Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Beta drivers and putting priority to low makes the performance poo poo. I can run BF3 on high at 1680*1050, it's a really good impression when they push something a month before release that has so many issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Beta drivers and putting priority to low makes the performance poo poo. I can run BF3 on high at 1680*1050, it's a really good impression when they push something a month before release that has so many issues.
PREPARE 4 BATTLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBZ_wlY9cxA

I made a bunch of emblems, 911 tribute, Gay Putin, BF2 MEC Flag (it's hard), Marathon, Chinese Flag, Pac Man, and Serious Sam

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/GGHaggardJr/stats/224949198/pc/

Click here and copy emblem if you want to copy the GAY PUTIN emblem and make homophobic players and/or Putin loyalists mad.

Supernorn posted:

I dunno about you guys but I'm having fun.

edit: tweaked it a little more.

:frogout:

Nalin posted:

I run on Windows 8. I had the initial Punkbuster crash, which I solved by manually updating it with pbsetup.exe. Then I had horrible stuttering with the beta driver. I did a clean install of the 327.23 WHQL driver and I have been smooth sailing ever since.

Also, I made this:

Link for anybody who wants it:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Nalin-8/stats/240053311/pc/
Thanks, copied it to my extra slot

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Oct 5, 2013

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Soarer posted:

So for the people experiencing the micro stutters, have you checked the load on your CPUs?

On my desktop with Phenom II X4 965/HD 7870/12GB ram the game runs 30-40 fps but experiences the micro stuttering/lag hiccups and has the cores basically pegged at 100%.
I've downloaded the beta on my laptop which is running a i7-3610QM/GTX660M/16GB ram and while it can't seem to break 28fps I have not had it stutter once, and the cores are't maxing out like on the older AMD proc.

Both the unusually low performance and unusually high CPU load are in the known issues list.

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

keyframe posted:

I was going to get a new mobo/cpu for this game but I am running the beta beautifully so I can probably wait till next year before I upgrade.

When is the next Intel cpu's supposed to come out anyway? Haswell came out recently right?

Next is Broadwell in Q2 2014 - process shrink of Haswell. Don't expect much from them on the desktop side. The cool CPU for games will be Haswell-E when it turns up at the end of 2014 with 6 and 8 core models and ddr4 memory support.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Riflen posted:

The cool CPU for games will be Haswell-E when it turns up at the end of 2014 with 6 and 8 core models and ddr4 memory support.

I'm going to ride out my I5 2500 until this one hits I think.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm afraid to roll back drivers. I'm getting 40-60 fps, holding around 50 most of the time on ultra.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Cardboard Box A posted:

I made a bunch of emblems, 911 tribute, Gay Putin, BF2 MEC Flag (it's hard), Marathon, Chinese Flag, Pac Man, and Serious Sam

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/GGHaggardJr/stats/224949198/pc/

Click here and copy emblem if you want to copy the GAY PUTIN emblem and make homophobic players and/or Putin loyalists mad.

Thanks, copied it to my extra slot

I joined a random server against either you or someone who was using the putin emblem earlier.

It wasn't very fun.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Lord Yod posted:

I joined a random server against either you or someone who was using the putin emblem earlier.

It wasn't very fun.
What did we do to you :ohdear:

nihil morari
Sep 24, 2011

by Ralp
I was getting horrible frame rates (<30) but then I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and now the game runs pretty great even at high settings.

nihil morari fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Oct 5, 2013

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

nihil morari posted:

I was getting horrible frame rates (<30) but then I upgraded to Windows 8 and now the game runs pretty great even at high settings.

Now this, this is dedication.

nihil morari
Sep 24, 2011

by Ralp
I was expecting Windows 8.1 to literally rape me and my family from the way I have heard people talk about it, but I don't mind it. All I had to do was install something called "Classic Shell" and it put back the classic Start Menu button, so now it's basically just like Win7 anyway. No big deal. Granted, I shouldn't have to download a 3rd party program just to make Windows not suck dicks.

nihil morari fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Oct 5, 2013

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
I dunno... Upgrade to windows 8? Not convinced

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

nihil morari posted:

I was expecting Windows 8.1 to literally rape me and my family

You sure have a way with words.

nihil morari
Sep 24, 2011

by Ralp
I saw someone mention earlier that Win8 handles multicore processors better (I have 6 cores). Maybe that's why it works so much better. I don't know much about this fancy computer stuff anymore.

Ularg posted:

You sure have a way with words.

I had my way with your mom last night.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The fact that the best thing people can say about windows 8 is that it's actually not that bad really isn't a selling point for me in any shape or form.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

nihil morari posted:

I had my way with your mom last night.

Microsoft hires the best PR. :allears:

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!

Jippa posted:

The fact that the best thing people can say about windows 8 is that it's actually not that bad really isn't a selling point for me in any shape or form.

Windows 8, for me, is a faster more stable Windows 7.

The bad points are that yes, it comes with a lot of Fisher Price bullshit that can be uninstalled, and also the lack of a Start Menu. But the Metro screen does the same job - it's just a bunch of shortcuts.

The one actual flaw I have with it is I find the Ctrl-Alt-Del Task Manager takes a while to appear, instead of Windows 7 where it's instantly there.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
It wasn't so bad yesterday, but today the game is a stuttering piece of poo poo :negative:

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

xyigx posted:

Makes me a hell of a lot more hopeful for the battle recorder.
There isn't going to be a battle recorder, as far as I know. They ceased all development of it when Xbone and PS4 announced their own screen recorders.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Yoshimo posted:

Windows 8, for me, is a faster more stable Windows 7.

The bad points are that yes, it comes with a lot of Fisher Price bullshit that can be uninstalled, and also the lack of a Start Menu. But the Metro screen does the same job - it's just a bunch of shortcuts.

The one actual flaw I have with it is I find the Ctrl-Alt-Del Task Manager takes a while to appear, instead of Windows 7 where it's instantly there.

Ctrl + Alt + Esc :ssh:

KatMan911
Jan 21, 2002
CHEAP FUCKASS. I HAVE NO COMPASSION. IGNORE ME. I AM WORTHLESS.

td4guy posted:

There isn't going to be a battle recorder, as far as I know. They ceased all development of it when Xbone and PS4 announced their own screen recorders.
Well, if this isn't a legit reason to bring out "Consoles are loving us again!" card, I don't know what is. Consoles are loving us again!

Question - anyone else has the "b" key hard-bound to opening console? Is there any way to unbind the stupid thing?

I had it used for switching seats in a vehicle in BF3, and in a heat of battle I forget that I'm not supposed to touch it. Died to it quite a few times now. Pain in the rear end.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

nihil morari posted:

I saw someone mention earlier that Win8 handles multicore processors better (I have 6 cores). Maybe that's why it works so much better. I don't know much about this fancy computer stuff anymore.

Windows 8 handles hyper threading a hell of a lot better than Windows 7. Battlefield also uses some CPU optimization techniques that are only in Direct X 11.2. You can only get Direct X 11.2 on Windows 8

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Fixed my stuttering and got adjusted to tank shell trajectory.

:getin:

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Just reconfirming that emblems are the best thing ever.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
There is no gun but the XM25 and muhammed is his prophet

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Ularg posted:

I love transport helos. Whenever you play with me I'll try to pick up and drop off people as much as possible as well as use the miniguns to clear off wookie nests.

Nope, sorry, already called dibs on flying every transport helo. Loving the hell out of hovering over a far-away cap point with a full crew, miniguns ablazin'. :2bong:

Kinda sucks there's no vehicle perks for the drat thing but oh well!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

mad.radhu posted:

There is no gun but the XM25 and muhammed is his prophet

Yeah, it's ridiculously fun. Shoot at some guys until they dive for cover, then pull it out and :bustem:

By the way, is there a quick button to adjust the range for the airburst on the fly? As of now the only way to do that I've found is to go out of and back into the sights every time.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 5, 2013

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Supernorn posted:

It wasn't so bad yesterday, but today the game is a stuttering piece of poo poo :negative:

Yeah, I'm getting down in to 35-40 FPS range with major drops every few seconds now.. Pretty much made the game unplayable last night. Oh well, hopefully we'll get some kind of update since this is apparently an old build.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, it's ridiculously fun. Shoot at some guys until they dive for cover, then pull it out and :bustem:

By the way, is there a quick button to adjust the range for the airburst on the fly? As of now the only way to do that I've found is to go out of and back into the sights every time.

Not that i've found. I flicker the IRNV sight up to gauge average distance, then either walk closer or further from the target to fine tune, since moving doesn't reset the airburst distance unless you reacquire your target.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

anyone getting a crash when trying to rebind keys?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

Make sure your graphics aren't set to borderless windowed mode. That makes the Nvidia driver crash for me when applying settings.

A flying piece of
Feb 28, 2010
NO THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING AS CHEX
Can someone explain to me how to play support in domination? I do well playing assault, but get completely dominated by assaults when I'm using this lovely LMG. The airburst also isn't as good of an option due to the scale.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Any eurogoons need a heli gunner or recon laser/engineer? Playing with randoms is like playing the lottery. Add me on battlelog: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/BibiNetanyahu/

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

td4guy posted:

Yes, you also have ShadowPlay coming soon from nVidia which sounds great. There's just no point in spending the effort anymore.

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

Do not rebind the jet controls. It crashes the game consistently.

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin
double post

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Supernorn posted:

Today it's latency and rubber banding for me. Even with a 41ms ping I'm lagging like crazy.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

A flying piece of posted:

Can someone explain to me how to play support in domination? I do well playing assault, but get completely dominated by assaults when I'm using this lovely LMG. The airburst also isn't as good of an option due to the scale.

In case you're not aware, with the default LMG you can switch between scoped and unscoped depending on where you're at and how close you think the enemy will be. Default key is T I think. Personally I had more luck outdoors using the scope than I did running around indoors since you get wrecked in close range. For specific places, I seemed to have the most luck guarding the side door near the elevator near C (assuming you hold it) since you can see pretty far down the street from there and you have pretty good cover. Not always an active area though.

On an unrelated note, I thought something was missing from the true Battlefield experience but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Ah, there we go.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

When do you get a Battlepack? When you reach Rank 3?

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

No holo sights for DMRs in beta? I guess the irons aren't too bad on the RFB, but I can't properly approximate my BF3 SKS recon without.

Amazing gun though, letting me break 2.0 kdr in domination for the first time :unsmith:

Friction fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Friction posted:

No holo sights for DMRs in beta? I guess the irons aren't too bad on the RFB, but I can't properly approximate my BF3 SKS recon without.

Amazing gun though, letting be break 2.0 kdr in domination for the first time :unsmith:

I keep reading people practically fellating the RFB, but I still don't get it, even after getting the Heavy Barrel. At any range there is at least one gun that would be better. Even if I manage to sneak up on someone just sitting and aim for the head, they turn around and waste me before I can get a second hit in.

• Locked thread