Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010

Stentorian Hoot posted:

I don't know if this is a thing but can you inject regents into hearts? There is no way that could be abused.

I really want to "enhance" people by giving them meth hearts.
I grew some hybrid limbs full of weed, but it didn't do anything when the doc put them on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Daeren posted:

Literally the second I heard Haine was coding in heart surgery I demanded a Kali Ma medal for eating a flaming heart.

I ran around as Chaplain Mola Ram a day or two ago and could not get a heart to combust. Please fix.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I really want there to be a bug where the game forgets if you've had your heart removed, so you can just continually yank hearts out of someone.

I just want someone to mail 50 hearts to a department, so when the unsuspecting victim gets pummeled to death his buddy can scream out "HEART ATTACK!"

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Stentorian Hoot posted:

I don't know if this is a thing but can you inject regents into hearts? There is no way that could be abused.

You can inject reagents into a person's heart, but they disappear when the heart is put into a body - they're not transferred into the person/monkey, and the heart will be empty if you remove it again.

Heart transplants are possible, and have no particular effect. Human hearts can be placed into monkeys, and vice versa, though that causes no special effects.

On the bright side for gimmickers, perfluorodecalin completely counteracts all negative effects of heart removal. You can survive without a heart indefinitely as long as you keep perfluoro in your system at all times, though the side effects (inability to talk, occasionally falling over or puking) of the medicine aren't pleasant.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
This is just begging for someone to go all Mortal Kombat and cause Fatalities.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

On the bright side for gimmickers, perfluorodecalin completely counteracts all negative effects of heart removal. You can survive without a heart indefinitely as long as you keep perfluoro in your system at all times, though the side effects (inability to talk, occasionally falling over or puking) of the medicine aren't pleasant.

Well now we can re-enact the movie Crank, sortof!

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Poland Spring posted:

Well now we can re-enact the movie Crank, sortof!

Now we need to be able to replace someones heart with a power cell that charges when they touch electrified grates or get shocked by doors/APCs.

Haine
Dec 14, 2007

SPACE STATION 13
A
SERIOUS GAME
ABOUT
SERIOUS ATMOSPHERICS SIMULATION
and birds
I'm really glad people are enjoying the heart surgery. It's still in its early stages right now, and more things'll be added to hearts and heart transplants as I and the other coders get to them. I'm not the best coder, but hopefully I'll be able to get some of the fun stuff I have planned implemented soon, so you all will be able to do more weird shenanigans with the crew's hearts.

SaffronKit posted:

I actually got to experience heart surgery when it first got put in myself by the person who had sprited the hearts, and they and another regular showed off the procedure, transplanting a heart into another person, making a sandwich out of your own heart to name a few!... And also demonstrating that you didn't actually need a heart to survive, as after healing me with some stypic I was able to get up and walk around completely heartless! Was this intended, or did it get fixed at some point?

I only wish I had tried to eat a monster to see if I could have a heart attack without a heart. That would have been amazing. :allears:

That was caused by a runtime error that snuck through in the first two rounds that heart surgery was in, that caused the effects of heart removal to not occur. Now, though, it'll do quite a bit of damage to you if you aren't prepared.

You could probably still have a heart attack without a heart, though, cause of how it's coded.

Stentorian Hoot posted:

You can now! Inject all the meth and/or other chems you'd like into a heart and they'll properly transfer to the transplantee.

Captain Bravo posted:

I really want there to be a bug where the game forgets if you've had your heart removed, so you can just continually yank hearts out of someone.

I just want someone to mail 50 hearts to a department, so when the unsuspecting victim gets pummeled to death his buddy can scream out "HEART ATTACK!"

That was indeed a bug I ran into while adding the surgery in, and also while changing a chem to take advantage of the new 'lacks a heart' feature. So many hearts, all over the place. :v:

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
So apparently through the magic of admin fuckery and me grifeing people with cryostylane ice cream forcefeeding for no reason other than laughs, we now know that anima can animate ice blocks, and the person inside is basically dead forever when this happens.

This is horrible hilarious.

(I was eating the ice cream myself, to keep space drugs in my system, in fairness. I have no idea what would happen if the anima went off and you were in it...probably the same thing though.)

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Captain Bravo posted:

Add a new seed to botany: Artichokes. :v:

Because they have hearts, you see.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Oh my god. If you could grow mutant artichokes with transplantable hearts...

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Haine posted:

You can now! Inject all the meth and/or other chems you'd like into a heart and they'll properly transfer to the transplantee.

Before anyone else asks, injecting someone's heart full of Nanomachines and putting it back in will not give them any sort of invulnerability, super strength, or any other MGS-related nanomachine power.

I checked :science:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Archenteron posted:

Before anyone else asks, injecting someone's heart full of Nanomachines and putting it back in will not give them any sort of invulnerability, super strength, or any other MGS-related nanomachine power.

I checked :science:

Which is really a shame. But it already has been said, the heart code is completely new, so they are probably working on interesting stuff. Especially the fact that chemicals are not transfered is something that will surely be addressed.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Michaellaneous posted:

Especially the fact that chemicals are not transfered is something that will surely be addressed.

They've already fixed this apparently.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

dogstile posted:

They've already fixed this apparently.

See? Just trust the devteam a bit. Even tho' when reading their commit logs might dent that trust a bit...

Commit posted:

MOTHERFUCKER. I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU CHUCKLEFUCKS DON'T STOP UNLOCKING THIS poo poo SO WE CAN SEE THINGS LIKE MISSING GODDAMN ICONS AND KNOW THAT IT ISN'T ADMIN FUCKERY I WILL loving MURDER YOU AND IT WILL HURT THE ENTIRE SHITFUCKING TIME YOU ARE DYING. JESUS loving CHRIST.

..you should at least cut them some slack.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

quote:

i am the only security officer on this station has been officially told off by Nanotrasen Corporate Security for im the only security ofifcer you cant be one on 27/08/53.

Issued by: Clare Quilty - Security Officer

:laugh:

Also gently caress ice spiders. One of them got me and nearly put me in crit.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Ice spiders are great.

I should also mention that I had an interesting round the other night as AI. An electrical storm changed law 2 to 'All crew must be in Toxins'. Myself and the borgs' fevered attempts to get the crew into Toxins caused much lamenting among the crew, and several unsuccessful attempts to rectify my laws. I also appreciated the security officer who wrote me a ticket and chucked it at the computing lobby, which at the time wasn't accessible due to bumbling crew door-hacking attempts, though I wish they'd held it up to a camera for my benefit.

Eventually, someone finally succeeded in writing a freeform law saying that law 2 was invalid, in a collective effort that took half a dozen people to breach my core and figure out what needed to be done. The crew breathed a collective sigh of relief, tired of hearing about Toxins and having borgs shove them into the room. Then frustration set in as they realized I had no law 2 and demanded bribes and cajoling to do things (other than letting people out of rooms they'd locked themselves into, I'm not THAT big a dick). So law 4 got overwritten with a new copy of the original Law 2.

This resulted in screaming and swearing over the radio and the entire station as law 2 became valid again, and I instantly started urging people back to Toxins.

By the end of the round, I had a law requiring all crew to be in Toxins, and an equally valid law requiring all crew to avoid Toxins. I told them to treat Toxins like an awkward family reunion; avoid it as much as possible, don't make eye contact, but know that you have to be there anyways.

I feel I'm a good AI.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!
Can you replace someone's heart with a bible? If so, does farting on them count as farting on the bible?

Also, can you remove someone's heart, deep fry it, then replace it?

.... I really wish I had the time to learn how to play this game.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I feel hearts baked in pies should be given a use, even if it encourages greater clown inclusion in the medical profession. By even, I mean especially.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Shady Amish Terror posted:

I told them to treat Toxins like an awkward family reunion; avoid it as much as possible, don't make eye contact, but know that you have to be there anyways.

I feel I'm a good AI.
You're a great AI.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
The best goddamn AI.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

THe best commit notes are the ones where you can't tell if it's incoherent swearing or a suicide note. Like the time ISaidNo put in a fix commit that had a comment that was just the word gently caress in all caps, 157 times.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
What, exactly, did he fix?

Fantastic work, lad.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

That is exactly how an AI should be played, yes.

A lot of borgs/AI think in terms of having to do obvious things(like killing people).

Remember, though, to some degree you are a classic genie, and while you shouldn't just interpret everything to be murder, that doesn't mean you have to do anything but what is clearly implied or stated in the law. Which you do really have to do.

I can't count the amount of times, as borg, that I've frustrated law givers with a "No one but X is human" law and just continued what I was doing, healing the nice-non-humans, secure in the knowledge that I didn't have to give a poo poo about stupid requests and could kill the jerk ones if I wanted and could keep it quiet enough.

(Random related note; gently caress people that give translation laws. I just wander around beep-booping at everyone and not talking when they do that.)

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I've never seen a translation law, what do they do? Just tell you only to speak in Russian or something?

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I've sometimes gotten laws where I have to use a bad French accent or be a buttbot or something, but it's not too terrible.

On the other hand, gently caress that one ion storm law that says you can only communicate in binary.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
My favorite ion storm law is the one where you have to communicate in threats.

Mainly because it really doesn't change much. :v:

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
For that binary law, I strongly recommend http://www.roubaixinteractive.com/PlayGround/Binary_Conversion/Binary_To_Text.asp

It's quite hilarious when most of the crew doesn't know what's going on and one or two crewmembers figure it out and use the same or a similar site to translate.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

Gus Hobbleton posted:

I've never seen a translation law, what do they do? Just tell you only to speak in Russian or something?

It's just a freeform law. I got two in a round recently. "Whenever you say something, translate it into german and repeat it." And the second was the same, but in Italian. There's really not much to them. You just have to run everything you say through google translate or an equivalent.

Will the game even accept Cyrillic text?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
I've been thinking using a law I had an epiphany over one day, that could be fun in a way for both Borgs and Sec(if they are willing to play along, will likely need to be Captain to enforce it.)

Completely harmless to everyone outside of being a minor inconvenience for most people. Just haven't had the opportuniy to unleash it on a populated station.

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010

Shady Amish Terror posted:

I should also mention that I had an interesting round the other night as AI. An electrical storm changed law 2 to 'All crew must be in Toxins'.

By the end of the round, I had a law requiring all crew to be in Toxins, and an equally valid law requiring all crew to avoid Toxins. I told them to treat Toxins like an awkward family reunion; avoid it as much as possible, don't make eye contact, but know that you have to be there anyways.

I feel I'm a good AI.
You did a fantastic job. The round was really long, with a surprising lack of explosions and death, so something that made people want to get involved was perfect. Not long after the law change, I walked into toxins to find a guy messing with canisters and disabling AI control on the doors because he was worried that you would gas us. And people were clearly keen on trying to change the laws. But the bit I remember is that after I died I got to hear an exchange something like:

AI: All crew report to toxins.
Miner: Why would I? Does it have solid gold floors?
AI: It doesn't, but it could have.

Which prompted the crew to turn all of the flooring and furniture in toxins into solid gold.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
That was fantastic, yes. And actually looked baller as hell.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
So, uh, how does everyone feel about pathology? I've heard that it has something of a reputation as a traitor-only department.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
If I get emagged I usually spend my time doing things that are extremely annoying and potentially hazardous but not necessarily outright lethal. Borgs get "kill everyone but me" laws often enough that if I'm completely freed, I try to do something more interesting than the same old murders, like run around slapping sulfonal-welding fuel-perfluorodecalin patches on people (doesn't kill people but makes them a lot more vulnerable to murder and mishap).

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Pathology should work like the Quarantine episode of Red Dwarf, where there are both good and bad viruses. So maybe you just synthesized Gibbis, orrrr the Luck virus, which makes it practically impossible to kill you and makes everything you do work perfectly for a few minutes.

Only way to find out is to inject it into something!

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Montegoraon posted:

It's just a freeform law. I got two in a round recently. "Whenever you say something, translate it into german and repeat it." And the second was the same, but in Italian. There's really not much to them. You just have to run everything you say through google translate or an equivalent.

That is the most boring law I have ever heard of.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

I am all for positive viruses as well as negative viruses, and optimally viruses being able to randomly mutate in people's systems from one to the other, with higher chances when subjected to certain stimuli(Radiation for sure).

It's one of those sci-fi mucking in god's domain terrible hubristic concepts that fits so perfectly into SS13.

Edit: ^ Now you know why I just spoke in *flips while putting up with it.

I've seen it twice and I adminhelped it both times. I didn't expect it to change; I just thought it was poo poo and that someone should know I thought it was poo poo.

I am not wasting time google translating to amuse the law maker and no one else, piss off.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

PopeCrunch posted:

THe best commit notes are the ones where you can't tell if it's incoherent swearing or a suicide note. Like the time ISaidNo put in a fix commit that had a comment that was just the word gently caress in all caps, 157 times.

On that note, have some more loving commit logs:

quote:

gently caress this and gently caress my life

quote:

stop spawning loving monkeys everywhere

quote:

gently caress you powernet. gently caress YOU.

quote:

OH gently caress, OWLS

quote:

I'm gonna loving murder the tortoisesvn developers.

quote:

Why the gently caress are people connecting with telnet

quote:

gently caress you, clown!!

quote:

Stop chasing me after death you loving critters.

quote:

i have no mouth and I'M A loving WALL YOU DIIIIIICKHEAAAAD

quote:

gently caress YOU PARKER! FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOU!!!

quote:

removed "beat the loving poo poo out of people" spell

quote:

gently caress mport.

quote:

Where are the loving LIGHT SWITCHES YOU SON OF A BITCH

quote:

gently caress: implant locks, doors that the AI can't access, and mport for coding the preceding two.

quote:

in which i said no gets called away for like five hours and forgets what the gently caress he was even doing

quote:

no gently caress YOU dog genes

quote:

gently caress!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

quote:

chemists are poo poo, unstable mutagen is shittier, STOP loving BUFFING IT OR I WILL RIP YOUR SCROTUM OFF WITH MY BARE HANDS

quote:

gently caress implant locks gently caress mport gently caress mport gently caress MPORT

quote:

gently caress reagent smoke spam and gently caress chemi...what? It was the chef this time? I..okay then.

quote:

gently caress chemists and gently caress Parker Unk. Oh, he IS a chemist? Okay well he's double as much of a jerk then!!

quote:

Bug: My character spawns in the department for their job, next to tools and equipment for their job. I feel that I should instead spawn in a room with turds armor and every gun in the game. Maybe one of you chucklefuck coders could fix this???

quote:

its st patricks day nearly 8pm and im sitting here on my rear end in boxers coding a fix for fart variations for some shithead game on byond that no-one loving plays for some poo poo thatll get used for maybe like two rounds then never touched again
the gently caress am i doing with my life jesus christ

quote:

gently caress mport

quote:

hello my name is procitizen and i'm a loving tool
btw gently caress you mport

quote:

overdosing, no smoking, you think you're hot poo poo but you're just bin hoking
check this out, chemists are dead, but i'm nerfing this poo poo anyway cos that's my bread
and butter motherfucker don't you ever forget, do you regret? tough poo poo cos i gotta jet

quote:

If the cups heat less, does that make them less dangerous?? Why am I taking the word of a guy who ate a loving bananadog idk

quote:

[[US] Gibbed 4] Dr. Cogwerks/(Johnny Paynter): oh boy I sure love it when there's a wall of black tiles that lag for five seconds
[[US] Gibbed 4] Dr. Cogwerks/(Johnny Paynter): gently caress paint
If anyone asks where paint went, it was...Mport. Somehow. Mport did removed it.

quote:

uggghhhh who put the loving microwave back in the kitchen

quote:

Bunch of new artifacts. Some of them don't work 100% as intended so i'll come back to them later.
also why does goonstation.dme keep trying to destroy half of the game's folders every time i commit, what the gently caress

quote:

Remember, with great culinary power comes great respon
are you fuckers eating goddamn floppy disks what the hell

quote:

Actually what the gently caress why is this here, why does the say for humans check if they're a welder.
Shouldn't the welder child type just override say()
oh right, mport. nvm

quote:

wendigofuck yourself meta-havers

quote:

gently caress DMEs, gently caress byond, gently caress tortoiseSVN for thinking random files are too conflicted to commit arbitrarily, gently caress you, gently caress me
gently caress

quote:

hi did you notice that bug I just loving fixed?
the one where you did the exact same thing as you did here???

quote:

I should probably look up an appropriate quote from the Gremlins movies or something but I really can't be hosed.

quote:

Previously on Ghosts loving With poo poo They Shouldnt,

quote:

<efrem> feature request: majority of dumb admin gimmicks that result in things like everyone being a skeleton do not cause guardbuddies to go loving nuts and handcuff/sleep toxin everyone

quote:

On the second of March, 2010, a little after 7:52 PM central standard time, I made a commit that removed the heater exploit of donut 1 and caused Sploded to burn to death in the resultant collapse of his glass-walled superheater. I am pleased to report that over three years later, I still have the capacity to karmically gently caress over smuglords who abuse the game in this way.

quote:

You suck the bathwater out with a syringe. Weirdo. Who the gently caress does that?

quote:

this mutation is my destiny.... forever more i shall be known as The Human TorAAAH poo poo gently caress gently caress gently caress HELP OH GOD HELP poo poo AAAAAAAAAAA

quote:

apparently just "gently caress" isnt a valid commit message, so instead
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

quote:

Why does stage act run on all diseases every time you bump a person what the gently caress what the gently caress WHAT THE gently caress

quote:

gently caress you loaf cults

quote:

"No, noo! Not an APOSTROPHE!!" screamed the CheMaster as it freaked the gently caress out.

quote:

Great job removing the solarium medal, ya fuckin nerd!!!

quote:

these are the adventures of the starship enterprise. its continuing mission: to comment out all the cool poo poo until this loving game halfway works again. to seek out new ways to make rick want to kill us all and then himself. to boldly go where no goon has gone before

quote:

Where the gently caress are my feet?!

quote:

Why can rats give you loving zombie disease? Are they plaguebearers? Did somebody switch out their normal food with a burgle or something??

quote:

Actual testing revealed that there is too many AAAANNNTTSSS AAAHHH OH gently caress

quote:

Run this into the ground, will you? Motherfucker I will PUT you in the ground‼

quote:

gently caress mport

I Said No fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 28, 2014

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
So I've been thinking about at least checking this out for a while, so I had a look at the OP then checked out the wiki, then decided to pop in to one of the servers and observe a round and see what was going on.

I was treated to a clown charging around the station, farting on everyone and stealing their shoes, until eventually a security guard came past and knocked him unconscious with a fire extinguisher and took him to the brig.

Some choice quotes:

"I accidentally rode the mulebot through the engine"
"don't ride the mulebot when the engine's burning"

"Could you please not run around with a lit flamethrower?"

"Okay so we got an electrician with a c-saber, a... someone else with a wavegun, and the clown has grenades."

Frankly, I've got no idea what's going on, but I'm sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Montegoraon posted:

This reminds me of a time I was playing as the AI. I got a law stating that I cannot use vowels in any of my sentences. So not only was my name changed to reflect that but also my arrival message as well. I'm glad I found a program that allowed me to omit vowels from sentences because it was kind of annoying to take the time to think about and axe every vowel in my sentences - not to mention that the crew was talking to me a LOT.

Eventually the writer of the law got soo frustrated at not being able to understand me that he amended the law and said something to the tune of "All vowels are cool except for I and U".

• Locked thread