Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Enfield posted:

could i just get a bag of meatballs

in fact, forget the bag and just throw them at my eating hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ghlbtsk posted:

in fact, forget the bag and just throw them at my eating hole
it puts the meatballs in the hole or it gets the hose again

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:respek:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
only ate at firehouse once.

it was the only time i threw out a sandwich

my italian sub tasted like they added a spoonful of brown sugar to it. never again.

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I like Jimmy Johns, especially the number nine! Someone send me a sandwich, thanks! This thread made me really hungry!

Number 9, no tomato, add sprouts!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Cousins but they're only in wisconsin and arizona which is a goddamn crime.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Microwaves Mom posted:

I wish I lived in wisconsin. they have a lot of good beer there, in addition to good sub style sandwich shops if I am to trust your judgement.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Robot Danger posted:

Number 9, no tomato, add sprouts!

What's sprouts??

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
probably dibella's OP

firehouse blows, sorry

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

How the hell does a restaurant end up only in Wisconsin and Arizona? Did the original owner retire to Arizona and get bored?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

dreezy posted:

I wish I lived in wisconsin. they have a lot of good beer there, in addition to good sub style sandwich shops if I am to trust your judgement.

To put it this way they've got like 9 different types of bread that aren't crusty and old. It is a halfway decent bread and all their subs are fairly fresh.

I think their saying is better bread! better subs! cousin subs! Or it was. But yeah compared to like subway no pedophile spokesman and their food is actually fresh.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

OctoberBlues posted:

How the hell does a restaurant end up only in Wisconsin and Arizona? Did the original owner retire to Arizona and get bored?

Probably, bottom line is they need to expand out a bit more. I think Cousins could do really well in chicago where there is a subway on every corner. Everyone hates it and having a pedo ontop of it all I think has really cut into their business.

I give people dirty looks of I see them eating subway.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm guessing she took that job because she needed the money. Taking a job where she works with meat while still living vegan must be a terrible strain on her. What an awful, awful sentiment it is to think of her as being hypocritical just because she's doing what she has to, to survive.

there's a muslim-owned/operated sandwich shop near here and they serve sandwiches with pork

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
the muslim shop is pretty good but not a chain and dibella's is better because they have awesome bread and use some nice cold cuts, A+ sub chain imo

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Snarfs or Jersey Mikes

Tho nothing beats a local sub shop

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
They opened a Firehouse near my office in Boston but it was hot garbage and was gone in a year. Hey know what doesn't go on an Italian sub? loving mayonnaise :mad:

Anyway that's my contribution, tbh I get my sandwiches from the Italian deli with the concrete floors and permanently stoned employees. You should look into it

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sub sandwiches aren't really that great in general, especially Italian subs, which are overrated. Roast beef, provolone and mayo is OK.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Redjakk posted:

I can get a banh mi at the Vietnamese deli a few blocks away for $3.50 that's better than any sub chain sandwich.

it says sandwich chain in the thread title fart knocker

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I'm at my local firehouse subs now, will update shortly.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
UPDATE!

it was really good.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

You may be a Firehouse shill, but at least you're delivering the goods.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Microwaves Mom posted:

Probably, bottom line is they need to expand out a bit more. I think Cousins could do really well in chicago where there is a subway on every corner. Everyone hates it and having a pedo ontop of it all I think has really cut into their business.

I give people dirty looks of I see them eating subway.

I went to Cousins the other day and their prices went up again which blows. The cheapest subs were $5.99 and as a combo it was like $9.35. I will never step foot in Subway because they are loving disgusting but I won't be going to Cousins much either ugh

luckily they send out good coupons in the mail!! protip

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Jersey Mike's.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

OctoberBlues posted:

You may be a Firehouse shill, but at least you're delivering the goods.

when i went to pay for my delicious sandwich, i just showed my main man at the register this Something Awful.com thread and he gave it to me for FREE.

gotta say, being a shill has never tasted this good.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Came to post publix pleased to see I've been beaten half a dozen times already.

Subway is way too stingy with their ingredients and no matter what you order at firehouse it always has the texture of mashed potatoes.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
A hot dog has bread that is cut 2/3 of the way through with meat and optional veggies in between. Is a sub.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Wawa is top tier, esp the Spicy Italian. I like their breakfast stuff a lot too.

Jimmy Johns is 3 blocks from my house I can order it online and it gets here in about 3-4 minutes after I hit the submit button it's insane. Also cheap and good.

Never had a Firehouse but that looks excellent.

The Subway near me is staffed by prisoners on work release and their prices are jacked up for no reason. It's like $9 for a footlong cold cut trio, that makes no sense. Garbo.

Anyway that's what I think about sandwiches for now.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I'd like a chili cheese meat link sub.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Tom Gorman posted:

Jimmy Johns is 3 blocks from my house I can order it online and it gets here in about 3-4 minutes after I hit the submit button it's insane. Also cheap and good.

FREAKY FAST

EAB
Jan 18, 2011

MrChupon posted:

I'm partial to cheeba hut

gonna go with this

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

idk why everyone likes firehouse subs. I had one once and it was super lovely.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
successfully got Cheba Hut for lunch. Hot Italian with chipotle mayo 9.8/10 would smash again.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont think anyone has mentioned jimmy john's yet which just goes to show how insanely mediocre that place is

but seriously if you dont know the good local places to get a sandwich then you deserve to an existence where you think firehouse is good

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

thathonkey posted:

i dont think anyone has mentioned jimmy john's yet which just goes to show how insanely mediocre that place is

It's been mentioned.

I went there once with the worst hangover of my life, so now I associate the place with nausea.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

but seriously if you dont know the good local places to get a sandwich then you deserve to an existence where you think firehouse is good

normally I'm all about local places but good sub sandwiches can be made by anyone. Unless your local mom n' pop sub place bakes their own bread or makes their own salami and poo poo like that then they can't really be that much better than Publix

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

thathonkey posted:

read the thread

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

City of Tampa posted:

normally I'm all about local places but good sub sandwiches can be made by anyone. Unless your local mom n' pop sub place bakes their own bread or makes their own salami and poo poo like that then they can't really be that much better than Publix

Yea I agree

We have the 'local' spots for subs or pizza but they're legitimately worse than the chain options and cost about 1.5x more. They get business by virtue of being the non-chain restaurants people recommend to visitors. Like it's tradition to buy a lovely sub for $12, or $22 for a large 2 topping pizza that takes an hour and a half for delivery and is nothing special.

I should probably move so I can have access to better sandwich options tbh

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Firehouse is indeed awesome, but I think I prefer Erbert & Gerbert's. It's some goooood poo poo.

Also, you don't go to Firehouse to order an "Italian" sub. What the gently caress, you get those at actual Italian delis. Chain subs are for the weird poo poo you can't make at home or get at your god drat toddler touching subway.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 31, 2015

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
the ones not fronted by a chubby perv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Tom Gorman posted:

Yea I agree

We have the 'local' spots for subs or pizza but they're legitimately worse than the chain options and cost about 1.5x more. They get business by virtue of being the non-chain restaurants people recommend to visitors. Like it's tradition to buy a lovely sub for $12, or $22 for a large 2 topping pizza that takes an hour and a half for delivery and is nothing special.

I should probably move so I can have access to better sandwich options tbh

local pizza makes a big difference imho, usually even the shittiest local pizza places are better than the chains. maybe central/south Florida is special in that regard though because like everyone around here seems to be from NY or NJ

cold subs are a special category where local doesn't matter, because no matter where you go they are buying premade meats and buying premade breads and combining them and anyone can do that

• Locked thread