Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

E1M1 posted:

mind providing a source that says that hulk engineered this entire controversy himself, and no, Gawker doesn't count

You could just Google Bubba the Love Sponge. You could also just think about why a shock jock might force his wife into sleeping with someone. Maybe Bubba just enjoys a nice session of cu*king?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

E1M1 posted:

mind providing a source that says that hulk engineered this entire controversy himself, and no, Gawker doesn't count

It's the argument that was made by gawker's lawyer in court, and they kissed the bible and swore to tell the truth

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/07/jezebel_proves_scott_adams_is.html

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Chinatown posted:

drew magary is good and his football posts on deadspin are good

Deadspin is good generally. I always appreciated them calling out Bill Simmons for being a loving hack.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

But yeah Jezebel and Kotaku are trash.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
https://twitter.com/hulkhogan/status/766357094652112901

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Also the only thing that got shuttered is the Gawker.com domain name because it's a stigmatized brand. No one got fired and even if they did they can still keep blogging on the same drat website because Kinja is an open platform even if it is clunky and terrible.

Hulk Hogan should rename his penis to "the free press", because broadcasting it is a crime (and it's dead, limp, shriveled, killed Gawker, commodified by the internet, despised by conservative straight men, unable to please the housewive demographic, gets Denton and Theil hot and bothered, overestimated in scope and significance, not actually 10 inches, )

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

You could just Google Bubba the Love Sponge. You could also just think about why a shock jock might force his wife into sleeping with someone. Maybe Bubba just enjoys a nice session of cu*king?

I find this to be more believable

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
reporting on celebrities' penises was always going to be the death of journalism

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It's unfortunate that it takes a billionaires money to stop the evil media. Now if only literally every other main stream media and click bait site/newspaper was shut down and burned we could finally have a true free society.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
hulk should bang Trump's wife so we can get CNN shut down

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

i think he's talking about gawker

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

and also black people

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

This is some damning evidence you have convinced me

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

happyhippy posted:

He beat the Iron Shiek comrade.

That son of a bitch.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
So even if the hulkster knowingly allowed and abetted the release of this tape (which is insane and stupid and completely unfounded), he still owned the living hell out of Gawker by getting them to distribute images and video of his actual naked body and penis when literally every other site had the good sense to not do that

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I think Jennifer Lawrence, the big bang girl, and literally every other female celeb who had her nudes leaked intended for them to be distributed because they knew just how hackable their icloud accounts were

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Gawker is/was an embarassment to the media. It funded itself by not paying its writers for anything, it violated people's privacies, Sam Biddle led the charge to get people harassed and fired for posting things he didn't like on social media

In general, it was an awful agency and they're lucky every single person who got hosed over by them didn't show up in a line when they locked the doors to kick the chief editor squarely in the balls one after another.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

E1M1 posted:

So even if the hulkster knowingly allowed and abetted the release of this tape (which is insane and stupid and completely unfounded), he still owned the living hell out of Gawker by getting them to distribute images and video of his actual naked body and penis when literally every other site had the good sense to not do that

Yeah and then he made millions off of the same scheme. Clever guy.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
https://twitter.com/Mobute/status/766324771508355073

cool detached fyads and weird twitters completely melting down over Gawker shuttering is the best thing

I'm the sound of the shredders working overtime at the clickbait mills

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
thats how i made my first few millions as well actually

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Internaut! posted:

cool detached fyads and weird twitters completely melting down over Gawker shuttering is the best thing

I am the man who has written nearly 100,000 tweets. He has written more words on twitter than appear in Infinite Jest.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Gawker is/was an embarassment to the media. It funded itself by not paying its writers for anything, it violated people's privacies, Sam Biddle led the charge to get people harassed and fired for posting things he didn't like on social media

In general, it was an awful agency and they're lucky every single person who got hosed over by them didn't show up in a line when they locked the doors to kick the chief editor squarely in the balls one after another.

The reversal of who is getting bullied is really weird. Ok its not that weird but its disappointing and proof that things won't get better.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Internaut! posted:

Jeb Lund parlayed making fun of autists on something awful into a freelance writing gig where he sometimes makes as much as 12 grand a year. He's a hero.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Who was jeb lund

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Uncle Wemus posted:

Who was jeb lund

helldump superstar boniface

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Uncle Wemus posted:

Who was jeb lund

Helldump superstar Boniface

e: gently caress

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
he is a real american
fighting for what's right

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
kotaku is the site with "otaku" in its name that absolutely despises video games and anime and Japan and all that nerd poo poo we associate with otaku

lol self-hating nerds

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What happened to that kotaku writer who wrote 100,000,000,000 word essays about living in japan as a maid for a yaoi artist

And why is it ok to bully someone for having opinions you dislike. Didnt jesus teach us to love our enemies

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

vols bitch posted:

SMASH EM HULKSTER

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Al Cowens posted:

kotaku is the site with "otaku" in its name that absolutely despises video games and anime and Japan and all that nerd poo poo we associate with otaku

lol self-hating nerds

How this relates to videogames:

gently caress if I know, but I have a word count or else I don't get paid those sweet adbucks.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Al Cowens posted:

lol self-hating nerds

I'm not sure what my favorite part of that is because I scrolled it through it quickly and every single stop revealed a new and intriguing dimension to how pathetic the author is.

I think maybe it's the alcohol allergy. Dude's bitchmade all the way down to his genes.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm not sure what my favorite part of that is because I scrolled it through it quickly and every single stop revealed a new and intriguing dimension to how pathetic the author is.

I think maybe it's the alcohol allergy. Dude's bitchmade all the way down to his genes.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Al Cowens posted:

lol self-hating nerds

Haha I remember he also wrote a follow-up where he whined about people calling him out for being an absolute idiot.

Lose the shades, bleach the hair, tweak the eyebrows and he'd make a good anime twink.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
seriously tho jezebel needs to be shut down for reals

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lol they still claim no wrongdoing whatsoever. peter thiel is still the bigger piece of poo poo and i hope he gets his too, but gawker deserves this

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
*helicopters into thread wearing an American flag* i don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He Who Smelt It
Jun 14, 2012
That lady needs to get herself checked out for HIV*

*Hulkamania in vagina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

Al Cowens posted:

lol self-hating nerds

i hope this guy's general unhappiness and insane grievance-taking with everything follows him to every end of the earth

• Locked thread