Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Dear diary,

Today was a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Just caught up with Utah and fsu, xort had some fun but we haven't hosed up yet

In other news, now that OSU settled on jt, they are gonna do horrible things to us

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I went to the Sparty-IU game today. I never thought I could be stressed out during a 26-point win, but that's how this season has been. Also being caught in that downpour was truly awful.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So with the Utes opening up some room at the top, could Bama make it into playoff territory as soon as next week with a win over LSU?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Zwabu posted:

So with the Utes opening up some room at the top, could Bama make it into playoff territory as soon as next week with a win over LSU?

Bama and LSU would probably both get in now so yeah

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

If your eyes were open to all the beauty in the world, you too would be overwhelmed with joy

8]

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Georgia Tech record vs. FSU, 1976 - 2007: 0-12

Georgia Tech record vs. FSU, 2008 - present: 3-2

Paul Johnson owns.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So Baylor laid down a clunker vs an ISU team too bad to make them regret it and QB Seth Russell has fractured a bone in his neck (entirely different from breaking his neck, thank god), meaning that it is almost certainly the blue-chip true freshman Jarrett Stidham's turn at QB, which probably represents the most drama the QB position has seen at Baylor since Briles took the job.

I feel like poo poo for Russell, because he's been pretty good this year and the only two halfway positive outcomes facing him now are watching Stidham struggle and Russell's team drop out of playoff contention or watching Stidham take control and potentially take a promising pair of seasons away from Russell - and that's assuming an essentially best-case scenario regarding the fracture.

This season sucks. :smith:

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Son of a mother gently caress.

LSC
Apr 17, 2006

Welp, Xort has shown his will. Congrats to Temple on being 8-0 for the first time ever next week.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Cole posted:

Bama and LSU would probably both get in now so yeah

I sure hope not or we'd probably get a repeat of that loving awful 2012 BCS natty game

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

tranime scholar posted:

I sure hope not or we'd probably get a repeat of that loving awful 2012 BCS natty game

The quicker you have a single conference take over the playoff the quicker we will get to an eight team playoff and put the conference champs in plus a few at larges from smaller conferences and we can say gently caress the stupid arbitrary ranking system and go back to focusing solely on winning your conference like the good ole days.

Took the BCS like 15 screwups for us to get a playoff.

As the fan of an SEC team, I am rooting for the SEC to ruin the four team structure.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Cole posted:

The quicker you have a single conference take over the playoff the quicker we will get to an eight team playoff and put the conference champs in plus a few at larges from smaller conferences and we can say gently caress the stupid arbitrary ranking system and go back to focusing solely on winning your conference like the good ole days.

As the fan of an SEC team, I am rooting for the SEC to ruin the four team structure.

I remember reading somewhere that they're locked into a 4-team playoff for 10 years so

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Cole posted:

An 8 team playoff would make sense and I would loving love for ~~rankings~~ to finally die but I don't see either coming soon.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Pakled posted:

I remember reading somewhere that they're locked into a 4-team playoff for 10 years so

gently caress!!!

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
what

a

time

to

be

alive

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cole posted:

It took the LSU-Bama NCG to get the playoffs, so there is precedent.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I think the exact quote is "What a time to be a{puberty flashback}live".

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My big wonder about Arizona is why they keep putting up with this center who can't snap the ball? Gotta wonder if Arizona could've found three more points somewhere tonight if they didn't have four snaps go over the QBs' heads. And this isn't a new problem, it's been going on all season.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

sweet

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
This needs to be in here somewhere:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Huskies are dog poop and we're never beating Stanford again

Hail Satan

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Pakled posted:

i don't believe you.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
loving Vanderbilt man. It's not as if I was under the impression Missouri was good or anything but Vandy?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Also fire Spavital and let Sumlin call plays or something. I'm tired of poorly ran 2 yard screens

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Grittybeard posted:

loving Vanderbilt man. It's not as if I was under the impression Missouri was good or anything but Vandy?

I'd say it's like the 2012 season all over again but that's not true, we at least won 5 games in 2012 lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

um, WILDCATS (bitch)

Clayton "Wheels 2000" Thorson rushing yards in 7 games: 171 yards
Clayton "Monster Truckin'" Thorson rushing yards vs. Nebraska: 126

NORTHWESTERN IS GOING BOWLING, WATCH OUT BIG TEN TEAMS THAT HAVEN'T MURDERED NORTHWESTERN YET, GIVE ME MY loving HAT BACK BECKMAN CUBIT

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Mizzou's offense is horrible and my friends keep bemoaning leaving the Big 12 because "OMG all the games were huge shootouts," as if Mizzou's offense would magically quit being awful just from being back in the Big 12. The worst part is there's pretty much nothing the coaching staff can do to fix it this year, unless there's magically several underclassmen that can step in and be good. If there aren't, the years of them missing out on a lot of good O-line recruits is going to bite them in the rear end.

Every good thing that happened for Mizzou today got erased by a review. I feel terrible for the defense because they are great and do everything they can to help out the offense. The past three weeks, they've been on the field 38 minutes a game, as the offense has converted 3 third downs in 41 attempts and have scored 0 TOUCHDOWNS!

We're not going bowling this year, barring some insane November where the offense quits killing itself.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
At this point, they might as well let some of the 2nd stringers/new guys get some game time. Our offensive line has sucked for years and a lot of them are gone at the end of the season so what the gently caress do we have to lose? We haven't scored a TD in a month, what are we going to do, suck slightly harder?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
59-10 and we're undefeated again!

I'm probably going to drown in this hurricane but for the time being, we're undefeated and playing Vandy on Halloween. Coogs house, bitch!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Daric posted:

59-10 and we're undefeated again!

I'm probably going to drown in this hurricane but for the time being, we're undefeated and playing Vandy on Halloween. Coogs house, bitch!

I'm happy the soft part of the schedule is done. Beating up the bottom half of the AAC isn't fun anymore, time for some real teams

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So no one named the Ga Tech play "block off" yet?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

QB Seth Russell has fractured a bone in his neck (entirely different from breaking his neck, thank god)

Has this been clarified? The only bones there aside from the vertebrae are small bones like the hyoid that aren't part of the spine. Is it something like that, or is it fracture of a part of the cervical vertebrae that doesn't risk instability or spinal cord injury, like breaking off part of a spinous process?

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Congrats to Colorado for actually winning a conference game. Also still gently caress them for the 5th down.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

FOotball is great I love it!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This is probably the best clip that sets up the end of the game + the aftermatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Z8a8v66P4

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

GO loving BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Texas won again so today was a good day.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
gently caress Bama but GO MOTHERFUCKING JACKETS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Tyrannosaurus posted:

what

a