Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

mindphlux posted:

lol

opinions are certainly divided on the vortex. the place sucks oval office. it's a second class burger joint at best? and the servers treat you like assholes because it's their MO? you can find this restaurant in almost any american city, I certainly would never recommend it for someone visiting Atlanta. it's got 0% of the very small unique interest and draw Atlanta restaurants have.

gunshow is a good bet, but it has been hit or miss for me. check the atlanta thread and post a little summary of her timeframe, budget, mobility, etc, and I'm sure someone will help out.
I told her to go to Gunshow but someone already made reservations for "Tap". It looks like upscale version of a lot of other southern restaurants? Ribs, fried chicken, "vegetable plate".
She'll probably only have time for one decent place so I guess that's it...
She might go over to the cuntsucking rear end in a top hat's skullburger too though. She'll probably like it; she's easy to please.
Thanks guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Very Strange Things posted:

I told her to go to Gunshow but someone already made reservations for "Tap". It looks like upscale version of a lot of other southern restaurants? Ribs, fried chicken, "vegetable plate".
She'll probably only have time for one decent place so I guess that's it...
She might go over to the cuntsucking rear end in a top hat's skullburger too though. She'll probably like it; she's easy to please.
Thanks guys.

Tap is actually pretty good. Mindphlux is an idiot and Vortex is great but if she's not hanging out with friends it could be boring. It's a hangout joint more than anything. 5 Seasons Brewery is really good too.

Edit: The more I think about it, she should totally go to 5 Seasons. Even mp wouldn't argue that.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2192500-restaurants-attempt-to-call-out-lesean-mccoy-for-bad-tip-backfires

internet justice! down with tipping status quo!

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

"Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my experience studying abroad (and eating) in Italy thus far.
I have only been here for a week, and my eating has drastically changed. I went from being home, eating the same three meals every day (and NEVER trying anything that I was offered) to trying just about anything... I still feel a little uncomfortable filling up on an entire meal that I am not familiar with, but I am suddenly willing to try anything. It is so weird. I mean I have spent the past 22 years being too scared/anxious to even try a bite of something I hadn't eaten before, and tonight I went to a traditional Italian cooking class and ate all three courses (a vegetable appetizer, ravioli, and tiramisu). Note that I don't remember trying a vegetable in my entire life besides corn.
If you want to "cure" yourself, I guess living abroad is a good way to do it!! I can still grocery shop for pretty familiar foods (I would freak out if I couldn't even eat safe foods in my own apartment), but I am in a place where I feel safer trying foods. I'm not sure why. Maybe compared to everything else (like being away from my loved ones and not being able to get money out of an ATM yet), trying some new foods seems easy!
Has anyone else had an experience like this? Where your entire environment changes and suddenly your food anxiety isn't so bad? It is the strangest thing-- I honestly never would have expected to eat ALMOST like a normal person. It is very empowering. "

A LIGHT SHINING IN THE DARKNESS

edit: I touched the poop, I had to congratulate that guy.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Someday I hope I eat a vegetable besides corn.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
Never tried a vegetable except corn. What the gently caress.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
We don't even consider corn a vegetable in our house. It's a starch like rice or mashed potatoes :colbert:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fart simpson posted:

Someday I hope I eat a vegetable besides corn.

Update: I just ate a carrot. Is that a vegetable besides corn?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Carrots are clearly sandwiches.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Croatoan posted:

Tap is actually pretty good. Mindphlux is an idiot and Vortex is great but if she's not hanging out with friends it could be boring. It's a hangout joint more than anything. 5 Seasons Brewery is really good too.

Edit: The more I think about it, she should totally go to 5 Seasons. Even mp wouldn't argue that.

:colbert:

I don't know man, it just sounds like you like bar food a whole lot. I just wouldn't recommend a bar food place to an out of towner - there's nothing wrong with a vortex burger or some lovely miniature fried crab claws from 5 seasons - it's just kind of boring greasy ho-hum average USA #1 food that you can find anywhere in america. granted, 5 seasons goes a bit above and beyond...

My thought is mostly just to recommend something unique, regional, and well above average. Atlanta has some cool food stuff going on, and I hate to present the 'best of Atlanta' as some burgers and fries, as that is what the Atlanta fine dining scene has been fighting tooth and nail against (picky buckhead-ite eaters, looking at you) for the last 10-15 years. the tragic irony of - for example - Richard Blais going from a failed molecular gastronomy small plates place (Element) to his current burger venture (Flip) is not at all lost on me.

Tap is kind of boring and not unique, but solid southern food - so I'm sure she'll have a great time. I'll stop having high standards and being a negative nancy now, I promise. :smith:

mindphlux fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Sep 10, 2014

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Carrots are clearly sandwiches.

Carrots are good for nothing but chili.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Carrot chili?

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

fart simpson posted:

Carrot chili?

With every can of beans you get get your hands on

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Do I need to use any meat?

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

nah, TVP tastes just the same and isn't full of hormones and chemicals.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
In going to make a chilli pie with beans and serve it in a wrap.

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

mindphlux posted:

I don't know man, it just sounds like you like bar food a whole lot. I just wouldn't recommend a bar food place to an out of towner - there's nothing wrong with a vortex burger or some lovely miniature fried crab claws from 5 seasons - it's just kind of boring greasy ho-hum average USA #1 food that you can find anywhere in america. granted, 5 seasons goes a bit above and beyond...

My thought is mostly just to recommend something unique, regional, and well above average. Atlanta has some cool food stuff going on, and I hate to present the 'best of Atlanta' as some burgers and fries, as that is what the Atlanta fine dining scene has been fighting tooth and nail against (picky buckhead-ite eaters, looking at you) for the last 10-15 years. the tragic irony of - for example - Richard Blais going from a failed molecular gastronomy small plates place (Element) to his current burger venture (Flip) is not at all lost on me.

Tap is kind of boring and not unique, but solid southern food - so I'm sure she'll have a great time. I'll stop having high standards and being a negative nancy now, I promise. :smith:

She had the Caesar Salad.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Wroughtirony posted:

TVP tastes just the same

Easier said then done. I've been experimenting with a TVP version of my spicy meat pies, and "just the same" is a high bar.

And I like TVP!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Very Strange Things posted:

She had the Caesar Salad.

:negative:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

contrapants posted:

Carrots are good for nothing but chili.

MIREPOIX

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

That's just a meatless, tomatoless, beanless chili.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

I always wanted to yell that word like a cook's version of "Alakazam!"

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

contrapants posted:

That's just a meatless, tomatoless, beanless chili.

Easily a lower-tier sandwich.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

mindphlux posted:

I was thinking about this last night, and I was kicking myself for not recommending Iberian Pig.

e.Especially if she has a per diem.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

The Midniter posted:

Easily a lower-tier sandwich.

I was thinking pizza, but I suppose that's the same thing anyway.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Easier said then done. I've been experimenting with a TVP version of my spicy meat pies, and "just the same" is a high bar.

And I like TVP!

I actually really, really like TVP sloppy joes.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Is anyone else excited for the new reality show On The Menu?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Nope.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Really? I can't wait to see what new dish is selected to be served at the Olive Garden.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Safety Dance posted:

I was thinking about this last night, and I was kicking myself for not recommending Iberian Pig.

e.Especially if she has a per diem.

yes the iberian pig has an excellent caesar salad

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

eatin' migas RIGHT NOW.

y'all are jellis

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Icehewk no touching!

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Doh004 posted:

Icehewk no touching!

It's JC that touched it the worst. :/

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
And honestly, as a super-taster, pepperoni has too much flavor, so what I like to do is to take some hot dogs

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
as a supertaster,

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

quote:

eww... why is there texture?

loving brilliant

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

a ritard posted:

ah heck yes. happy 9/11

tehloki posted:

If you told me yesterday it was possible to look at a pizza and get depressed I would not have believed you

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I think euthanasia is OK sometimes

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Sjurygg posted:

I think euthanasia is OK sometimes

I think murder is OK sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux