Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best hot souce?
Frank's Red Hot Sauce
Tobasco Sauce
View Results

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

I judge people who judge people

:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Good poo poo right here, the green is also good.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Chris Christie posted:

Texas Pete (I'm white trash).

It's not really hot but it taste's better than Franks or Tabasco.

I can never decide if Texas Pete is actually good or if I just learned to like it because its the official hot sauce of Navy dining halls, and the flavor of cheap hot sauce is better than no flavor. Those days are behind me though and now Cholula is my go-to at home, El Yuca at Mexican restaurants. The spicy ketchup owns on fried potatoes though.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

Good poo poo right here, the green is also good.

I like the green better but they are both top notch

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!
I have a hot sauce that is literally pureed bhut jolokia (ghost chili to you pledges) and vinegar to help it pour out.

Anything else and you may as well be seasoning with your mother's milk.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Francis Baconator posted:

I have a hot sauce that is literally pureed bhut jolokia (ghost chili to you pledges) and vinegar to help it pour out.

Anything else and you may as well be seasoning with your mother's milk.

Maybe you should up your god drat game to pureed Carolina Reaper you loving wimpering sissy.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Twigman posted:

Between the two, Frank's.

Cholula is better than both.

True facts

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Tobasco is ruined vinegar.

Edit: The best are Cholula or Sri Racha depending on how hot you want it. Although I find Frank's bizarrely suited to pizza and cajun food.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

owl milk posted:

crystal is better and more authentic than louisiana

I really like Louisiana hot sauce, so I'm going to try Crystal next time.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Bechamel Sauce.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Aesop Poprock posted:

out of the two franks is better but neither are particularly good

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

serious norman posted:

Bechamel Sauce.

Agreed, this stuff is way better when it's hot.

Klimpy Borf
Oct 22, 2010

Apparition posted:

op is gay its pepper plant

This motherfucker right here knows

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
sorry... why are we not talking about tapatio?

Klimpy Borf
Oct 22, 2010
Come on people you need to tailor your hot sauce for your meal.

Gumbos and jambalaya needs a vinegary sauce like Louisiana hot sauce, crystal, or franks in a pinch.

Fatty greasy breakfast means pepper plant (if potatoes, eggs, biscuits and gravy, etc.)

Chili means super hot sauces in small quantities (if you're sane and not one of those dicks that brags about how many cocks their rear end can take without hurting)

Tobasco belongs in the trash gently caress you if you like it, even the faggy green one

edit: forgot tapatio, good for mexican, good for eggs, good for food. eat tapatio

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Sriracha and the smoked chipotle tabasco are pretty drat good, they could both be a little spicier IMO but that would probably hurt sales.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

logical phalluses posted:

People are easily fooled and think cholula is worth buying, that's why.

Klimpy Borf
Oct 22, 2010
Cholula is trash. Cholula with lime is trash for garbage people that have never met a mexican and think Chevy's is the height of food experimentation

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

DrCornelius posted:

Cholula is trash. Cholula with lime is trash for garbage people that have never met a mexican and think Chevy's is the height of food experimentation

The wooden cap conveys a high degree of craftsmanship and sophistication. Just don't put it on food or anything.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

DrCornelius posted:

You are about to start a gang war, son

Klimpy Borf
Oct 22, 2010
mm this looks so good, look at that melty cheese and the beautiful colors that cholula imparts to this amazing meal. Where did i get this amazing sauce? oh i went down to safeway and picked it up, you never know what you'll find in that hispanic section!

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Cowens posted:

I post in GBS and I have strong judgy opinions about hot sauce and the people that like it

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

serious norman posted:

Bechamel Sauce.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

DrCornelius posted:

mm this looks so good, look at that melty cheese and the beautiful colors that cholula imparts to this amazing meal. Where did i get this amazing sauce? oh i went down to safeway and picked it up, you never know what you'll find in that hispanic section!

That is bullshit and hot sauce. The closest thing to food in that picture is the Cholula's

Pictured below: Cholulas in its native habitat

Mmmmmm

Mmmmmmm

Mmmmmmmm

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

logical phalluses posted:

because it's valentina with more salt

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Encona is amazing - http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/medias/sys_master/hcc/h03/8830484611102.jpg

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

get this if you have connections

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Crystal, Tapatio, Sriracha, and Chipotle Tabasco are what I keep on hand.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
v8 spicy tomato juice

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Gyra_Solune posted:

v8 spicy tomato juice

I love this stuff! It's good for bogus bloody maries if you don't have any horseradish, Tabasco or Frank's Red Hot.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Gringo Bandito is really good, the guys from The Offspring make it.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Cholula is good on mac n cheese

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i like how food tastes without hot vinegar poo poo on it

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
I like the stuff you get at Nando's and apparently other people do too because they sell it in supermarkets now.

Does sambal ulek count as a hot sauce? My grandma puts it on everything (she even spreads it on toast!) and the older I get, the more I realise that she has the right idea. I'm not quite as bad as she is for putting it on everything, but a dollop of it on the side or stirred into a sauce makes most meals good.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I also like San Luis, mostly because it looks like a bottle of industrial cleaner.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DrCornelius posted:

Look at this wrong beta bitch

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

Goodpancakes posted:

Maybe you should up your god drat game to pureed Carolina Reaper you loving wimpering sissy.
Oh, are we still doing the "I'm gay" thing, because that's how I read this.

:sissies:

You got some 'splainin' to do.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

gonna go hot sauce shopping today after work

gonna get something nicey spicey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
All hot sauces deserve love. :shobon:

I really like making my homemade stuff though, with half homegrown jalepaneos, half homegrown peppino/cherry peppers, garlic, onion, and apple cider vinegar. Can up a big batch most years, and it always comes out great.

• Locked thread