Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

If the rhino he melted a little bit with a hair dryer was about $5, it wouldn't be a bad buy as a piece of terrain. Remove the dudes up top, paint it up to be burnt. But charging as much as a new one? Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

"Models are painted and Feature bases to the highest gaming standard in Excellent condition"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Forgive how horribly these figures are put together. But I'm looking at the old models from Shadows of Brimstone alongside the new ones and goddamn did they get better at this.

The priest appears to have a melting face.

But the sumo at least looks human

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Len posted:

Forgive how horribly these figures are put together. But I'm looking at the old models from Shadows of Brimstone alongside the new ones and goddamn did they get better at this.

The priest appears to have a melting face.

But the sumo at least looks human

Yeah I gathered they are a...mixed bag? Is the actual game good?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ugleb posted:

Yeah I gathered they are a...mixed bag? Is the actual game good?

I like it but at this point they should really just make it a full blown RPG rather than a GMless boardgame.

Or even put out an app that ha does most of the cards for you. That alone would make a difference. We played it yesterday with just the Forbidden Fortress set no expansions and we had:

Forbidden Fortress map deck
Belly of the Beast map deck
Forbidden Fortress encounters
BotB encounters
BotB passage encounters
Darkness
Growing dread
Low threat
Medium threat
High threat
Epic threat
BotB otherworld threat
Scavenge deck
Loot deck
Gear
FF artifacts
BotB artifacts
Hair monster type cards
Living statue type cards

I feel like I'm forgetting decks too.

Theres the double sided map pieces that you have to slowly build the map out with which can lead to a giant table footprint.

But for each set there is a matching map and encounter deck. Possibly cards representing different enemy types (ninja clan, outlaw gang, dragon type).

The enemy stats are all out on oversized cards which are a little smaller than a Nexus 7. Player sheets are likewise on those.

And the company doesn't put out PDFs of the Adventure Books for anything so if you start adding in expansions you will physically have to bring with you all the extra rulebooks to get all the extra rules. There's no comprehensive PDF and nobody of BGG will post their compiled PDF to "respect the Frogs wishes"

It's actively trying to be a weird west/weird east rpg but they want to keep it as a boardgame and I feel like that's going to hurt it. They're running a third Kickstarter right now for Conquistadors and Vikings which is very much my jam but it's also almost 300$ for the all in pledge which I don't have anymore so will be passing on.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Beasts of war!

Yeah, this is going to be BAD.

https://www.beastsofwar.com/raging-heroes/raging-heroes-spider-mother/

Toughest Girls in the Galaxy range stays classy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Grey Hunter posted:

Beasts of war!

I mean she looks like she would be tough at least

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That torso looks more like a ship's figurehead than part of the creature underneath.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

goatface posted:

That torso looks more like a ship's figurehead than part of the creature underneath.

It's the complete lack of (human) arms.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Grey Hunter posted:

Beasts of war!

maybe its good this hobby gives these weirdos something to do besides whatever horrible things they would normally do

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Grey Hunter posted:

Beasts of war!

Subject matter aside some of these look nigh impossible to paint to anyone who is not a competition level painter to begin with.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Z the IVth posted:

Subject matter aside some of these look nigh impossible to paint to anyone who is not a competition level painter to begin with.

I dunno, looks very time consuming and repetitive (8 giant legs!) but I don't see anything there that looks like it would be inherently super difficult. Of course if I'm gonna expend that level of effort I'd rather it be on something tasteful, maybe involving orcs...

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

What part of that is meant to evoke a spider?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I didn't know they made minis for vore fetishists.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Glagha posted:

I didn't know they made minis for vore fetishists.

in a way, all minis are for vore fetishists

brb casting imperial guardsmen in chocolate

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

An edible miniature game? Each dude you lose is one you.get to eat? I'd be down.

It's adjacent to miniature war drinking where you have to drink each time.your guys get rekt

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The miracle of Lust Elf Spider Birth right here.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

To be fair, I like some of the other stuff in this shadowthing box, but these are particularly dumb.

Edit - fixed my dumb link

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 4, 2019

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ugleb posted:

To be fair, I like some of the other stuff in this shadowthing box, but these are particularly dumb.

Yes, those are silly.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Grey Hunter posted:

Hey, file the nipples off and you have a perfectly good model there!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Trying to grab the Dark Souls fans, and the Vore fans in one fell swoop.

Also oh god that poor vore-ee's spine.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Here I fixed it with my 100% professional critique, Raging Heroes you can bill me later.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

The Moon Monster posted:

I dunno, looks very time consuming and repetitive (8 giant legs!) but I don't see anything there that looks like it would be inherently super difficult. Of course if I'm gonna expend that level of effort I'd rather it be on something tasteful, maybe involving orcs...

Having assembled some of their smaller stuff before, I bet you that thing will come in a million little, unpinnable parts with horrendous amounts of flashing.

Figuring out how to assemble it in such a way that lets you paint all of the insane busywork detail is going to be a feat in itself.

That's excluding the mouth elf.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Slimnoid posted:

Here I fixed it with my 100% professional critique, Raging Heroes you can bill me later.

The staircase is an integral part of arachnid anatomy.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

The Moon Monster posted:

The staircase is an integral part of arachnid anatomy.

I thought it was leftover George Foreman grills.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Slimnoid posted:

I thought it was leftover George Foreman grills.

They can be dual purpose.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:nws:

I guess it's a Jackoff Lantern

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ugleb posted:

Edit - fixed my dumb link

I like that they dont have jump packs because ythey can just propel themselves backwards by shooting their really big guns

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Zark the Damned posted:

What’s NWS about... *scrolls down*

Oh. :chanpop:

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Z the IVth posted:

Having assembled some of their smaller stuff before, I bet you that thing will come in a million little, unpinnable parts with horrendous amounts of flashing.

Figuring out how to assemble it in such a way that lets you paint all of the insane busywork detail is going to be a feat in itself.

That's excluding the mouth elf.

Why are you assembling jerkoff girl miniatures

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Hustlin Floh posted:

Why are you assembling jerkoff girl miniatures

I'm sure some of their figures are less-jerk-off-y. I think they're done a range of dragons and other monsters that are pretty good/not fetish nonsense.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Zark the Damned posted:

I can't imagine the willpower it takes to sit down and paint dozens of dongers, perpetually ejaculating.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Zark the Damned posted:

... Kingdom Death 'pin-ups' range I'm guessing?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

goatface posted:

Yes, those are silly.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
No, I thought it was dumb in Rifts too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have they just slapped an autocannon barrel on a heavy bolter?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

To be fair the rifts one looks less goofy. Maybe because the gun is way more practical looking for something that is apparently going to deal with massive recoil and flying in a vaguely controlled direction.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I think it's partly that the Rifts one has its own coherent design aesthetic whereas the Primaris marine looks like random poo poo cobbled together . What is up with the reactor plus tiny anime wings for instance? Classic assault marines dropped the reactor for the jump pack and they look way better.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
If you sawed off the barrels on the space marines, they would look alot better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

I'm the guy whose face is poking out the mouth of the pumpkin full of dicks.