Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
You guys are going to eat your words when Stephen Amell posts a video of Caity Lotz getting served by Katie Cassidy's sick dance moves next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

ded posted:

gently caress the comics and gently caress the actress playing Laurel, Caity Lotz owns and should be the only canary. Let Laurel die and be her motivation to hang out with Ollie.

Laurel should become Black Canary. Here's how(writer's pay attention!!): She gets kidnapped by assassins, we don't see her for five seasons until you is trained in secret ninja arts to my satisfaction. Then she returns to show in season 7 and takes up mantle of Black Canary.

Actress should probably train in parkour and kickass dance moves throughout this period.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Phylodox posted:

You guys are going to eat your words when Stephen Amell posts a video of Caity Lotz getting served by Katie Cassidy's sick dance moves next week.

They will then get all served by Manu Bennett

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bobkatt013 posted:

They will then get all served by Manu Bennett

Yes, but not by dancing. By screaming and punching and leaping through the air in slow-motion.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Phylodox posted:

Yes, but not by dancing. By screaming and punching and leaping through the air in slow-motion.

Or doing the Haka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkrqolXWjQ

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Bennett actually has a background in ballet and dance.

Better recognize.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Manu comes to your BBQ, shirtless. Throws down the Haka in Hebrew... :neckbeard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdsilOdfT9Y

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Laurel's a good character and a bunch of this complaining comes off as kids who make gross-out noises when characters kiss in a movie.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

DeclaredYuppie posted:

Laurel's a good character and a bunch of this complaining comes off as kids who make gross-out noises when characters kiss in a movie.

Not really. She's just a weird, square peg in a round hole. The writers don't seem to have any idea what to do with her until she takes over as Black Canary, so she ends up just wasting time, getting stuck with a lot of melodramatic side-plots that don't really have much to do with anything else, stick out like a sore thumb, and slow down the otherwise breakneck pace of the show.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Phylodox posted:

Not really. She's just a weird, square peg in a round hole. The writers don't seem to have any idea what to do with her until she takes over as Black Canary, so she ends up just wasting time, getting stuck with a lot of melodramatic side-plots that don't really have much to do with anything else, stick out like a sore thumb, and slow down the otherwise breakneck pace of the show.

See, I don't think that's the case. I think everything that's happening to her is taking her to the emotional place she needs to be to do that spoiler and that's absolutely fine.

It's just Caity Lotz is really really REALLY good, man.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
laurel can 'look' like a baddass with the right stunt team.

Lotz 'is' a badass, sans stunt team.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Nah. She was an integral part of the show in season 1 not only to Ollie but also to the Tommy story, and she's moving at the same break-neck pace as everything else in season 2- but everything she's done/been involved with makes sense. I think her tie-in to the trial of Ollie's mom is a little eye-rolly but it's par for the course in just about any melodrama.

People don't like her because she isn't part of the action core of the show, but still features prominently as she grounds Ollie and her father in the real world.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

DeclaredYuppie posted:

Cool poo poo rarely happens when laurel is on scene. Thus is the entire basis for my not liking her.

(it is shallow but justified :colbert:)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Her actions are at least realistic for a child of an alcoholic dealing with a tragedy, children of alcoholics often follow that same method of coping so it's not like this crazy idea that'd she would have trouble coping and bad coping mechanisms.

She's also just now dealing with the personal confrontation with her idealism literally leading to a persons death. I mean it's at least realistic, I mean she went from a defender of the helpless to a Prosecuting attorney. She's just a loving wreck really.

This is her "crucible". So expect to see her go through some more bad poo poo, it's literally like Brother Blood said, some people like to live in it (Sarah imo) and some people overcome it (Laurel).

I'm all for Sarah cause she's loving awesome, but I am pretty sure the way this is going to play out is her dying and Laurel taking the mantel but change it's name from Canary to Mourning Canary or Black Canary. Black is a mourning color. She's no where near the level of ability of Sarah though so it'd be cool as hell if she loving left for a while and got some super ninja training.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Nov 9, 2013

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Error 404 posted:

have Sara become a gender-swapped Deathstroke.

If this happened and she fought China White I'd have a good laugh.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I don't understand why this gif isn't included in every single post on every single page.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
comedy option: Sarah gets massively hurt trying to save Laurel from another assassin squad. In guilt, she allows Sarah, now wheelchair bound, to train her to take up the mantle of Black Canary in the clock tower.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
They've rushed Laurel's motivations and characterization so much this season I feel that if they made her Black Canary it would only be to get her killed. She'd be in the middle of one of her crisis & hesitate.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
How many months stretch between the finale and the start of this season? I think they are counting on us taking that into effect when it comes to the character's changes.

I don't mind Laurel she is a character that lost her purpose and one of her best friends. Her boyfriend that was presumed dead came back after being missing, her ex/best friend died to save her, her parents have been difficult and the things she believed in fell apart. All of that is bound to cause some emotional confusion.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I believe they said it was 6 months between the end of season 1 and the beginning of season 2.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I thought it said he was back on the island for a year?

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
I thought he was gone for 3 months. I'm glad none of us agree.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
At some point in the Mayor episode they said it's one year since Ollie returned.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I would suggest what we are mistakenly confusing is that it's been a year since his initial return at the start of the series but he took a sabbatical post-glades for a shorter period of time, a few months at least [6 at most] following Tommy's funeral. It explains why his 'I went skiing/snowboarding' explanation doesn't really trigger more abandonment issues to Thea, who was riddled with them at the start of the series. If it was anything longer she'd still be giving him epic poo poo and it would be tiresome for the audience.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

I'm pretty sure the show is moving at real time and Ollie was just gone for the gap in real time between S1 and S2 (around 3 months).

IIRC the showrunners said that was their reasoning for why Season 2 didn't pick up immediately after season 1.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

I'm pretty sure the show is moving at real time and Ollie was just gone for the gap in real time between S1 and S2 (around 3 months).

IIRC the showrunners said that was their reasoning for why Season 2 didn't pick up immediately after season 1.

I'm also pretty sure this is correct.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

seravid posted:

Lotz is awesome, Blackthorne is awesome, show is awesome. This line?

Not awesome. That's straight out of a Steven Seagal movie.

They sorta made up for it by lifting the whole "You promised not to kill him!" / "he'll live" exchange from T2.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

He is utterly too cute.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
But what if I'm wandering through the woods instead, without a care in my mind?

What then, Mr. Amell?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I wasn't planning on spending the Holiday break wandering through Canadian forests, but welp.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

How can this guy be so disgustingly perfect? I just don't understand.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Torrannor posted:

How can this guy be so disgustingly perfect? I just don't understand.

We suffered through 10 years of Welling. This is God rewarding us for making it through such pain and sorrow.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

We suffered through 10 years of Welling. This is God rewarding us for making it through such pain and sorrow.

I never watched Smallville past season three or four, but did I miss something where he was a jerk to people in real life?

He seemed like a cool dude from the soundbites back in the day of television award carpet interviews (Rosenbaum 4 lyfe). :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

I never watched Smallville past season three or four, but did I miss something where he was a jerk to people in real life?

He seemed like a cool dude from the soundbites back in the day of television award carpet interviews (Rosenbaum 4 lyfe). :shrug:

There was a goon working on the show at one point that said he was an absolute rear end. And more insidery stuff claimed he hated the role and refused to put on the suit for the finale.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

That must've happened months ago. It was 50F/10C today.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

leidend posted:

That must've happened months ago. It was 50F/10C today.

Do you think cold matters to the abs on Amell? I doubt it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

Do you think cold matters to the abs on Amell? I doubt it.

No, but the little girl's in a summer dress.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

50F is Canadian summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Reading the most recent issue of the comic I found amusing how hard they're working to meld the series universe into the proper DCU. Diggle's pretty much the same guy, We have Moira, the 'arrow-cave'. It can't be too long before we got Felicity in there.

• Locked thread