Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The poster for Justice League needs to have all of them as Chimpanzees with the tagline promising "This is not a dream or an imaginary tale!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Immortan posted:

I think you might be referring to the 8 year old looking Lex Luther in the upcoming film?

Good one, lmao.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Immortan posted:

I think you might be referring to the 8 year old looking Lex Luther in the upcoming film?

Haha, good catch.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Also huh, I'm looking at a signed glossy 8" x 10" photo of him right now and he has a lot of hair in it. Lex is usually extremely bald - what's up with that?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Immortan posted:

The idea of Lex as an 8 year old makes me want to see a reimagining of this scene with Superman and Batman instead.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

The Man of Steel script posted:

AS A GENERAL OF KRYPTON MY ONLY PURPOSE IS TO PROTECT MY PEOPLE. THAT IS THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH I WAS CREATED. AND NOW.....*vacant Ulillillia stare*......I HAVE NO PEOPLE.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

greatn posted:

The poster for Justice League needs to have all of them as Chimpanzees with the tagline promising "This is not a dream or an imaginary tale!"

It's honestly a big missed opportunity that none of the movies have done some joke posters like the old Lois lane / Jimmy Olsen covers

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Ulillillia isn't autistic

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

That line is from Man of Steel. Zod doesn't become a zombie until Batman v Superman.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Enough! It's time for a Batman v. Superman/Legend of the Ten Elemental Masters crossover!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Ferrinus posted:

Enough! It's time for a Batman v. Superman/Legend of the Ten Elemental Masters crossover!

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's honestly a big missed opportunity that none of the movies have done some joke posters like the old Lois lane / Jimmy Olsen covers

I know there's a lot that's strange about this image, but what really bothers me is that he doesn't just say 'queen kong'

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Snowman_McK posted:

I know there's a lot that's strange about this image, but what really bothers me is that he doesn't just say 'queen kong'

Queen Kuong.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Comic books have gone to some weird, weird places.

"TOO BAD JIMMY NOW gently caress THE MONKEY."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Snowman_McK posted:

Sex and gender are two separate things, please address King Kong by his preferred title.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is what Batmen actually believe.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Gyges posted:

This is what Batmen actually believe.

Of course Batman fears Superman. He is an illegal immigrant who is more successful at his job.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I bet that stew he's making is really good.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mysterious frankie posted:

I bet that stew he's making is really good.

Superman is canonically really great at making stew

But his restaurant reviews are loving brutal

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Everyone who ate that stew developed cancer.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Wait,is Clark Kent wearing a Superman costume for the gently caress of it, or is this just one of those times Lois knew who he was but was also too stupid to realize Superman has heat vision?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Gyges posted:

Wait,is Clark Kent wearing a Superman costume for the gently caress of it, or is this just one of those times Lois knew who he was but was also too stupid to realize Superman has heat vision?

Maybe she's being polite. She didn't say she didn't know HOW he was doing it - or that she even cares -, just that he was doing it and she's grateful that it's being done.

You're very negative about this for some reason.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wouldn't that be Lana since she's a redhead? And this is Silver Age Superman, far be it from him to cheat with his superpowers even in costume.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I mean, it's not even cheating though. He's feeding homeless people faster than she's ever seen. It seems like the moral thing would be to kill the poor people speed up your food production as much as possible.

The real superdickery going on is he won't be around to feed them again, and they'll slowly start to Jean ValJean themselves into criminals. The cycle of violence continues. Superman should really just be shipping them all to Lion Island or wherever. Let them carve out a new home.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 18, 2016

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

But his restaurant reviews are loving brutal

Haha, he's such a catty bitch.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mysterious frankie posted:

Haha, he's such a catty bitch.

He really is.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know, if for no other reason, those drat covers are the reason Superman is the best super hero.

Literal decades of him being a piece of poo poo to everyone and everything in the best and worst ways possible including multiple accounts of forced animal husbandry with a human, and he's still the paragon of justice and the most famous super hero of all.

gently caress yeah Superman.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Not really the best place to ask, I'll admit, but how accurate do the stories actually reflect what the covers imply with those Superdickery comics? My gut says they either aren't accurate at all, or they are all just-a-dream or acting-like-a-dick-for-a-good-reason stuff.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah they're the 50s/60s equivalent of clickbait headlines, Superman always had a reason he was doing that stuff. "You just wont believe what Superman makes Jimmy Olsen do this issue! Page 5 made me laugh out loud but page 17 made me gasp!"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Most of the time Superman acts like a dick on the cover is to protect his secret identity. The story inside is usually just as insane as the cover. The story where Jimmy turns into a mermaid comes to mind.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MisterBibs posted:

Not really the best place to ask, I'll admit, but how accurate do the stories actually reflect what the covers imply with those Superdickery comics? My gut says they either aren't accurate at all, or they are all just-a-dream or acting-like-a-dick-for-a-good-reason stuff.

io9 has the story behind a few of them. Generally it's either some kind of mind control, or Supes is faking whatever is happening to trick the baddie.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/dceufacts/status/700703862018027520

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Doctor Spaceman posted:

io9 has the story behind a few of them. Generally it's either some kind of mind control, or Supes is faking whatever is happening to trick the baddie.

That last one is pretty great.

"Hey supes, what's going *BONK*

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

MisterBibs posted:

I have a few of the old Lois Lane comics, and the insides are generally just as batshit insane as the covers. 'I Am Curious (Black!)' for example never once pumps the brakes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

No #Alfred? gently caress off with that bullshit. Worst. Marketing. Ever.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I hope Alfred and Lois meet up in this movie and resolve the whole fight behind the scenes.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Yeah they're the 50s/60s equivalent of clickbait headlines, Superman always had a reason he was doing that stuff. "You just wont believe what Superman makes Jimmy Olsen do this issue! Page 5 made me laugh out loud but page 17 made me gasp!"

Clickbaity comic book covers are an old and noble tradition. My favorite is the one that shows Wolverine despite the fact that he does not actually appear in the story.

You can even notice a little "Wolverine does not appear in this issue" comment in the left corner. Genius!
IIRC, the same thing happened to Batman and some other superpals.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Sir Kodiak posted:

That line is from Man of Steel. Zod doesn't become a zombie until Batman v Superman.

Zod Zombie

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

PiedPiper posted:

Clickbaity comic book covers are an old and noble tradition. My favorite is the one that shows Wolverine despite the fact that he does not actually appear in the story.

You can even notice a little "Wolverine does not appear in this issue" comment in the left corner. Genius!
IIRC, the same thing happened to Batman and some other superpals.

But, like, why wouldn't Wolverine show up? Was he booked solid that month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

porfiria posted:

But, like, why wouldn't Wolverine show up? Was he booked solid that month?

Not even Wolverine can appear in every comic.

• Locked thread