To that end I have a level 60 arcane/frost mage in decent blues and 200 (I think?) gold, 300 enchanting and tailoring too. No epic mount though. If anyone's interested post here and I'll send you the password and poo poo.

I'd be down for this to at least raid till I can get my mage up. parlettkevin@gmail.com here's my email

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Sure. Email sent.

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
Thanks! Messed around with some PVP today. Gotta get the Macros down and figure out how to raid again on a 60 mage. Can't imagine it being to difficult! thanks again though.

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
I SHOULD BUY A NEW AVATAR. GIVE THE FORUMS ALL MY MONEY.

SAMB0 posted:

Thanks! Messed around with some PVP today. Gotta get the Macros down and figure out how to raid again on a 60 mage. Can't imagine it being to difficult! thanks again though.

Frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, throw in a Cone of Cold here and there, Evocation every 8 mins (or whatever the cd is). Also make 500 waters and constantly have people yell at you for an AI.

Raiding as a Mage in a nutshell.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

SAMB0 posted:

What I was doing to dps in a raid was to blow AP and the dps trinket, and then when the duration of AP and the trinket get down to <3 sec (not enough time to cast another frostbolt), POM frostbolt + fireblast.

I have died using this rotation in MC a large number of times.

Have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

Firos posted:

I have died using this rotation in MC a large number of times.

This must be the same rotation Tonydanza is using...

• Locked thread