Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

graybook posted:

THIS FIGHT REMINDS ME OF MY DAD!

ALCOHOLISM DESTROYS FAMILIES!

THAT BADASSASAURUS REX IS THE GREATEST MECHANICAL MARVEL I'VE EVER SEEN! IT IS THE HENRY IV OF ROBOTIC DINOSAURS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I love the treasure room! Bindary Thunderball Fists and Legendary Hunter Mod in the SAME chest!

drat, what a find! I prefer pistols, needed a good energy weapon, and have actually seen The Super Infra Man in its entirety!!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 15, 2013

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Kaethela posted:

HE'LL LEARN THAT PRIDE GOES BEFORE A FALL!

ICARUS SYMBOLISM!

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR HOLDING AN OPINION CONTRARY TO MINE!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
From twitter, 1 golden key each.

Pi day code 1:

PC/MAC - CBC3B-5ZTF5-9WR3J-TTJJT-3K5K5.

Pi Day code 2:

PC/MAC - 53WJJ-THTXW-HWRTJ-3TJBT-53R6S

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Greenplastic posted:

From twitter, 1 golden key each.

Pi day code 1:

PC/MAC - CBC3B-5ZTF5-9WR3J-TTJJT-3K5K5.

Pi Day code 2:

PC/MAC - 53WJJ-THTXW-HWRTJ-3TJBT-53R6S

First one works, second one is expired.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
NOW GO PUNCH SOME BAD GUYS IN THE DICK!

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
MEEDLYMEEDLYMEEDLYMEEDLYMOW

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Casull posted:

MEEDLYMEEDLYMEEDLYMEEDLYMOW
Nope, still bad. That was worse, actually.

diablos666
Oct 25, 2007
Only slightly deranged...
EXPLOSIOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
AT THE SOUND OF THE EXPLOSION IT WILL BE KILL S*** O'CLOCK (explosion sound)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

AT THE SOUND OF THE EXPLOSION IT WILL BE KILL S*** O'CLOCK (explosion sound)

it was "TORGUE O'CLOCK" :colbert:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
MOXXI THAT'S BULLSH*T PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOUR COMMENTARY BECAUSE YOU SAY SO MANY INNUENDOS! WELL I CAN DO INNUENDOS TOO!

THE NEXT FIGHT WILL BE BETWEEN THE VAULT HUNTERS AND FLYBOY. BLOWJOBS!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
TINA SAID GOODNIGHT, MOXXI. SHOW'S OVER!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
KEEP KILLING THOSE BANDITS WITH BULLETS SO THEY WON'T BE KILLED BY POISON BEER!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I'm not saying that the fourth DLC should mirror exactly what the Torgue DLC did, but there is obviously a charm to it and to Scarlett that Hammerlock missed by a mile. EXPLOSIONS? That being said i'm looking forward to playing through Torgue again with my Cheatengine-loot-assisted character and I hope the fourth DLC is better than the first 3. Two hits and one miss means that i'm still optimistic.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I'm not saying that the fourth DLC should mirror exactly what the Torgue DLC did, but there is obviously a charm to it and to Scarlett that Hammerlock missed by a mile. EXPLOSIONS? That being said i'm looking forward to playing through Torgue again with my Cheatengine-loot-assisted character and I hope the fourth DLC is better than the first 3. Two hits and one miss means that i'm still optimistic.

Yeah, that's largely because Torgue was the only DLC that was consistent with itself. There was a central theme in the humor and in the missions. While the others had some good moments as well, they were largely disjointed from one another, whereas in Torgue every continuous minute you played you were playing along with the joke.

Though I did love the hell out of the end of the Hammerlock DLC.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
At the risk of ruining my character with my own lack of self control, what is this Cheatengine-loot-assisted-EXPLOSIONS?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Xenaero posted:

At the risk of ruining my character with my own lack of self control, what is this Cheatengine-loot-assisted-EXPLOSIONS?

quote:

BORDERLANDS 2 LOOT TABLE FUCKERY
Okay here we go. This is a bit of a faff to do and it does need you to do some stuff each time you play but it's better than spending hours trying to grind out anything better than a blue.

1) Download and install CheatEngine from http://www.cheatengine.org/
2) Download this file and keep it somewhere you can find it easily: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzw...p=sharing&pli=1
3) Start up Borderlands and skip through all the logos etc until you get to the main menu (with the camera spinning round your character), then alt-tab out
4) Open up CheatEngine
5) Click on the little computer icon in the top left, you should see a list of running processes. Select the Borderlands 2 one and click Open.
6) Click on the open folder icon next to the computer one. Navigate to where you saved the file from step 2 and open that.
7) The screen should change to a couple of checkboxes, this is where the magic happens. Check the bottom of the two boxes which should read "Item Rarity/Chances - Enable". You might get a second's hangup as it finds the presets, this is normal.
8) You should now see the default values in the righthand column, here's where you can see how bullshit the game's drops really are. Weight 0-6 is what determines what drops.
9) Click on each checkbox in turn and hit enter to manually adjust the value. This morning I had it on 100/100/40/30/20/10/5 which works pretty well.
10) Enjoy lootsplosions!

You will have to do steps 3 onwards every time you play, but once you know what you're doing it only takes a minute. The presets box has a bunch of stuff to change it back to normal, have only legendaries drop, stuff like that.

I think the settings at the bottom are about how likely an enemy / boss / pile of garbage is to actually drop equipment for different numbers of players. I haven't touched them so I'm not really sure.

Also just so you know the loot tiers are:

0 VeryCommon = Health
1 Common = White
2 Uncommon = Green
3 Uncommoner = Eridium (this seems to affect both the overall drop rate of Eridium and the chance that a purple weapon is an Eridian one? I'm not really sure)
4 Rare = Blue
5 VeryRare = Purple
6 Legendary = Orange

Have fun, I've enjoyed a couple of hours of low level play using this waaaay more than I did the dozen or so I sank in with Salvador at endgame trying to farm legendaries.

Enjoy. Maybe one of these days we'll get it into the OP.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3504490&perpage=40&pagenumber=350#post412769335

That CE script only points to the drop rates, so you won't be tempted to do anything else.

I was pleased as punch to check back on this thread and learn the drop rates are moddable. I gave up on my first playthrough of the game around Lynchwood shortly after release because I had no good guns and suddenly killing even-level enemies was horrible boring slog. Hopefully this'll make the game as fun as modding the drop rates in Diablo 2 did.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Don't do it its for babies and cowards only.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

graybook posted:

KEEP KILLING THOSE BANDITS WITH BULLETS SO THEY WON'T BE KILLED BY POISON BEER!
WAIT! THAT MAKES NO ****ING SENSE! GODDAMMIT!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

You thought there was more charm to Scarlett than Hammerlock? I'm nearing the end of Hammerlock, and so far Scarlett is definitely my least favorite. Bland, empty desert everywhere, and this kind of sad vibe to it. All those pathetic, lonely characters, like the bounty-board quest giver who just sounded really depressed for some reason (The big exception was C3N50R807! He was awesome). No combat challenges at all, at least in my lvl 50 TVHM playthrough (and that was before gearing up with the treasure room, of course). And the (scarlett endgame spoiler) anticlimatic Scarlett showdown where she just runs away. I wanted to shoot her in the loving face for blowing up Herbert goddammit.

Actually, what I like the most about Hammerlock are the Witch Doctors - after gearing up with oranges, they actually made the game challenging again! And I like fighting creatures. Not enough creatures in Scarlett.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 16, 2013

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Greenplastic posted:

You thought there was more charm to Scarlett than Hammerlock? I'm nearing the end of Hammerlock, and so far Scarlett is definitely my least favorite. Bland, empty desert everywhere, and this kind of sad vibe to it. All those pathetic, lonely characters, like the bounty-board quest giver who just sounded really depressed for some reason.

It's a little funnier once you realize he's rigged up dead bodies with bullhorns in them that he himself voices so he can pretend he's not the only one left alive. That and he kinda looks like Hunter S. Thompson- I'll take that reference any day.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Monkey Fracas posted:

That and he kinda looks like Hunter S. Thompson- I'll take that reference any day.

Saving grace of the character :)

He had a nice delusion going at least, the woman on the bounty board just sounded like she needed a therapist...

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 16, 2013

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gravel Gravy posted:

Though I did love the hell out of the end of the Hammerlock DLC.
The whole Hammerlock DLC was great 'cause our group has a dude with a Naka(suffix) Japanese surname, and he's totally our "that guy."

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Greenplastic posted:

And the (scarlett endgame spoiler) anticlimatic Scarlett showdown where she just runs away. I wanted to shoot her in the loving face for blowing up Herbert goddammit.

You know I was more pissed that she made me carry a bomb all that time. drat Scarlett, just be more direct and ask me to shoot that guy in the face. After seeing inside Herbert's shack, it was clear he had to die.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Alright, I think I want to give this game one more try. Being a total newbie, what class or spec will give me the largest ratio of awesome explosions to horrible personal death possible?

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

I would say that a Mechromancer with Anarchy is your best bet. If you don't have the DLC then I'd recommend the Commando instead.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ciaphas posted:

Alright, I think I want to give this game one more try. Being a total newbie, what class or spec will give me the largest ratio of awesome explosions to horrible personal death possible?

Gunzerker. Guns and more guns. EXPLOSIONS AND MORE EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Xenaero posted:

Gunzerker. Guns and more guns. EXPLOSIONS AND MORE EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!
Also, almost never having to put effort into restocking ammo beyond "maybe opening some boxes I guess".

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Reiley posted:

Don't do it its for babies and cowards only.

Then use CE to make the drop rates lower. There's no reason to treat the rates chosen by the developers as sacrosanct.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Gotta be the Gunzerker.

GARBAGE DAY

(He does take a little bit to get rolling, but once you do, daaaaamn. Spec into the middle tree, starting with Inconceivable. Then keep going for stuff that increases how long you can gunzerk. Neverending bulletstorm :black101:)

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone else been having trouble with random hangs and screen blackouts recently? The last couple of days, my primary monitor's gone blank, then to the applications on my desktop behind BL2, but the mouse is still trapped in the 'invisible' BL2 process that I can still hear sound effects from. When I have to kill it through Task Manager, Steam usually pops up an 'application already running' error.

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 16, 2013

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Monkey Fracas posted:

Gotta be the Gunzerker.

GARBAGE DAY

(He does take a little bit to get rolling, but once you do, daaaaamn. Spec into the middle tree, starting with Inconceivable. Then keep going for stuff that increases how long you can gunzerk. Neverending bulletstorm :black101:)
There's an achievement for Gunzerking for 90 seconds without stopping.

Once you really get rolling that's gonna seem short :black101:

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

And there, till Christ call forth the dead,
In silence let him lie:
No need to waste the foolish tear,
Or heave the windy sigh:
The man had killed the thing he loved,
And so he had to die.

Bieeardo posted:

Has anyone else been having trouble with random hangs and screen blackouts recently? The last couple of days, my primary monitor's gone blank, then to the applications on my desktop behind BL2, but the mouse is still trapped in the 'invisible' BL2 process that I can still hear sound effects from. When I have to kill it through Task Manager, Steam usually pops up an 'application already running' error.

I, and others playing on my server, have been getting a lot of 1-2 sec hangs over the last two days. Only one error though.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Kaethela posted:

Enjoy. Maybe one of these days we'll get it into the OP.

I should probably point out that I'm no longer as hot on the 100/100/40/30/20/10/5 distribution, it's a bit too heavy on the purps and oranges, and if you've got four players it can get downright ridiculous. 200/100/40/30/20/7/3 is my current jam.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I haven't experimented with editing drops much. Are they proportional or absolute? That is, does 1/1/1/1/1/1/1 give the same result as 100/100/100/100/100/100/100, or does the latter spawn 100x as many guns?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

They're all relative, so keep that in mind when you're adjusting values. For fun try adding up all the default values and figure out how often legendaries drop.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I think it would be amazing if every mob dropped like 8 things in various colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Try cranking the four bottom values in the table linked above to like 100, they determine overall drop rates for different numbers of players.

• Locked thread