Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

actually I'm thinking Asiina could be one of those good options. I agreed with her opinion on Kash doing rolefishing yesterday when that seemed like the best lead on D1. But by now she seems to be focused way too exclusively on things being obvious "anti-town behavior" instead of having to fake more complex cases.

Her focusing on your and your alt accounts reminds me of me when I was faking getting all mad on her behalf in my FF4 scum game too. Trying to generate emotional content to read as genuine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

(mafia edit: I realise that regardless of Asiina's alignment, the annoyance is genuine. but that's part of what makes it such great potential scum content!)

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
I tend to think if Asii was scum she would not care and my posts would be justification for her not caring

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I tend to think if Asii was scum she would not care and my posts would be justification for her not caring

hm, I don't know, it's really the best thing twigging me right now that isn't KB, and I'm worried that's just me projecting on him cause I miss Beet or something

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

hm, I don't know, it's really the best thing twigging me right now that isn't KB, and I'm worried that's just me projecting on him cause I miss Beet or something

how do you feel anout the votes on YT?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

how do you feel anout the votes on YT?

gutfeel left over from today is it could be too easy of a push, but YT was bugging me a lot too so not sure we can do much scumhunting there.

but I haven't got that far mate, just finished the D1 review

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok gotta spend time with the family now, will continue at bedtime

already a lot to look at, role madness is so fun and my sheet is so pretty with the element crystal colour codes

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Im scared to vote asiina because she might reach through the screen and punch me

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

Im scared to vote asiina because she might reach through the screen and punch me

I would vote Asiina if it meamt she punched you

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

Haha

she also counts as a "should get some extra time" player though. Now that I'm rereading through D2 I think YT actually is a good lunch, easy push be damned. Little Mac's frustration and job story sound pretty legit, and YT sounds really bullshit for targeting him.

##vote YT

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Alright. I've made up my mind. YT vigged Mac without remorse. His reasoning is that it was so that it could help him confirm thoughts about the game.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Like seriously, I just want you to die because of how goddamn angry you get over Mafia.

But to be clear.

I think D1 vigs are pointless because the pushes are rarely meaningful and the flips rarely say anything.

I think my own kills have a point because they allow me to confirm thoughts that I personally have.

They're different things.

IMO, that isn't town behaviour. I'd be happy to vote for him. If we didn't, it's likely that he's going to be a detriment to town in the long run.

##vote Yorkshire Tea

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Haha

she also counts as a "should get some extra time" player though. Now that I'm rereading through D2 I think YT actually is a good lunch, easy push be damned. Little Mac's frustration and job story sound pretty legit, and YT sounds really bullshit for targeting him.

##vote YT

I'm going to laugh so so hard when I flip town.

Look, if I were to make a single case about why I'm town it would be this:

The only time I've ever played an anti town role was flavourful with Glowku. If you read the logs for that I ran basically every single decision I made past him.

Do you honestly think that a scum team would let me murder someone when it was likely to get me lynched, or do you think it's because I've got a throwaway town role and felt like annoying someone?

Like seriously, it's a single death in a game where there are by my count 112 lives available.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Look, if I were to make a single case about why I'm town it would be this:

The only time I've ever played an anti town role was flavourful with Glowku. If you read the logs for that I ran basically every single decision I made past him.

Do you honestly think that a scum team would let me murder someone when it was likely to get me lynched, or do you think it's because I've got a throwaway town role and felt like annoying someone?

Like seriously, it's a single death in a game where there are by my count 112 lives available.

you seem to be overcomplicating things.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

you seem to be overcomplicating things.

I am?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Why don't our many killing roles murder the lurkers for us :killing:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Kashuno posted:

Why don't our many killing roles murder the lurkers for us :killing:

Honestly, this is what I should have done.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Nothing has happened to me, thanks RNG

but did you DO anything last night? I am very interested for my spreadsheet for Reasons

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like everyone should be forthright about their job info because scum probably has the advantage of knowing what all their teammates available jobs do

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I want to point out this post from Flam

Flamander posted:

Alright. I've made up my mind. YT vigged Mac without remorse. His reasoning is that it was so that it could help him confirm thoughts about the game.

IMO, that isn't town behaviour. I'd be happy to vote for him. If we didn't, it's likely that he's going to be a detriment to town in the long run.

Pointing out that one, specific thing that happened today as anti-town behaviour as justification for voting the vote leader, when we have pages and pages of people talking about anti-town actions (and performing anti-town actions!). Hell, it was only a page or two later that Lumpen does the exact same thing for even worse reason. (Yes, I'm aware we have a cop result on Lumpen. That was a for example.) This reads like scum trying to justify their bandwagon vote.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Kashuno posted:

I feel like everyone should be forthright about their job info because scum probably has the advantage of knowing what all their teammates available jobs do

untagnle your rolefishing lines mate

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Mithross posted:

Pointing out that one, specific thing that happened today as anti-town behaviour as justification for voting the vote leader, when we have pages and pages of people talking about anti-town actions (and performing anti-town actions!). Hell, it was only a page or two later that Lumpen does the exact same thing for even worse reason. (Yes, I'm aware we have a cop result on Lumpen. That was a for example.) This reads like scum trying to justify their bandwagon vote.

:agreed:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

yeah it seems a bit much. I still really don't like YT's reasoning either though, maybe Flam could be trying to get in on the bus now that it's starting to look like YT's the probable lynch today.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Has anyone ever said this and then flipped Town?

Has anyone actually ever flipped Town and then "laughed so hard"?

##Vote Yorkshire Tea

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

untagnle your rolefishing lines mate

I've been pretty straightforward with rolefishing this game.

I'm rolefishing

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

##Vote Yorkshire Tea

It me

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Lumpen posted:

##Vote Yorkshire Tea

I think I did idk I was probably drunk

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Lumpen posted:

##Vote Yorkshire Tea

Yes? Like that time I got lynched D1 as a Doctor. I laughed pretty hard.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I usually laugh when I flip town because it means I don't have to play a dumb game with bad people anymore

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

YT, who's scum so we can avenge you when you flip town?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Poque posted:

I usually laugh when I flip town because it means I don't have to play a dumb game with bad people anymore

turn
yuor
monitor
on

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

YT, who's scum so we can avenge you when you flip town?

Jam, Raeg, Flam.

Jam because of how much shade was thrown on Kash for using an ability that's net almost completely neutral in the game. Honest to god that's muddied so much poo poo up that I find it hard not to believe it's a scumplay. Like why would you spend pages and pages screaming about that when your vote isn't even on the guy you're upset with?

Raeg because of this:

Raeg posted:

Mafia edit

##Beserk: tpink

##vote: Yorkshire Tea

There was basically no justification behind the vote on me, and the serk on tpink was obviously designed around allaying any suspicion despite the fact that it does nothing useful.

Flam because of what's just happened.

I'd say Lmac as well, but he's dead tonight so it's a bit pointless.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
There's probably other scum in the lurkers somewhere and Quid's case on tpink was completely bizarre.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
"What is this 'laugh so hard' nonsense? Nobody laughs, not really," I muse, casting my vote on the bandwagon, feeling nothing but a bland mixture of apathy and ennui.

When Yorkshire Tea flips Town, I'm going to continue staring blankly at my monitor. I'll reach over and take a drink of water. "Ah," I will say internally. I will send a PM for my night action, with little to no deliberation. "Mmm hmm," I will think, as I close the browser tab for 24 hours.

"Daddy! Food please!" I will hear a small voice calling from behind the door down the hall.

"Time for some Dota," I will silently say, as I put on and adjust the headphones.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I see YT, particularly w/r/t the flips of opinion that Asiina caught earlier.

I don't see KB at all.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Mithross posted:

I haven't seen a better case for someone to lynch yet. Keane and Bowmore's votes are based off of them not posting enough (ignoring in favor of the other cases), and I've already explained my thoughts behind voting Kash. The only other one I could reason putting my vote behind is Tpink, because at least we know he's 3P, and we wouldn't necessarily be wasting a vote by lynching him.

I realistically can't trust anyone by their alignment. This is because everyone has jobs, as shown by the OP. Everyone had the opportunity to reroll or pay :10bux: to pick a job of their choice. Scum could have bards, for example. We can't discount that town could have necromancers, either. Working off of this assumption, I can only judge people by their posts and flips. YT has vigged Mac's job out of nowhere. In my opinion, that is scummy behaviour.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

CCKeane posted:

I see YT, particularly w/r/t the flips of opinion that Asiina caught earlier.

I don't see KB at all.

Mind telling me where my opinion changed? Because honest to god I don't know any more.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

my friends and colleagues in the pms are begging me to kill YT to balance out my shitpostings. but im not voting YT . i will not do it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
How many people are using the HAWKE account this game?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

my friends and colleagues in the pms are begging me to kill YT to balance out my shitpostings. but im not voting YT . i will not do it

You are a good person Hawke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Mind telling me where my opinion changed? Because honest to god I don't know any more.

Approach toward executions.

• Locked thread