Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarence Boddicker
Jul 28, 2008

spankmeister posted:

So was it ever found out where the sample was taken from?
I don't knowsy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ficken von Hicken
Oct 10, 2008

by angerbutt

spankmeister posted:

Nope!

Ficken von Hicken fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 29, 2010

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

I read in the paper this morning that Something Awful forums poster "Ficken von Hicken" has been found dead under mysterious circumstances. How tragic.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

spankmeister posted:

The original samples Darude - Sandstorm, but you're probably talking about one of the 'amazing remixes' so I don't knowsy.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Merijn posted:

The original samples Darude - Sandstorm, but you're probably talking about one of the 'amazing remixes' so I don't knowsy.
I am talking about the pokosy samplesy itself. :)

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Tyshalob posted:

Apparently GBS-FM really hates They Might Be Giants. I think the best way to sell them on the awesomeness of TMBG is to find a 20 minute Merzbow cover.

That is because They Might Be Giants are an awfully excruciatingly terrible band.

That said their dongs have throughout history been highly-rated on GBS-FM (both on the old station and now). I can't fathom why. Since when has it turned to deserved hate?

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe

Kaiho posted:

Since when has it turned to deserved hate?
I guess they didn't stick out when played once in a while, but a few weeks ago two or three users took it upon themselves to add They Might Be Giants all day long.
And about everyone else decided that there was A New Thing To Hate.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
TMBG is the kind of band where a little can go a long way. That said, they aren't just a goofy band. I think a lot of people see them as a bunch of "nerd" music and ignore that a lot of their best songs are really sad when you listen to what they are saying.

Except for Birdhouse in Your Soul. That song is just happiness condensed down to audioform.

Donkey Darko
Aug 13, 2007

I do not lust for blood or death. I prepare for the warrior's call.

Cemetry Gator posted:

TMBG is the kind of band where a little can go a long way. That said, they aren't just a goofy band. I think a lot of people see them as a bunch of "nerd" music and ignore that a lot of their best songs are really sad when you listen to what they are saying.

Except for Birdhouse in Your Soul. That song is just happiness condensed down to audioform.

It's nothing to do with them being "nerd" music, we love nerdy music at GBS.fm, it's to do with them being annoying sub-talent claptrap. Outside of a few examples, the songs are interchangeable with each other.

Maybe if they were ironically bad, I could enjoy them.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

Donkey Darko posted:

It's nothing to do with them being "nerd" music, we love nerdy music at GBS.fm, it's to do with them being annoying sub-talent claptrap.
I excel at providing the station with sub-talent claptrap!

Obviously we just need to take a leaf out of Peachstapler's book and play TMBG non-stop.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

Obviously we just need to take a leaf out of Peachstapler's book and play TMBG non-stop.
That only works with good bands like Journey.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Peachstapler posted:

That only works with good bands like Journey.

Ever notice nobody other than you adds Journey? Maybe there's a reason for that.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

Ever notice nobody other than you adds Journey? Maybe there's a reason for that.
Yeah, you're right, I mean nobod...

OH MY WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Just added some Journey. They are perhaps human history's greatest rock and roll band.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Beelzebozo posted:

Just added some Journey. They are perhaps human history's greatest rock and roll band.

But they're not technical death metal?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Peachstapler posted:

Yeah, you're right, I mean nobod...

OH MY WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

By that standard Count Scratchula is better than Journey. :colbert:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Journey would be so much better with a female lead singer.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

drat, that Count Scratchula is poo poo.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Onkel Hedwig posted:

drat, that Count Scratchula is poo poo.

I know, it is totally the poo poo!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Listening to GBSFM at work over an SSH tunnel to one of our webservers.

The cool crime of misuse of IT-equipment. :c00lbert:

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
GMS-FM introduced me to Melt-Banana and for this I am eternally grateful.

HOGS WORLD
May 13, 2006

The manties compell you.
I remember the first time GBS-FM showed up (Back in my lurker days of my first and lost username). I loved it so much that I poured my entire hard drive's worth of music onto it. Now I have a whole new hard drive with all new music.

Thanks for awakening the sleeping giant once more, man!

Fistgrrl
Dec 30, 2000

Queen of Cuddlenaps
Whoever banned Joan Jett Butterball Hotline hurt my feelings!

An exception should have been made. :(

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I can't for the life of me remember or find a song that I've heard a few times here. Something about "I went to the moon, no need to be rude" and "Tell us you oval office!". I've tried searching and googling those phrases but can't find poo poo. Anyone?

Fistgrrl
Dec 30, 2000

Queen of Cuddlenaps

I Might Be Adam posted:

I can't for the life of me remember or find a song that I've heard a few times here. Something about "I went to the moon, no need to be rude" and "Tell us you oval office!". I've tried searching and googling those phrases but can't find poo poo. Anyone?

Dancing with Mr. T by Giovanni and Sebastian.

You can download it here: http://www.giovanniandsebastian.blogspot.com/

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

You loving Dwarf! :argh:

Also,

Fistgrrl posted:

Whoever banned Joan Jett Butterball Hotline hurt my feelings!

An exception should have been made. :(

You have been compensated for your pain and suffering.

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 30, 2010

Fistgrrl
Dec 30, 2000

Queen of Cuddlenaps

Doctor Zero posted:

You have been compensated for your pain and suffering.

Thanks so much, hopefully I will get over this travesty some day.

Or I'll just get some protools and make it music.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

HOGS WORLD posted:

I remember the first time GBS-FM showed up (Back in my lurker days of my first and lost username). I loved it so much that I poured my entire hard drive's worth of music onto it. Now I have a whole new hard drive with all new music.

Thanks for awakening the sleeping giant once more, man!

And you've uploaded at least one dupe so far! Search before uploading, or you'll invoke the wrath of mod!

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

And you've uploaded at least one dupe so far! Search before uploading, or you'll invoke the wrath of mod!

This bears repeating.

I Might Be Adam posted:

"Tell us you oval office!"

From this description alone I knew it was Giovanni and Sebastian :love:

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Kaiho posted:

This bears repeating.
Like Yogi with a stutter

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
I really liked when people would queue songs with a common word. I would think - man, they came up with 12 songs in a row with a word 'mind' in them, I can't think of more than a few.

Today it downed on me that you don't have to come up with anything, you can simply type 'mind' in the search box and join the game. :effort:

So, please disable the search function.

Elftor
Jan 10, 2003
Look at these pedos, out and proud, practicing their lifestyle in the safe-haven gbs.fm provides them. Maybe some day the rest of the world will be so tolerant of these brave diddlers and their misunderstood love for little children.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Doctor Malaver posted:

I really liked when people would queue songs with a common word. I would think - man, they came up with 12 songs in a row with a word 'mind' in them, I can't think of more than a few.

Today it downed on me that you don't have to come up with anything, you can simply type 'mind' in the search box and join the game. :effort:

So, please disable the search function.

That's cheating, who does that! It's no fun if you don't know the song.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
What in the gently caress is the lolishit?!

Elftor
Jan 10, 2003

Rooney McNibnug posted:

What in the gently caress is the lolishit?!

It's pedophile music. But don't play any Journey, or people will get really upset.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Elftor posted:

It's pedophile music. But don't play any Journey, or people will get really upset.
Does it make you want to touch little girls? I think something's wrong with you if that's the case.

But then that rock and roll is Satan's music, and has subliminable messages!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Does it make you want to touch little girls? I think something's wrong with you if that's the case.

But then that rock and roll is Satan's music, and has subliminable messages!
I don't know about you, but I do everything a song tells me to do, now excuse me while I go listen to "Suicide Solution", thank you very much.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Talas posted:

I don't know about you, but I do everything a song tells me to do, now excuse me while I go listen to "Suicide Solution", thank you very much.
Time to queue up "Fuckin' an Animal" methinks...

HOGS WORLD
May 13, 2006

The manties compell you.

Honest mistake by clicking the wrong dong on my hard drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Now that we're into December, I'm going to be making sure we have all the UK Christmas number one singles on the playlist.

• Locked thread